Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 01:48:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 88895 times)
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: October 02, 2006, 06:07:10 PM

I must say I've been very happy with picking up Grossman since he wasn't drafted in our league :D

I will survive this year again in spite of my auto draft results.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #141 on: October 02, 2006, 07:57:44 PM

I would have drafted him if I weren't a fan.  It would have been an instant ACL tear. *knock on wood*.  He's shown signs in every game he'd played, all 7 of them.  But I'd be lying if I said I expected him to play at *this* level.

Hopefully Akers won't attack the Packers bench tonight.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #142 on: October 02, 2006, 09:19:09 PM

Dear Donovan,

You rock!  Heart Heart Heart

Love,

Rasix

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #143 on: October 03, 2006, 09:00:56 AM

Dear Steve Smith,

That hamstring looks great. Thanks for pulling me out of the cellar.

Love,

Monkey

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #144 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:05 AM

Holy shit do the Packers look bad or what? Their front seven on defense has actually shown signs of improvement, but their secondary is just fucking awful. Charles Woodson is going to be fragile this year, Al Harris is decent but unspectacular, and goddamn Ahmad Carroll should be washing cars somewhere. I don't think I've ever seen a game where he didn't get at least one interference/illegal hands call, usually in a bad spot like close to the goal line or some shit. He just doesn't know how to play without putting his hands on someone. Thank you, Mike Sherman for pissing away a first-round draft pick on this assclown. After three years of starting, one would think he could at least be a decent nickel or dime back, but no such luck.

Jennings looked pretty good, but Favre is going to continue to have an inconsistent year because his O-Line lets him down. He'll spend more time on his back than Paris Hilton.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #145 on: October 03, 2006, 10:35:23 AM

Week 5 will be a challenge against Drunks. He has Grossman and the Chicago D against Buffalo. Then my starting RB with Shaunie out/bye is McGahee. I am not optimistic.

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

Reply #146 on: October 03, 2006, 10:54:18 AM

I should lose next week.  Frank Gore has fumblitis and Ahman Green might not even play.  If Green can't go, I'm kinda of screwed as I'll have to drop a player I'd like to keep in order to fill my last roster spot.   Or I can just eat the zero.

I really wish Vinateri would get better or just be gone for the season so I can free up another roster spot.  I can't wait to get a couple more bye weeks out of the way. A team with shakey health means I'm carrying a lot of dead weight.

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 04, 2006, 11:01:48 AM

Fucking McNabb and his almost 40 fucking points  angry

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #148 on: October 04, 2006, 12:16:42 PM

The Packers finally saw the light and released that assclown Ahmad Carroll. Good fucking riddance. I am now prepared for him to go to some team and become the next Champ Bailey.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #149 on: October 05, 2006, 11:40:27 AM

I am an Eagles fan and have McNabb in one of my leagues. I am benching him this week for Brees. McNabb's streak cannot continue like this and his WRs are banged the fuck up. This is the weak he does single digits. Bench Stallworth and Reggie Brown, too, if you have them. I would play LJ Smith though.

I have never played WoW.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 06, 2006, 10:47:47 AM

My pathetic excuse of a team this year has left me disconsolate.  the annoying bug of my selections for the week not registering in Yahoo sports website  have crushed me altogether.

Leaving 60 points on the table because I misread the error message and didn't take the time to check the results  left me wanting to jettison the whole team and load up on raider second stringers, just to see if I could completely crater my team to the bottom. of every ranking imaginable.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #151 on: October 09, 2006, 09:09:49 AM

Maurice Jones-Drew is my turkey god. Two TD's le woot! Also Bernard Berrian is my chicken god. I should move up 3 spots regardless of tonight's game, which will probably be a borefest. I expect Jake Plummer to toss about 4 INT's.

The Steelers are in trouble. Najeh Davenport was a good pickup, but he's not going to take Bettis' place. As few catches as he caught last year, you wouldn't think Randle El would be such a huge factor, but not having him on the field is really hurting them. Rothliesberger has no one to throw to besides Ward (who's banged up) except Heath Miller and Parker isn't going to grind out the yards like Bettis could. The defense doesn't seem to be as good this year either. San Diego, OTOH, is mean. Their defense is fast, big and hard-hitting, and their offense is a monster with LT and Turner making a good combo. Rivers doesn't seem to be much of a dropoff from Brees at all.

That Dallas/Philly game was awful. It was a tale of two blitzes. That game was going to be determined by which QB could evade the blitz best, and Bledsoe will lose that every time. He looks like Kurt Warner back there. You might as well nail his feet to the ground. The Cowboy's O line didn't look like it could stop anybody.

Indy has got to do something about their defense now. There is no excuse for having the fucking Titans run all over you like that. A good team is going to kill you and fuck your dead corpse dry. The Titans DB's are really good, and Vince Young looked impressive. But the Colts should have massacred them. I'm sure there are some happy bookies in Vegas, who were giving the Colts like 18 points or some such. No one's going to bet on the Titans even with an 18-point spread.

WayAbvPar

Reply #152 on: October 09, 2006, 09:28:57 AM

I would take 18 points 99.9% of the time in the NFL. You just don't get THAT big of a disparity very often. a 10 point spread is enormous in the pros.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #153 on: October 09, 2006, 09:47:40 AM

I am an Eagles fan and have McNabb in one of my leagues. I am benching him this week for Brees. McNabb's streak cannot continue like this and his WRs are banged the fuck up. This is the weak he does single digits. Bench Stallworth and Reggie Brown, too, if you have them. I would play LJ Smith though.

WRONG. So WRONG. But I still won my game in the league I benched him and I am a happy fan today.

I have never played WoW.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #154 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:31 AM

Holy shit I got owned.  I knew signing Brunell for Palmer's bye week was a crap shoot, but he could have played a perfect game and it still wouldn't have mattered.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 09, 2006, 09:49:42 AM

Uh, whoops.
WayAbvPar

Reply #156 on: October 09, 2006, 11:49:33 AM

N00b!  evil

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #157 on: October 09, 2006, 01:38:46 PM

Another weekend, another 30 point performance from McNabb.  Yeee haw.

-Rasix
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #158 on: October 09, 2006, 07:17:05 PM

ftr, that last post was cuz Sauced forgot to log me out, and erroneusly posted as me. I have no idea wtf you all are talking about.

As you were, gentlemen.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: October 10, 2006, 09:58:29 AM

There's a girl in the clubhouse! Cooties!!!

WTF is up with the Yahoo site? They haven't updated the standings after MNF yet (week is over, n00blers).

Rasix

Reply #160 on: October 10, 2006, 10:01:24 AM

There's a girl in the clubhouse! Cooties!!!

WTF is up with the Yahoo site? They haven't updated the standings after MNF yet (week is over, n00blers).

Yah, that is rather annoying.  I was looking forward to seeing myself alone in first place.

:-D

I gotta gloat now, because this won't last much longer I fear.

-Rasix
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: October 10, 2006, 01:15:21 PM

i r teh sux

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 16, 2006, 09:16:40 AM

137 - 130.  You've got to be shitting me.  More weeks like this and I'll be hopping on the anti-head-to-head bandwagon.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: October 16, 2006, 09:29:25 AM

137 - 130.  You've got to be shitting me.  More weeks like this and I'll be hopping on the anti-head-to-head bandwagon.

The league I'm in right now has 10 teams: Five are 3-2, Five are 2-3.  What's interesting is that 4 of the top 5 scoring teams are in the 2-3 category. 

While I like the competition in head-to-head, it doesn't really distinguish the best team/owner so much as highlight who has the most favorable matchups over the season.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #164 on: October 16, 2006, 10:26:43 AM

While I like the competition in head-to-head, it doesn't really distinguish the best team/owner so much as highlight who has the most favorable matchups over the season.   

Amen. The bye weeks are what really fuck H2H leagues up. Nothing like facing a team you need to beat when you best players are on bye due to the vagaries of the schedule.

The Seahawks game nearly killed me, btw. It was literally 20 minutes before I could sit down after the game winning FG. I had been pacing around before it, and was too wired afterwards. Wow.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #165 on: October 16, 2006, 11:11:49 AM

I am in three leagues this year. I drafted #1 in two of them and #6 in the other. I am under .500 in both leagues where I drafted #1 (Larry Johnson and Sean Alexander). I had never been #1 in draft order before and I don't want to be again. The worst part is that if I had taken LD in those leagues I would be doing very well.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #166 on: October 16, 2006, 11:41:05 AM

I got donkey punched yesterday. Part of it is that San Diego, despite playing a shitty team in the 49'ers, apparently couldn't run the ball that well (LT only got 71 yards). Which means they didn't put Michael Turner in to spell LT, so he got fuckall for points, unlike every other week before this where he at least got 4 or 5 points. Not that I had shit on the bench to back him up, since Derrick Mason can't catch balls anymore.

Fuck you Indy for being on a bye week. Fuck you Mike Vick for getting sacked 7 times. Fuck you NFL, CBS and FoxSports. On Friday night, I had my 2 of the 3 games Tivoed that were good matchups. By Sunday morning, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE of the matchups were changed to the absolute shitties game available. I mean, the BEST I got was Philly/New Orleans, and that was only best because they were both 4-1. My other matchups? Tennessee vs. Washington and Miami vs. The Jets. Yeah, that's right, Joey Harrington vs. Chad Pennington. What the fuck was that? For the first Sunday in 2 years, I watched less than 2 hours of American football on TV. I may not even watch tonight's game. I sure as fuck wasn't watching the Raiders Junior Varsity Intramural team play ANYONE.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: October 16, 2006, 02:32:16 PM

The ONLY game I had to watch at home was Seattle vs. St. Louis which turned out to be pretty good.

I never get to see my Bucs play unless I head out to a pub somewhere and convince them to change one tv for me.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 16, 2006, 03:21:58 PM

JFC, I swear I remember dropping Pollard to pick up Janikowski.  Not like it would have mattered unless James gets 50 points tonight, but I would have looked like slightly less of a choade.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: October 16, 2006, 04:23:28 PM

Fuck you LT and your 41 goddamn points   shocked

I have to pray that Grossman, Chicago D, and T. Jones have great games and that Muhammad and Clark get no receptions from Grossman.  Gonna be an interesting game I think.
WayAbvPar

Reply #170 on: October 16, 2006, 04:57:27 PM

Fuck you LT and your 41 goddamn points   shocked

I have to pray that Grossman, Chicago D, and T. Jones have great games and that Muhammad and Clark get no receptions from Grossman.  Gonna be an interesting game I think.

About time I got some goddamned production out of him!

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #171 on: October 16, 2006, 05:05:28 PM

It all came together. When Torry Holt decided to put up almost 40 points I thought I was nailed. The Attack Monkies are on a streak now!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 16, 2006, 09:24:58 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
Rasix

Reply #173 on: October 16, 2006, 10:07:31 PM

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Only the goddamned Cardinals can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like that.

Jesus H.

BTW, running the ball 35+ times with less than a 2 yard average is pure awesomeness.  Either open holes or just throw the ball 50 times a game.

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 17, 2006, 12:00:31 AM

Lowest yards ever for that amount of rushes.   Rofl Waffle

That ending was all kinds of awesome..... and the postgame press conference with Denni Green was fucking great.

Green Explodes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: