Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 51204 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #35 on: September 10, 2020, 07:36:16 AM

I don't think anyone from F13 is still flying with Bat Country, but Goonswarm really did the corp (and Endie in particular) dirty.  Let it all burn.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 10:34:03 AM

Story time. Please.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #37 on: September 10, 2020, 04:27:04 PM

always hated goons, hope they get their shit pushed in

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 11, 2020, 09:42:27 AM

I'm in. Interface still sucks but buying a fitting a ship and skills is MUCH easier. Flew down from Period Basis to Delve and didn't see a single red.  No idea if the war will actually happen, but I'm back.

From what I recall, Endie didn't like the way the Imperialiam was going and left/got kicked out of it and took Bat Country to Pandemic Legion. That's when I left. Dunno if he still plays or not.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 11:29:55 AM

As long as there will be plenty of glorious battles and drama, this is will be good.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #40 on: September 11, 2020, 12:05:07 PM

From what I recall, Endie didn't like the way the Imperialiam was going and left/got kicked out of it and took Bat Country to Pandemic Legion. That's when I left. Dunno if he still plays or not.

My memory on it is pretty fuzzy, too, since I was out of game when it happened and only came back to help out during the evac period.  Since Mittani is mostly an out-of-game leader, the in-game management was being handled by a guy that Endie (and a lot of the corp) didn't get along with and most of them found the choice to leave pretty easy.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 11, 2020, 09:54:37 PM

My memory on it is pretty fuzzy, too, since I was out of game when it happened and only came back to help out during the evac period.  Since Mittani is mostly an out-of-game leader, the in-game management was being handled by a guy that Endie (and a lot of the corp) didn't get along with and most of them found the choice to leave pretty easy.

I think this song covers it.

https://soundcloud.com/sindel-pellion/thats-how-we-know-you-fcked-up

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 13, 2020, 02:42:46 PM

I don't think anyone from F13 is still flying with Bat Country, but Goonswarm really did the corp (and Endie in particular) dirty.  Let it all burn.

Hah. Fuck Endie. I could see where things were going and he called me a concern troll.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 13, 2020, 08:01:38 PM

I still like Endie. I didn't like how GSF was going either, but I quit the game instead. Still, joining PL seems just as bad to me. Anyway, it was half a decade ago, so the wound has healed I hope.

I went on 2 ops, first time in half a decade. Also, I'm half blind. Yay.

First one we saw no one, did nothing but fly around.

Second one were trying to help some bombers shoot a station, who got dropped on, I think? We showed up, lost a ship to the station. I was asked to drop some defensive bubbles 30km from the fleet, which I did. The Pandemic Horde fleet that outnumbered us 3-1 showed up 100km away. The last time I was in fleets I was in the fleet boosting Claymore...so I called for reps?

That is NOT the right thing to do with a Sabre. Whelp 1 Sabre.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003963/202009131400/ and 35 other ships.

I got home in a newbie ship and the fleet was refitting to go do something else. Lesson learnt- when flying a Sabre, just warp out unless the FC asks you to jump on the grenade. Also, don't close Directabot because you can't get reimbursement without the ping. Some hero got it for me. 

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 05:01:24 AM

Shockingly, I haven't gotten an email.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 10:02:36 AM

I was asked to drop some defensive bubbles 30km from the fleet, which I did. The Pandemic Horde fleet that outnumbered us 3-1 showed up 100km away. The last time I was in fleets I was in the fleet boosting Claymore...so I called for reps? 

Hoping you at least got on some friendly kill mails for your trouble.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 15, 2020, 04:03:09 AM

Reminder, this is really Eve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 15, 2020, 08:59:54 AM

Ive been ratting around 1DH in a Battlecruiser and haven't seen a hostile yet. YMMV. It;s a lot less interesting and AFK than I remember it being. Deploy drones, wait.

In other more interesting news, Reddit/Eve was full of threads of WE ARE COMING.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004937/202009151400/

Ships Lost: 71 Ships
Ships Lost: 160 Ships

ISK Lost: 5,007,060,268.66
ISK Lost: 12,440,417,336.17

I was there. When we started killing Claymore's I figures we'd won, though with the FC being VERY brief with his orders, I couldn't really tell. I recall everyone ragging on DBRB but I prefer a FC who talks non stop to one who says an order once and expects you to hear it/understand it/do it. Note I clearly know nothing because our Ferox Fleet FC ripped them apart, so it's just me I think. Once we got into combat and I could see the targets in the fleet history it was all very methodical and understandable, and it didn't help I missed one jump and didn't know about the history tab till we got in system. I think I'm not used to FC's allowing you to take the initiative when dropping bubbles or not either - the poor sabre pilots got yelled at for not dropping bubbles, but i was trained never to bubble without authorization, so what do I know.

I don't think I want to be a dictor pilot I'll tell you.

Someone was complaining in local that we dropped caps? I never saw them myself.

We saved the iHub and what was left of their fleet ran away.

I think I got the horn of Goondor email because I was in Goonfleet 2007, and left before the end of the 1st Great Eve War. If you're only in LOVEU you probably didn't get it? Or wern't signed up for emails from goonfleet.com.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 15, 2020, 08:15:13 PM

I went on my 1st structure shoots for 6 or so years. We blew up 2 Fortizars worth about 20 billion isk in a 150 ship Battlecruiser fleet and smaller attached INIT HAC fleet, in Fountion. Progodlegend attempted to pipe bomb us...on an exit gate. We lost 15% shields.

Intel said there was a Dreadnought cache of unknown size in it, so that's now in some low sec station now.

In other news https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/MHeRRqn9CbCpZ93Hm

12:37:20 PM) directorbot: Small USTZ Update - For those of you who are on other fleets. Our Ares fleet gets MVP - https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/MHeRRqn9CbCpZ93Hm
Burst jamming cepters caused supers and titans to kill close to 3b in their own stuff cause smartbombs. You are free to peruse this and get popcorn :munch:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 08:16:45 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:29 PM

Shockingly, I haven't gotten an email.  why so serious?

I have bad news for anyone from here who hears the Siren call and falls for it like I did:
Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004
Space emperor is not amused.
Unleash the tildes!
i have very bad news for people who complain in this thread about being blacklisted: if you didn't actively fuck goons over and it's some stupid shit related to old policies (like no double accounts) or whatever, i will likely DISPENSE JUSTICE and free you

which means you'll lose eve again

i've quit shitposting on twitter so this thread is stuck with me

Elitestops is back, the holesquad three (no idea who they are) are back. Hell even Ordo Karr (who stole 30 billion ISK and awoked 3 supercarriers) got offered to come back, though he said no.

I have NO idea if this would apply to ex-LOVEU or BAT COUNTRY (who left under strained, but friendly circumstances from what I recall) members, and I doubt you'd be able to keep your mouth from shooting offf to stay anyway :D even if you did want to come back, but the Mittens is seemningly un-blacklisting anyone these days.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #50 on: September 16, 2020, 10:43:11 PM

Out of curiosity, is anyone recognizable from more than 5 years ago still playing or has the entire alliance turned over?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 17, 2020, 01:44:30 AM

DBRB is apparently still around but I haven't seen him. Laz is back, but I haven't see him. Lots of vets who left for reasons around 5-6 years ago who are back. I'm not playing in US TZ so the FC's I'm with are British mostly. I haven't met anyone I recognize from LOVEU or BAT COUNTRY, but it's been 7 years so I probably won't recall anyone anyway.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 17, 2020, 04:51:56 AM

It would show their true desperation if they allowed Himo back.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 17, 2020, 07:42:39 AM

Then  again, I just joined a fleet that got told 5 minutes later to stand down because we were outnumbered 3-1.

What.

I don't blame the FC, but this feels like what BoB must have felt in Delve War II.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #54 on: September 17, 2020, 10:30:05 AM

Weren't you playing when Goonswarm lost Delve, too?  It's a little bit like a cursed castle.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 12:26:09 PM

I was there when GSF saved the IAC from MC (in IAC).
I was there for T20 and the first failed invasion of Delve. Left then.
I was there for the ROL war, the great betrayal and Delve War II when we won.
I was there when someone forgot to pay the bill and we lost Delve the first time.
I was there when GSF was in Deklien and living on the coach with TCF. Left after we killed IT Alliance.
I was there when we went to war with TEST and killed them :(. I left after that.
I've came back for the Horn of Goondor.

So my part in Delve's downfall technically only happened 3 times.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 18, 2020, 06:39:27 PM

After losing the iHub in 49- yesterday (we launched a couple of ceptr fleets to just annoy them) we formed several fleets to defend the Foritzar in system. Hostiles formed some HAC fleets but did not attempt to fight.

I was in a ROKA fleet lead by Lazaras Talraven in MY CLAYMORE. Havn't  had a shot yet.

TEST replied on SA Eve thread:

Quote from: NGC773" post="508195712
There were a lot of reasons why that fight didn't happen.

1) Numbers were pretty much equal
2) Imp formed a superior doctrine
3) It was only a fortizar timer

progodleged lost his ship and pod worth 1.5Billion isk.

we've also killed a couple of sabre's while we hack the iHub.  

Also an Atron.

What the enemy fleet was told:
We expected Ferox's and brought Battleships! Stand down the fleet!

Via reddit

https://soundcloud.com/gs-kocicek/out-formed-by-300-but-papi-has-to-stand-down

Enemy fleet FC - it's not a reinforced node and we haven't got into Querious and our doctrine is wrong and will be ready next week! We outnumber them by 300 and we'll easily out dunk them next week.

Laz brought the ROKA fleet, and we had a jackdaw and Beltec fleet. They had HAC's.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 08:02:29 PM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:37 AM

Big battle just went down.

I joined a Jackdaw fleet as a booster. We jumped a few gates and came across a Ferox fleet. We warped off and sat on a Fortizar for about 5 minutes. We then warped to them on the gate and jumped through. They followed.

50 or so Titan's were on the other side and lanced DD'ed them, though didn't kill that many. We then decloaked and engaged.

They bat phoned for sub cap reinforcements and a HAC gang and another Jackdaw fleet arrived. 400 Enemy Dreadnoughts were reported to be on standby.

They never jumped in.  Eventually their sub-cap fleets noticed the node was not reinforced and escaped and our fleets left after looting the field. I was never targeted and didn't help much, my rockets being well out of range of everything.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004706/202009191400/
Ships Lost: 58 Ships
Ships Lost:192 Ships
ISK Lost: 2,723,109,003.45
ISK Lost:8,545,124,053.92

I'm surprised the losses weren't higher..

Warning: large pictures. Pretty.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 08:26:09 AM by Comstar »

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 19, 2020, 10:12:06 PM

TEST Titan down. 16 Dreadnoughts, 1 Carrier with it in 4-07MU

Battle results: https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/9HF5mXRTupyK7HBXQ#summary

Titan Kill Mail:https://zkillboard.com/kill/87254916/

1048 players 325 ships lost 182.7b isk lost vs 29.3b isk dropped

A TEST titan moving to 4-07 was dropped by an Imperium Dreadnought fleet after he bounced off the station. PAPI Dreadnought and carrier attempted a rescue and were defeated. Imperium fleets scrambled and saved 20 out of 30 friendly Dreadnoughts. PAPI subcap fleets chased hostiles out of system and held the field, but the Dreadnought hulks were already destroyed and not salvageable.

I was part of the Ferox fleet. We undocked 2 minutes after the alert and got a Titan bridge into the next door system, and jumped in. Got on 5 Dreadnought kill mails and a Sabre before getting trapped in the bubbles on a perch and missing the escape out of system.

In this picture you can see some of the hostile Dreadnoughts.

Picture of PAPI Dreadnoughts in the background

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 21, 2020, 03:16:20 AM

Eve is really great if one considers it an ongoing Sci-Fi series/novel. HBO should pick it up.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 21, 2020, 07:28:01 AM

Exactly, and I am pretty sure there would be a large enough audiance for it to work.

Keep up the good reporting Comstar!
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 21, 2020, 10:59:00 AM

Eve is really great if one considers it an ongoing Sci-Fi series/novel. HBO should pick it up.

I've always enjoyed reading about stuff going on it Eve more than actually playing it...

Ohhhhh, I see.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 05:09:43 AM

Big battle in 49-U for a starbase of some sort. I wasn't there.

https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/FMr6DkDiLdtXevQst#summary

3159 players
1276 ships lost
710.6b isk lost
110.0b isk dropped

7 Supercarriers, 18 Dreadnoughts to 70 Dreadnoughts lost.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 25, 2020, 02:52:50 AM

How much are fleets having to manage lag in this war?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 25, 2020, 06:27:27 AM

That last battle about 2-3k players in system and hours would seem like minutes. Modules DID work, but one thing that did NOT work was the starbase anti-bubble smartbombs that took an hour to swap someone out and in again, which caused the loss of the supercaps.

The big battle I was in wasn't too bad. About 1000 players and my Ferox could move and shoot things ok.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 26, 2020, 02:31:33 AM

Uh oh. Is Eve Online headed towards the cool zone?

https://www.eveonline.com/article/qh7pp7/resource-distribution-update

CCP announced yesterday a small announcement. Long promised, but very short. Minerals are going to be reallocated- you can only mine certain minerals in highsec/lowsec/nullsec. So no one can be self-sufficient and HAS to import to be able to build anything. eg- you can't mine Trit anywhere except Highsec.

Tritanium will be exclusive to high-sec; Isogen and Nocxium exclusive to low-sec; and Zydrine, Megacite and Morphite exclusive to null-sec. CCP expect that this change will see more movement in low-sec, an increase in mining ship losses, more market transactions for minerals, an increase in refining income, and a change of mineral prices. At least the latter is already occurring, with Nocxium spiking heavily in price.

They have no announced whats coming after this, beyond it's needed to make the game go on for another 40 years. They did not tell the CSM or players anything before hand.

The playerbase is rioting.
https://imperium.news/resource-distribution-update-a-shit-show/

It really reminds me of Star Wars Galaxys and the New Game Experience. I doubt it will kill the  game like the NGE did, it's not THAT big a change, but the way it's been handled and CCP's complete inability to prepare the playerbase for a change of this magnitude and actively go out of their way to refuse to say what the change will result in beyond "please trust us. it will be better...in a year!" is really giving me the same vibes.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 26, 2020, 10:41:19 PM

So I sat down last week and played Eve Online and Eve Echoes at the same time.

I hate to say it, but I'm having more fun in the mobile version than the original game

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 05, 2020, 02:12:11 AM

We tried something different last week- A Stealth Bomber Death Star Trench Run Attack to blow up a Fortizar. Didn't work because a spy (probably called D8atrh V8ater) deleted the stolen data plans bookmarks before we had a chance to do it.  We'll try again.

I'm not kidding, you have to hit a target about 2 meters wide at the end of your bomb run and avoid the enemy flak as you do it.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 07, 2020, 12:39:34 AM

Death Star Down. PAPI tried to deploy a 2nd Keepstar down (after losing the first to a dread fleet) and this battle lasted 9 hours.

1.4t isk lost
5252 ships lost

vs

185.9b isk lost
799 ships lost
+ 3 dead Titan's out of system and 6 systems lost on the home front in Esiotaria

PICS
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/j6lpp1/gf_everyone_who_was_at_fwst8_br_in_the_comments/

2 of the attacking fleets were performing Death Star Trench run attacks with bombs on the Keepstar. They held it down long enough to pause the deployment to allow Dreadnought and Battleships to kill it.

Billymerc and Vily are reported to be "not mad". Not Mad At All.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #69 on: October 07, 2020, 11:06:24 AM

Impossible to understand for us randos. What happened? The faction that lost the more money (Goons) actually won?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Eve Online  
Jump to: