Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread?  (Read 114936 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: October 05, 2008, 02:54:21 PM

So not surprising. I have no clue who cobbled together their servers but collision going goodbye because of client-server sync issues is where this was all headed anyway. It's the logical endpoint of the mob rubberbanding, not able to hit ranged mobs in melee, roots not actually rooting things, etc, etc. There is some weird shit going on with their servers and I don't begin to understand it.

Honestly, I love this game and I've been shilling it pretty hardcore but the technical issues are out of hand. It's a bad release from the technical side and it's grinding me down. There's a LOTRO expansion and a WLK coming up and, despite the novelty of WAR, they're both looking better with every crash and every exploit I run across.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #316 on: October 05, 2008, 06:01:58 PM

I'm not at "this game sucks" yet, but I HATE all the running around for PvE quests. Yeah, CoH/V ruined me in that I could just call up the mission giver. Doing a quest in one area, running back to the giver only to be given another mission in the exact same spot makes me want to scream.

However... I'm enjoying the PvP at this point even on PUGs. Am a bit sick of Nordenwatch, but I tend to be on winning Order teams. I like Khaine's Embrace more, but every Order team I've been on has been just raped by Destruction. Have only been to the Gates once, but that was another Destruction blow-out.

I'll probably start to enjoy the PvP less when I hit the areas dominated by guilds and / or the PvP hardcore, but right now it's fun (as a SW).

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: October 05, 2008, 08:12:12 PM

Finally got my wolfie and started grabbing the flag in Mourkain Temple (its incredible in PUGs that even 90% of people with mounts don't try to leave the exact second they can jump off the ledge- I've gotten the bauble every single time I've tried to get it, mostly against Order teams who have some mounted people).

Mourkain PUG wants to make me fucking scream.  The first time I got it, I sprinted to the back and started Plinking away.  Two zealots in my group, standing near me DPSing, and NOT ONE FUCKING HEAL.  I died very quickly from the bauble curse.  Look, I understand that once the curse really gets going, its better to die and hand it off in a safe backlines environment.  I get that.  But when the first two curses kill you and nobody heals you, that's just pure idiocy.

The funny thing is in that very same scenario, when I died in the backlines, NOBODY PICKED UP THE BAUBLE.  I went thirty seconds, respawned, ran back, and fucking picked it up from the middle (apparently it goes back to its initial setting place if nobody picks it up).  At that point, the zerg had moved forward and nobody thought to get the artifact.

....I hate people. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #318 on: October 05, 2008, 08:23:32 PM

You get it every time because destroy is closer to it. Same with Tor Anroc. Shorter run.

Trust me, those Order guys leap off the first moment they can.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: October 05, 2008, 08:52:41 PM

You get it every time because destroy is closer to it. Same with Tor Anroc. Shorter run.

Trust me, those Order guys leap off the first moment they can.

Hmm, didn't know that.  I assumed that if that were true Order would be howling about it on the boards, which they aren't.  Guess people burned through T2 too fast to notice. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #320 on: October 05, 2008, 08:53:27 PM

People aren't howling on the boards because they're not gonna fix it, plain and simple. Lots of the maps are like that. Particularly in tier 3.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 05, 2008, 08:55:40 PM

PUG scenarios are like PUG everywhere. One in ten fills you with enormous faith in the power of human beings to spontaneously click into a smoothly intuitive clockwork win-machine. The other nine make  you want to reach through the Internet to rip out some carotid arteries of your ostensible teammates.

Was pugging some Phoenix Gate tonight. Three of us coordinate an end run assault on the flag while almost everyone fights in the middle. Alert Order players tie up the other two, but I get through and get the flag. Huge crush in the middle, so I decide to go around the side. I've got only a witch hunter on my tail, no problem. Then I see that a lot of Order players are peeling out of the middle to intercept. I get across the side bridge with just a moment to spare, now I have a bit bunch behind me. I'm in /scenario telling people where I am and what's going on. Everyone just keeps fighting in the middle, because now there's only a few Order players there and they can kill them all. I have the entire rest of the Order team behind me, rooting me, doing all the damage they can, etc. I pop a potion, juggernaut, anything to keep going. One of the other players who tried to get the flag has respawned and she's trying to slow the crowd behind me. Still nobody's coming to help. I see two zealots within healing distance--they keep DPSing one of the last remaining Order people alive in the middle. I die essentially at their feet, just as I was turning towards our flag.

So bad. And pretty much the way it goes nine times out of ten.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 05, 2008, 10:32:14 PM

Maybe it's because I'm a healer, but my pug experiences haven't been that bad. At least on average. I'd say I probably win a good 60% of my pugs. Maybe more. Had a straight sweep yesterday; 15ish games in a row. Damnedest thing.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #323 on: October 06, 2008, 12:31:38 AM

Depends on your class really. DPS & Healers fare a lot better than melee when a team is sucking in general because they can still perform their duties and pick their battles. Melee class, not so much. They take risk going in front and if no one is focus firing; there's really nothing you do in front but giving points away to the enemy. Not to mention the lack of healing, and people's insistence on making a frontal charge. Quite suicidal imo.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: October 06, 2008, 01:06:55 AM

I have ALOT of "WTF are they thinking" moments in pugs.  Alot of losses are just due to lack of common sense or tactics.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: October 06, 2008, 05:49:55 AM

Rerolled witch elf from squig herder.  The difference is like night and day.  My very first PQ at level 5- me and a 6 witch elf go to take their home flag in Nordenwatch right after they get done capping it.  Near our cap, two 7 bright wizards and a 6 ironbreaker intercept us.  We FF one BW, then the other, and then take the ironbreaker.  Fucking awesome.

The next one, I decide that taking the back flag is too chancy, and just run behind their zerg as we are duking it out at the fortress.  I waste one healer, then another, and that's all they had and their zerg falls apart (this is a team that, according to chat, had beat basically our twelve guys 5 times in a row).  We win.

Third time, not as dramatic, but I charge up the bridge at the fort zerg to go for the archmage.  He keeps backing up, and 5 guys follow me.  I actually got a heal and two, and lived long enough to let my team cap the flag since half of the defenders chased me.

I actually came this close to deleting my Squig Herder character (21) but I'll keep him around in case they ever get an overbuff and get FOTMy.  But now, I've found my new mission in life:  waste the fucking healers and bright wizards.  I don't care that I'll die two seconds later if I can take one of those bastards with me. 

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: October 06, 2008, 06:06:19 AM

I don't think pugs are any better for particular classes. If I'm in a really bad pug, as a healer I'm unguarded and swarmed quickly and die repeatedly, often healing little other than myself. Usually, things are pretty good. If I get a bad PUG, I usually wait five minutes before getting back in the queue to minimize repeating with the same people.

But don't forget, every guild group we have doing scenarios (and I think we do pretty well) is a PUG for the other 6+ people. Most of my better PUGs have what looks like a guild group in them.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #327 on: October 06, 2008, 10:21:00 AM

But now, I've found my new mission in life:  waste the fucking healers and bright wizards.  I don't care that I'll die two seconds later if I can take one of those bastards with me. 

You're not the only one.  On my bright wizard, any time I see a marauder, tank, or witch elf running in a line that will eventually intercept me; I assume they're coming to kick my ass.  If there's a witch elf that I know is in the scenario and I can't account for, I assume they're coming to kick my ass.  Before level 10, you're a free kill.  You have no snare/root.   After then, you're still pretty much a free kill as anyone attacking the witch elf will likley break your root before you get any distance.

This is understandable.  If I'm left alone and have sufficient combustion, I'll drop DPS fairly fast and I've even dropped tanks in fairly short order.  This is with me still relying on a 3 second cast time spell as a main damage source.

-Rasix
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: October 06, 2008, 10:59:39 AM

Ganking witch elves is the favorite hobby of my iron breaker.

That IB who just punted you off the clothie, shield slammed you to the ground, snared you, beat on you a while as you tickled him, punted you again just because it's fun, and then let you think you were getting away before he buried a thrown axe in the back of your head? His wizard says hi.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #329 on: October 06, 2008, 12:06:19 PM

I love that some witch elves are surprised when my witch hunter can see through their stealth. They drop back behind the lines a bit to heal up an are amazed when I come after them. On a straight up DPS to DPS fight, it's usually all about who gets the first couple of good shots. I also like when Marauders think they can tank me as if I was a squishie. SURPRISE, BITCH. You don't have tank armor and I can kill you.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: October 06, 2008, 01:04:00 PM

I love that some witch elves are surprised when my witch hunter can see through their stealth. They drop back behind the lines a bit to heal up an are amazed when I come after them. On a straight up DPS to DPS fight, it's usually all about who gets the first couple of good shots. I also like when Marauders think they can tank me as if I was a squishie. SURPRISE, BITCH. You don't have tank armor and I can kill you.

My Marauder eats Witch Hunters. Could be a lower Tier 1/2 thing though?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #331 on: October 06, 2008, 01:07:42 PM

The class balance does shift significantly between the tiers.

"Me am play gods"
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: October 06, 2008, 01:34:20 PM

It could also be that the majority of Witch Hunters in lower tiers on my server are a bunch of pussies that try to run away from me. Hint: Never turn your back on a Marauder.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: October 06, 2008, 01:41:12 PM

Don't turn your back on any of the Melee DPS classes.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #334 on: October 06, 2008, 02:33:54 PM

It could also be that the majority of Witch Hunters in lower tiers on my server are a bunch of pussies that try to run away from me. Hint: Never turn your back on a Marauder.

This. Most marauders I'm going to go after, I do my best to swing around behind them so as to use the ability that nullifies their armor. If I'm stupid enough to stay in front of them and try to go toe-to-toe, yeah, I'm squished. Stick and move stick and move. Actually, trying to go toe-to-toe with much of anything is suicidal, unless it's a finger-wiggler. And they usually start running away from me the minute I get into contact if they are smart.

Strangely enough, the ones I have the biggest trouble with are DOK's and Shamans. I expect to die when fighting a tank, but both those classes seem able to stand up to me and eventually put me down without help.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: October 06, 2008, 03:58:40 PM

DoK's are ridiculous.  The worst one I saw was a 10 DoK vs my 9 WH, an 8 WH, and an 8 & 9 WP.  It took us a good 5 minutes to kill the guy.  We'd get him down to half, and then bam, full health again.  He wasn't spamming pots, due to the cooldown, and he didn't have any extra buffs or anything.  Was rather satisfying when we finally killed him, though.  Which happened rather quick like.  All of a sudden, he just went down like he should have under FF from 4 similarly leveled people.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: October 06, 2008, 04:08:50 PM

Disciples and Warrior Priests are tough.  They have a good HoT with a bit upfront, a really good long HoT, and a really nice Leech, plus a dinky damage and area heal by level eight or nine.  Coupled with the second heavest armor they may not dish out a ton of damage, but they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

I love my Diciple. Heart

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #337 on: October 06, 2008, 04:17:11 PM

I love when people turn and run from my witch hunter so much.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

I've been messing around with the white lion. The pet is completely stupid. God help Destruction if it ever gets fixed, because even with Retardo Kitty, I'm pretty mean so far. And I don't even have Pounce yet!

God Save the Horn Players
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: October 06, 2008, 04:18:59 PM

DoK's are ridiculous.  The worst one I saw was a 10 DoK vs my 9 WH, an 8 WH, and an 8 & 9 WP.  It took us a good 5 minutes to kill the guy.  We'd get him down to half, and then bam, full health again.  He wasn't spamming pots, due to the cooldown, and he didn't have any extra buffs or anything.  Was rather satisfying when we finally killed him, though.  Which happened rather quick like.  All of a sudden, he just went down like he should have under FF from 4 similarly leveled people.

I bet he didn't come close to killing anyone else either though.  That full heal you saw was probably the morale heal.

I am the .00000001428%
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: October 06, 2008, 04:46:02 PM

I bet he didn't come close to killing anyone else either though.  That full heal you saw was probably the morale heal.

Yeah, the two WP's kept me up, and he focused on me the entire time.  I think he died because he got bored, to be honest.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 04:47:39 PM by Cadaverine »

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #340 on: October 06, 2008, 04:51:05 PM

Pretty effective keeping at 4 people busy though.  My greatest personal victories in Alterac Valley were keeping a large group of people so focused on me that they failed to react to their graveyard being grabbed.

-Rasix
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #341 on: October 06, 2008, 04:56:50 PM

From everything i've read, the Kainites are imba in the early stages of the game but drop off towards the latter. WPs apparently go the other way.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: October 06, 2008, 06:17:49 PM

Warrior priests are actually harder to kill than Disciples. Their abilities are even more heal-centric, for which they sacrifice some damage dealing. Getting bored doesn't kill a WP or DoK, it's just that eventually the actionpoint/healpoint balance cracks and they don't have time to heal.

If you can drain them of action points (all sorts of good abilities for this) they'll die just like any healer, there'll just be a delay as they blow their heal points.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: October 06, 2008, 10:36:10 PM

This holds true for other healers as well... the #1 class I fear on my runepriest isn't the WE/marauder, it's the shaman (and other AP drainers). With no AP, I can't heal myself OR others... with an MDPS on me, at least I have options, I can try to kite (esp after I get rune of sundering), etc.

-- Z.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: October 07, 2008, 01:32:36 PM

Yeah, I've been working my AP drain heavily into my rotation as a Chosen--I think it's overlooked how important it is to do that.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #345 on: October 07, 2008, 05:05:12 PM

This. Most marauders I'm going to go after, I do my best to swing around behind them so as to use the ability that nullifies their armor. If I'm stupid enough to stay in front of them and try to go toe-to-toe, yeah, I'm squished. Stick and move stick and move. Actually, trying to go toe-to-toe with much of anything is suicidal, unless it's a finger-wiggler. And they usually start running away from me the minute I get into contact if they are smart.

Strangely enough, the ones I have the biggest trouble with are DOK's and Shamans. I expect to die when fighting a tank, but both those classes seem able to stand up to me and eventually put me down without help.

Doks and Shaman are a bitch and a half for me as well on my WH.  I shall soon have pistol whip, so with that and silence I am hoping that will turn the tide a bit.  Sure am glad I won't see my knockback til lvl 40 swamp poop

WE or WH duos are definately where its at in my book.  The raping and pillaging you can do along the backlines is the sweet sweet pvp necter that has me hooked.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: October 07, 2008, 05:39:05 PM

I've found that as a witch elf, I can effect the course of battle sometimes even without scoring a kill.  The other day in Ekrund, I got up on the healer ledge and started attacking (at level 8, don't really have the omg wtfpwn healer skills yet).  I got him down pretty fast, someone started healing him, I popped enchanting beauty and ran back into the chamber near their flag.  Two healers and three DPS followed me.

Sure, after about ten seconds, they killed me, but guess what happened to their tanks down in the pit in the meantime?  Taking half your team away from the most crucial objective at the most important part of the scenario (initial mid flag cap) to chase one witch elf is BAD  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: October 07, 2008, 09:01:52 PM

Sure, after about ten seconds, they killed me, but guess what happened to their tanks down in the pit in the meantime?
Oh yes. This is what I love most about Ekrund. Go onto the "other team's side" with my archmage or shadow warrior and pepper them with DOTs until they feel obliged to turn around and pay me attention... then run and hide downstairs. If they ignore me, I can repeat... if they follow me, as you point out, I lose the battle and help win the war.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread?  
Jump to: