Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:01:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 to boost solo play - Test Update #27a 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2 to boost solo play - Test Update #27a  (Read 34490 times)
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

on: August 21, 2006, 07:28:34 AM

*** Tradeskill Writs ***

- Artisans rejoice! New Tradeskill work orders have been added to the game.
- You can begin obtaining writs when you've reached the subclass level (20).
- Please see a local Work Order Foreman to get yours. Work orders, not cash money. Well, technically you do get rewarded for doing them, but yo...
- Rewards include faction, status, and coin. Exiles will not earn faction, however.
- NOTE to Testers: The timers, faction, status, and coin are not yet final.

*** Experience Changes ***

- While we feel that solo quests can be quite rewarding, we were not satisfied with the experience from solo combat alone, especially for those characters who prefer to target slightly lower creatures. Therefore, we have increased the experience earned in the following situations:
* Non-Heroic creature experience has been increased slightly.
* Experience for blue con creatures has been increased slightly.
* Experience for green con creatures has been increased significantly.
- In addition, we also wanted to increase the reward for defeating the nastier foes you meet during raids. Therefore, epic creature experience has been increased significantly.

*** The Hand of the Gods ***

- The influence of the gods continues to grow stronger on Norrath as the prophets of War and Tranquility call upon the faithful for assistance.
- Prove your mettle to the followers of War by speaking with Tychus Zeksworn in Zek, the Orcish Wastes.
- Show your penchant for peace by contacting Sensei Makoto Shoda in Zek, the Orcish Wastes.

*** Gameplay ***

- Mounts can now be toggled off by using the whistle or summoning object again while the mount is active.
- You can no longer set your public access level to friend or higher. Visitor is the new highest default setting. Note that this only applies to the default setting for your house--you can still set specific friends to be trustees to your heart's content.
- In order to prevent lost items and coin, you cannot zone while a consignment transaction is in progress.
- You will no longer get an error message if you change targets while harvesting.
- It should now take a bit longer to drown after you run out of breath.

*** Player-versus-Player ***

- When in passive mode, pets will no longer attack aggressors unless they are directly attacked themselves.

*** Quests ***

- In "Tombs of Night: A Search for Answers", the scout that spawns when Lureclaw and Gulp are killed will now run to the shore prior to dying so the rock sample doesn’t find its way into geometry.
- Residents of Beggar's Court who had completed the "Big Trouble..." quest and stopped talking to Durio Dexus should now be offered his next quest after speaking to him.

*** Items ***

- The distance that Tarton's Wheel will teleport its user has been shortened. This should make the teleport effect a bit more reliable for its wielders.
- The Sergeant's Scimitar should now work properly for those who can wield it.

*** Zones and Population ***

- Harla Dar's lockout timer should again work properly.
- The Seraph of the Stags will no longer attack the other creatures around it.
- Some monster damage types should more closely match their attacks (e.g. badgers pierce because they bite you).

*** Combat ***

- Maximum power pool increases bonuses have been adjusted to be more consistent throughout level progression. This will increase the amount of maximum power bonuses below level 60, and lower it above 60.
- Weaker tier spells will no longer be able to overwrite stronger tier spells.
- The double attack skill will no longer work with ranged weapons.
- The following spells can now be cast while feared:
* Bruiser: Indomitable Will
* Bruiser: Close Mind
* Defiler: Voice of the Ancestors
* Inquisitor: Fervent Focus
* Monk: Will of the Void
* Potion: Freedom of Action

Achievements:
- Rogue: Torporous Strike: Critical reduction changed to casting and recovery speed reduction.
- Predator: Placating Strike: Increased melee damage and hate reduction effectiveness.
- Predator: Toxic Expertise: Modified examine information to indicate it affects spell triggers and not combat arts.

Coercer changes:
- Empathic Link: Removed restriction from hate decrease so that it can affect fighters as well.

Paladin changes:
- Offensive stances now grant additional disruption skill.
- Wards will now stack with shadowknight reactive heals/damage shields.

Shadowknight changes:
- Infernal Blessing will now stack with paladin wards.
- Death March's triggered duration is now 10 seconds, automatically triggers when it is cast, had its DPS bonus reduced, and now reduces casting times.
- Offensive stances now grant additional disruption skill.

Warlock changes:
- Boon of the Dark: Can be cast on a raid member. If they are a fighter, this transfers a small amount of the warlock's hate toward the fighter.
- Stop Breath's debuff amount has been increased, and its power cost reduced.
- The Null Caress spell will no longer cause the target's UI to display the zone loading screen.

Wizard changes:
- Accord can be cast on a raid member. If they are a fighter, this transfers a small amount of the wizard's hate toward the fighter.

Ryan "Blackguard" Shwayder
Community Relations Manager
Custodian of the Nerfbat
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 08:34:35 AM

Any idea when this may go live?  I may actually consider playing again. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:53 AM

I keep going back and forth on EQ2 and CoX for new stuff.  I never stay very long but that doesn't bother me.  I enjoy being entertained by MMOs even if it's only for a month or so.  Weeks, even.  Days if I don't have to dl much....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 09:20:38 AM

Any idea when this may go live?  I may actually consider playing again. 

There's supposed to be a Test Update 27b coming out to test sometime soon. Assuming there's no 27c I would expect about 1 week after 27b. Roughly probably 2 weeks from now.

I'm sure I'll still be playing then so I can give a quick review once this patch hits.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:41:56 AM

Thanks UD.  I appreciate it.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 02:19:06 PM

I'll be watching too.  Played the Trial of the Isle thingy back when and EQ2 seemed "ok" and more importantly ran good on my crappy PC.  Just the other week I saw the EQ2 box marked down to $10 at Fry's.  Figure what the hell...

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:50:07 PM

I'd resub for that. 

And now in the spirit of the Candyman,

Cheddar, Cheddar, Cheddar.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 07:32:07 PM

Ya, Ac didn't work out. And the ability to solo while LFG would work. I still want a bustier and implants but thats  prolly thats just me. I'll be back if it doses what it's saying.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:20:54 PM

Hmmm, I may be up for some EQ2.  I really enjoyed my rat guys!

But we will need voice chat.  Some of you fuckers have issues typing while playing!  Not going to name names.  Plus I am chatty.  Man, one of my favorite South Park episodes is on!  Its the one where Cartman convinces Butters that an asteroid hit South Park, and he is in the dump building society and stuff.  Drunk 4TW!!!

edit.  Additional!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 08:23:22 PM by Cheddar »

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:27 AM

I'm sort of curious myself as to how far they will take it.

At midlevels (20-50), in a good group, that's well balanced and is intent on grinding you can get a about one level every 2 hours. In about 4 hours you would burn through 100% vitality. Currently soloing with a decent solo class is about 25% as efficient.

I could see about a 100% increase in soloing being good but if they bring it up to the equivalent of grouping that might be a problem. The net result of that will be people complaining about not having enough vitality. Then they'll increase vitality and next thing you know everyone can grind out a level 70 in 2 weeks and will be bored with the game.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 10:37:30 AM

EQ2 has some good raiding zones.

The trouble I found was there are not enough people interested in raiding and only 2-3 raiding guilds per server.

UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 06:32:09 AM

EQ2 has some good raiding zones.

The trouble I found was there are not enough people interested in raiding and only 2-3 raiding guilds per server.

As of the last 2-3 months I've noticed A LOT more pick up raids lately. It seems almost every night that someone is putting together a pick up raid for some zone or other. I have no idea how successful they are as I've never participated but at least they are happening. And if they are happening that often I have to assume at least a reasonable amount of success.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 06:33:02 AM

Then they'll increase vitality and next thing you know everyone can grind out a level 70 in 2 weeks and will be bored with the game.

I think that says something about the game...

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 06:58:12 AM

Yeah, it says it's not WoW.

Then again, I never made it past level 20 in that game because it bored me to tears from go.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 07:09:24 AM

It would say something about it if they did that I guess. You can have an infiinite amount of content but if you continually level too quickly too consume it when it's challenging then the game in my opinion is going to be boring. You hit max level before doing 20% of what's available.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 10:53:14 AM

I'm thinking my $15/mo goes to this game until Tabula Rasa comes out.  If Tabula Rasa fails to keep me, maybe longer.  EQ2 is probably the most fully featured fantasy MMORPG out there right now.  It wasn't at release, but it is now.  World of Warcraft will be more popular, but I'm burnt from WoW.

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 01:06:44 PM

Eventually I will return to this game - I have played it off and on recently.

However, I am still waiting for a major change to this game.  If they add some interesting gear appearnces or change the avatars - I am back.

Until then - I am watching.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 01:19:53 PM

Eventually I will return to this game - I have played it off and on recently.

However, I am still waiting for a major change to this game.  If they add some interesting gear appearnces or change the avatars - I am back.

Until then - I am watching.

So true!  For all of the attempted graphics shiny, they sure fell short on character customization. 

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 01:24:55 PM

I also do the on again, off again subbing with EQ2.  It would be awesome to have more flexibility with character creation and the ability to customise armour and weapons to a greater degree.  I've not found crafting to be very exciting in any MMO since I left SWG.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 12:35:02 PM

Did they ever finish the crafting simplifications? Subcombines were eating my soul. My estimate of a September return to EQ2 may have been a bit hasty, but I am getting the urge to play again. Now I just need the time :)
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 02:53:13 PM

Did they ever finish the crafting simplifications? Subcombines were eating my soul. My estimate of a September return to EQ2 may have been a bit hasty, but I am getting the urge to play again. Now I just need the time :)

Yes. No more subcombines. They also made the broker much nicer since you can access selling space at the broker window and you can buy and sell at the broker in the tradeskill instance. I've found that non-rare crafted gear is much much cheaper and more plentiful now as well. You can stock up on food and drink or potions, etc cheaply.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 06:10:35 PM

Sigh... I really did enjoy tradeskills in this game EXCEPT for the ubelievably tedious subcombining.

Re-installing now to give it another whirl.  We'll see how my old level 30 dwarf warrior is doing.  I bet he's hungry -- it's been a while!
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 08:55:42 AM

But we will need voice chat.  Some of you fuckers have issues typing while playing!  Not going to name names.

You're talking about Hal. Just say it. The rest of us were fine.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:31 AM

I'm not great with typing while playing, either, but I'm also not crazy about voice chat while playing.  I just don't fit in.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 09:10:58 AM

But your accent is so cool  Heart
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 09:57:10 AM

I don't have an accent.  People in Britain think I'm from Canada, except for a group of old Irish ladies who used to sit on the bench in the little park outsdie my flat in Surbiton.  Somehow they got it in their heads that I was from Lithuania.  What the hell is Lithuania?  People in the US think I'm from outer space.  Mostly.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 10:01:18 PM

You hardly sound like you're from Canada. No one has any clue what we sound like. I blame the US.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 07:33:50 AM

When people accuse me of being Canadian, I sulk.  The queen's not the boss of me!  Anyway, I have to go play K.O. The Leprechaun.  The ad above beckons me.  I could win a Razr, even though I don't know what that is.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 08:29:53 AM

Played to level 20, cancelled my sub.

Resubbed, played to 30, and cancelled my sub.

Resubbed, played until level 40, and cancelled my sub.

PvE just never seems to hold my attention long.  Especially in a game where solo players can't complete half the quests until they are green/gray.

-  Mark Twain
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 11:52:36 AM

When people accuse me of being Canadian, I sulk.  The queen's not the boss of me!  Anyway, I have to go play K.O. The Leprechaun.  The ad above beckons me.  I could win a Razr, even though I don't know what that is.

Why don't I see ads?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 12:48:30 PM

I don't know.  Maybe you've gone blind in a good way?

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 01:21:53 PM

OK so what is the reality for anyone who's played this now Live?  Is exp comparable to WoW?  I'm being honest here cause I don't find EQ2 that steamlined.  And I don't sense a lot of folks on Oasis/SF
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 01:54:37 PM

Seems fast as Hell to me on Crushbone. Levelled my Swashbuckler from 15 to 23 in a couple days.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #33 on: September 19, 2006, 06:14:45 AM

I played solo last night.  Definitely need some time to readapt...

Hurts me to no end that I still can't wipe off SH and that bloody Gnoll Captain quest out of my log even at lvl28.

Is there any plans to ever add a First Aid skill?  the downtime seems unnecessary, sit&wait
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 08:53:03 PM

Is there any plans to ever add a First Aid skill?  the downtime seems unnecessary, sit&wait

dewd... get yourself some good food & drink.  out-of-combat downtime is zilch.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 to boost solo play - Test Update #27a  
Jump to: