Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: World of Warcraft Classic announced at Blizzcon 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Classic announced at Blizzcon 2017  (Read 50245 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: November 23, 2017, 10:17:05 PM

Long, chaotic vanila AV battles were my favorite part of the game.  If that's an option, I'd play.  2 hour battles in which Lok and Ivus are summoned?  I'm in.

I would subscribe for this.
Ditto.  Original AV was probably one of my most favorite things ever.

And I'll be there too, ignoring the battle and working on my fishing.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 23, 2017, 11:26:43 PM

or skinning.  Pretty sure I spent a good long time in there skinning wolves on my mage, for whatever reason.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: November 24, 2017, 04:51:11 PM

or skinning.  Pretty sure I spent a good long time in there skinning wolves on my mage, for whatever reason.

Because it was a super efficient means to get to 300 skinning if one of your toons got Finkle's Skinner off The Beast in UBRS, because you were now the Raid Skinner for skinning Onyxia's scales.  (at least that's how it went for me).
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #73 on: November 25, 2017, 03:49:31 AM

I'll definitely be snookered back for this until reality interferes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #74 on: November 25, 2017, 11:13:32 AM

The one thing I'll never understand a Vanilla purist defending is the fucked itemization of everything. You could leave in the jank, pidgeonhole talent trees, shit like tab-target-sunder spam for tanking, etc.

But why would you want like 95% of the gear to be garbage with a random smattering of stats? I'd say let Blizz redo set bonuses from Tier 0 and up and make all the loot not suck complete shit.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 28, 2017, 05:54:08 AM

Because they remember the one time they got one piece of gear that was good and they were better than everyone else. They looked at it all day long in town with the character portait open. And this time, THIS TIME, they will do better and have a thunderfury and everyone will like them now.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #76 on: January 05, 2018, 08:11:03 PM

The one thing I'll never understand a Vanilla purist defending is the fucked itemization of everything. You could leave in the jank, pidgeonhole talent trees, shit like tab-target-sunder spam for tanking, etc.

But why would you want like 95% of the gear to be garbage with a random smattering of stats? I'd say let Blizz redo set bonuses from Tier 0 and up and make all the loot not suck complete shit.

Set gear isn't the only gear in the game.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 06, 2018, 12:09:48 AM

Set gear isn't the only gear in the game.
Blasphemer!!

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #78 on: June 16, 2018, 08:17:10 AM

Looks like I was right: "Classic" experience will start with patch 1.12 (Drums of War) :

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-classic-will-be-built-on-the-112-drums-of-war-patch/

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 16, 2018, 05:56:44 PM

Have we any idea what the computer specifications will be? I'm hoping my wife can play on her very-much-non-gaming laptop.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 16, 2018, 06:55:36 PM

Looks like I was right: "Classic" experience will start with patch 1.12 (Drums of War) :

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warcraft-classic-will-be-built-on-the-112-drums-of-war-patch/
Well that certainly makes it easier for me to stay on the wagon.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #81 on: June 19, 2018, 06:46:23 AM

This post made me realize the game will be 14 years old in November. That's insane how long it's been going.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #82 on: June 19, 2018, 03:54:44 PM

What’s even more insane is that considering how successful it was, Blizzard hasn’t made another, newer MMO in that 14 years.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #83 on: June 19, 2018, 04:18:48 PM

What’s even more insane is that considering how successful it was, Blizzard hasn’t made another, newer MMO in that 14 years.
I'd have to dig through emails but I feel like they've scrapped one if not two. Hell maybe three.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #84 on: June 19, 2018, 05:07:27 PM

They scrapped Titan to make Overwatch, which seems to have been the right decision.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

This post made me realize the game will be 14 years old in November. That's insane how long it's been going.

ACK!

damn... time flies....

holy flying wombats... 14 years ?!?!?

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 08:05:15 PM

They will almost certainly make a WoW 2 when they feel they have well squeezed the last bit of blood from the stone.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 19, 2018, 10:58:20 PM

I'd have to dig through emails but I feel like they've scrapped one if not two. Hell maybe three.
Sure, but its just impressive they managed to fuck up so many potential MMO projects over the years when you'd think making another successful monthly subscription game to replace their massive cash cow would be priority number 1.

Mind you, the face of MMO's has changed drastically since WoW was originally introduced, and I don't expect them to try and make another traditional MMO per say.  But as WoW has fallen off, they really have to be missing that guaranteed monthly subscription income.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 06:31:43 AM

Well that certainly makes it easier for me to stay on the wagon.

I like the sound of vanilla WoW but I'm really no expert on the patches. Is Drums of War bad?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 06:35:57 AM

It was the final patch before Burning Crusade, so means every change since launch (But before BC) will be in.  Which I think is good?  I recall liking the various class overhauls a lot.  Not sure what the negatives would be.

-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 21, 2018, 07:29:50 AM

I was hoping for more of a progression experience, starting with 1.1 and then slowly patching in the class overhauls and extra content. Dumping everything in just means it will be easier to blow through everything and get tired of it all over again, instead of reliving the evolving vanilla patch lifecycle. The AQ event in particular will feel weird if it's just available Day 1, although I guess they might forgo it entirely and just have the gates open.

It's vaguely possible that they'll have the mechanics of 1.12 but keep certain zones/content locked and trickle them in slowly.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 21, 2018, 04:34:27 PM

That would've been interesting, but probably a lot more work for them. I imagine they will lock certain things the way private servers do. No Cenarion Circle Battlegear or Argent Dawn Armaments, no Dire Maul, and only MC/Onyxia available to start. I believe cross-server battlegrounds were in the game in 1.12 which they may or may not enable. 15 minute greater blessings for paladins make life a lot easier for them. I know some people have been saying that "no, I want it to punch me in the dick as much as possible like true vanilla" but I disagree. The QoL changes made from 1.0 to 1.12 didn't change the game fundamentally like dungeon finder or summoning stones. It's still vanilla, you still have to take boats/zeps and flight paths to get places, you still have no mount until 40, raids are still 40 people, rogues are still stunlocking people from 100-0, etc. Pretty much every class feels way better to play in 1.12 but they all still feel extremely distinct, which was one of my favorite parts of vanilla; how leveling a warrior vs leveling a mage almost felt like you were playing a whole different game, in complete contrast to current WoW where every class is homogeneous.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #92 on: June 22, 2018, 06:24:39 AM

can you fuckin imagine putting yourself through MC today

its a raid that was slapped together by physically exhausted teams desperately codging together generic pieces of caveInterior4 through caveInterior12
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #93 on: June 22, 2018, 07:43:25 AM

It's fucking long just soloing as 110, one-shotting everything. I did a nostalgia run on the Vanilla/BC/LK raids last month and they clearly got better over time.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 23, 2018, 02:28:20 AM

I’m finding it difficult to believe they’re going to go the garage and find the floppy disc that says 1.12 and throw it in the server.  I’ll bet there are going to be tweaks and surprises. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 02:30:44 AM by Crumbs »
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 23, 2018, 08:59:16 AM

Have fun grinding all that faction shit again.  Unless they decrease the time needed for that by .. 90%?  Faction grinds, trying to find those stupid rare recipes.  Go grind up some crusader drops!   
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 23, 2018, 09:43:27 AM

Dark Iron faction to make the Fire resist gear for Molten Core.

Onyxia scale cloaks.

Hell, the Molten Core attunement was pretty dick-punchy.

I had plenty of fun in Vanilla, but I think it was more the novelty of the experience plus the social aspects than the masochistic game mechanics.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #97 on: June 25, 2018, 09:54:04 AM

I’m finding it difficult to believe they’re going to go the garage and find the floppy disc that says 1.12 and throw it in the server.  I’ll bet there are going to be tweaks and surprises. 

'changed the thing that made windfuries proc off windfuries and occasionally subject a target to millions of damage in a single tick when the stars align'

'MY IMMERSION'
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 25, 2018, 10:28:28 AM

'changed the thing that made windfuries proc off windfuries and occasionally subject a target to millions of damage in a single tick when the stars align'

'MY IMMERSION'
Fixed a bug where an Enhancement Shaman accidentally killed another player in PVP.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 24, 2019, 11:31:11 PM

I got dragged into a group of people who want to do the reminiscing thing with this.
My biggest issue with this is (of course) the fucking people yelling on the forums and getting heard. All the hardcore assholes that want it "exactly like day 1" and then basically the same patches etc as after release. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT THAT?
Why are people insisting on having the shitty debuff limit that completely fucked warlocks the first few months of the game and getting it "patched" later when you can have this sensible change from the start?

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: April 25, 2019, 04:52:24 AM

'MY IMMERSION'
I wish I still had it, but I had a screen cap of my combat log from an old Scholomance run where the Warrior in my group meled a rat critter for like 25 or 30k damage.  Half a dozen recursive procs of windfury triggers sword spec triggers windfury triggers sword spec.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 25, 2019, 10:32:49 AM

I got dragged into a group of people who want to do the reminiscing thing with this.
My biggest issue with this is (of course) the fucking people yelling on the forums and getting heard. All the hardcore assholes that want it "exactly like day 1" and then basically the same patches etc as after release. WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT THAT?
Why are people insisting on having the shitty debuff limit that completely fucked warlocks the first few months of the game and getting it "patched" later when you can have this sensible change from the start?
Because a lot of the fun of nostalgia is experiencing the changes as we experienced them? I'm not really nostalgic for 1.12 era WoW but the vanilla WoW experience. The gradual introduction of raids, battlegrounds, etc. along with the class revamps is all part of the fun for me. As for actual gamebreaking bugs, I guess those should be fixed but I understand if they don't want to go back into old patches to patch things that they would have later patched. Given the choice between a fully patched 1.12 with modern conveniences and an as-it-was 1.0 being gradually patched up, I'd prefer the latter by far.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 26, 2019, 01:44:51 AM

Because a lot of the fun of nostalgia is experiencing the changes as we experienced them? I'm not really nostalgic for 1.12 era WoW but the vanilla WoW experience. The gradual introduction of raids, battlegrounds, etc. along with the class revamps is all part of the fun for me. As for actual gamebreaking bugs, I guess those should be fixed but I understand if they don't want to go back into old patches to patch things that they would have later patched. Given the choice between a fully patched 1.12 with modern conveniences and an as-it-was 1.0 being gradually patched up, I'd prefer the latter by far.

Gradual content - yes. And this seems to be Blizzard's intention.
Gradual balancing - no. There was a reason they had to rework half the classes on the way to 1.12.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: May 18, 2019, 08:16:31 AM

My wife has an older laptop that is not a gaming laptop, but assuming it can run it, how can I get her to play with me? I want a game we can play together.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #104 on: May 18, 2019, 09:10:53 AM

My wife has an older laptop that is not a gaming laptop, but assuming it can run it, how can I get her to play with me? I want a game we can play together.

Bribes and broken promises.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: World of Warcraft Classic announced at Blizzcon 2017  
Jump to: