Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:12:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  (Read 239511 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #385 on: November 13, 2007, 05:57:42 AM

I'm getting a freezing problem every now and then.  It's basically preventing me from going hardcore atm.  Also, i'm on Vista 64, so it might just be me!
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: November 13, 2007, 06:03:17 AM

I am running XP and had the freeze glitch hit me last night while playing in nightmare mode.

Happy happy...

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: November 13, 2007, 06:06:46 AM

Heh.

I'm with Morf on this.  I had all my CC info ready to go for a 6-month sub then I closed the window.  Just not worth it atm I think.  The biggest draw for me is the shared bank space which isn't it.  Couple that with the 3 unique I have in the bank that have no stats on them, the random bugs with everything (party bug), and the shit chat window and I can wait till they fix to sub.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: November 13, 2007, 06:09:04 AM

I get freezing, but I've been chalking that up to lag since it clears itself.  That's when I get out of synch.  It freezes for about 5-8 seconds and then all the mobs act like I'm not there half the time or come from half a zone away to attack me.  I can tell the game thinks I'm in one place, but the graphics are in another.  Like I said, I zone out and back in again in those cases.

Yeah, I wouldn't chance hardcore either.  Well, that is if you are prepared to have a HUGE tantrum ready when you do bite it due to lag/system problems.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: November 13, 2007, 06:11:02 AM

Heh.

I'm with Morf on this.  I had all my CC info ready to go for a 6-month sub then I closed the window.  Just not worth it atm I think.  The biggest draw for me is the shared bank space which isn't it.  Couple that with the 3 unique I have in the bank that have no stats on them, the random bugs with everything (party bug), and the shit chat window and I can wait till they fix to sub.

Same.  I have no desire to sub at the moment.  No reason for me to.  I'll just keep playing it as is.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: November 13, 2007, 06:15:27 AM

No one here seems to have my problem, but it really makes the game unplayable online. I'll just keep messing about in single player till they fix it I guess. I spent something like an hour yesterday trying to play and actually managing to die a bunch of times. Didn't even finish one quest. WHINE WHINE I'm just disappointed and waiting for a patch.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: November 14, 2007, 02:03:38 PM

I've taken to rebooting after every play session.  It seems to help since I can go for a couple hours (which thanks to RL issues is about the most I can play) without a problem.  If I forget then I can lock up within a half hour.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: November 15, 2007, 05:33:30 PM

Alright.

FUCK THAT.

I just killed Sydonai after dying alot (ill built summoner).  So it cuts to that cinematic.  After cinematic, it lets me see all the beautiful blue and orange loot on the floor, then bugs me out to the credits.

The end.

Fuck that, I didn't get my items.
schild
Administrator

Reply #393 on: November 15, 2007, 05:37:09 PM

Yea. Not as bad as what happened to me. But you can kill him over and over.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: November 15, 2007, 09:44:00 PM

I subbed and rolled a guardian elite.
schild
Administrator

Reply #395 on: November 15, 2007, 10:26:02 PM

lawl
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #396 on: November 16, 2007, 12:53:46 AM

I subbed and rolled a guardian elite.

You are so weak.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: November 16, 2007, 05:02:36 AM

I know.

I almost subbed to WoW, but the wow.com talent calc wasn't updated yet and saved me.

swamp poop
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #398 on: November 18, 2007, 12:14:36 PM

Can anyone tell me why Hellgate doesnt follow it's own internal logic?

Namely that money is now replaced with the element palladium. Palladium is damaging to the demon hordes, which is why every demon carries it around???

How does that make sense?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: November 18, 2007, 01:55:13 PM

Namely that money is now replaced with the element palladium. Palladium is damaging to the demon hordes, which is why every demon carries it around???

That's one of those things that you're supposed to ignore as it's a game thing.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #400 on: November 18, 2007, 02:03:31 PM

In-Character excuses are easy to make with a little imagination:  When demons are defeated, a part of their corpse transmutes to Palladium, which damages demonkind.  Done, yay!
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: November 18, 2007, 04:03:11 PM

I never knew palladium harmed demons. Of course, I don't read the quest text and skip all the cutscenes.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: November 19, 2007, 02:58:21 AM

lorelol

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: November 19, 2007, 03:43:03 AM

The graphics blow chunks. The mobs arent varied. The quests are boring. There's no exciting story arc. The weapon modification makes no difference.
What the fuck were they thinking when they made this?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #404 on: November 19, 2007, 06:20:19 AM

The graphics blow chunks. The mobs arent varied. The quests are boring. There's no exciting story arc. The weapon modification makes no difference.

Diablo 2K38?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #405 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:14 AM

Weapon mod'ing is the best part, wtf are you talking about?  Fuck this game on most levels but weapon mod'ing?  What?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: November 19, 2007, 07:54:04 AM

Weapon mod'ing is the best part, wtf are you talking about?  Fuck this game on most levels but weapon mod'ing?  What?

I can set zombies on fire. If they can just fix the multiplayer bugs (Sly and I get the "can't see the other player" bug so freqently we're getting used to it) I'll consider it 50 bucks well spent.

Anyone who subscribed so early is awesome, for real

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #407 on: November 19, 2007, 09:24:39 AM

I read one of you mention that the beta accounts were still working.  Thanks so much for mentioning that, as it's the best Free game I've ever played.  cheesy  It's not enough to get me to buy it, but for some reason I enjoy this a hell of a lot more than I ever did D2.  I think it's the ability to be a dual pistol character who runs around setting demons on fire and generally fucking shit up.   There's been a number of times I was dissapointed there weren't MORE things to kill on a level, rather than saying "aw fuck there's too goddamn many of them" like I did with D2.

Of course, I'm only level 7 right now so that might change.   Still, fire guns + demons + fps = fun.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: November 19, 2007, 09:29:20 AM

I read one of you mention that the beta accounts were still working.  Thanks so much for mentioning that, as it's the best Free game I've ever played.

Pretty sure that was me, and you're welcome. Still worth the free price, at least until Wednesday the 21st (and possibly longer if they extend it again).

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #409 on: November 19, 2007, 12:26:26 PM

Of course, I'm only level 7 right now so that might change.   Still, fire guns + demons + fps = fun.

In a couple levels, the XM313 rocket pistols should show up. I love mine. 600 rounds/minute of pure explosive love. Dual wielded for 1200 rounds/minute, along with ricochet and reflected shot and my party now terms them "the lag guns". But they absolutely MELT things.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #410 on: November 19, 2007, 09:59:32 PM

Come on, its a hoot to play. I can play for well over an hour without realising I'm throwing away time with something completely pointless. Its worse than Tetris this way. There's occasionally decent writing, and some good humor, but lets face it, its all about the explosions, the pew pew. So far, there's not even any really tough challenges with fighting (granted, I'm only level 14 or so).

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #411 on: November 21, 2007, 02:56:31 PM

Awww.. beta test access is now cut-off.  Pity, I was having fun.  Not worth the $50 at this time, imo.  Maybe if the price drops in a few months, but it was fun while it lasted.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  
Jump to: