Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread?  (Read 114930 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: September 20, 2008, 02:42:23 AM

Haven't played. Just asking.  Ohhhhh, I see.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 03:18:12 AM

It'll appear about two weeks after launch. A month at the outside.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 04:56:58 AM

I really haven't noticed any frothing at the mouth about this game being good or bad. Is that a good thing?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 04:58:20 AM

Numbers are pretty high considering who has and who hasn't gotten the name. It's the most active game in terms of people in vent besides Eve. And uhmmm, mostly people are just playing. I haven't even stepped into a few of the forums since the head-start started. This is largely unprecedented.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 05:00:09 AM

You did the same thing when AoC was released awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 05:04:53 AM

To be fair, I was also pretty fucking high for about 2 weeks there.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 05:23:42 AM

So it's better than AoC and Hellgate then? Or should one wait a month before making such a judgement?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 05:41:10 AM

Depends on how long it takes you to get to the end game.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 05:54:42 AM

So it's better than AoC and Hellgate then?
Your criterion for "fun" is "better than AoC and Hellgate"? It must be nice to be so easily pleased.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 08:11:35 AM

The game is quite fun if you enjoy pvp and you have others to play with. 

The game is marginally fun if you enjoy pvp and play alone.

The game gets old really fast if you don't like pvp.

If you like pve and playing solo, play WoW. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 08:24:32 AM

I know this will get me some flames, but to me, WAR is twice the game that Conan was in terms of plain craftsmanship.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 09:14:14 AM

The game is quite fun if you enjoy pvp and you have others to play with. 

The game is marginally fun if you enjoy pvp and play alone.

The game gets old really fast if you don't like pvp.

If you like pve and playing solo, play WoW. 

This is almost word for word what I tell people about it.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 09:16:27 AM

So how long before this forum gets put in the graveyard? There should be a pool!
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 10:41:10 AM

I like the PvE.  The quests give good rewards/experience, the public quests are great (fun battles, lottery loot + guaranteed rewards are a nice item distribution model), and running around questing can lead you to some cool stuff. 

For example,   Similarly, there is a  

Sure the game is WAR, WAR is everywhere!, WAAAGH!, and you are a sally if you do anything but queueueue for scenarios or take objectives, but the PvE stuff has good content that adds some flavor to typical fedex/kill 10 kangaroos quests.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 11:12:15 AM

I've been playing for a day now trying few different classes (wasn't in any beta). It's seems pretty good so far, probably mostly because of novelty value. Things that annoy me are the animations (they look like shit) and the lack of feedback in combat. I usually have no clue if my spell/attack did anything. The only result is that a small dull grey number rises from the target that gets lost in the background graphics most of the time.

I've been only twiddling in the first zones for destruction and the lack of scenarios is pretty boring. I queue for PVP and there's more than an hour wait to get in. Not sure why that is, not enough players around my level anymore maybe...Hopefully Mythic will polish the game more in the future, but so far it seems pretty decent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:03:44 PM

I'm missing some things I took for granted in WoW, these are the following features they somehow missed:
-Loot Linking on Chat is not in.
-No target marking I know of. For a PVP game they really need this, because random pick up group has no way to coordinate at all without ventrilo.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 01:05:42 PM

What Nebu said seems to sum it up pretty nicely (haven't tried guild grouping, as I'm not in the guild yet). 

It also seem more....solid? polished?...than AoC.  The public quests and reward system looks like a really smart feature. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 01:15:32 PM

I'm missing some things I took for granted in WoW, these are the following features they somehow missed:
-No target marking I know of. For a PVP game they really need this, because random pick up group has no way to coordinate at all without ventrilo.

They can designate an assist and make macros. Note that WoW target marking doesn't work in PVP either. (Well it might work in BGs, but it definitely does not in arenas.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 01:55:31 PM

So it's better than AoC and Hellgate then? Or should one wait a month before making such a judgement?

It's better than AoC if you liked WoW, and better than Hellgate. Wait a month though. The pace to the endgame was never really tested, so if you're not a 25+ hour a week'r, it might feel slow.

* queue the inevitable "just play to have fun and don't worry about leveling" responses*

At the same time, now is the best time to enjoy the frequent lower-level PQs and Scenario PvP. Because there's still a lot of other people around. In a month that may not be the case.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 03:18:19 PM

They can designate an assist and make macros. Note that WoW target marking doesn't work in PVP either. (Well it might work in BGs, but it definitely does not in arenas.)

It works on friendlies, not enemies.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 04:59:40 PM

I bought it because I was surprised how much I enjoyed the couple of days I had in the open beta.  Tonight we attacked a T2 keep somewhere, took it, then defended against what must have been over 100 Chaos players.  It was fairly intense.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 05:29:17 PM

We're doing something wrong with taking keeps.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 06:52:51 PM

We got better.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 06:53:39 PM

Much.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 07:22:03 PM

We're doing something wrong with taking keeps.

The only thing we were doing wrong was attacking overpowered dark elf sorcerer lords.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 07:28:52 PM

You need a game that sucks for a "this game sucks" thread. So far, I don't see that as applicable.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 08:12:33 PM

Impossible! It's an mmo.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 08:15:39 PM

You need a game that sucks for a "this game sucks" thread. So far, I don't see that as applicable.

I agree with this.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 11:32:39 PM

You guys are so cute in the first week of a new MMO.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 21, 2008, 12:00:39 AM

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 21, 2008, 05:19:15 AM

Troll us all you want, but we are the last line of defence against the hordes of Destruction.  How you gonna type snarky comments when a Mutant turns your hand into a flipper?

HUH MUTHERFUCKER?

/been playing too much
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 06:04:37 AM

Troll us all you want, but we are the last line of defence against the hordes of Destruction.  How you gonna type snarky comments when a Mutant turns your hand into a flipper?

HUH MUTHERFUCKER?

/been playing too much

I'll use the new hand growing out of my stomach.

ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 21, 2008, 12:27:05 PM

Unlike AOC, I haven't run into a nasty bug or glitch at all.

There is some rubber banding with mobs and some stuck-in-walls stuff, but not much. Its very well done from a build standpoint, imho.

Also, replayability looks great, unlike Turdtula Island or whatever in AOC.

I like it so far.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 21, 2008, 01:22:57 PM

Well it's ok, I'm feeling the grind at level 15 though.

Couple things

~performance issues, way worse than aoc, it's alright on the low settings but my should certainly be able to make it look nicer.

~scenario's, they really need to make cross server scenario's. Getting one to pop for destruction on a fairly low pop server is an exercise in futility.

All in all though I'm enjoying it but the question is how much will I when the newness of it runs out, dunno.

Also, I just got my first gold spam tell today  awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 21, 2008, 01:58:39 PM

Personally, I'm really loving it.  The thing that's bugging me (and will get me to cancel if it's not fixed) are technical issues.  Game runs choppy as hell when the screen is packed and I get a lot of misreporting of player positions (which is CRUCIAL for a tank).  Turning the settings to low doesn't seem to help much (doesn't seem to hurt much, either, the game looks almost identical save that the buildings aren't as dark and the armor isn't as shiny).  If that improved, I'd love this game.

Got a few crashes to deskop. My house has been some kind of wierd confluence of fucked up problems, too.  Playing on friday, game crashes to desktop twice, I lose my internet twice briefly, then I got a freaking power outage.  I realize Mythic can't be held responsible for power outages and the like, but having to sit through the unskippable opening movies and click past that stupid EULA and re-set my graphics settings (they don't save? WTF is this?!) five times in about as many hours really highlights a lot of user inconvenience which could have been removed.

But in general, when it works, I love this game.  Things like Public Quests and repeatable Battleground Scenario quests make a ton of difference.  I hope WoW is taking notes, this is how PvP should work, dammit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Where's the "This Game Sucks" thread?  
Jump to: