Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Smallville 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smallville  (Read 50332 times)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 28, 2009, 07:16:54 PM

They definitely took too long getting here. This should be season 5 or something.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 02, 2009, 09:52:06 PM

Okay, that was honestly pretty good. They even had a little subtlety now and then. Brian Austin Green was good; I actually care a bit about Metallo. He's not just BAD GUY RAR! I loved the Terminator reference. I do wish Clark came in at the end wearing his glasses. Overall though, yeah. Pretty good.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 26, 2009, 05:45:13 AM

I'm getting really tired of the Green Arrow story arc. I'm having trouble even getting through this week's episode. Maybe it's time for him to join Lex and Lana.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: October 30, 2009, 09:06:07 PM

Okay I am REALLY liking this season. Characterization could stand to be a little deeper, but overall, loved the TV show idea, and I'm even liking Chloe again. I wasn't too keen on the SuperHacker omgWATCHTOWER thing, because it was way too cheesy, but when she dragged Oliver out of the gutter the way she did, and then tonight she out-hacked the other hacker, she became a bit more interesting to me.

I wish they went with the TV show thing more, or at least came back to it, which they probably won't.

I really don't care for Luther-ette. She's dumb. She's why I didn't watch last season.

Hawt Speedy! Very cool arc for Oliver. I wasn't too keen on him either, but he's growing on me again.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57:50 PM

Damn, did they show an episode tonight?  I got preempted for sports :(
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 31, 2009, 05:23:33 PM

Damn, did they show an episode tonight?  I got preempted for sports :(

I thought it was on fridays?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 31, 2009, 08:21:34 PM

I guess the Chicago market got pre-empted til Sunday.  But I saw it, was a good episode.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 11, 2009, 09:55:53 AM

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that The CW has decided to turn "Smallville's" upcoming Justice Society-themed two-parter into a two hour movie event airing on January 29.

Written by Geoff Johns, the episodes - titled "Society" and "Legends" and featuring such DC Comics stalwarts as Stargirl, Hawkman, and Dr. Fate - were originally designed to air separately.

Scooper 'CW Insider' also tells us that The CW gave the two-parter a huge budget upgrade.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 12, 2009, 12:10:35 AM

Sweeeeet.

schild
Administrator

Reply #114 on: November 12, 2009, 12:26:01 AM

Yea, that's pretty great.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #115 on: November 12, 2009, 02:57:09 PM

Entertainment Weekly is reporting that The CW has decided to turn "Smallville's" upcoming Justice Society-themed two-parter into a two hour movie event airing on January 29.

Written by Geoff Johns, the episodes - titled "Society" and "Legends" and featuring such DC Comics stalwarts as Stargirl, Hawkman, and Dr. Fate - were originally designed to air separately.

Scooper 'CW Insider' also tells us that The CW gave the two-parter a huge budget upgrade.

Now if they'd just take out all the Smallville cast and just make it Geoff Johns doing a 2 hour JSA thing, I'd be really happy.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 13, 2009, 08:40:54 PM

I could definitely do without "OMGWatchTowar" for that entire episode.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: November 13, 2009, 09:04:10 PM

What what ok now Chloe is a little more interesting again.

ACK!

And GLASSES.

And now I cannot play Dragon Age because I don't want to dilute the awesomeness of Smallville this season!

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 13, 2009, 11:29:19 PM

Smallville has been excellent this season.  I liked this episode alot, although we could have used a bit more Wonder Twin action. 
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: December 18, 2009, 01:55:13 PM

So all the recent costumes have been sorta modern, not exactly comic bookish but more vigilantie "realistic"...then Justice Society hits and they go apeshit with spandex and freaky helmets and GODDAMN FEATHERY WINGS ON HAWKMAN!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/11/smallville-get-a-look-at-the-justice-society.html

ACK!

This'll be interesting....

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:19 PM

People need to be more excited about this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATt_jYt3_AY

ACK!

ACK!

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: February 05, 2010, 03:23:58 AM

Ok I didn't miss it, it comes on tonight!  I don't care too much for the JSA except for Dr. Fate.  Dude is cool.  So the JSA gets a live action show before the JLA?  Interesting.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: February 05, 2010, 10:06:13 AM

YES.

TONIGHT.

Edit to add: SHIT!

I am clearly too excited and this will not live up to my expectations and I will be sad and cut myself afterwards!!!

ACK!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:12:57 AM by Slyfeind »

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: February 05, 2010, 07:07:30 PM

Really enjoyed it.  Not what I was expecting but the script was very good, lots of nice nods to the comics. 
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: February 05, 2010, 10:07:55 PM

Oh man that was awesome. AWESOME.  ACK!

Good stuff. GOOD STUFF!

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: February 06, 2010, 11:01:40 AM

That was a great episode last night.  I really have little to no complaints about it at all.   awesome, for real
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 07, 2010, 06:21:07 AM

Wow. Really good episode. They've earned another season.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 07, 2010, 12:20:20 PM

Wow. Haven't really been following Smallville since it was kind of fun but Clark Kent the boy with super powers in hicksville USA + Teenage Drama got old after 2 seasons. This was awesome though, gonna watch the rest of this season too now. They really did pull everything out of the comics for this one, compared to the earlier seasons I'd seen that was a huge shock. Looking forward to some more characters getting introduced. Also I loved the JSA, I'm really hoping we get to see some Alan Scott and Ted Grant in the future.

My thoughts on the plot:

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 07, 2010, 01:28:42 PM

Wow. Haven't really been following Smallville since it was kind of fun but Clark Kent the boy with super powers in hicksville USA + Teenage Drama got old after 2 seasons. This was awesome though, gonna watch the rest of this season too now. They really did pull everything out of the comics for this one, compared to the earlier seasons I'd seen that was a huge shock. Looking forward to some more characters getting introduced. Also I loved the JSA, I'm really hoping we get to see some Alan Scott and Ted Grant in the future.

My thoughts on the plot:

She did say that was coming: 
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 07, 2010, 01:46:06 PM

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 08, 2010, 01:43:56 PM

Hm, maybe that's it; I really hate that character, so I guess I didn't pay attention to her monologuing.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 21, 2010, 12:06:51 PM

The final scene of last night's Smallville was both disturbing and a spectacularly stupid and dangerous thing for Clark to do from miles away in the middle of a city.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 21, 2010, 01:38:25 PM

I think he was making a point.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:49 PM

That look on Zod's face was eerie. I get the feeling he wanted Clark to do that....

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: February 22, 2010, 07:46:51 PM

That look on Zod's face was eerie. I get the feeling he wanted Clark to do that....

Of course, now he can spin Clark as an enemy to Candorians <sp?>

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: February 23, 2010, 12:25:40 AM

Well Zod written clark off as a pussy the moment he saw him. He had the "so the little boy wants to be a man" look on his face.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: March 04, 2010, 04:34:06 PM

“SMALLVILLE” TO RETURN FOR A TENTH SEASON ON THE CW

March 4, 2010 ( Burbank , California ) ─ The CW Network has announced that its hit series “Smallville” will return in the fall of 2010 for a momentous tenth season.

“Smallville,” a modern retelling of the Superman legend, stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent . The series moved to Friday nights this season, where it currently ranks as network television’s #1 show in its time period among men 18-34 and men 18-49. Additionally, “Smallville” has dramatically improved The CW’s ratings performance in its Friday 8:00-9:00p.m.time period by 67% among adults 18-34 (1.5/6), 200% in men 18-34 (1.8/7), 75% in adults 18-49 (1.4/5), 183% in men 18-49 (1.7/6) and 74% in total viewers (3.12million).

“Smallville” joins the five previously announced series – “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “ America ’s Next Top Model” – which will all return for another season on The CW.

“Smallville” was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar (“Shanghai Noon,” “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor”), based on the DC Comics characters. Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson serve as executive producers, along with James Marshall, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins and Joe Davola. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: April 07, 2010, 10:58:40 AM

Okay so last week's episode, I really liked the character interplay at the bed and breakfast. That's something the series has been missing a lot lately. I wish there wasn't that banshee thing going on so we could have more wacky superdating hijinx. Heh. "Look Chloe, there's food!" YANK.

I really hope that Luthorcorps chick dies soon. Does anybody like her? Ugh. I did like how Zod was subconsciously trying to be like Clark, going to his home, calling himself the Blur, etc. OMG subtext! Obvious, sure, but for this series it's positively subtle!

Did Clark have his powers when he boned Lana?

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:51 AM

Okay so last week's episode, I really liked the character interplay at the bed and breakfast. That's something the series has been missing a lot lately. I wish there wasn't that banshee thing going on so we could have more wacky superdating hijinx. Heh. "Look Chloe, there's food!" YANK.

I really hope that Luthorcorps chick dies soon. Does anybody like her? Ugh. I did like how Zod was subconsciously trying to be like Clark, going to his home, calling himself the Blur, etc. OMG subtext! Obvious, sure, but for this series it's positively subtle!

Did Clark have his powers when he boned Lana?

I think when they actually boned it was when he had lost his powers for a short time.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: April 07, 2010, 02:24:11 PM

Okay that would make sense. I know they were wondering if his sperm would shoot through her pelvis or something, but I thought they answered that before now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Smallville  
Jump to: