Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:31:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 103481 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #105 on: June 18, 2019, 10:27:45 AM

Looking forward to Trump visiting Poland some day and being given this as a State Gift.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #106 on: August 01, 2019, 07:31:05 AM

CMON scooped up the IP for a card game: https://cmon.com/news/cmon-announces-cyberpunk-2077-afterlife-the-card-game

Sorry, schild.
schild
Administrator

Reply #107 on: August 03, 2019, 10:50:06 AM

i don't know what you're sorry about, i don't really have fucks to give about licensed card games
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #108 on: August 04, 2019, 02:48:33 PM

The writers are not bad. I like most of Lang's stuff. And Chiarvesio, in spite of being Italian, made Kingsburg which is not terrible.

schild
Administrator

Reply #109 on: August 04, 2019, 03:30:06 PM

this has nothing to do with CMON or the designers, I just don't care about licenses in board games
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 04, 2019, 04:19:21 PM

Oh yes I agree. I have zero interest in this. I just meant that it's probably not gonna be terrible although almost certainly forgettable.

I am way more interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJML6ZpD_ZQ

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #111 on: August 05, 2019, 10:43:48 AM

Hard to get usable impressions from someone who has never played a tabletop game.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: August 08, 2019, 11:00:06 PM

Oh yes I agree. I have zero interest in this. I just meant that it's probably not gonna be terrible although almost certainly forgettable.

I am way more interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJML6ZpD_ZQ

Apparently they'll be releasing an actual 2077 tabletop RPG. I played the 2020 version a long, long time ago. I didn't enjoy it a lot but part of that was the GM. He was a friend of ours who made pregens and purposefully gave each of us characters that were way out of our comfort zones. My character was a mechanic, who talked a lot and was super social but didn't know the first thing about guns. At the time I was in my "mostly quiet gun-fu" phase for cyberpunk and modern style games. Anyway, I seem to remember not being super impressed with the ruleset mechanically either.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: August 08, 2019, 11:34:46 PM

I've been playing Shadowrun 5e over the last few years, and the newly-released 6e (and, honestly, Catalyst itself) is such a shitshow that most people are either sticking with 5e, or jumping ship to Cyberpunk RED. In fact, one of the SR communities I play in just did a playtest of the Jumpstart kit and it went really really well...

Of course this may all change when the core rulebook comes out, but (at least post-gencon) the hype is strong.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #114 on: August 09, 2019, 08:08:12 AM

I never played the Shadowrun tabletop RPG but didn't like the dice pool mechanics of it. I ran a Cyberpunk 2020 campaign for years with my buddies. The 2020 ruleset was decent - I liked that it was d10 instead of d6, but there were definitely some moments of my friends finding just super-maximized combos. My buddy ended up making a Prowler character that was more deadly than just about any Solo, so I ended up having to constantly put them in situations where his strengths were nullified (or just have them wake up naked). They all had fun with it but like most tabletop RPGs, even the best systems can be shit up by a dickhead GM or min-maxing rules lawyer players.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 29, 2019, 08:48:36 AM

CD Projekt Red can't win for losing. They got bitched at for their transgender ads in the games. So they decided to make the character creator more inclusive. Now, instead of a binary male/female choice you choose a body type and a voice. Needless to say right-wing gamers are losing their shit over it. "What? I guess now I can just pretend to be a woman so my character can walk into women's bathrooms" and such is what you'll see in sites that allow comments and/or on social media.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-drops-binary-malefemale-options-in-/1100-6469446/

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 29, 2019, 09:46:40 AM

Step 1: ignore comments and social media.

I'm serious. Don't give these fucking morons any attention.

(full disclosure: I think gendered bathrooms are a stupid idea and cringe that apparently it's the only thing stopping conservatives from raping women and girls)
schild
Administrator

Reply #117 on: August 29, 2019, 10:22:10 AM

Trump voters aren't going to buy the game anyway.
pants
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 01, 2019, 07:51:34 PM

You know the first thing that is going to happen in any cyberpunky world is some dude is going to get a vagina implanted in his arm so he can fuck himself, or something random like that.  So the whole idea of nonbinary genders does fit in with the genre.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 01, 2019, 11:02:01 PM

That last gameplay trailer was fucking rad.  April can't get here fast enough.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 01, 2019, 11:11:05 PM

That last gameplay trailer was fucking rad.  April can't get here fast enough.

For lazy ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FknHjl7eQ6o
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 02, 2019, 02:37:50 PM

Yeah, you already had my money, but please, take more of my money SOONER.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 02, 2019, 10:12:20 PM

This is going to require an Nvidia RTX 5000000080000000 isn't it?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #123 on: September 03, 2019, 04:43:35 PM

As good a reason as any to upgrade from my launch 980 GTX.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #124 on: September 03, 2019, 06:46:07 PM

This is going to require an Nvidia RTX 5000000080000000 isn't it?

Four of them, running parallel and eating all your standard slots plus an enclosure built specifically for one more.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #125 on: September 03, 2019, 09:15:05 PM

And external power sources, too, like the cancelled Voodoo5.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 04, 2019, 09:09:50 AM

The latest "controversy" is that cutscenes are almost entirely first person it seems. I don't understand why they have such a boner for pure first person in this game. While I think it's silly for people to be upset over it i do get the comments that go "so what's the point of the detailed character creator if I rarely see my character?" I'm not going to lie. I like designing my characters and have been known to choose armor/clothes for looks over stats from time to time.  If I have the option I always play 3rd person because I like seeing my character. Yeah, I'm that person. Sue me.

I think this game is going to be awesome but I do think CD Projekt needs to get a handle on what information is released and how it is released. We keep seeing developers make comments in interviews or on twitter that blows up. Also, and I hate to say it, but it feels like some games journalists have it in for this game for some reason. Like that Rock Paper Shotgun guy a few pages back. These guys fellate anything Rockstar does but they're going out of their way to find things wrong with this game and it's annoying.

lesion

Reply #127 on: September 04, 2019, 04:55:16 PM

It's like a space sim not having starview glamcam or whatever which is pretty easily changed (or modded...maybe? Bueller?). There also seemed to be an on-model preview for equipment so people can fashion it up. The ice bath scene was pretty fuckin' cool though. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

steam|a grue \[T]/
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 04, 2019, 05:37:37 PM

The latest "controversy" is that cutscenes are almost entirely first person it seems. I don't understand why they have such a boner for pure first person in this game. While I think it's silly for people to be upset over it i do get the comments that go "so what's the point of the detailed character creator if I rarely see my character?" I'm not going to lie. I like designing my characters and have been known to choose armor/clothes for looks over stats from time to time.  If I have the option I always play 3rd person because I like seeing my character. Yeah, I'm that person. Sue me.
I'm the complete opposite; I couldn't get into Witcher 3 because of the 3rd person camera plus janky movement controls. If I could have played in in first person with 1:1 movement I'm sure I would have loved it, so I'm glad they're going first person with this game.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #129 on: September 04, 2019, 08:01:11 PM

There are some scenes that need the cinematic feel that third person brings. There are others tat probably won't. If the game can make me feel like first person works, I'm there.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 05, 2019, 02:52:27 PM

I'm over first person for just about everything but minecraft (which has 3rd person as needed tho). It's just limiting and weird.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 06, 2019, 11:18:15 AM

Shooting feels so much better in first person though, always.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: September 06, 2019, 11:31:25 AM

Yeah, if the game is partly or mostly shooty, it has to be first person.  There are only really a few successful exceptions to this rule, no?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #133 on: September 06, 2019, 12:35:36 PM

Reticles are reticles, yo.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #134 on: September 06, 2019, 12:37:29 PM

Hmm...for run and gun gameplay not sure I agree.
schild
Administrator

Reply #135 on: September 06, 2019, 06:42:04 PM

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 07, 2019, 04:44:07 AM

Reticles are reticles, yo.

Not even a little.  But you know that already.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #137 on: September 07, 2019, 03:13:03 PM

I will concede this may be a personal preference. Games are great because in RL, guns don't have reticles and you almost always hit what the dot is on.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 09, 2019, 05:59:36 PM

I'm the complete opposite; I couldn't get into Witcher 3 because of the 3rd person camera plus janky movement controls. If I could have played in in first person with 1:1 movement I'm sure I would have loved it, so I'm glad they're going first person with this game.

This is me too.
WayAbvPar

Reply #139 on: September 11, 2019, 08:44:19 PM

Loved everything from the video except the narrator. He sucked deeply.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cyberpunk 2077  
Jump to: