Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:17:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923054 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #105 on: February 19, 2007, 08:57:07 AM

Believe me, the aggro timer is not to be trusted.  A vet like Cyvok would know that.

My ships mostly have names from David Bowie songs.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 20, 2007, 07:38:32 PM

LV is going down hard; by the weekend the coalition will have several of their stations, there's serious dissension in the ranks and they've been spotted self-destructing ships for insurance money.  Shouldn't be long before GS/RA/TCF/IAC/Snigg/others are going at the main target and things start to get really interesting.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 08:59:01 PM by Sparky »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: February 20, 2007, 10:37:50 PM

LV is going down hard; by the weekend the coalition will have several of their stations, there's serious dissension in the ranks and they've been spotted self-destructing ships for insurance money.  Shouldn't be long before GS/RA/TCF/IAC/Snigg/others are going at the main target and things start to get really interesting.

Apparently, at least one dreadnaught   shocked

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=479610&page=1#27

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #108 on: February 21, 2007, 12:13:14 AM

What's the insurance on a dread like?

Poor bastards. I'd feel sorry for them if...

Wait, no I wouldn't. I took my pirate alt down to their space, solo, in a friggin' Tristan on Sunday and it took an hour of directors in interceptors running away from me before I managed to get podded. By a random dude in a Vexor. Who was mining when I warped in.

Toot toot!  smiley
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 21, 2007, 01:14:48 AM

He lost it because he was retarded not because he wanted insurance.  From what I've heard being in CA the dude had been undocking shooting people then when they started to put a dent in his tank he would just dock up again.  He had been doing this all day supposedly after LV lost the station he tried to do it again realized he was screwed and instead of letting them get the kill mail self destructed. Supposedly there's other LV capitals stuck in the station as well. Amusingly the station is now named I Didn't Want that Dread Anyways in honor of him or at least it was when last I saw it.

As to how well LV is doing it seems to be going very poorly I've been in 20ish roving gangs and they're refusing to undock even with greater numbers in the system and carriers around etc.  The quality of ships we're seeing them fly has deteriorated significantly as well mostly t1 stuff with mediocre named items like malkulth launchers etc. Several contracts up as well in LV stations trying to clear out a bunch of t2 items from what I saw.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: February 21, 2007, 02:09:06 AM

I thought self-destructing annulled any insurance?

Anyway, LV are dead men walking (as was bleedin' obvious since the start, their EVE-O board warriors notwithstanding). BoB have no right to be upset that their buffer is evaporating, though - they pretty much abandoned LV to RedSwarm as soon as D2 + the rest of the North made their move.

Speaking of the EVE-O forums, has anyone else noticed that the worse the things are going for BoB, the more forum trolls & gimmick posters appear in CAOD doing their best to get threads locked?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: February 21, 2007, 10:26:36 AM

he tried to do it again realized he was screwed and instead of letting them get the kill mail self destructed.

Absolutely retarded, I knew LV were big K:L ratio whores but that takes the biscuit.  I'd have been tanking the best I could and desperately trying to find someone in the alliance to pop a cyno.

I thought self-destructing annulled any insurance?

Never has AFAIK.  Always got default payouts when I was pod jumping.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:28:59 AM by Sparky »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 21, 2007, 12:26:42 PM

Well, I learnt something today. :)

Oh, and LV just lost sovereignty in two of their systems - namely their home system and the one where they used to have their capital shipyards. They're complaining about hax, cheating GMs and node crashes as per usual.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: February 21, 2007, 01:00:10 PM

Oh, and LV just lost sovereignty in two of their systems - namely their home system and the one where they used to have their capital shipyards. They're complaining about hax, cheating GMs and node crashes as per usual.

The Dev-Swarm shit is especially funny to me as we seemed to never get a fucking break from CCP.  For example when we barely had any high skillpoint players and our only defence against T2 snipers chipping away fleets was to drop cans on their warp ins, we had a GM (then a senior GM when we escalated it) tell us that wasn't allowed an the maximum we could deploy was like 4.  That was after dropping something like 10-15 cans on an XZH gate, but LV can get away with 23 bubbles, 400 ships and god only knows how many drones. 
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #114 on: February 21, 2007, 01:44:54 PM

Deleted. There's only so many ways to cal people stupid cunts before it just sounds bitter.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 01:47:16 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: February 21, 2007, 03:39:16 PM

Had to repost this for your viewing plesure:

Originally Posted by LV Alliance mails
2007.02.21 03:16
THE TOWERES ALL GOT BUGGED 3 DAYS AGO... WE PEITIONED... TODAY CCP RESET EVERY TOWER... BUT WHILE THEY WERE BUGGED... THE SYSTEM HAD NO SOV... THE ENEMY SAW IT AND SHOT THE STATION.

2007.02.21 19:00
Hi,

No GM reset the LV POS in the system, this simply did not happen. We will not be moving any items out of the system.

Best Regards,
GM Faolchu
EVE Online Customer Support

2007.02.21 19:14

Hi,

The node was reset which would have fixed the problem your alliance was experiencing with the POS. But your alliance decided to offline and online the POS, this reset the sovereignty timer.

This has been discussed amongst both the gms and senior gms. You will recieve the same response from a senior.

If you wish to have the petition escalated, you need to read the following link: http://kb.eve-online.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=29' that contains our escalation policy.

If you still want the petition to be escalate I will escalate it.

Best Regards,
GM Faolchu
EVE Online Customer Support

LV leadership reset those POSes on their own because they're stupid then cry all day about goonhaxx news at 10.  Fun that they wanted their stuff magically teleported away rather than the stations back too.  smiley
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: February 21, 2007, 04:19:19 PM

Ha, awesome.  Fuck LV, they always were way too self righteous.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: February 22, 2007, 06:23:49 AM

There' a couple of LV footsoldiers on another messageboard I post to, and they're flaming me for being mean about LV.

"Being mean" roughly translates as calling them out on their 'ZOMG GMs cheat lolz devswarm' line, and pointing out that their directors are lying to them by telling the rank-and-file to hold the line, it's not over yet, we have not yet begun to fight and so on while the directors are busily stuffing the cargo holds of anything that can fly with BPOs etc while dumping anything too bulky to carry onto the market at firesale prices.

It's going to be an awesome dramabomb once the general membership of LV figures out what's really going on.

Edit: Yeah, if anyone's in good stead with Redswarm and has liquid assets, I'd suggest that you go down to (ex-)LV space and start buying.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:10:59 AM by Simond »

Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:50 PM

Someone in GS got a Megathron with T2 fittings for 150 million down there. I wish I was subbed and liquid right now, hehe.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #119 on: February 23, 2007, 09:37:55 AM

ZOMG FIRESALE, too bad I'm not blue.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: February 23, 2007, 10:50:13 AM

Gotta tell Molle, I see an oppurtunity here:D
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: February 23, 2007, 01:42:17 PM

Here is some news, D2 has a new Titan http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=481107 .  :-D

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: February 23, 2007, 01:53:42 PM

Here is some news, D2 has a new Titan http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=481107 .  :-D
You know, reading about what it took to take down a Titan -- what's it take to take down another capital ship?

If I had a dread, and was awake and at the keyboard, how much effort is it to take me down?

What about a mothership?

Carrier?

Am I forgetting any? I still fly cruisers for a living (not even T2, curses!) but I'm a bit curious as to what it'd take if I was scooting around in one of the bigger ships to kick my ass.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #123 on: February 23, 2007, 02:05:12 PM

What happens when someone wants to log off, can you dock those things, or do they wink out of existence, or are they just floating there waiting to be destroyed while you sleep?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: February 23, 2007, 02:12:42 PM

What happens when someone wants to log off, can you dock those things, or do they wink out of existence, or are they just floating there waiting to be destroyed while you sleep?
They wink out 60 seconds after you log off -- or 60 seconds after your aggression timer ends, whichever happens last.

Aggression timers can be reset by doing damage to them (or them doing damage to someone else) during a timer. However, if you have no timer and are logged off, your aggression timer can't be spotted.

So if you fly a Titan, and you want to log off, you spend 20 minutes or so inside a POS shield to make sure your timers are off, then warp to a safespot and log off.

However, just to be careful you:

1) Start your tank before you log off.
2) Let your corp know to check you on the buddy list to make sure you actually log.
3) Check your damage logs to make sure some spy didn't hit you with a tiny smartbomb as you warped.

Generally, if one if flying a big ship, one should be a bit paranoid and do it all.

Quick question: Can you warp from inside a POS's shields? Because D2's dead Titan was pinged outside the POS shields (you can't get hit inside them).
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: February 23, 2007, 02:20:57 PM

They wink out of existence when you logoff normally. If your under the aggression timer from combat, you'll still be in space for 15-20 minutes or so after you log. This is how D2's first titan was killed, the pilot went to log for the day and got pegged by a covert ship with an incredibly tiny amount of damage and never noticed the ship or the damage. Log off, ship stays in space, BoB's capital fleet downs the titan.

As to capital difficulty, I don't have any concrete numbers other then you would need many capitals of your own and/or a large BShip/Support fleet. Carriers are probably the easiest to kill, Dreads are more difficult to down in terms of firepower needed to be brought to bear, but if they get caught in siege mode they are pretty much sitting ducks is my understanding.

MotherShips and Titans would be immensely difficult to kill in actual combat. You would need purpose built fleets full of every ship type to bring them down in a straight up fight. Both MotherShips and Titans are EW immune, so the only way to keep them from warping off is bubbles and bumping... and bumping is questionable (Nano dread ftw?). You would also need enough energy vamps/neuts to suck away the ships cap to prevent jumping away and/or tanking.

I think there has only been 1 mothership to actually die in combat to date, and no titans. Other Titan kills were results of aggression timer "exploiting" for lack of a better term.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 23, 2007, 03:33:36 PM

Here is a mothership going down.  The huge things that appear after the swirling white stuff is a fleet of dreadnoughts being cynoed in.

http://eve-files.com/dl/88720

The ship going down was almost certainly due to a bug: the pilot shot down the first inty to go for him, then says he has screenshots showing him as warped to a POS, but somehow still taking damage.  This is, with the current state of the game, very believable.  It would also explain why, after seeing that he was spotted, and taking out the threat, he would apparently sit there and allow himself to be destroyed without replying or manuevring.  Hopefully he'll get the ship back.  Not that LV will care by then, as they'll be bounced back to Empire or BoB space long before that happens.

In more good news for the coalition, D2 have another Titan.  I'm intrigued as to whther this is a fresh build or a reimbursment for the one BoB blew up with the aggression timer sploit.  Discussion is here.  To see it doomsdaying, here is ze link.  Assuming you have time for a 90+MB wmv, of course.  I rather think that they should be using the titan to shift fleets around and provide mobile cloning support, while keeping it well out of harm's wau, but I suppose they needed to show they are back, since D2 are having the toughest fight holding BoD's attention by playing Russia to BoD's Germany while the rest of the Coalition hammers LV (or "Italy", in this analogy).

Edi: corrected file descriptions
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:04:15 PM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 23, 2007, 04:22:31 PM

They built it, which isn't really surprising. D2 and friends have nearly as much space as BoB, and their space isn't a warzone, and hasn't been for a long time now. Wouldn't be surprised if they crank Titans out every month or so. Now, do they have people to actually fly them? That I don't know.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 23, 2007, 04:36:46 PM

Desperation takes hold.  roflcopter

Edit: Further details - Seems like LV were discussing terms of their surrender to the Goons, and this was their final answer.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 04:51:37 PM by Simond »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: February 23, 2007, 04:46:25 PM

I couldn't believe the last-throw mentality it represents.  Basicallly, it lists just about everything that they've fucked up in the war so far and blames each and every event on devs.

That said, as someone on the SA The Mittani is a Spanner thread pointed out (the infamous happydayz?), it is a function of how badly CCP handled the BoD scandal that every single gameplay difficulty is, for quite some time, going to result in the losing corp's leaders rallying the troops by claiming the GMs are batting for the other side.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: February 23, 2007, 05:09:41 PM

Bizarre, LV folded in like 3 weeks.

Keep the updates coming.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #131 on: February 23, 2007, 05:14:49 PM

Eve makes the best drama.  I barely know what all the abbreviations mean, but even I love reading this shit.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 23, 2007, 05:17:00 PM

Bizarre, LV folded in like 3 weeks.

Keep the updates coming.

Well, this just got posted across from the GF forums to the public SA ones, so I suppose it's declassified now :)

The Mittani is head of Goonfleet's intelligence agency.  I think that he's speaking to corp leaders in LV, though not LV leaders themselves (Lallante/Chowdown etc).

-------

[18:46:12] Vile rat > ale this is the mittani
[18:46:18] Mrs Trustworthy > hay mittani >_>
[18:46:18] The Mittani > Greetings. I am the Mittani, and you're the poor guy who has to clean up Chowdown and Lallante's mess, am I correct?
[18:46:20] Vile rat > he can make firm decisions for Gs
[18:46:57] Ale Tricio > greetings
[18:47:05] The Mittani > How may I be of service today?
[18:47:35] Ale Tricio > well lv's pretty much dead atm
[18:47:40] Ale Tricio > chow's away lalante writing exams
[18:47:56] Ale Tricio > so i'm trying to save 80% of my guys leaving the game
[18:48:08] The Mittani > And BoB has extended an offer to LV to regroup in AZN and counterattack at C3
[18:48:16] Ale Tricio > is there any chance of letting our guys retrieve their assets
[18:48:25] Ale Tricio > sure they have
[18:48:27] The Mittani > judging by the corp and alliance mails of yours I've been reading, and the teamspeak meetings
[18:48:59] Ale Tricio > tbh many are not as keen on becoming meat shields
[18:49:20] The Mittani > You see, for us, this isn't personal with LV. Some of our younger guys don't like LV, but the reason I broke the pos nap was because of Chowdown sucking off DBP in that chatlog
[18:49:37] The Mittani > at that moment it became apparent that he was taking LV towards being BOB pets, so we invaded
[18:49:44] The Mittani > So when we discuss getting your assets out
[18:50:10] The Mittani > keep in mind that my only interest in this is making sure what remains of LV stays the fuck out of this war and no longer helps BoB in any way
[18:50:15] The Mittani > Because it is personal with them.
[18:51:40] Ale Tricio > ok though could be difficlut to arrange
[18:51:40] Vile rat > not better.
[18:52:18] Ale Tricio > essentially we have nowhere lef tto live and nobody left willing to fight
[18:52:48] The Mittani > If you guys fuck off to empire, we won't follow you. Or move to the new regions or break up as an alliance, we won't chase you
[18:53:07] The Mittani > but if you become BoB pets we're going to obliterate BoB and then hound everyone who helped them into quitting the game
[18:53:29] The Mittani > Because I'm vindictive as hell and so is Remedial and I have 3000 people who are bloodthirsty and hate all of you.
[18:53:34] The Mittani > SO
[18:53:59] The Mittani > I want this go work out like this: somehow we reach an arrangement where you can demonstrate to me that LV will affirmatively not help out BoB in this war
[18:54:03] The Mittani > that you are OUT of the war
[18:54:04] The Mittani > period
[18:54:06] The Mittani > full stop
[18:54:23] The Mittani > Withdraw what you can to empire, make an announcement on eve-o that you are no longer aiding BoB in any way
[18:54:45] The Mittani > This sound reasonable so far?
[18:55:22] Ale Tricio > well it kind of robs us of a nice clean fight later
[18:55:32] Ale Tricio > but i can put it to the ceo's and see what they offer
[18:55:50] Vile rat > You speak as an LV rep or a m. corp rep
[18:55:52] The Mittani > There is no clean fight happening here. We are out to murder BoB and every one of the cheating scumsuckers on their side
[18:56:01] The Mittani > Purely in game, of course.
[18:56:22] The Mittani > But this is a combined "purge the unclean" effort between us, D2, and the rest of EVE. Being on BoB's side here is NOT where you want to be
[18:56:46] The Mittani > Unless you want me to bring out the whole "Lallante hired a hacker to get at our forums" dirt and really drag LV's remaining reputation through the mud
[18:57:01] The Mittani > Ideally you would want to withdraw with dignity, and not be slaves or vassals.
[18:57:33] The Mittani > Since we're the victors and we write the history, we can really write you into an awful, awful place if this goes poorly for you.
[18:57:33] Ale Tricio > ok well thats all i can offer the ceo's
[18:57:56] The Mittani > Well, here's the sweetener.
[18:57:58] Ale Tricio > it would take a day or get them all sorted atm
[18:58:19] The Mittani > If you DO withdraw from BoB, and announce it... doesn't have to be all of LV, could just be a corp by corp thing
[18:58:35] The Mittani > we can easily arrange for you to recover your assets once your intentions have been proven to be legitimate.
[19:00:05] Ale Tricio > thats going to be a tough decision to convince them of
[19:00:09] Ale Tricio > as with you
[19:00:15] Ale Tricio > there are many bitter people in lv
[19:00:23] Ale Tricio > all i can do is offer it to them atm
[19:00:42] The Mittani > Sure thing. And remember if you want it just for your corp, just leave LV and annoucne your withdrawal and we'll cut a deal
[19:00:59] The Mittani > It'd suck to see LV, a former power bloc, reduced to 'slave' status
[19:01:10] The Mittani > better to just die against RA than live in chains
[19:02:10] Ale Tricio > ok well I'll put the offer on the table
[19:02:20] Ale Tricio > and see what the ceo's have to say

-------

Harsh terms.  Almost, but not quite, unconditional surrender.  There are more chatlogs there that he's posted, where you can see the suave bastard saying "hey, and they expected you to do their dirty work on Valentine;s night then blamed you when it all went wrong" etc...  He's a one man (or is he?) good cop/bad cop act.

Edit: "The Mittani > judging by the corp and alliance mails of yours I've been reading, and the teamspeak meetings"  Way to rub in your total penetration of the enemy's collapsing C3 structure. :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:19:30 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: February 23, 2007, 06:21:40 PM

For those playing the Home Game, F13 is no longer wardecced. The "mercs" must've gotten bored or something as they didn't pay the war fee.

Victoly!  :-D
I assume the POS is intact?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: February 23, 2007, 09:44:25 PM

Wait... what? http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=481258

LV suing Goonswarm? This has to be too stupid to be true... right?

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #135 on: February 23, 2007, 10:11:47 PM

For those playing the Home Game, F13 is no longer wardecced. The "mercs" must've gotten bored or something as they didn't pay the war fee.

Victoly!  :-D
I assume the POS is intact?

If by "intact" you mean "blown to 1000 pieces and LV won't pay us back", then yes. LV is a cleared target for F13, last I checked.

But what do I know, I'm Goonfleet now. :D
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: February 23, 2007, 10:13:39 PM

F13's POS was asploded by LV for absolutely no reason at all - thus the low opinions of LV that we have here.  I think it was entirely unrelated to the mercenary corp that wardecced them.

And lawsuits for infiltrating a corp/teamspeak?   Are LV's members completely insane?  How can a major power crumble so damn fast and with such whining?

On a semi-related note, I actually respect Bob (gasp) for their near-complete LACK of forum presence during this war.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: February 23, 2007, 10:32:13 PM

How can a major power crumble so damn fast and with such whining?

That's the thing of it, most major alliances just aren't. They think they are, they look like they are, they act like they are, but when push comes to shove, they are pretenders. The only alliances that seem to actually be major powers are BoB, RA and maybe D2,  have to see more from them in actual war now. Most people in 0.0 have their space simply because no one has taken it away from them. Size, reputation and posturing are what most 0.0 entities get by with.

Most are woefully inept and it is made apparent as soon as they come under fire from one of the actual powers in space.

-edit-

As to BoB not forum whoring, my guess is that is a purely strategic move at this point. With all the bad press BoB has gotten recently, combined with the already significant amount of BoB hate from before, there really isn't anything BoB could possibly say that wouldn't just add fuel to the fire at this point.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:34:55 PM by Fordel »

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #138 on: February 25, 2007, 05:35:26 PM

I demand more Eve drama.  That stuff with that Mittani giving a "lamentations of your women" speech was good shit.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:54 PM

RA got scammed out of a mothership and had a pod with a full set of slave implants destroyed by a SMASH scammer. RA has now attacked SMASH, or up until this point, were allies.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: