Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 87840 times)
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: December 13, 2006, 03:10:54 PM

It's a sad day when 3-9 isn't enough to make the playoffs.  Watch out next year.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: December 13, 2006, 03:49:16 PM

Apparently, you weren't on the NFC side of the pool this year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #282 on: December 15, 2006, 11:24:30 AM

Hooray for Frank Gore.  To think, next year this guy will probably go first round.

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #283 on: December 15, 2006, 11:34:55 AM

Probably, guaranteeing a gruesome week 3 knee injury.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: December 15, 2006, 12:01:22 PM

Hooray for Frank Gore.  To think, next year this guy will probably go first round.

Holy crap, I have 3 different leagues, I'm in contention in all of them, and in every damn one of them my opponent has Frank Gore.  Crappy luck. 
Rasix

Reply #285 on: December 18, 2006, 10:29:01 AM

Can 9 points + Rudi Johnson + Adam Vinateri be greater than Chad Johnson?  Well, that's all that's separating a 1 v. 2 matchup for the title (not sure we've had this happen before).  Needless to say, I'm a bit nervous.  If Indy decides to stack the box (thus slowing Rudi down, lets not go crazy and say they'll actually stop him), it's at Carson Palmer's discretion which of his monster receivers gets to have a career day.  Gah, I'd be in better shape if Atlanta wasn't such a horribly bad defensive team.

There's a few things we can learn from this game.  One: do not bet your fantasy football life on the Arizona Cardinals.  Egads, that was some terrible play Matt Leinart.  Two: first year starters can have really, really bad showings.  Three: expecting my mediocre receiving core to not be mediocre when it counted was just wishful thinking.  Next year it's time to get two quality starters. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #286 on: December 18, 2006, 02:19:19 PM

Indy will get run over by Rudi Johnson. Their problem isn't that they can't stack 8 in the box. It's that they can't fucking tackle. I've watched them the last 2 weeks and the backs that have run all over them have been hit at the 2nd level and the defenders just bounce off. Not having Bob Sanders at safety is KILLING them because he can at least deliver a lick. Everyone else has shitty shit shit shit tackling skills against anyone with size.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: December 18, 2006, 02:23:16 PM

Things to remember Questionable means a running back will play and score a fucking TD.   Damnit.  Next year buck my normal routine and get a damn consistent QB.  Rivers -.82 points against KC will cost me this title match.  Grossman meanwhile rebounded and would have gotten me 24 points.  I didn't see the game but what the hell happened to the chi-town defense when rattay throws 3 TDs.  My cowboy duo of Barber and Owens netted me half my points this week with their great games but I doubt it will be enough unless Ocho Cinco gets a 3 TD 200+ yard monster game or something.  Indi's D against the run stinks and Rudi is sure to get at the very least 90 yards and a touchdown.  I can't complain about the season though as I managed it make it this far without a solid running back.

p.s. if Ocho Cinco manages to pull it off it will be very nice happy birthday to me  :-D
Rasix

Reply #288 on: December 18, 2006, 02:34:04 PM

Things to remember Questionable means a running back will play and score a fucking TD.   Damnit.  Next year buck my normal routine and get a damn consistent QB.  Rivers -.82 points against KC will cost me this title match.  Grossman meanwhile rebounded and would have gotten me 24 points.  I didn't see the game but what the hell happened to the chi-town defense when rattay throws 3 TDs.  My cowboy duo of Barber and Owens netted me half my points this week with their great games but I doubt it will be enough unless Ocho Cinco gets a 3 TD 200+ yard monster game or something.  Indi's D against the run stinks and Rudi is sure to get at the very least 90 yards and a touchdown.  I can't complain about the season though as I managed it make it this far without a solid running back.

p.s. if Ocho Cinco manages to pull it off it will be very nice happy birthday to me  :-D

They just started giving up the deep ball.  Don't they have a safety out or something right now?  Both long balls were due to badly blown coverages and the safety coming over late.  Hester's fumble didn't help much either.

Anyhow.

My drafting strategy will change somewhat next year, but I still feel good about getting a decent QB in the 5 or 6th round. It'll be hard to pass up taking a Baltimore or Chicago D but those can last until the later rounds.  And feh, kicker's going to be last round if I can hold out.

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #289 on: December 18, 2006, 02:49:52 PM

I'm gonna go out of my way and blacklist all kickers in my list to start with.  Autodraft grabbed me 2 kickers neither of which are on my team anymore.  At least in this league it's kinda going down to the last monday night game.  My other 2 leagues, which I was still in contention for, I was going against LT and Frank Gore in both games.... yeah I got creamed in those :p

Was weird seeing the stats page show Hester had like 3 fumbles during the game, hell of a thing to happen to knock him back down to earth after breaking the record last week. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #290 on: December 18, 2006, 04:45:01 PM

When I autodrafted this year, I came in 7th place. When I live drafted last year, I ended up in 2nd place.

Autodraft is retarded.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: December 19, 2006, 10:45:39 AM

When I auotdrafted 2 years ago, I won this whole thing. When I live drafted the last two years, I've been at the bottom.

I'm retarded.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: December 19, 2006, 11:01:59 AM

Well, that's fucking depressing.  Harrison beat me in my other league semis as well.  Awesome.
WayAbvPar

Reply #293 on: December 19, 2006, 11:05:17 AM

Well, that's fucking depressing.  Harrison beat me in my other league semis as well.  Awesome.

I was in the semis in one of my other leagues- down 15 with Marv going for me and Palmer going for my opponent. I thought I was dead  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: December 19, 2006, 11:22:35 AM

I had enough of a margin and the CIN kicker that I could have survived a good game, but not that shit.  From being in both finals last year to fighting for third in both.  Next year I'll miss the playoffs entirely, apparently.

About the only thing I have to console me in our league is that I got beat by a healthy enough margin that there isn't much I could have done to prevent it.  Just shit the bed the wrong week, which happens.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #295 on: December 19, 2006, 01:19:09 PM

Looks like I'll maintain 5th place in both this league and the Morlocks league. My mediocrity continues.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: December 20, 2006, 10:03:06 AM

Battling for 3rd in all 3 of my leagues, morlocks included, looks like I'll be against Murdoc in that one  GAME ON CANADIAN!

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #297 on: December 20, 2006, 12:38:17 PM

I'm going for first in 2 leagues, 3rd in the Morlocks league and whatever dismal ranking I ended up in this league.

ZET, YOUR ASS IS GRASS.

Rasix

Reply #298 on: December 25, 2006, 09:48:28 PM

VICTORY IS MINE!

Thank you Zach Thomas.

-Rasix
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: December 26, 2006, 06:48:18 AM

I won in the Corp Freaks and Geeks league but tanked in this one.  I didn't think my team was that bad this year here but it just couldn't get the job done.  I did have both the NFC's and the AFC's top running backs in the other league though so that helped.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
WayAbvPar

Reply #300 on: December 26, 2006, 07:59:19 AM

VICTORY IS MINE!

Thank you Zach Thomas.

Zach and the freakin' hurricane in the first half conspired to keep Chad from beating you. Grrrrr. Good game, good season. Grats.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #301 on: December 26, 2006, 09:21:53 AM

Seattle just looks sick. Bad sick, like they have a fever and even cowbell won't help. They don't seem to be executing any phase particularly well with any consistency. Meanwhile, Philip Rivers has his second straight week of "I'm a QB IN THE NFL?!!?!!?" And yet he still wins, thanks to the big play. If I were Seattle in the offseason, I'd look at finding some DB's who don't give up the big play. It looked like the Super Bowl all over again.

Meanwhile, Philly is looking mean as hell. Maybe they just play the Cowboys well, only they did it to the Giants too. I think Romo is starting to believe his own hype, and is thus not executing well. Or it could be the Eagles in his face. The Eagles blitzed less early against Romo, but once they got him on his heels, they came after him and got the job done. It was beautiful watching T.O. muff so many passes, then hearing his little whine session after the game. Hey, Douchebag, they threw it to you, YOU DROPPED IT. There were at least 2 passes he absolutely should have had. Stop getting yourself knocked out of bounds or dropping passes and they might throw to you more.

The Packers have a playoff shot. Too bad they have to beat the Bears AT SOLDIER FIELD to make it. If the Giants get in at 7-9, I'll rethink my stance on NFL parity. The NFL just looks like a lot of mediocre teams. The Giants, the Panthers, and the Falcons are all teams that don't deserve the playoffs. They can't keep a consistent level of quality. The Packers and Rams are the same way. If any of those shittards win the Super Bowl, I may have to give up watching the NFL.

The Colts... WTF? Just WTF? Time to rethink your defensive team building strategy there, Tony. Get some beefcake in that line and get some bitches that can fucking tackle in the linebacking corps. There's no reason to give up that much on the ground, ever.

The Bengals are going to miss the playoffs to the Jets. Again, WTF? You can't beat the Broncos? There's another team that doesn't deserve the playoffs.

WayAbvPar

Reply #302 on: December 26, 2006, 10:40:06 AM

If I were Seattle in the offseason, I'd look at finding some DB's who don't give up the big play. It looked like the Super Bowl all over again.

Seattle's off-season priorities should be-

1) a giant sack of shit 350 lb run stopping DT. Sub him out in passing situations for Rocky Bernard/Chuck Darby.
2) Someone besides Grant "Speedbump" Wistrom at DE. Preferably a run stopper who could then be replaced by Darrell Tapp/Julian Peterson in passing situations.
3) A coach to A) teach our free safeties how to play free safety, and B) someone to teach our pass catchers how to actually catch passes.

After watching Branch drop his 4th consecutive pass (all that hit him right in his CoH-colored gloves), I called my brother and told him that I wanted a Deion Branch jersey for my birthday. With his severed head wrapped inside it.

I think Darrell Jackson will get traded in the offseason for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He is injury prone, and got sulky after Burleson and Branch got big contracts. Jerramy Stevens will probably get hugely overpaid by someone to drop passes; preferably not Seattle. Wistrom will get cut.

Draft priorities-
1) O line. They have a couple of young guys, but the rest are like my age. That is fucking ancient, especially in the NFL.
2) DT. AGAIN. Get it right one of these days
3) DB. Probably a free safety or nickel back.

The talent is still there to beat the Cowboys (who I am guessing they will play in the first round). Hell, if they pulled their heads out of their asses, they could beat the Saints and/or the Bears and get to Miami to get pwned by the Chargers. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: December 26, 2006, 12:10:58 PM

I won in the Corp Freaks and Geeks league but tanked in this one.  I didn't think my team was that bad this year here but it just couldn't get the job done.  I did have both the NFC's and the AFC's top running backs in the other league though so that helped.

I was the last undefeated team in that league, then I turned into the Colts.  It was looking so promising. 

That cowboys game was just embarrasing to watch and god damn how I loathe TO.  Fucking crybaby that doesn't catch balls that hit him right in the hands.  It's too bad we won't win divison this year if phily beats washington next week (which they should but washington pulls a few good games out of their cracks).  I still think we can beat Seattle in the playoffs and even if we had won the divison we were not going to get a first round bye so I'm still feeling good.  Just need a good game next week to build up some momentum though. 
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #304 on: December 26, 2006, 12:40:44 PM

Giants play Washington. Philly (home) plays Atlanta.

I have never played WoW.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: December 26, 2006, 12:45:55 PM

Giants play Washington. Philly (home) plays Atlanta.

Thanks for the info.  Well Vicks & company suck so same difference :p   I really want the Giants to miss the playoffs so I guess I'll be rooting for washington.... first time for everything. 
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #306 on: December 26, 2006, 01:41:25 PM

Root for the Packers. If they win against the Bears and the Giants lose (the latter is highly likely, the former not so much) the Pack is in. We all need FAV-RAH in the playoffs.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: December 26, 2006, 01:53:31 PM

Root for the Packers. If they win against the Bears and the Giants lose (the latter is highly likely, the former not so much) the Pack is in. We all need FAV-RAH in the playoffs.

Oh I certainly am rooting for them, but don't have much hope against the Bears at home.  Only positive is the Bears have nothing to play for in this game as they have their division locked up. 
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #308 on: December 27, 2006, 02:23:50 PM

Oh I certainly am rooting for them, but don't have much hope against the Bears at home.  Only positive is the Bears have nothing to play for in this game as they have their division locked up. 

And home field and the bye. They could trot out the cheerleaders and drink hot buttered rum on the sidelines without losing anything except their pride.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #309 on: December 27, 2006, 07:12:25 PM

It's a Bears-Packers game. Big-time rival game at home for the Bears. I don't see them letting this one slide. Even in seasons where both teams sucked, it's always been a tough fight.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: December 28, 2006, 09:22:46 AM

And, supposedly, Smith has learned his lesson from last season, when he played scrubs against a Vikings team needing a moral victory and blew the teams momentum heading into the playoffs.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #311 on: January 01, 2007, 11:37:21 AM

Smith screwed the pooch again. I really hope Favre doesn't pack it in this year, because I think the team has some solid foundations to build on. Their wideouts look a lot better now than at the start of the year, and their defense actually seems to have some oomph. They even blocked well. Grossman looked totally inept and Griese wasn't much better.

I'm actually happy the Colts didn't get the 1st round bye. I think that's part of what has screwed them up in the playoffs the last few years. They are such a rhythm offense and not working for a week makes them look rusty as hell. Their defense though... I don't know if it can stop KC's running game or the Chargers.

Saints/Chargers Super Bowl?

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 02, 2007, 09:53:03 AM

Oh man, I can't wait to watch my team get embarrased at home in the playoffs for the second year in a row!
WayAbvPar

Reply #313 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:48 AM

I hope the Seahawks are the ones that get to come visit and do it for ya, Sauced  evil

Now, I have to get to Kirkland in time for my tryout for cornerback. Holy snapped ankles, Batman!

RIP Darrent Williams. What a shitty way to ring in the New Year.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: