Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007  (Read 92526 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 03:19:43 PM

You can add me, I'll list my name later.  Fucking 8:23:35 to go on the patcher so uh.. see you tomorrow I suppose.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 06, 2007, 04:07:54 PM

Oh?  I thought you were restricted to one faction per server.  How long is the timer?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #37 on: February 06, 2007, 04:30:33 PM

So, Evangolis, Emerald, Vanu, Reserves.  Spent about three hours being clueless and cursing the red/green UI colors.  Killed the time fast.  Lotta bind rushing and spawn camping.  Mostly got rolled by Terrans, but slowly.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #38 on: February 06, 2007, 04:31:32 PM

Oh?  I thought you were restricted to one faction per server.  How long is the timer?

IIRC it was something like 20 mins if you were just in a live combat zone.  If you only just logged-in and - for example - swapped certs,  or were checking out hot-zones to decide which faction you want to play you can insta-flip.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #39 on: February 06, 2007, 04:32:16 PM

So, Evangolis, Emerald, Vanu, Reserves.  Spent about three hours being clueless and cursing the red/green UI colors.  Killed the time fast.  Lotta bind rushing and spawn camping.  Mostly got rolled by Terrans, but slowly.

Getting rolled by the Terrans is a daily occurence. Ze goggles apparently do something.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 04:43:58 PM

I was playing TR on my last PS jaunt. I love da thumper. I use the grenade launcher in pretty much any game that has one, though...

As I suspected, Komoto is my Vanu on Emerald. BR10 Inf, ATV, AMS, hacking (not adv.), combat eng.

I also have a BR5 vehicle guy with Armored Assault 1+2 and Combat Engineering as well as a BR6 flier I forgot with Air Cav Assault + Scout and engineering (not combat). I think the AirCav guy was my previous UniMAX duder.

All have full respecs available if I feel like changing anything.

I've gotta chuckle at some of my stupid alt names. My TR alt: DreadLordRoxXorZizNatCh (My TR main is Komoto-K if we ever decide to play the fun faction :P)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 04:58:24 PM by Sky »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 05:04:05 PM

Beats my Barney toon's name. "Monkeebone".

That should pretty much sum up how I feel about playing the silly purple fuckers though.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 05:27:34 PM

Nebu on Emerald Vanu.  BR 2 atm and working on it. 

I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet, but it seems pretty intuitive so time may help.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 06, 2007, 05:32:28 PM

I don't know what the hell I'm doing yet, but it seems pretty intuitive so time may help.

I think you just shoot the bad guys.

- Viin
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 05:36:08 PM

Well, if you're VS you can't shoot yourself, (sadly) so shoot the blue and red guys.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #45 on: February 06, 2007, 05:36:56 PM

Yes, though the game is actually quite complicated (for a FPS) -- so complicated and poorly documented, in fact, that most players don't bother to learn all the "rules" which I'm sure pisses off many a CR5.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #46 on: February 06, 2007, 05:50:49 PM

Yes, though the game is actually quite complicated (for a FPS) -- so complicated and poorly documented, in fact, that most players don't bother to learn all the "rules" which I'm sure pisses off many a CR5.

Eh, at least three quarters of the CR5s are clueless assclowns anyway, so it's mostly ok.

Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #47 on: February 06, 2007, 05:53:36 PM

Sigh, wrong server, then wrong race on wrong server :P

Ok, I'll create a vanu.

I have a BR 8 that's configured for Uni-Max (Vladimeerr), and just created BCNewb for other roles if we need them.

/bump for the roster.

Rumors of War
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #48 on: February 06, 2007, 05:53:58 PM

Eh, at least three quarters of the CR5s are clueless assclowns anyway, so it's mostly ok.
Yup that's true but I always feel for the CR5s that hopelessly try to get their side to defend or attack the "proper" base.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #49 on: February 06, 2007, 06:01:35 PM

Well, it's like herding cats. A good CR5 can get a few mixed spec ops squads to do the heavy lifting while the rest of the zerg do their thing. (And that's pretty much what it boils down to, who can out pop whom) That said, you'd be amazed what a single squad of good players on a vent server can achieve against three or four times their number of unorganized zerglings.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #50 on: February 06, 2007, 06:31:34 PM

Tazelbain.

"Me am play gods"
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #51 on: February 06, 2007, 06:33:59 PM

Well, it's like herding cats. A good CR5 can get a few mixed spec ops squads to do the heavy lifting while the rest of the zerg do their thing. (And that's pretty much what it boils down to, who can out pop whom) That said, you'd be amazed what a single squad of good players on a vent server can achieve against three or four times their number of unorganized zerglings.

My Markov NC outfit used to be a main tank assault force, and on a good night we'd sport 8-10 vanguards. You have NO idea how effective a tank column of that size, all targetting the same targets while they zoom past (first tank hits once, second tank hits once, third tank hits once, etc etc).

Not to mention tactically organized gen takedown/cc capture and hold squads all working together. It's damned amazing, and really exilerating!

Rumors of War
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #52 on: February 06, 2007, 06:38:30 PM

Hoaxe on the East or West Coast server Vanu.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #53 on: February 06, 2007, 06:58:03 PM

Just made Vanu, "Calandryll" - leveing up in the training area now.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #54 on: February 06, 2007, 07:11:56 PM

I'm just going to idle in the f13 teamspeak vent server, I guess.. how do we get a guild/clan/friends list together?
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 06, 2007, 07:46:42 PM

Vanu are my favorite faction, hands-down.  The hover vehicles are great, their MAXes are good, and their assault rifle is the best of all of the factions, IMO.  Their anti-vehicular weapon is the weakest of the factions and their heavy weapon is disappointing, but you can dip into common pool and alien tech weapons for replacements.

The problem with Planetside is that it's primarily full of retards running around like... well, retards.  Getting ten competent players to actually work together could have a big impact on a battle, but there aren't any such players to be found.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 09:16:36 PM

I'll be on when I finish patching (14 hours, eesh).
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 09:41:43 PM

If I missed you on the roster just post.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #58 on: February 07, 2007, 12:03:05 AM

sigh

Strazos, Emerald.

Just for some of the new people....you can go into the virtual training areas, use any weapon or vehicle, and get XP to use towards certifications (re: Skills).

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 12:19:40 AM

Using the training missions answered most of my dumb questions, so I recommend that route for truly clueless newbs such as myself.  I haven't figured out the communications yet, hopefully I'll just listen along on vent.

Made BR5, now have basic hacking and stealth, plus a medium assualt layout that is just enough to make armor notice me.  Spent the last couple hours scratching the paint on a Vangaurd/BRF team.  Launch two rockets, respawn.  Kind of fun, nonetheless.  I'll play with stealth next time, see what that is like.

Part of me is tempted to pay, just so I could use the cool toys, and part of me remembers that I have this thing called rent.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 07, 2007, 02:22:04 AM

I play on Werner, but I'll make a vanu on Emerald. Will update with name once I have one.

*EDIT*

Ok, name is Tars

I figure that edit's probably not going to be noticed now, so reposting
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #61 on: February 07, 2007, 05:14:27 AM

Magrider columns are sick. I used to lead the armor division of our outfit. 20 guys in 10 magriders with 2-3 skyguards for those pesky reavers = snipe ownage.

A fun thing to do, but less effective, is field a ton of lightnings. The lightning requires some practice and a lot of repairing, but when you get good with it you can really chew up infantry, especially infantry zerging out of an AMS.  I liked using camera angle to log shots over hills into fortified areas (tops of the wals and courtyards).

The Aurora is an infantry death machine. If anyone takes transport its a lot of fun. Has no air defense though.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #62 on: February 07, 2007, 06:57:07 AM

Using the training missions answered most of my dumb questions, so I recommend that route for truly clueless newbs such as myself.  I haven't figured out the communications yet, hopefully I'll just listen along on vent.

Made BR5, now have basic hacking and stealth, plus a medium assualt layout that is just enough to make armor notice me.  Spent the last couple hours scratching the paint on a Vangaurd/BRF team.  Launch two rockets, respawn.  Kind of fun, nonetheless.  I'll play with stealth next time, see what that is like.

Part of me is tempted to pay, just so I could use the cool toys, and part of me remembers that I have this thing called rent.

They key to stealth is moving slowly (this means crouch) most of the time, combined with knowing when to sprint past distracted enemies. Keep in mind that motion sensors will make you appear on mini-map (as well as skeeter radar), and if they see you on minimap but not in front of them, they wil probably either randomly spray gunfire, or turn on their darklight which will make you glow brightly in the middle of their screen.

At BR6 (cap for reserve program), you'll only have one implant, which doesn't let you get the full suite of "anti-detection" capability that's available, so it can be hard. That being said, good stealthers are the very devil.

Rumors of War
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: February 07, 2007, 07:16:19 AM

I've forgotten a lot of my tricks, but I messed around with my stealth engineer for a while last night. Lots of engineers were around, so I didn't get a lot of kills, I'm usually pretty good with my placements. A bit rusty on using the ACE, had a guy who I shot down from an air tower (he was in a skeeter) come gunning for me, made it into the tower and I almost got him with my mines, but I blew (bad pun) finishing him with the boomer before he got me (popped me out of the AAA gun by hacking the tower).

Joined the zerg for a bit as my stealth combat loadout, but I'm reeeal rusty at that. I've got the pistol which is actually pretty effective when stealthed in a zerg crowd, but switching to the ACE for booming is laborious. I wish there was a quicker way to switch out inventory. My knife attacks generally got me teamkilled by someone targetting the guy I was assassinating...
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 07, 2007, 07:49:20 AM

Rollcall: Viin

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: February 07, 2007, 08:43:41 AM

Roll Call: I'm not BCNewb :)

Komoto! My alts are Smokamotive and GelMibson.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 07, 2007, 09:11:37 AM

Game acquired - haven't had time to fire it up yet.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: February 07, 2007, 09:29:11 AM

You can add me, I'll list my name later.  Fucking 8:23:35 to go on the patcher so uh.. see you tomorrow I suppose.
Same for me, 10:49 Minutes to download Huh

Seriously, what   the   fuck ?

I downloaded WoW and the BC client faster than that.

And it took me 15 Minutes to create a station account because of they won't accept any of the variations of password and account name I came up with.

Random Accountname/Password for the win, now I have to write that shit down. Because that is much more secure ...  roflcopter

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 09:48:02 AM

Maybe the timer is messed? Mine patched in 1 hour, 30 minutes and it seemed to count it correctly.

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 07, 2007, 09:49:12 AM

What kind of connection are you using? After I found a CRC error on my 2nd original install disc, I just downloaded the patcher. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes, I just watched Surface and read a little and it was done. I can pull about 6Mbps on my cable modem, though (on a good day with the wind at my back).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007  
Jump to: