Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  (Read 239568 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: October 30, 2007, 09:12:17 AM

Soooooo.

Servers are still down.

Tried to buy the game tthis afternoon at Gamestop where i ordered it: "Hey guy! Hellgate? No, that date isn't the actual release date, that's the date they release it to be shipped to us. It should be in stores before this weekend."

Tried to buy it at CompUSA. They had fucking spaces on the shelves with little signs saying it would be on sale 10/30/07. "Hellgate? Let me check. . . . . No it's not in. When will it get in? *shrug* Was supposed to be in before now."

Tried to buy it at BestBuy. "Hellwhat? That a ecsbock game? nah?" *chhhhhkkkkkk* *looks through flier* "It ain't in the flier, must not be out this week. Come back monday. Chech the computer?" *chhhhhhk* "It say here that it out Wedsday after 2:00 pm. No, it's not out today, it's out wedsday after 2:00.r"

Fucking what the fuck? Wasn't the shit supposed to be for sale today? Weren't the servers supposed to be up for people to log in? This is not inspiring a good feeling.

Mod edit: by request.  http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=11356.0
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:12:45 AM by Rasix »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:23:58 AM

Everything i've read for at least a year said october 31st, i wouldn't start complaining until tomorrow.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:41:38 AM

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/launch-approaches

I may not have the highest reading comprehension, but I think this disagrees...

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 09:42:05 AM

Guys. EB Fucked up. AGAIN.

I think it's time to write that article I tried not to write.

Sigh.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 09:44:38 AM

EB Games website has the 30th listed as the ship date.  If you get the digital download from the EA store, the download manager shows the game as releasing in 12 hours.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 09:50:28 AM

No, here's the beauty. Remember all that talk about how terrible their PR was? I think they might be making some weird claim that there's a difference between launch and release.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 10:03:45 AM

http://www.electronic-arts.de/publish/aktionen/lcodes.html

Get a free wasp kit. Screw Go Gamer. Sign up for EA Germany. Go back to the page above afterwards and after activation. Code "should" work with US version.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:05 AM

http://www.electronic-arts.de/publish/aktionen/lcodes.html

Get a free wasp kit. Screw Go Gamer. Sign up for EA Germany. Go back to the page above afterwards and after activation. Code "should" work with US version.

Did I miss the reason for using the German site over the U.S. one (which also advertises the Wasp dye kit)?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 10:12:28 AM

From EBGames.

Sooo.... I dunno.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 10:13:03 AM

You don't have to preorder a damn thing on the German site. Just clicky some buttons. And they ask for less information.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 10:59:10 AM

Just got my copy, uninstalled the beta and installed it.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 11:04:20 AM

You can get the digital download from EA store now. When the fuck are the servers going to open. Beta testers were supposed to get in early!
Wahn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 11:16:07 AM

About that German Dye Kit Download. It's actually from a German "Hellgate Community Magazine" pdf (stuffed with video clips, who got the idea of putting those in a pdf?), that can be downloaded from the German EA site. Link for it is under Downloads at the page schild linked.

In this PDF is some interesting small print which translated says:

"If you download the Wasp-Dye-Kit between 10/26 and 10/31 you can participate at the beta an are also eligible to purchase the Lifetime-Elite account until the end of November."

So, downloading the Wasp Kit from there gives you the lifetime subscription option without preordering the game.

I got no idea if this works for the US version too, but if it does, it's probably a good idea to get the Kit and get access to lifetime subscription for those who missed the preorder.

On the other hand, giving the "preorder special" lifetime account option out for free to everyone rises some doubts about the preorder success at least here in Germany.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:51 AM

But... but... I don't want to play it all my life! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 11:22:37 AM

But... but... I don't want to play it all my life! 

Don't you mean unlife zombie?

and they have a new homepage up... Now you get...Please stand by...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:28:13 AM by Furiously »

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:05 AM

Well, shit.  I'll just download from the EA store since it's available right now.

Still think it's (see subject title) that they "forget" you purchased something 6 months later where Direct2Drive still has the Planetside: Aftershock purchase I made in 2004.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 11:40:33 AM

I just talked to EBGames. Not shipping to stores until tomorrow. This is a fail of epic proportions.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 11:44:34 AM

And nary a peep from FFS on when our supposed early access is supposed to happen. Gee, I wonder if I've ever played an online game that's offered early access before since it's so complicated? Oh, that's right.. I have! LOTS OF FUCKING TIMES.
schild
Administrator

Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 11:48:31 AM

I don't care about so much about the early access - launch was always 10/31 and that's when I intended to play.. I care about the fact I won't have subscriber privelages tonight at midnight like I should have. This is EB's fuck up all arond.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 11:52:49 AM

As if any of their servers are going to be stable tonight.  rolleyes

Wait, one more time, cause it needs it in this thread.

rolleyes
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 11:54:36 AM

Fuck gogamer entirely. Looks like they canceled my order entirely for no apparent reason.

Hello !

Thank you for contacting GoGamer Customer Support.

This message is being sent to you to auto-acknowledge that we have received your email.

If your email requires a reply, we will respond within 24 - 48 hours.

Fucking useless. Guess I'll do the EA download, but I prefer a box for games. Except steam games.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 11:55:28 AM

Wait, are we suppose to be excited about this game?

- Viin
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 11:56:09 AM

""Some day we'll remember this and laugh. And laugh, and laugh."

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 11:56:32 AM

What? GoGamer?
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 12:55:54 PM

ATTN Beta Players!
Hey everyone. Sorry for the short notice, but in the next 15 minutes or so, you'll be able to hop into the game and start creating characters. This goes for both the US and EU servers. Get to it!

More updates to follow...

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 12:58:27 PM

Well, shit.  I'll just download from the EA store since it's available right now.

Still think it's (see subject title) that they "forget" you purchased something 6 months later where Direct2Drive still has the Planetside: Aftershock purchase I made in 2004.

Fucking agree. What is this bullshit. I noticed that too when I made my purchase. I have like 6 games from eons ago on direct2drive that I can still download. How expensive is it to keep a single record in a database saying that I bought shit from them?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:00 PM

I dont get the gnashing of teeth. If you wanted to play the game so badly, you should have preordered. You could get in the head start now. If you didnt preorder, then dont complain if you dont get it on release day.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 01:37:10 PM

I dont get the gnashing of teeth. If you wanted to play the game so badly, you should have preordered. You could get in the head start now. If you didnt preorder, then dont complain if you dont get it on release day.

Erm, we did all preorder. But it doesn't matter because even if anyplace actually had them today, the servers still aren't up at 4:45pm. Thus explaining teeth-gnashing and whatnot.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:00 PM

So, wtf is happening, should I go home and play or not?
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:55 PM

But people are teeth gnashing about their boxes being shipped. Beta people can still play with out their boxes at release, so whats the big deal?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 01:43:20 PM

But people are teeth gnashing about their boxes being shipped. Beta people can still play with out their boxes at release, so whats the big deal?

the servers still aren't up at 4:45pm

Plus, none of the retailers seems to have any idea what the fuck is going on. Those are my two beefs.

schild
Administrator

Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 02:08:23 PM

Best Buy says 2PM tomorrow.

Which means they have it.

And wouldn't give it to me.

Best Buy is never that exact unless they KNOW. I worked there for 5 years. Those people can't tie their own shoes.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 02:13:46 PM

Is there still an active download for the beta client? All the account creation/download links on the Hellgate site are very dead.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 02:54:02 PM

Is there still an active download for the beta client? All the account creation/download links on the Hellgate site are very dead.

I dont think so, you had to login to their site to access the download link, but the login is disabled.

I personally didnt expect to play today, and probably not until the end of the weekend much. They had major problems with their servers all through beta, so I doubt adding a bunch more people is going to make the servers work better.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 03:05:07 PM

I'm playing right now.

Yahoo!  Yahoo!  Yahoo!  Yahoo!  Yahoo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: expletive deleted superfail expletive deleted  
Jump to: