Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1954912 times)
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #4900 on: April 20, 2009, 02:32:01 PM

Huge goon intel leak ehm, or something. Makes for a good read even if you shun COAD or are that one guy without goonswarm forum access but still like the occasional one sided war update.
I say one sided because between this and shadoo's stuff it's pretty much a coaliton view only for those of us who like to read up on the tabloid side of this perpentual war. I wonder why  Ohhhhh, I see.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4901 on: April 20, 2009, 02:41:38 PM

Huge goon intel leak ehm, or something. Makes for a good read even if you shun COAD or are that one guy without goonswarm forum access but still like the occasional one sided war update.
I say one sided because between this and shadoo's stuff it's pretty much a coaliton view only for those of us who like to read up on the tabloid side of this perpentual war. I wonder why  Ohhhhh, I see.

I imagine that it's pretty obvious why Mittens is publishing that stuff.  He sees the forums of our enemies, he knows what their players are being told about how things are going, and more importantly he knows what they're not being told.  CAOD has many flaws, but it lets propagandists get their message across.  That's why Bob FC LuckyDuck, in his infamous "you are all terrible I am awesome" address to Rise, told them he didn't want them reading CAOD.

Edit: holy shit my posts just tripled.  I guess that posts in the eve forums count now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 02:45:16 PM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4902 on: April 20, 2009, 02:58:38 PM

I'm totally that 'one guy' without GS forum access at this point. :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4903 on: April 20, 2009, 03:19:33 PM

Just ask Trevor or one of the other Kenny/AAA people to repost stuff here.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4904 on: April 20, 2009, 04:02:20 PM

Just ask Trevor or one of the other Kenny/AAA people to repost stuff here.  awesome, for real

nah I actually haven't bothered to put one in because every time i end up posting a lot I get caught, and what's the point of having forum access if I can't post with my epsilon buddies?

Presently, KenZoku has 5 R64s in Period Basis, 7 R64s in Querious, 1 R64 in Delve and 1 R64 in Aridia/Sakht. Until we started ****ing up royally in Querious, they had nothing left in Querious and nothing in Delve.

this answers my other question-gkc went from 6 during the 49- fighting up to 14, and now are going even lower.  I'm not surprised by those posts-I know firsthand how much goons dislike going after r64s.
Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #4905 on: April 20, 2009, 08:10:28 PM

this answers my other question-gkc went from 6 during the 49- fighting up to 14, and now are going even lower.  I'm not surprised by those posts-I know firsthand how much goons dislike going after r64s.

According to my fingermath, from reading The Mittani's posts I calculate RKZ has 9 R64 moons left in their possession. I think. They had 16 moons until the 15th, when they lost 2 and Mittens states they have 14 left.

From what I can tell, it breaks down now like

Querious: 5 (two in 49-U)
Period Basis: 3
Aridia: 1

at the present time.

While this is probably the wrong thread, I was checking an wiki to understand some of the game mechanics stuff the 4/20 update referenced and came across a screenshot of a neat-looking ship. How long would it take a newbie to fly a carrier?  awesome, for real
Terracotta Army

Reply #4906 on: April 20, 2009, 10:33:36 PM

How long would it take a newbie to fly a carrier?  awesome, for real

Evemon is your friend smiley
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4907 on: April 21, 2009, 01:40:28 AM

The odd thing is that goons are turning up in good numbers right now for R64 moons, and for defence (we saved two last night, one of them KIA's, the other in 49- after Kenny spent hours shooting it with subcaps) as well as offence.  I think that Mittens' recent updates have explained the R64 situation in terms that motivate goons, who thrive on storyline, drama and "why this matters" info.

Of course, R64s actually have more drama potential than outposts do.  When alliances are short of income and have to draw on capital, especially where the model is that of Kenny, who hold most cash at the corp level, and in personal directors' accounts, then each provision of money to the alliance begins to be seen in terms of an investment: "will these towers we're buying just die?  Will I get this money back?  Are we just those propping up those useless fuckers in Evol/BNC/Freelancers?"  A classic stage of failure cascade is when people start identifying with the corp ("well, at least we've been turning up even if the rest of them let us down") instead of the alliance.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4908 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:51 AM

Double-post, since Meester was asking whether we'll be invading AAA next and Kartoon (director of fun, titan pilot and Sheikh of Jihadswarm) posted this, which will hardly be opsec on our forums.

Do you honestly think we want Catch? I mean seriously?

It's garbage. After this ends we can start having some fun, and I don't think invading catch would be fun for Goons, even if we'd win it (although this war has been pretty fucking fun). We'd probably still have skirmishes with them and fag up their space, but they would probably enjoy that anyway.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4909 on: April 21, 2009, 08:29:27 AM

Trigona can give more detail, since it's his lot that are driving this phase, but we killed seven hostile towers in Period Basis before downtime today, and at least four more in Querious after downtime.  This is good stuff.

Twitter - Endieposts

Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #4910 on: April 21, 2009, 10:29:26 AM

Evemon is your friend smiley

Evemon (or EVE for that matter) and Power PC Macs are not on speaking terms. I was just curious, anyway.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4911 on: April 21, 2009, 11:02:28 AM

How long to get in and fly a carrier, or how long to fly it well?  I'm training my main character to a carrier now and I've got about 240days left on my current plan, all carrier related.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #4912 on: April 21, 2009, 01:39:15 PM

Period Basis is rich rich rich, TN for example is a .95 system which means its npc spawns and mining are up there with the best in the game.   It is completely worthy of conquest.

I'm not in leadership so my musings are just that, but I think it was felt that Kennys successful retaking of 49 had stalled our offensive and that in order to reinvigorate it, MM should be tasked with a specific goal - the take down of TN.  This wouldn't have happened without support from the Goons and KIA at key phases, as Kenny and AAA can still muster a massive capital blob when they want to, and MM doesn't have the resources down south to deal with them by themselves.

It looks like GR- is the next target,  The goons and KIA with a 34 strong capital fleet took down 3 posses with minimal resistance.  My guess would be that MM will continue this good work with BSs, calling in capital
support from our allies as required.

And for those interested in such things Sov 4 ticked over for the goons in Delve for the first time in J-L
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4913 on: April 21, 2009, 01:49:57 PM

GR- is indeed the next target, but unless Kenny and Barbie up their game then its not going to be that way for very long.  There is a very real danger that we're going to purge it of all hostile towers tonight, since the ones that came out in euro prime were all killed.  If so, it'll go neutral tomorrow until KIA's towers claim in a few days.

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4914 on: April 21, 2009, 03:15:25 PM

GS's weekday advantage is a major problem for Kenzoku and company.  Not being able to get space control outside of the weekends makes them very predictable and limits them to one big push at a time, while GS can do three things at once elsewhere while just trying to hold the line on the weekend (the fact that Kenzoku has to telegraph their weekend plans every Thursday doesn't help at all).  Goons can whistle up a POS-busting capital force and a reasonable support fleet spontaneously, which lets them control the initiative strategically.

PB can't be held long-term with Delve solidly in Goon hands, if Kenzoku hadn't managed to block the southern JB route it wouldn't even be a contest, it would be way too easy for the goonies to bounce between Delve, Querious, and PB while having a big logistics advantage.  Even with Jumpfreighters, it's *hard* to support a deep 0.0 economy while maintaining a large number of POS without JB's, and going through AAA space is a *long* haul with a lot of vulnerable chokepoints.  As SOV4 ticks over for Goons and lets them free up reserves, they're going to be able to push hard and absorb more losses than the opposition is prepared to inflict.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4915 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:04 PM

How are Executive Outcomes fairing by the way?

Im wondering where those two Beachboy titans will go once they lose sovereignity. I think they are polish so it wouldn't be too surprising to see them in COVEN (which might also be a polish contingent) in the near future. Thats my prediction anyway awesome, for real
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4916 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35:05 AM

GR- is indeed the next target, but unless Kenny and Barbie up their game then its not going to be that way for very long.  There is a very real danger that we're going to purge it of all hostile towers tonight, since the ones that came out in euro prime were all killed.  If so, it'll go neutral tomorrow until KIA's towers claim in a few days.

What a coincidence, the number of Frontal Impact towers in GR- this downtime amounts to... Zero.

In other news, Aeternus. Alliance was busy last night removing all its towers from a ZAF held system in Querious, 3D5K-R, 4 jumps away from 49-.  I guess Kenny contributing 2 members to its defense earlier in the day (when we blew up 4 towers that came out in the system) bolstered their resolve to fight to the last tower in the name of Kenny.

Of course, Goons being Goons, two of the towers were stolen as they unanchored.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:39:01 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4917 on: April 22, 2009, 09:19:45 AM

It is inconceivable that kenny would ever run out of cash and be forced to sell the family silver (given to them years ago for being friends of devs) to fund their faltering offensive.

Therefore, since the only tempest tribal issue was owned by kenny, and since chribba is now selling a tempest tribal issue for 80 billion isk, we can only assume that chribba is a scammer or a thief.

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4918 on: April 22, 2009, 09:42:22 AM

Does he still have the Veldnaught?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4919 on: April 22, 2009, 09:44:27 AM

Ys, and a titan.

In fact,entity reckons that there were four such ship, of which three wre kenny's, so there is always a chance that it's that dark ronin guy's vOv

Twitter - Endieposts

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4920 on: April 22, 2009, 10:49:54 AM

Buying a unique and expensive ship like that from Kenny is pretty much a guarantee that the devs would do awful things to it in the next patch though isn't it?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4921 on: April 22, 2009, 11:10:55 AM

I was greviously misled by an idiot who spouted nonsense. I think that ship is elliot manchild's, but don't believe me for a second since I am dumb.

While I am being credulous, was another of gf's most awful posters even close to the truth in saying that aaa wasn't defending tenerifis after all? Or had he just got the wrong end of the stick and its defence is up to atlas or someone?

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4922 on: April 22, 2009, 01:35:28 PM

gotta define 'defending' for a proper answer :)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4923 on: April 22, 2009, 02:38:06 PM

There mere fact that you don't just laugh makes it more credible than I would ever have believed from a [DS1] Helen post.

OK, on a scale of 1-10, where one is Bob after Rise folded, and ten is "we shall fight them on the beaches", with three being "we'll fuel towers a la GS in their old space," five working out as "we'll counterspam" and seven is "it's Atlas's ball but we'll turn up for big fights," where are you talking?

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4924 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:22 PM

Looks like a combined GBC/AAA/Stain Wagon etc fleet came knocking in TN25 and brought down 2 Morsus carriers. Small engagement between Razor and AAA forces in 9CG6 at around the same time too.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4925 on: April 22, 2009, 02:54:20 PM

Looks like a combined GBC/AAA/Stain Wagon etc fleet came knocking in TN25 and brought down 2 Morsus carriers. Small engagement between Razor and AAA forces in 9CG6 at around the same time too.

Yeah, Razor decided to warp carriers to the gate.  I guess that they were bored of shotting POS vOv.

They also got all excitable and forgot to put fleetlinks up or do invites for ten minutes or so, which slowed reinforcements.  swamp poop

Edit:  In other, miscellaneous items, I see that Minor Threat and Puppet Masters are both doing that classic curve that various versions of Triumvirate, Requiem etc did, of rapid growth, a period of stability lasting from days to weeks, then rapid collapse.  It seems to be be linked to the tendency to use nanoed ships, somehow...  I'm kinda serious, there, in that it does seem to afflict alliances who are founded on the idea of being elite PvPers, relatively disinterested in space-holding, a bit more often than the territorial ones.

Elsewhere, Mahrin are you involved in this little revival: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Firmus_Ixion ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:00:03 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4926 on: April 22, 2009, 07:00:53 PM

There mere fact that you don't just laugh makes it more credible than I would ever have believed from a [DS1] Helen post.

OK, on a scale of 1-10, where one is Bob after Rise folded, and ten is "we shall fight them on the beaches", with three being "we'll fuel towers a la GS in their old space," five working out as "we'll counterspam" and seven is "it's Atlas's ball but we'll turn up for big fights," where are you talking?

i haven't been logged in for about a week and a half, so take this with a grain of salt if shit's changed:
for the last couple of months there's been counterspam going on, first in 46dp, then in 9-9, then in xgh.  only after the spam ended did the towers get killed.  during this time, xdx reinforced some pos, but if -a- showed up to rep the pos/fight xdx, xdx wouldn't show up.  so i'd say a 6-7 on your scale- -a- definitely wants in on fights, but if -a- shows up the enemy hides.  i realize this looks pretty smacky but considering that xdx was unwilling to do much sieging, especially in 9-9 where they put up 20+ larges, i think it's pretty accurate
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4927 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:42 PM

Don't think it is the nano ship aspect, but simply the current EVE environment. It is incredibly hard to start a new 0.0 alliance from scratch -- if you are interested in 0.0 but do not want to start out as a renter / pet you are almost forced to bundle a number of existing corps into an alliance. Tortuga, Requiem, Minor Threat and others tried this, and the result almost inevitably reflected poorly on the actual work invested by everyone. You don't change corp culture over night, you cannot change playing habits quickly enough to make a difference when the situation becomes difficult.

That, and for the most part you are trying to run a new alliance with a dozen headstrong leaders.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:05:38 PM by setar »

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4928 on: April 22, 2009, 09:45:48 PM

What Endie says is pretty on the money, having been in all mks of Tri so far, and i got a good laugh out of it.

They have good PVP corps, but most would rather small gang any day than do the POS warfare shit. Gimme a HAC any day, I have a Thanatos I have never even jumped.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4929 on: April 23, 2009, 05:57:13 AM

Obviously, Mittens' current policy of going over the heads of the Kenny/Barbie leaders and telling their members how things are going is all very valuable and useful, but frankly I think it is going too far when I discover this via CAOD:

ahhahahahahah

so you think tcf arriving in tenerifis isn't a big deal

oh man this'll be a lawl~~

Edit: This is confirmed.  I don't imagine that the citizens of Kenny and Exe will be dancing in the streets over it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 06:18:14 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4930 on: April 23, 2009, 06:47:12 AM

Why is that a good thing? Wouldn't it be more useful to secure 49-?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4931 on: April 23, 2009, 07:09:28 AM

-A- has to make a decision. They are committed to two active fronts, one their own and one their allies.  Plus, they can't really be sure where TCF commits themselves until they, uh, commit themselves.

Show up in Tenerifs and maybe get blueballed while the NAP train rolls on in Querious?  Show up Querious and watch TCF move unchecked through Tenerifs?

Plus, in the grand scheme of things, what the fuck is 49-?  The border system to Catch?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4932 on: April 23, 2009, 07:10:46 AM

You say that as if one is not the most efficient route to the other.

You're Evil Thug: you have Kenny squealing to you that they have towers coming out in 49- and that their pets-of-a-pet have only brought thirty drakes.  Meanwhile, you have a station system of your own under spam with towers coming out in Tenerifis, only a few jumps from Impass.  You have a history over the years of ruthlessly ignoring allies to defend your own interests.  What do you do?

Edit, efb :(

Twitter - Endieposts

rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #4933 on: April 23, 2009, 08:02:27 AM

how good a region is tenerifis? and didn't they just acquire it after goons went to delve? is it possible AAA may decide they have too much space and it's not worth defending
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:04:00 AM by rand »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4934 on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:25 AM

how good a region is tenerifis? and didn't they just acquire it after goons went to delve? is it possible AAA may decide they have too much space and it's not worth defending

For ratting it's not great, with a few good patches: the bits they took after we left are pretty good.  Same with mining.  Moon-wise it is pretty bad.  But AAA have held part of Tenerifis for ages, now.  and if they just pull a Bob and withdraw from it then they have the problem that such an action leaves their homelands of Impass exposed next door, as well as making logistics a bit mroe awkward for Atlas in Omist, for ROL in Feyth, and for their own RIT holdings there as well, which I seem to remember are jump-bridged to Impass via eastern tenerifis (this may be wrong).

But, historically, AAA doesn't have a great track record of ignoring its own security in order to protect its allies, so I'd be shocked to see them just pull out, especially when Kenny is showing no signs of clearing Delve any time soon.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: