Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923049 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3745 on: January 31, 2009, 12:26:20 PM

Funny story yesterday.

We're attacking an ATLAS moon mining POS. First the Titan gets bumped several times before Jumping us. Then the Titan accidentally jumps through with the rest of the fleet and has to hurry away in embarrassment. Then we get the password to the POS and Fleet Command orders everyone to warp to it...including half a dozen dreads who warp by mistake.

So now there is 200 Hostiles in their POS, 200 Friendlies and 12 Dreads all bumping each other inside. The Dreads waddle out and warp back in and start shooting the POS from the outside. Both sides then move their ships right close to the shields and pop in an out shooting each other. This makes target calling impossible (who's inside, and who's outside?). I for one found it impossible to see where the POS shield was with all the flashing colours going off from 400 ships. This goes on for 30 minutes of lagfest.

Eventually two friendly Titans show up 400km off and FC orders everyone inside. The Titans fire of 2 DD's...and nothing happens for 5 minutes. At that moment ATLAS changes the password and EVERYONE gets kicked out of the shields...right as the DD goes off and kills pretty much everyone.

ATLAS+BOB+EXEC lose about 70 BS and 100 other ships, Goonswarm losses 70 BS and about 50 ships.

The tower gets blown up 30 seconds later (1 GS Dread died in the process) and RA puts a tower down. But the shields of the dead ATLAS tower stay up so RA can't refuel it. WTFG CCP. ATLAS blows the RA tower up after downtime and put's their own in place.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3746 on: January 31, 2009, 02:40:05 PM

I swear half of our fleet didn't have a fucking clue why they were entering a pos password, or, once inside shields, have any idea whether we were attacking or defending the tower. Still, all's well that ends well.

lol goons.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3747 on: January 31, 2009, 07:55:36 PM

Suas was banned from Goonswarm a few hours ago.

That's the guy who did this.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3748 on: January 31, 2009, 09:11:32 PM

But who will make awesome felt cutout videos now?  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3749 on: January 31, 2009, 09:15:12 PM

That's the guy who did this.

I've never actually watched the whole video before - it's actually pretty good (and funny). Some people just have *way* too much time on their hands.

- Viin
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3750 on: January 31, 2009, 09:18:53 PM

Suas wrote the song. He is a singer/songwriter by profession.

Poluketes made the animation independently of anyone else.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3751 on: January 31, 2009, 09:34:13 PM

It may have been a temporary ban, he got drunk and lead a gang of goons on an op to go shoot some blues instead of defending an R64 moon.  Then told Darius to fuck off when he was ordered to return and defend the tower.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3752 on: January 31, 2009, 09:49:48 PM

Perhaps, but Darius was definitely justified in taking action.  Anyway, since I'm pretty sure you still have sekret Goonfleet.com access, you can probably find out more there than I'm willing to write here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 11:11:38 PM by Phildo »
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #3753 on: February 01, 2009, 01:49:18 AM

A farewell song from Suas

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NY449GRT

Well, not really a farewell song, but he sang it on the op, and it's worth a download.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3754 on: February 01, 2009, 03:40:53 AM

Look, regulars here know that I'm pretty much a Suas loyalist: I pretty much learned the game under his FCing; he gave me some of my favourite stories about my time in Eve; he entertains instead of hurf-blurfing.

But he gets drunk and sometimes he does stupid stuff, and this was one of those times.  I hope to fuck he'll be back again in a few days, and I'll be flying the FREE SUAS flag and all that, and I believe that our smarter enemies really wouldn't want Goons - already on a roll and on a high - to get the sort of motivation that would come with regular Suas involvement.  But this was one of his drunken mistakes where he gets carried away in his own cult of personality, so Darius (of whom I am not the greatest fan) pretty much had to do something.

P.S. The fact that his fiercest critics are Ish Brosef and Midgath Stallsman ACK! should give a good clue as to the worth of Suas.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3755 on: February 01, 2009, 03:56:24 AM

Yeah I think Endie put my feelings on that pretty much bang on (bar not having flown under Suas very much)

Regarding the Pos battle, from reading descriptions I think what probably happened is that the server, being lagged to crap, decided to suddenly catch up with everything all at once. Atlas were probably trying to change the password for ages, The DDs were activated but did not go off, and suddenly the server decided to play catch up, and the password changed and the DDs went off at the same instant, throwing everyone in the pos right into an expanding ball of light. There was nothing anyone could do to avoid it at that point. The only mistake Atlas made was apparently not setting the pos to "allow alliance" so some of their guys got thrown out as well.

From a personal point of view the thought of two sides popping in and out of the same POS shield shooting one another is hilarious as hell and I wish I had been there. Its been 3 days or so and I'm STILL laughing at the thought.

Hic sunt dracones.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3756 on: February 01, 2009, 08:33:11 AM

What's pretty humorous is that almost all the GS highend moons got taken without any resistance (or so it looks from the map/kb), but the one time Suas leads an op, it happens to be during an op to defend one.   I'm honestly surprised that DJ prioritized DG-/0-w over Esoteria's moons, considering he kept Eso/PS holdings rather than the  SP/drone region holdings that average goons relied on more. 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3757 on: February 01, 2009, 09:11:22 AM

What's pretty humorous is that almost all the GS highend moons got taken without any resistance (or so it looks from the map/kb), but the one time Suas leads an op, it happens to be during an op to defend one.   I'm honestly surprised that DJ prioritized DG-/0-w over Esoteria's moons, considering he kept Eso/PS holdings rather than the  SP/drone region holdings that average goons relied on more. 

At a guess, I'd suspect it might be because station systems are very visible.  When the GBC were on the attack, all we saw was posts about how many stations were being taken from us (which, since it stuck at two-all at the peak, quickly got padded with the abandoned TCF Wicked Creek and Eso stations).  The fact is that the strategists in alliances know what the moons are worth, but that the grunts see stations falling - or failing to fall - as key.  Bob took tons of moons up north, but kept grinding themselves down on two station systems, so their members fucked off.  Same thing in Detorid and Scalding Pass.

tl;dr morale just as much as money, are the sinews of Eve warfare.  You can skimp on money but not morale.  Especially if your allies are now amongst the richest alliances in the game.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3758 on: February 01, 2009, 11:20:00 AM

In actual news, the GBC finally (on the tenth or eleventh attempt on that single tower) managed to reinforce a PL tower up in Fountain.  I dunno what the timer was, but I doubt if it can be all that great for them (unless ITS A TARP!) since I doubt if they felt like kiting it for long since they had suffered:

Ships  Engaged (lost)
 Battleship 91 (39)
Battlecruiser 22 (12)
Interceptor 21 (21)
Heavy Assault 21 (11)
Recon Ship 14 (11)
Assault Frigate 4 (4)
Covert Ops 4 (4)
Cruiser 2 (2)
Command Ship 2 (1)
Unknown 2 (0)
Heavy Dictor 1 (0)
Capsule 1 (0)
Interdictors 1 (1)
Noob 1 (1)
Attack Frig 1 (1)
Total 188 (108)

I wonder what the GBC are being promised in return for a constant stream of crushing defeats (ok, they reinforced a tower this time, but really...)?  Presumably the best performers believe that they will get into Bob.  Given this series of performance, that would hardly raise even the awful standards of post-2007 Bob.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3759 on: February 01, 2009, 12:23:13 PM

It was lowsec not Fountain.  If they'd tried attacking a 0.0 POS they'd never have even got a tower close to reinforced.

edit:  They didn't even try to finish off the tower.  Rather hit a nearby lowsec snigg tower instead after forming up most of the day with a fleet well north of 300.  They ran at the first sign of us bridging in leaving a blizzard of drones and the shields around 65%.  I did however get my first taste of POS gunning holding the fort until cavalry arrived.  Quite fun.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:51:25 PM by Sparky »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3760 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:15 PM

Suas has apparently stolen an Erebus from Goonswarm and is joining up with ROL?

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?t=3590

Nice post there, Trevor!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3761 on: February 02, 2009, 01:10:13 PM

Pretty soon ROL is going to have more titans than any other alliance in the game, and roughly 1 actual player per each Titan.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3762 on: February 02, 2009, 01:47:08 PM

Was the account 'hacked' the same way the previous one that was used to offline the towers supposedly was?
Did the GS director that offlined those towers ever give his version of the events anyway? Should be a fun read, same with suas' version.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3763 on: February 03, 2009, 09:46:42 AM

Non-News Suas heist stuff moved here.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3764 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:28 PM

Band of Brothers Alliance is currently showing Closed in-game.  There may be more to this story but for the time being, none of their corporations are in an Alliance.

BoB appears to have disbanded.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3765 on: February 04, 2009, 05:35:55 PM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3766 on: February 04, 2009, 05:37:11 PM

BoB has been Disbanded. Someone is squatting on the BOB Ticker

Every tower BOB have is no longer claiming sov and wil lose sov this downtime. No constellation sov, no CSAs... No Cynojammer...

The Mitanni Sends his regards

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=990381&page=1

{edit} Oh And apperently everything BOB owns, isk, dreads everything just got stolen
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 05:40:51 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3767 on: February 04, 2009, 05:41:23 PM

Just BNC. Not any of the other corps
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3768 on: February 04, 2009, 05:48:48 PM

THE WAR IS OVER!!!

Close the thread. It's done. Nothing can ever top this. GHSC eat you heart out.

Damm. Holy Frak.

FirstName Lastname always gets his man, I guess. Damm.

This must be what VE/VP day felt like. Dancing in the Streets. Kissing random people in the thread. Ahaha ah aha aha ha he he ha. Oh man.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:07:06 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3769 on: February 04, 2009, 05:50:12 PM

Best post in CAOD so far

Quote from: Deggins
There can't be any BoB damage control... only people with alliance tickers can post in CAOD.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3770 on: February 04, 2009, 06:08:22 PM

The Goons just beat EVE.

Was the end boss hard?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3771 on: February 04, 2009, 06:14:34 PM

This is pretty hilarious :)

So my guess is that they'll petition the name back like CoW did when a goon stole it, but lose sov regardless, like when xDeathx didn't pay their bill half a year ago.  4 weeks before jammers are back up in their space.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3772 on: February 04, 2009, 06:17:15 PM

cflux changes topic to 'DO NOT LOG IN CAPITALS NO WE DIDNT DISBAND THE ALLIANCE YOU IDIOTS - WE ARE PETITIONING AS MUCH AS WE CAN GOD DAMN IT'

Hic sunt dracones.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3773 on: February 04, 2009, 06:37:32 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=990415

Also, someone needs to shop a picture of the sailor kissing that chick on ww2 victory day to something relevant to EVE.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
WayAbvPar

Reply #3774 on: February 04, 2009, 06:40:44 PM

I can't stop laughing.   awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #3775 on: February 04, 2009, 06:44:43 PM

Can anyone explain what exactly happened? From the thread on EVE forums i gather money was removed from corp wallet through old/reactivated character with high level access, but on the counter side someone is saying that bills until now would be issued on 6th of the month... so it is quite too early for alliance to get closed due to unpaid bill, yet?

edit: now i see in another thread a guy from BoB (i guess) saying it wasn't money/bill issue and it wasn't spy related. well doesn't that help swamp poop
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:54:56 PM by tmp »
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3776 on: February 04, 2009, 06:48:24 PM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3777 on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:44 PM

Can anyone explain what exactly happened? From the thread on EVE forums i gather money was removed from corp wallet through old/reactivated character with high level access, but on the counter side someone is saying that bills until now would be issued on 6th of the month... so it is quite too early for alliance to get closed due to unpaid bill, yet?

The Mittens story MP3 has leaked, so its pretty safe to say this.

Bob director alt character tries to get into IGNE
IGNE Tries to scam him. Bob director says he is bob director.
Provides BoB Forum login/password as proof to the Mitanni.
BoB Director(BNC and their holding corp) steals everything that they own(which was in NPC stations), kicks everyone out of the alliance, and disbands it.
Goonswarm starts Band of Brothers corporation forever sealing the Band of Brothers alliance name.

The race is on for Delve :)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #3778 on: February 04, 2009, 07:03:12 PM

Bob director alt character tries to get into IGNE
IGNE Tries to scam him. Bob director says he is bob director.
Provides BoB Forum login/password as proof to the Mitanni.
BoB Director(BNC and their holding corp) steals everything that they own(which was in NPC stations), kicks everyone out of the alliance, and disbands it.
Whoa, if that's the true version... couldn't pick a better guy for the alliance director awesome, for real  Pretty weird too, i thought they had some kind of security system in EVE to protect against this sort of thing (like multiple people having to confirm such severe actions or something) In any case, hard to top this level of drama.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3779 on: February 04, 2009, 07:22:36 PM

Its the true version. Former BoB members are now hostile to most of their and their allies POS and all of their jump bridges, cyno jammers, and capital construction arrays(building super-caps) are down. The BoB name and ticker are owned by goonswarm(and will be a part of Goonswarm in 24 hours). The entirety of BNC's assets were stolen.

The only bad part of this is that we won't likely ever get the killmails generated by the standings changes.(non BNC corps are still + to other alliances, but all BNC POS are hostile to everyone but goonswarm and all non-corp are hostile to their former POS)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: