Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 87972 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: August 18, 2006, 08:49:40 AM

Goddamned jury duty made me forget the draft.

I think I did ok, especially with Peyton, Reggie Wayne and Plaxico Burress. I'm really thin at RB, though. Damn autodraft gave me Priest Fricking Ow My Neck Holmes, which I had to drop. Duckett was the most reliable points getter on waivers. DEF is not great for me, but Cincy usually gets lots of turnovers. New England's D hasn't been good for years, though. The only hitch is the Week 4 bye for Atlanta, taking out both my RB's.

WayAbvPar

Reply #71 on: August 18, 2006, 09:13:27 AM

Yeah, I knew your Colts-lovin' ass would dig the Manning/Wayne combo  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 18, 2006, 09:36:43 AM

Goddamned jury duty made me forget the draft.

I think I did ok, especially with Peyton, Reggie Wayne and Plaxico Burress. I'm really thin at RB, though. Damn autodraft gave me Priest Fricking Ow My Neck Holmes, which I had to drop. Duckett was the most reliable points getter on waivers. DEF is not great for me, but Cincy usually gets lots of turnovers. New England's D hasn't been good for years, though. The only hitch is the Week 4 bye for Atlanta, taking out both my RB's.

Want to make a deal featuring Addai and Wayne among others so I can replace my resident alcoholic?

EDIT: Rest of my message got cut off... so long as the Cardinals offensive line can hold up I anticipate great production from my Warner/Lienart combo. My team's sucess depends on Lamont Jordan/Westbrook's ability to not die and continue to get tons of receptions. Gotta take some chances!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 09:39:07 AM by WindiaN »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 18, 2006, 11:18:56 AM

I think I managed to get a pretty solid team.  The big question in my line up is if Culpepper is going to work out in Miami, fortunately I got a decent back-up :)

Should be a good year.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #74 on: August 28, 2006, 11:33:21 AM

What the fuck was I thinking picking Deion Branch?  I love it when I forget my own personal draft rules, "don't pick anyone on a hold out".

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 31, 2006, 12:55:54 PM

I wish I had found this thread sooner... would have loved to join you guys.  I had my draft in a 15 year old league last night.  I picked last and it was brutal!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #76 on: September 02, 2006, 04:24:33 PM

Dom Davis out for the season. Houston looking incredibly dumb now, having passed on Reggie Bush in the draft. The Eagles will probably be this year's nearly unanimous first game favorite in survival leagues. Beware. That honor has been the kiss of death two years in a row now.

I have never played WoW.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 07:37:21 PM

Rothlisberger just had an appendectomy... out at least one week.  FYI.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 07, 2006, 06:31:02 PM

Rothlisberger just had an appendectomy... out at least one week.  FYI.

I actually tried to alert my week one opponent that his QB was out, and yet....

Not that it matters, the way Ronnie Brown is playing, it'll even itself out.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006, 07:01:00 AM

Thank you, Nick Saban, for being slow with the red challenge flag, netting me 6 more points from my TE  cheesy

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #80 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:51 AM

Pittsburgh looked better than I expected them to. The challenge flag thing was really, really silly. It isn't like the Steelers wouldn't have scored the TD anyway.

I like that Culpepper looked good the first half, and then completely collapsed in the 4th. Look forward to that, Saban, a lot. The worst part about it was that first INT that Polamalu grabbed. He grabbed it because the last 3 or 4 passes Culpepper threw were to the same side of the field, trying to grab the sidelines. Pittsburgh let a few go through and Culpepper kept looking there until finally Polamalu just jumped the route. Nice decisionmaking there, asshat.

Also, Weckler looked really good, enough that I dropped Santonio Holmes for him. How can you field a punt on the 4-yard line? There will be much lap-running for that young man.

WayAbvPar

Reply #81 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:32 AM

God I loathe the Steelers.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: September 08, 2006, 10:43:54 AM

I like that Culpepper looked good the first half, and then completely collapsed in the 4th. Look forward to that, Saban, a lot. The worst part about it was that first INT that Polamalu grabbed. He grabbed it because the last 3 or 4 passes Culpepper threw were to the same side of the field, trying to grab the sidelines. Pittsburgh let a few go through and Culpepper kept looking there until finally Polamalu just jumped the route. Nice decisionmaking there, asshat.

Also, Weckler looked really good, enough that I dropped Santonio Holmes for him. How can you field a punt on the 4-yard line? There will be much lap-running for that young man.

Culpepper's performance really stunk.  Looks like I'm going to be starting Brunell until Culpepper shows some sense of what game he is playing.  18/37 for 0 TD and 2 INT?  Steelers D looked good but there was a lot of bad passes.

Wekler looked great but I wouldn't start him until you see if he can do that a couple of more times.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: September 08, 2006, 11:16:20 AM

Wekler looked great but I wouldn't start him until you see if he can do that a couple of more times.

Yeah, but then Holmes wasn't starting either. He's a decent enough fallback.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 08, 2006, 12:25:54 PM

After the 2nd good play I knew someone here was gonna grab him.  Decent enough game but I wish they challenged that touchdown, Willy coulda used some points in my other league. 
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 08, 2006, 02:29:43 PM

It looked like Saban didn't want the challenge flag seen, but if he was right, then he could complain after the game that he was robbed and that it was the officials fault that there was no challenge.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #86 on: September 08, 2006, 02:31:44 PM

He could claim that all he wanted, but after Culpepper's second shitty INT, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 08, 2006, 02:35:36 PM

And it's not like Pittsburg wouldn't punch it in from the 2 anyways.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 09, 2006, 12:45:48 PM

And it's not like Pittsburg wouldn't punch it in from the 2 anyways.

Well they did fumble away an earlier scoring opportunity so it could happen again. 
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 10, 2006, 06:55:59 PM

Holy shit, what a terrible way to start the NFL season.

The Bucs get absolutely destoryed... by BALTIMORE.
I lose (or will lose) all 4 of my head 2 head games.
My Sports Select ticket wasn't even close.
I'm afraid to look at my pick 'em league.

ugggghhh

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 11, 2006, 12:35:44 AM

Look at the bright side.... I played you in one of those leagues.   

Yeah guess that don't really help you out, but hey makes me feel a little better.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 11, 2006, 06:56:34 AM

OH GOOD FOR YOU

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #92 on: September 11, 2006, 07:12:26 AM

I think I'm losing both my league's games off of this one. Unless Randle El has a big game and Moss, Longwell and Washington's D have a really bad game, I'm dead in this one. Who'd have figured that Vick would have a bigger game than Peyton, or that the New England Defense would have a worse game than Cincy?

Ok, the Cincy D I should have known better about, since they always get mad turnovers. But the rest? Go figure.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #93 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:26 AM

Thanks for telling me that Steve Smith isn't going to play pretty much the day of the game, you bunch of Carolina homos. That's a pretty big reason you lost that damn game. That, and your running game is asstastic.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #94 on: September 11, 2006, 09:52:38 AM

Smith was listed as Q or D most of the week (I benched him in my other leagues on Tuesday as a precaution). I figure if a guy is a gametime decision, even if he plays he will likely be diminished, so why sweat it?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: September 11, 2006, 10:01:28 AM

Did anyone catch the Packers' game? Holy fuck, that team looks awful. FUCKING DREADFUL. I mean, any defense that lets Rex Grossman complete more than 10 passes is pretty dreadful IMO, but to have him complete so many decent passes and that one long ball to Berrian? That's clownshoes level of suck. And may Ted Thompson and Mike Sherman stew in a special kind of earthly hell for having driven away and broken up the best O-Line in football in the span of 3 years. That line looked awful, which meant that by the 4th quarter, Favre had no choice but to try to win it himself. Again. Which meant that he overthrew everything, tossed up passes he shouldn't have made and generally caused everyone to rethink their excitement over his return. Favre doesn't do losing well at all. I'm expecting Aaron Rodgers to get in games by the 8th week.

WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: September 11, 2006, 10:03:42 AM

Didn't see the game, but saw Favre in the press conference afterwards. He looked like one of the poor FDNY dudes coming out of the Ground Zero wreckage 5 years ago- hollow, hopeless look in his eyes. I hate to see him go out like this. I would root for him to retire, but I want him to play in the Seattle game later this year so I can see him in person before he goes.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #97 on: September 11, 2006, 10:31:02 AM

Didn't see the game, but saw Favre in the press conference afterwards. He looked like one of the poor FDNY dudes coming out of the Ground Zero wreckage 5 years ago- hollow, hopeless look in his eyes. I hate to see him go out like this. I would root for him to retire, but I want him to play in the Seattle game later this year so I can see him in person before he goes.

I don't hate Favre but fuck him. He should have retired in semi-glory when he had the chance. Now he can limp out for all I care.

For tonight, will LD break the curse of the star RB this season? Am I right to remember that last year also started slowly for star RBs? I need LD to be mediocre or worse tonight to beat WayAbvPar. Three players can earn 37 points pretty easily.

I have never played WoW.
Rasix

Reply #98 on: September 11, 2006, 12:40:15 PM

130 points with nearly two goose eggs (Randy had 1.5, fucking Culpepper).  I'm so glad that I was able to pick up Frank Gore.  Amazed that he fell into my lap when I spaced on picking him up in the draft.  Not sure I'll throw up that many points again all year.

My WR depth is virtually non-existent. I'm really starting to hate Deion Branch. Anyone want to part with a #1 receiver on a bad team or a #2 on a decent one for Adam Vinateri?

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #99 on: September 11, 2006, 12:59:43 PM

I'm really starting to hate Deion Branch.

You heard he was traded to the Seahawks, right? That should help you out a bunch.

37 points is a tough hill to climb tonight, but LDT should run wild against Oakland. They are fucking terrible.

Rasix

Reply #100 on: September 11, 2006, 01:15:46 PM

I'm really starting to hate Deion Branch.

You heard he was traded to the Seahawks, right? That should help you out a bunch.

Been busy enough at work that I had not. Very nice.  I thought the news on him today (that little button next to his name) would just be more crap about his grievances.

Hmm.. if my people stay hot, I could be dangerous this year. Still, not a lot of depth, but at least I have two people actually playing at WR. WTF happened to Kevin Curtis?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 01:17:31 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: September 11, 2006, 01:42:48 PM

I've been waiting for over a decade to watch Favre get his ass handed to him repeatedly, so I for one enjoyed it tremendously.  Hopefully he plays in the last game of the season at Soldier Field, so he can really go out in style.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #102 on: September 12, 2006, 08:08:20 AM

How much do the Raiders suck? A whole whole lot. To the point that they pulled Aaron Brooks and put in a 3rd round rookie QB, who drove them down farther than Brooks did. That's how much they suck. They have a decent, versatile running back in Jordan and a playmaker asshole wideout in Moss, and they can't score at home on Monday night. That's how much they suck.

And WTF is wrong with Marty Schottenheimer? I realize that this was Rivers first start, but come on, how many times are you going to run on 3 straight downs? If Rivers is supposed to be the QB of the future, why aren't you actually letting him throw passes? He's got a fantastic arm. The passes he did make were mostly really good, showing some incredible physical skills. The Raiders D showed no real ability to stop the pass and the O had no ability to score. So why not let your young QB get some actual work in instead of coddling him? He's going to have to win you some games down the stretch against good times, might as well let him practice against a scrub team. I think that's going to come back to bite Marty in the ass this season.

As for Washington, my fucking God could Brunell have been any less pathetic? I swear, every time the D even breathed on him, he threw the ball away. I suppose it's better than tossing an INT, but shit, take a hit every once in a while to make a play. There were way too many times he rushed the pass or threw it away at the first whiff of trouble. Meanwhile, Minnesota did just enough to win on offense, even though Williamson has bricks for hands. That long deep ball he dropped in the first half could not have been thrown any better, and he just drops it. He has the speed to be a #1 guy and the hands to be a Philadelphia Eagle wideout.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: September 13, 2006, 08:37:37 AM

Do the Raiders and the Packers play this season?  Because that is some must-see TV right there.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: September 13, 2006, 08:44:30 AM

No, but they play San Francisco once and the Lions twice, so there should be some comedy of errors games out there for sure.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: