Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2018: That's Not a Sack 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2018: That's Not a Sack  (Read 62117 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #140 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:28 AM

FUCKING FINALLY. That took about 4 years too long but it's about goddamn time. You cannot lose to the fucking Cardinals at home. You just can't.

It's great that my home town team is now the base case for ineptitude.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #141 on: December 03, 2018, 05:49:25 AM

FUCKING FINALLY. That took about 4 years too long but it's about goddamn time. You cannot lose to the fucking Cardinals at home. You just can't.

It's great that my home town team is now the base case for ineptitude.  awesome, for real

Support group meets every Thursday at 7p in the gym. I'll hold a seat for you.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #142 on: December 03, 2018, 08:49:31 AM

I'm hoping a good, young offensive coach like a McVey or Nagy can come in and revitalize his play. Rodgers has not been playing well even aside from the shitty gameplan that he's been asked to execute. Just please God do not hire Josh McDaniels or any shithead from the Belichek tree.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: December 03, 2018, 12:37:46 PM

Just please God do not hire Josh McDaniels or any shithead from the Belichek tree.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: December 03, 2018, 04:45:08 PM

I'm hoping a good, young offensive coach like a McVey or Nagy can come in and revitalize his play. Rodgers has not been playing well even aside from the shitty gameplan that he's been asked to execute. Just please God do not hire Josh McDaniels or any shithead from the Belichek tree.

My company's IT Director is a huge GB fan, never seen him as happy as he was this morning.

As a huge Seahawk homer, I shudder to think what Aaron Rodgers could do with a coach like McVay, or someone as creative....

Actually, I do hope he gets an opportunity to play for someone like that, would be great for the league.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #145 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:26 AM

Just please God do not hire Josh McDaniels or any shithead from the Belichek tree.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Cthulu Cthulu roflcopter Cthulu Cthulu
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: December 09, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

Amari is worth 10 billion 1st round picks.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #147 on: December 10, 2018, 08:00:07 AM

The Dallas defense is exceptionally good and it's showing weekly now. Right now it's second only to Baltimore, another team with a blah offense that's being carried by the defensive numbers.

After beating the Eagles, the Cowboys are effectively one win away from clinching the division. They have head to head over Philly, and they have the divisional record tiebreaker over Washington.

why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #148 on: December 10, 2018, 08:08:20 AM

Also, let's take a moment and remember how I keep telling people the Atlanta Falcons are a fluky greasefire?

Ever since Shanahan ran off, they've had zero offensive identity. They took a huge step back in 2017 and barely made the playoffs, only to get washed out by the Eagles because their offense couldn't score.

What's hilarious is the Falcons have fallen from 33.8 points a game, to 22.1 points per game, and now 24.3 points per game. They are almost a full 10 points per game worse off than when Shanny was here, still.

And yet nobody seems to want to have the discussion that Sark is an idiot that can't run this offense. In the past 5 losses, they've averaged around 18 points a game. They will win you exactly jack and shit in the new NFL. Good teams are putting up 28+ a game now with regularity.

And the offensive line that was so lovingly crafted by spiky haired Moron in Chief isn't looking so hot now. Their left tackle is an overpaid average guy with a good family name. Their center is a gun for hire that's nearing 33 years old. Everybody else is a replaceable piece even Tampa Bay wouldn't draft.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #149 on: December 10, 2018, 08:55:12 AM

Atlanta is dogshit right now. Their defense is terrible despite Dan Quinn being a "defensive guy" that was going to fix the problems they had when he came in. They still have those problems. That they couldn't score 20 against Green Bay's improved but still iffy defense is a pretty big indictment of how bad their offense is. I never understood the hiring of Sark in the first place as OC - you know for sure he's got substance abuse problems bad enough he got fired for them, and he'd done nothing as a redemption tour before Atlanta hired him.  Naturally, he's fucking terrible and he's probably going to be one of the reasons Quinn gets shitcanned at the end of the season.

Green Bay meanwhile scores 30+ for one of the few times this season, the game after they get right of the potatohead that had been calling their plays. I'm not Philbin fan, but the results are pretty clear to me. We'll see how they do against a really good defense like the Bears on Sunday.

Speaking of the Bears, holy shit, that one game with the Rams last night ended my fantasy season. Trubisky's shoulder is CLEARLY bothering him because at least 2 of the picks he threw last night were just horrible overthrows. Gurley being unable to run (and almost unused) against the Bears and Goff throwing 3 picks as well means the Rams suddenly look vulnerable against a team with a great defense.

Also, fuck you unto death, New England. Serves you right getting beat on a gadget play. Also also, great to see Pittsburgh shitting the bed against a Raiders team too stupid to keep tanking.

I think we may have finally seen the last of the Joe Flacco days in Baltimore.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #150 on: December 10, 2018, 09:01:17 AM

Amari is worth 10 billion 1st round picks.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Did the Cowboys travel forward in time and win a playoff game or something?
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: December 10, 2018, 10:49:56 AM

It's been so long that I forgot what the playoff bubble brackets looked like.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #152 on: December 10, 2018, 11:23:33 AM

Hot garbage is what it looks like.  why so serious?

I'm not sure I can take any of those AFC teams seriously for a playoff run. The Ravens might actually win their division if Pittsburgh keeps shitting the bed, but I don't see any of those teams capable of making a run to push either Baltimore or Pittsburgh out of the playoffs altogether. The Titans and Colts are inconsistent as hell and Denver hasn't convinced me either. Miami is Miami.

In the NFC, the only team I take somewhat seriously is Carolina and they are inconsistent as well. The Eagles just keep losing winnable ball games. The Skins are relying on MARK FUCKING SANCHIZE.

What depresses me is that I didn't realize how close to the Packers the Giants have gotten. Holy shit, we are a garbage scow on a trainwreck.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: December 10, 2018, 11:27:57 AM

Also, fuck you unto death, New England. Serves you right getting beat on a gadget play.
I'm not even mad, that was a legit great play. NE should've had that game a few times over, but meh.

I take that back, I'm a bit mad. I've been trying to explain to the old lady why running down the clock is a good thing. She kept pestering me about it last night, I kept explaining over and over. Finally, Miami is put right where Belichick wants them and only win because of a miracle play. She bellows I TOLD YOU SO and now I'll never hear the end of it.

No matter how many times running the clock down sets up a win, she will always talk about that stupid lateral play by Miami.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #154 on: December 17, 2018, 11:19:39 AM

Dallas with a chance to clinch and we toss out the bagel.  Ohhhhh, I see.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #155 on: December 17, 2018, 11:55:10 AM

So the Browns are no longer the saddest sack team in the NFL. Arizona and Oakland are vying for that title, since the Browns are still technically in the playoff hunt. Pittsburgh saved their season, maybe, by beating New England and in the process probably made the rest of the NFL's day by making sure that New England doesn't get home field through the whole playoffs. If the AFC East wasn't a dumpster fire on a trainwreck, it might even have imperiled the Pats playoff chances but nah... Miami sucks and won't challenge them. The fact that New England is having trouble winning on the road makes me happy.

Every great team seems to be in self-destruct mode right now. The Rams and Chiefs both lose squeakers, though at least KC was competitive the whole game. It's a shame that the Chiefs will get bounced in the playoffs because their defense as a whole is trash. They have a good pass rush but that's it. They better be ready to score 30+ because their D will give up a guaranteed 24 against a good team. It's too bad that either the Steelers or the Ravens will make the playoffs - I'd love to see both of them sitting at home. The Ravens winning with Lamar Jackson makes me laugh my ass off, proving once again, you don't need an elite QB if your defense is good and you can run the ball. These great teams better get consistent again, quickly, because if LA plays like they have the last three games in the playoffs, they will not make it to the Super Bowl.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: December 17, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

You forgot Seattle deciding to try and set penalty records.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: December 17, 2018, 01:12:56 PM

Guys, tell me what I am supposed to be doing right now? I'm used to checking out of the NFL season around game 8 or 9. Is it always this cold out during games?  why so serious?

This whole Ravens QB thing should just drive the Kaep case full steam ahead.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #158 on: December 17, 2018, 02:58:19 PM

You guys are talking about the Ravens QB thing when you've got the Redskins to compare them to?  A friend of mine had just bought his brand new Mark Sanchez, only to immediately have to turn around and get Josh Johnson's.
WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: December 17, 2018, 03:47:43 PM

You forgot Seattle deciding to try and set penalty records.

They had a lot of help from the guys in the striped shirts. Seattle played poorly, but the referees were even worse. 5 holding calls on Seattle (most after big plays), while Jarran Reed was being held literally every single play on the other side with nary a flag. Call it close, fine. Just call it both ways.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 17, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

I get it. But 14? Holy sheet, man. Adjust.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: December 18, 2018, 08:20:04 AM

The only thing worse than Romo's diarrhea mouth this season has been the garbage officiating. They're calling it 'tighter' (but it usually goes one way and is often deciding the outcomes of games).

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/patriots-try-explain-season-high-14-penalties-vs-steelers-referee-said-theyre
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: December 31, 2018, 08:04:52 AM

Well god damn, Marvin Lewis got fired... hell is starting to freeze.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-fire-marvin-lewis-after-16-years-as-head-coach/

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #163 on: December 31, 2018, 09:29:39 AM

Either there was no buyout clause in his contract (and thus cheapass Mike Brown didn't have to pay anything to get rid of him) or they brought Hue Jackson back to replace him (for whatever idiotic reason). That team is never going to be good under the Brown family.

Tampa also let Koetter go, which should surprise no one, and the Jets fired Todd Bowles, which also should surprise no one. And the Packers are apparently erect about the idea of Josh McDaniels coaching Aaron Rodgers, because apparently they hate A-Aron and want to see him put up insane numbers before he is finally killed by a blocking scheme that could be generously described as "meh, whatever, he can still run around and improvise, right?"

EDIT: And in more non-shock news, Adam Gase (Dolphins), Vance Joseph (Broncos) and Steve Wilks (Cardinals) are also shitcanned. The only one that's moderately shocking is Wilks because they only gave him the one year but that team was fucking awful and whatever talent Josh Rosen may have was getting buried despite having a still-good Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson on the team.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:31:27 AM by HaemishM »

Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: December 31, 2018, 12:18:29 PM

Yeah, today is been a bit crazy in terms of coaching changes. Last count has:
Denver
Miami
Arizona
NYJets
Green Bay
Cleveland
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati

That's 2 divisions right there. ACK!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #165 on: December 31, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Two really shitty divisions.  why so serious?

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:45 PM

If Fitz and Winston weren't such TO machines Tampa Bay would have a great offense. I hope Jerry at least fires Linehan and gets Koetter (assuming no one hires him before Cowboys get bounced from the playoffs).
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #167 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:48 AM

My friend posted an updated photo that exemplifies the sadness of being a Redskins fan.

Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: January 03, 2019, 07:51:15 AM

awesome, for real

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #169 on: January 03, 2019, 08:29:55 AM

Dear God, why would you buy so many jerseys, especially of players like Beck or McCoy who will literally get a cup of coffee with a team before being sent on their way?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: January 03, 2019, 08:57:34 AM

Collectors are just organized hoarders.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: January 03, 2019, 12:14:36 PM

Damn, that's good.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: January 03, 2019, 02:39:21 PM

Its like seeing the failures of your life laid out in a row.

Hic sunt dracones.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: January 03, 2019, 10:46:48 PM

LOL a Sanchez Redskins jersey?  Why would they even produce one, are they legally obligated to or something? 

OTOH, it is ironically awesome and I kind of want one.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: January 04, 2019, 07:51:55 PM

You just order customized ones from unofficial sources in china.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2018: That's Not a Sack  
Jump to: