Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:18:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  (Read 239770 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #175 on: November 04, 2007, 03:48:31 AM

How about AC1? Can we mention that?

Sure. But it'll be like screaming in a vacuum since dodging shit was the only thing it did do right. Me and Asheron's call are not friends.

Oh, another thing Hellgate did right: No elves. This is like 10 points on a review scale if I had one.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: November 04, 2007, 04:08:57 AM

Pfffft. I'll take randomly generated levels, a proper hardcore/harder difficulty, a story arc that ENDS, and so much loot that half of it is missing from the strat guide over uhhhh uberguilds, raids, 60 levels of meh, and a chat interface. Also, you know what you can do in Hellgate? DODGE FUCKING PROJECTILES. YEA, THAT'S RIGHT. I CAN FUCKING MOVE TO THE SIDE. IT'S A FUCKING REVOLUTION IN MMORPG GAMING. And no one mention AC2 or NeoCron. They're dogshit and always have been. And did more wrong than the SWG NGE.

I'm as happy as anyone that someone has deisgned a MMOG without giving up halfway through saying 'fuck this, just copy World of Everwarquest and we can slope off early for beers'. But that doesn't change the fact that HGL execution feels barely half assed.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #177 on: November 04, 2007, 05:03:54 AM

How about AC1? Can we mention that?

Sure. But it'll be like screaming in a vacuum since dodging shit was the only thing it did do right. Me and Asheron's call are not friends.

Oh, another thing Hellgate did right: No elves. This is like 10 points on a review scale if I had one.

Which is really strange because IRL there are elves all over London.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #178 on: November 04, 2007, 05:09:02 AM

State of the Game

<snip>

You know, "Comedy of Errors" would have been a better title. I've seen fewer things go wrong in a Mr Bean skit than in that statement.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #179 on: November 04, 2007, 05:20:22 AM

Dodging projectiles is horseshit in any game, and drives me batty when it happens. Fucking missiles that travel slower than a man running.. wtf?  Yes, it's the one game mechanic that I honestly can't stand from a 'it's only a game' standpoint.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: November 04, 2007, 05:38:43 AM

Not quite sure why the name of the company has been left out of the conversation, but here are some other companies "they" provide billing services for:

... Flying Lab Software, Sylien Entertainment' Trade Wars, Fallen Earth from Icarus Studios, Auran Games' Fury ...

So someone did a great job selling a service that was still in development.  Shocking.  Services that do not exist always beat the crap out of services that do in any sort of comparison bidding process.

So if CS and Billing are outsourced, wtf does Ping0 do?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: November 04, 2007, 06:05:02 AM

I was  having a blast with my Marksman but now the fucking memory leak/lockup thing is killing me.  I've tried about 8 times to make it to act 2 (Charing Cross?) and the damn game has locked up on six of them, and not just locked up the game but the whole damn PC.  The other two tries had to be aborted due to RL crap.  Given that you have to make it through three zones with no way to save your progress I must say that I am getting pretty damn sick of Leicester Square station.
schild
Administrator

Reply #182 on: November 04, 2007, 06:40:05 AM

Ping0 does CRM/PR/CS as far as I can tell.

This should be the last job the company ever gets, imo.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #183 on: November 04, 2007, 08:12:17 AM

So for any of my fellow Canadians who want to subscribe...

When you click on the state/province drop down you will find, that's right, no provinces!  No, there is nowhere to type in your province like most other websites.  What you have to do is go down further and select your country first in a later drop box, then they go ahead and populate the provinces so you can proceed.
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 04, 2007, 08:13:40 AM

Screw it. I'm gonna wait to subscribe a bit. The outsourced company scares me. Next thing you know 50 russians will have my credit card details and I'll get a bill about 4 feet thick.

Fuck that noise.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 04, 2007, 08:16:23 AM

So for any of my fellow Canadians who want to subscribe...

When you click on the state/province drop down you will find, that's right, no provinces!  No, there is nowhere to type in your province like most other websites.  What you have to do is go down further and select your country first in a later drop box, then they go ahead and populate the provinces so you can proceed.

I am so used to selecting the country first, and then going back up to select the province.  Annoying, but normal for a US service.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #186 on: November 04, 2007, 08:32:01 AM

You want super fail?

I have had to fight the bosses before the final boss 6 times now. I keep getting stuck on geometry while dead.

OR EVEN BETTER

I killed the final boss, died at the exact same moment from a DOT and I spawned as a gravestone. It did not flag my account as beating him.

Yea.

Going to do it ONE MORE TIME. FUCK.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #187 on: November 04, 2007, 08:54:46 AM

Where the hell is my shared banking from subscribing?
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 04, 2007, 08:58:43 AM

I hope they get that stuff ironed out soon because as ridiculous as it sounds I actually want a subscription.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 04, 2007, 09:13:16 AM

You want super fail?

I have had to fight the bosses before the final boss 6 times now. I keep getting stuck on geometry while dead.

OR EVEN BETTER

I killed the final boss, died at the exact same moment from a DOT and I spawned as a gravestone. It did not flag my account as beating him.

Yea.

Going to do it ONE MORE TIME. FUCK.

Good time.

I subscribed.  There's a line into your locker, the lowest part is shared between characters (only between the same game mode however, you can't share with you're hardcore character).  Also, I tough we would get more inventory space?
schild
Administrator

Reply #190 on: November 04, 2007, 09:19:03 AM

Beat all those pre-end bosses again.

Sydonai did not appear.

I am bugged. Can not finish the game. Cannot play elite mode. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 palladium.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #191 on: November 04, 2007, 09:23:44 AM

Beat all those pre-end bosses again.

Sydonai did not appear.

I am bugged. Can not finish the game. Cannot play elite mode. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 palladium.

Well, then, you can be the guild mascot. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: November 04, 2007, 09:26:42 AM

Delete the quest and go get it again. I had that happen last night.

Didn't even think to delete the quest and restart it.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #193 on: November 04, 2007, 09:30:54 AM

Where the hell is my shared banking from subscribing?

Shared banking didn't make it into the game.  They've said that they're hoping to add it at some point in the future.   rolleyes
schild
Administrator

Reply #194 on: November 04, 2007, 09:31:57 AM

Delete the quest and go get it again. I had that happen last night.

Didn't even think to delete the quest and restart it.

You can't delete the final quest. It's part of an 8 part leg that resets itself.

Heh. God help me if I'm doing the trials again. Cool once. Won't be cool again til elite mode.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: November 04, 2007, 10:20:04 AM

I subscribed.  There's a line into your locker, the lowest part is shared between characters (only between the same game mode however, you can't share with you're hardcore character). 
That actually doesnt share, I tried myself earlier. its just the expanded stash space for subscribers.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: November 04, 2007, 02:10:09 PM

Questions...

Is there a way to respec?

Is there a zoom for use with sniper rifles? I'm damned if I can find one.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 04, 2007, 02:21:43 PM

no and no

I am the .00000001428%
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 04, 2007, 03:07:49 PM

I subscribed.  There's a line into your locker, the lowest part is shared between characters (only between the same game mode however, you can't share with you're hardcore character). 
That actually doesnt share, I tried myself earlier. its just the expanded stash space for subscribers.

Blah, I really need that feature.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 04, 2007, 04:13:18 PM

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #200 on: November 04, 2007, 05:05:57 PM

:( It's a really bland game to be honest. I sat down at a friend's computer and tried a marksman for 15 mins before I let him take over.  I'll give other classes a try when I visit him again. I admit it was satisfying to go full auto with dual pistols, but I tried to control the bursts to make sure the spread remains tight and the usual 'perma-left-click' bug occur, spraying bullets for 5 mins without me holding down the left button. I had to press ESC to cancel it lol.   rolleyes

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #201 on: November 04, 2007, 05:09:26 PM

I admit it was satisfying to go full auto with dual pistols, but I tried to control the bursts to make sure the spread remains tight and the usual 'perma-left-click' bug occur, spraying bullets for 5 mins without me holding down the left button. I had to press ESC to cancel it lol.   rolleyes
Which might actually be considered a feature since the game has the stupid "break stuff for extra drops" mechanic.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #202 on: November 04, 2007, 06:01:26 PM

the funniest shit was at the start when the game said, incoming transmission. I pressed Accept and actually WAITED for them to say something for a full 1 minute before my friend said click that forward button to 'read' the next line  shocked why the fuck are they calling it a video transmission then?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 06:10:48 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 04, 2007, 10:17:19 PM

Wellll, if you are a marksman and take 'Sniper Stance' (or get a weapon with the sniper skill), you do get a zoom, sort of. You need to activate the stance for it to work though, and it works with any sort of ranged weapon [not just rifles].

-- Z.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 04, 2007, 11:02:55 PM

The game crashed before I could enter the portal to speak to the brothers on Act 4 after beating Bloodblade.  I can no longer proceed unless I abandon the quest. Any BASIC QA check of this would have caught this.  Shit, I can't believe it forces you to log out when you abandon a story quest.

Fuck this game.  Seriously, fuck this game.  The number of critical issues, including inability to proceed from bugs, crashes, poor design choices (all over the god damn place)... this game is an embarrassment.  That they would try to spin the things they did as positive is all they can do to put a big smile on a big piece of dog shit.

This game needed at least another 6 months of hard development to become something resembling a mediocre title, and even then, they'd be trying to polish stuff that doesn't work as well as it should.  Hellgate is a broken, poorly implemented, even poorly designed game that is trying to cash in on a game design that's almost a decade old and accomplished its goals far better than Hellgate.  I don't want to even go into how they seemed more concerned about how they were making their money back (Ads, post-release content, subscriptions) instead of focusing on releasing a solid game first.

The ONLY thing this game has going for it is the ding gratz of equipment, which I still find appealing, but there are too many games going out in the next month that are far worthier of attention than this, and with about 1% of the game-breaking bugs if they live up to their hype.

That they are ex-Blizzard guys is not going to help them in the future after this atrocity of game design and implementation.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 04, 2007, 11:34:07 PM

Amen... preach it brutha!!

I agree with Lorekeep's assessment completely.

The ONLY thing this game has going for it is the ding gratz of equipment, which I still find appealing, but there are too many games going out in the next month that are far worthier of attention than this, and with about 1% of the game-breaking bugs if they live up to their hype.

Yep, that's all there really is, which is why the circle jerk this game elicits is so sad.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #206 on: November 04, 2007, 11:40:33 PM

Actually, the game also has a Not Shitty setting. But hey, go to a forest and fuck a fox or some elves. That's fun too. awesome, for real
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 05, 2007, 12:00:08 AM

Actually, the game also has a Not Shitty setting. But hey, go to a forest and fuck a fox or some elves. That's fun too. awesome, for real

Not Shitty setting? What, do I have to get drunk to turn it on so I don't care about all the problems?

I suppose you'd have to be  swamp poop to think this game isn't shit and also consider subscribing to this festering sack of goat anus.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #208 on: November 05, 2007, 12:08:19 AM

Post-apocalypse London might have been a not shitty setting if it was rendered by a competent team of artists. Unfortunately it wasn't.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 05, 2007, 12:11:19 AM

Ohhh, setting as in environment.

I'd rather they picked a setting that didn't lend itself to linear streets, train tunnels, sewers, warehouses and empty river beds that had almost 0 exploration value.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  
Jump to: