Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Smallville 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smallville  (Read 50376 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 05:55:20 PM

The wonderfulness of getting rid of Lana kind of balanced out the suckiness of losing Lex.

She's nowhere near as annoying in the couple episodes she was in this season though. 

Although I read an interview earlier this week saying Rosenbaum would be willing to come in for the end of the show for some eps.  I really think the show is going to season 9, its not like Tom Welling has alot on his plate.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 06:09:40 PM

I liked how Clark was all "Superman" without having to fly or shoot things with his heat vision. It's bugged me that whenever other supers are introduced, they steal Clark's thunder. He's the one who should be saving people, giving inspirational speeches, etc etc. NOT having his neck saved by Green Arrow while Aquaman tells him he should use his powers for good. That's good once in a while, but not all the freaking time. Sooo...yeah, things turning around, I'm liking it, or at least have a reason to watch it again this week.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 06:42:34 PM

Aquaman shouldn't be saying anything to Superman except "Thank you for letting someone as completely fucking useless as me hang around you.  Here's your paper and coffee, sir."

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 09:33:24 PM

No. Who the hell wants a simpering fool uttering shit like that? Just get the damned coffee and don't speak unless you're told to.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 05:10:05 PM

OK, after the latest episode I'm just about all Lanaed out. It's really, really, really time for her to just get the hell out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 01:00:53 PM

I seriously thank God that Lana's last episode is next week.

I want more Pew Pew less QQ.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 04:47:27 PM

Well they took care of the whole Lana problem.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 03:43:34 PM

Did they kill her?  I'm hoping her career nosedives so she poses for Playboy.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Yeah, I'm a dick.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 03:48:25 PM

No, her skin is now made of Kryptonite.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 10, 2009, 03:22:22 AM

I don't care if she's green as long as she's nekkid.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:41 PM

Go go Season 9.  They got picked up for another season, which is great.   awesome, for real
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 08:31:45 PM

So, tonight's episode was pretty good. Whats her name from 90210 plays a good evil bitch.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 04:30:15 PM

English actor Callum Blue (Alex on “Secret Diary of A Call Girl”) will play iconic Krypton criminal mastermind Zod on the ninth season of “Smallville.”

Does our Zod approve of the casting?
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 24, 2009, 05:04:22 PM

Is he Superman yet? Cause I'll start watching again when he does that. I liked the non-Superman Clark Kent for about five years, but after almost a decade it's getting kinda meh.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: June 24, 2009, 06:26:11 PM

It's hard to believe that this is still on TV.

And yes, I believe he's Superman now. Probably mainly because it's hard to have a 34 year old Clark Kent in Smallville High. Unless his superpowers include leaping statutory rape charges in a single bound, etc.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 24, 2009, 07:35:01 PM

Well I mean with the flying around and super suit and secret identity.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 09:32:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Time Warner has their cockblock* still in place so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

* The "Superboy" IP is in different hands (owned by the Siegels) than the Superman IP (owned by Time Warner) so things like the name "Superman", the costume including the "S" and all that stuff is owned by Time Warner.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: June 25, 2009, 10:31:49 AM

That's no excuse! I want Superman by cracky!  Mob  Hm, I thought Smallville was a Time Warner show, or at least produced by WB. Different station, different contract? I never understood that.

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 25, 2009, 11:30:21 AM

Okay, so he still isn't Superman technically, but is he at least actively being a superhero at this point?  Or is it still mostly just a guy trying to live his life but these damn powers are getting in the way kind of deal?  Has he "embraced his destiny," so to speak, even if he's not engaging in the trademarked aspects of Superman's character?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 25, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Okay, so he still isn't Superman technically, but is he at least actively being a superhero at this point?  Or is it still mostly just a guy trying to live his life but these damn powers are getting in the way kind of deal?  Has he "embraced his destiny," so to speak, even if he's not engaging in the trademarked aspects of Superman's character?

Yes and no.  It's more about the decisions and everything he goes through to become the Superman of the future.  Alot of the Romance/drama is gone thankfully because Lana is off the show, and as much as I liked Lex, it's kind of refreshing to have him gone last season.  

The character is at the stage where he knows the world needs him to be a hero, but everyone keeps getting hurt around him and he keeps blaming himself.. and this keeps him from accepting his "destiny".
Although he still acts as the "red-blue blur" saving people and doing his heroic duties, he's just not "Superman" yet.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009, 01:31:56 PM

Okay, so he still isn't Superman technically, but is he at least actively being a superhero at this point?  Or is it still mostly just a guy trying to live his life but these damn powers are getting in the way kind of deal?  Has he "embraced his destiny," so to speak, even if he's not engaging in the trademarked aspects of Superman's character?

Yes and no.  It's more about the decisions and everything he goes through to become the Superman of the future.  Alot of the Romance/drama is gone thankfully because Lana is off the show, and as much as I liked Lex, it's kind of refreshing to have him gone last season. 

The character is at the stage where he knows the world needs him to be a hero, but everyone keeps getting hurt around him and he keeps blaming himself.. and this keeps him from accepting his "destiny".

And he's a raging dick.  Clark Kent on Smallville is one of my most unlikable characters ever.
Gutboy Barrelhouse
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009, 01:33:52 PM

I just posted to see if Ironwood would comment.......................
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 07:13:58 AM

On my way to the Slayer/Megadeth concert Wed night I walked past Kristen Kruek (sp?) on the street. That girl needs to eat a sammich.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 11:17:30 AM

Yeah, I could see that working.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 23, 2009, 06:13:13 PM

So it looks like Tom Welling is going to finally wear a Superman outfit.  Looks like they are slowly showing it off at Comic-Con with Welling doing a full reveal in the suit on Sunday.  The suit will make it's TV debut on the episode "Superman", the first episode of Season 9.

One thing though, the suit has no cape.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:16 AM

Now I know the Lois character hasn't been written to be terribly bright but it'll be interesting to see how the show justifies her being so mind bogglingly stupid that all Clark has to do is take off his glasses (which he doesn't actually wear yet) for her to be unable to recognize him in his new suit.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 06:07:54 AM

Maybe he'll put ON the glasses when he's in the suit.

Also - no cape? Meh.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 10:09:26 AM

So it looks like Tom Welling is going to finally wear a Superman outfit.  Looks like they are slowly showing it off at Comic-Con with Welling doing a full reveal in the suit on Sunday.  The suit will make it's TV debut on the episode "Superman", the first episode of Season 9.

One thing though, the suit has no cape.
After marathon-ing the first 8 seasons, I was basically of the opinion that they had nowhere left to go but to put him in the suit. Thank god. I'm happy they kept him out of it this long, but it's just how things had to go.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 10:24:10 AM

I wonder if they'll bring his mom back for an episode to make it for him.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 11:44:35 AM

Now I know the Lois character hasn't been written to be terribly bright but it'll be interesting to see how the show justifies her being so mind bogglingly stupid that all Clark has to do is take off his glasses (which he doesn't actually wear yet) for her to be unable to recognize him in his new suit.

He already has worn the glasses, but it was only for a couple episodes if I remember right.  The whole secret identity thing has been brought up a couple times by Chloe.

Supposedly the new season is going to start with him embracing the red-blue blur and him ignoring his clark kent life.   The suit is also only it's first incarnation, so probably why he has no cape.  There was an episode a few seasons back all about the cape, so I'm sure when the Metropolis TV Movie comes out, it'll probably show up then and not during the last season.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 02:12:48 PM

I felt they had nowhere to go but Superman after the fourth season. Then they did four more seasons without Superman anyway.  swamp poop  There were some good episodes in there, to be sure, but still...nowhere. Finally getting around to it at Season 9 seems a bit anti-climactic to me.

schild
Administrator

Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 02:17:08 PM

Seasons 7 and 8 were the highlight of the series for me, and given who they've cast for key roles in 9, I really have no clue what you're talking about.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 06:56:38 PM

Seasons 7 and 8 were the highlight of the series for me, and given who they've cast for key roles in 9, I really have no clue what you're talking about.

The series picked up definitely after they got through the High School stuff.. But I agree with Schild.  The reason this show keeps going is because the last couple of seasons have been very strong showings.  Considering the show has been on it's "last season" since the 6th season, and keeps going strong.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:39 PM

Wow, really? I stopped watching after season 6, so I don't know what you're talking about. Literally!

I'll bet 1,000 gold in WoW that this Superman thing doesn't happen after all. I'm callin' bullshits! But if I'm wrong (ha!) you have to collect on Blackhand.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #69 on: July 25, 2009, 09:19:11 PM

Did they do the reveal at Comic-Con yet? I'm surprised personally that Time Warner is going to let them do this after all these years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Smallville  
Jump to: