Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017  (Read 121681 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: August 04, 2017, 09:20:44 AM

Plus, Harbaugh had proven he could win (albeit in college) as a head coach, whereas Kyle has been an OC that has bounced around several shitty teams and only has his dad's successes and Atlanta's run to the Super Bowl as evidence of his coaching skills.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #71 on: August 04, 2017, 10:35:06 AM

Plus, Harbaugh had proven he could win (albeit in college) as a head coach, whereas Kyle has been an OC that has bounced around several shitty teams and only has his dad's successes and Atlanta's run to the Super Bowl as evidence of his coaching skills.

And Atlanta's run is based on the biggest pile of flukey bullshit ever. They ran it up on teams with shit defenses, and played tight games to the finish with mediocre opponents. The difference in the end? They were healthy completely across the team, where teams like Seattle and Green Bay were shells of their former selves. When they got to Brady, it was only a matter of time until the soft underbelly of their terrible defense was exposed.

The hilarious thing is the entire city believes now they have the best roster in the league and can make it back to the Super Bowl. It's laughable. They are one offensive line injury away from complete disaster. They have ZERO depth, and they are fighting with one of their RBs over a contract. Matt Ryan has the absolute pinnacle best year of his career by a passer rating margin of 18 points. That shit is NOT REPEATABLE.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #72 on: August 28, 2017, 03:23:41 PM

So Deshone Kizer is now the Browns' starting QB, beating out Brock Osweiler despite going 6-18 in his last preseason game AND Osweiler getting paid what now looks to be insanely stupid money. Also, the Jets two project QB's can't beat out Josh "Just here to make up the numbers" McCown as a starter. Jets are definitely angling to draft a QB #1 next season.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #73 on: August 28, 2017, 05:09:47 PM

The amount of Browns' apologists who are backing Kizer as something different than the 27 other starting QBs is jaw dropping. After the whole mantra, sit him and let Kessler and Brock take the hits are now anointing this kid. Maybe I'm finally coming around to sensible fandom.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 28, 2017, 05:18:44 PM

Is there such a thing?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 28, 2017, 06:08:40 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure what is being seen in Kizer. Could he be good? Maybe, if he played for a more competent organization. But this is the Browns. I'll be amazed if we get more than 4 wins, and even more amazed if we don't fire our head coach at the end of the season.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #76 on: August 28, 2017, 06:17:34 PM

All those garbage time fantasy points, though!  Maybe he'll be this year's 2015 Blake Bortles.
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:15 PM

Every single excuse I've read about his shitty 3rd preseason game was blaming his receivers, claiming Elway and Manning were shitty their first years, and "he looked like a real QB, really handled himself."

I'm about as Brownsy of a fan as they come but I'm not going to be this stupid about it. These people are just silly... and Mary Kay Cabot has her stupid shit eating grin on because she's been writing about Kizer starting since he was drafted even after everyone was claiming he should sit for at least a year and learn the ropes... Guess this time (the 27th) will be different? I won't be convinced till he makes it to his contract year and is still playing.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 01, 2017, 02:56:47 PM

Saw this on twitter:

"By never playing a game, Brock Osweiler goes down as the greatest Browns quarterback in modern history." -sportspickle  why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #79 on: September 07, 2017, 12:16:44 PM

Pats vs. Chiefs opener? Can't say that gets me all jacked up. Seems like a bit of a mismatch to begin the season, as the line indicates.

Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 07, 2017, 12:52:01 PM

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 07, 2017, 10:42:42 PM

Pats vs. Chiefs opener? Can't say that gets me all jacked up. Seems like a bit of a mismatch to begin the season, as the line indicates.

No no, should be competitive.  Pats are going to regress a lot this year, based on the fact that Brady is my fantasy QB and also FUCK THE PATRIOTS.

It didn't really occur to me that deliberately going after Brady for my FF team meant I might have to root for him to put up a lot of points.  Bit of a quandary.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 07:24:22 AM

Well you were right, Pats really folded the tents late in the game. KC looked completely in control and the Pats defense is god-awful

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #83 on: September 08, 2017, 08:29:54 AM

Well you were right, Pats really folded the tents late in the game. KC looked completely in control and the Pats defense is god-awful

It didn't help that the Pats had little pass rush when Hightower was in there, and absolutely none when he got hurt. Also, someone juiced Alex Smith's arm and he torched the fuck out of New England's secondary.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 08, 2017, 08:38:00 AM

It didn't help that the Pats had little pass rush when Hightower was in there, and absolutely none when he got hurt. Also, someone juiced Alex Smith's arm and he torched the fuck out of New England's secondary.

I went to bed at the end of the third quarter good lord it looks like the chiefs really went to work in the fourth to finish the game off.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #85 on: September 08, 2017, 09:27:44 AM

Yeah, not only could the Pats get no pass rush, their defensive backfield looked a bit worn out. Plus, once the Pats went behind, the Chiefs actually started sending rushers after Brady and got to him. I don't know if the Pats O line was gassed, or just not prepared to block against more than a 3-man rush, but they got hammered. And the Pats went for it on 4th and 1 and got stuffed again, giving the Chiefs the ball back on their 40-something. At which point, Alex Smith torched them again. The only negative was that Eric Berry went down with an Achilles injury and he's probably done for the season.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: September 08, 2017, 09:32:39 AM

Best thing I've seen in a long time: With a few minutes to go in the game and the Chiefs offense on the field, Brady on the sidelines looking frustrated, dumbfounded and shellshocked. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #87 on: September 08, 2017, 10:01:12 AM

No no, should be competitive.  Pats are going to regress a lot this year, based on the fact that Brady is my fantasy QB and also FUCK THE PATRIOTS.

It didn't really occur to me that deliberately going after Brady for my FF team meant I might have to root for him to put up a lot of points.  Bit of a quandary.

This is only the second time I've ever had Brady on a team.  The last time I drafted him, he got injured in the first game and missed the season.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 08, 2017, 11:25:32 AM

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: September 08, 2017, 04:33:59 PM

538.com NFL predictions game

Probability-based predictions. Pretty cool. Jump in.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 09, 2017, 02:00:35 AM

I was more being snarky than actually making a prognostication.  But I'll take it!  Or not, seeing as Brady gave me 7 fantasy points.

Would any of us be surprised if they still manage to win 12 or 13?  I won't.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 09, 2017, 12:38:27 PM

Just a reminder that the last 3 times the Pats lost their season opener they won the superbowl.

Just sayin..:D

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 12:51:44 PM

Despite their shitting the bed against KC, I still don't think there's any team that's going to keep them from winning the Super Bowl this year. I will be glad to be proven wrong.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #93 on: September 10, 2017, 08:47:58 PM

Welp, the refs have finally atoned for the infamous Fail Mary play for the Seahawks against the Packers a few years ago. They straight up handed this game to the Packers. On one fucking play, they toss out a starting cornerback for getting hit in the face by Davonte Adams DURING THE PLAY, as well as cancel a pick 6 INT against Rodgers because someone touched the back of his jersey as he's running to stop the lineman taking his errant pass into the endzone. Later on, they let two Packers' DB's just fucking rape Jimmy Graham in the endzone without a flag. I'm a hardcore Packers fan and even I can admit the refs were paid in cheese curds. Packers defense did look good though, or at least, the Seahawks offensive line looked like complete and total dog shit.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 11, 2017, 01:01:53 AM

We consistently have no Oline. To suggest that one could drive a truck through our D, means that you're really saying a large company fleet of 1 ton dually trucks fully loaded in first gear without power steering would have no trouble making it past our line. And you'd be right.

That said, that was one of the shittier called games I've ever seen. Just consistently bad from start to finish, on both sides.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #95 on: September 11, 2017, 10:16:38 AM

In a league where O Line play is just consistently godawful, both games I watched yesterday managed to be EVEN GODAWFULER. The Seahawks are just goddamn horrible at blocking. They actually paid money for Luke Joke? Because he was a cruel cruel joke on Russell Wilson. Wilson looked good when he had time to breathe, which wasn't often and that Carson kid was pretty good too. But shit, you just can't block that badly and expect to score. To be fair, Green Bay's offensive line wasn't great - we let Josh Sitton and T.J. Lang go to division rivals this year and last, and for some reason thought signing Jahri Evans at guard was a good idea. He had at least 2 holding calls against him that I remember, mostly because he couldn't get off the line quicker than the Seattle D line and had to choke a motherfucker just to keep Rodgers from getting killed.

OTOH, I watched the Cowboys/Giants game, and that was both a cruel joke of offensive line play and TERRIBLE TERRIBLE playcalling. Why does Ben McAdoo have a job? This fucker's entire offense consists of throwing checkdowns. I think they had one pass the whole night that traveled more than 5 yards in the air. I get that it's not possible to toss it downfield every time when Eli Manning is getting collapsed on like a drunk sorority girl at a Roofie Party, but fuck's sake, at least try. Brandon Marshall was fairly wasted and he still have enough talent to stretch defenses. But I think literally every play in McAdoo's route tree has the second read being a 3-yard dunk pass to the running back or slot receiver even when the down and distance is like 3rd and 30 and they are down by 2 scores. The Giants defense is too good (at least on the line) to have to be on the field 45 minutes out of 60.

WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: September 11, 2017, 12:05:36 PM

Considering how terrible the O line was, and the fact that the refs basically took 14 points away, I am not completely unhappy with yesterday. Defense looked great, and bits of the offense was OK. Jimmy Graham was awful though...hope he picks it up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #97 on: September 11, 2017, 08:23:32 PM

So I saw the 'new team' in the booth as a promo during a pre season game on ESPN, Rex Ryan and some overcompensating woman. They were horrible, and the fiancee (new to football last year) was amazed how poorly they called the game.

I just turned on the ESPN game, realized they were calling it, couldn't last 5 minutes. Luckily, ESPN Espanol comes through and it's way more entertaining with Spanish commentators.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #98 on: September 12, 2017, 09:10:15 AM

Haem what do you want for one of Rodgers/Carr/Rivers?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: September 12, 2017, 09:51:48 AM

Rodgers is untouchable but I'll trade Rivers or Carr for a starting RB.

EDIT: As long as that back does not start for the Lions or the Saints. Those fuckers won't get shit for carries this year.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #100 on: September 12, 2017, 11:27:44 AM

Rodgers is untouchable but I'll trade Rivers or Carr for a starting RB.

EDIT: As long as that back does not start for the Lions or the Saints. Those fuckers won't get shit for carries this year.

Not even like Zeke or Odell for Rodgers?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #101 on: September 12, 2017, 12:05:14 PM

Two guys who will miss at least some time this year? Nope.  why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #102 on: September 12, 2017, 12:53:24 PM

Cowboys offense looked bad but the Giants can't find their dicks with both hands and I love watching OBJ look like a golden headed tard on the sidelines as their offense gets Eli-faced into the ground.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #103 on: September 12, 2017, 04:42:54 PM

Fuck you ESPN for dredging back up Hank Williams Jr.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #104 on: September 14, 2017, 08:54:29 PM

I watched that whole fucking game tonight and I can safely say it was just as bad as I thought it was going to be. You know how I can tell offensive lines in the NFL are 95% shit? Breno Giacomini gets a start at right tackle for Houston, who by the way, gave up 10 fucking sacks last week on the way to scoring only 7 points. I'm amazed to learn he was on the Seahawks Super Bowl winning team. He is an abjectly terrible tackle. And he has a starting spot. Now that may be because the Texans' normal left tackle is holding out, causing a reshuffle of guys. But still - this line is BAD. They also had 3 TE's go down with injuries before the game, meaning their only TE was a practice squad dude. They often played tonight with 6 and sometimes 7 offensive linemen. And they STILL couldn't stop the Bengals from getting to the QB with only 4 men. The only time this game was even remotely watchable was when O'Brien actually let Watson throw the fucking ball downfield which wasn't often. Both teams OC's should be fired into the sun, however. Neither side could figure out that running the ball on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 straight up the gut against two of the better D lines in football wasn't going to work, but they'd be damned if they weren't going to KEEP CHOPPING THAT WOOD. Watson has the excuse of being a rookie in his first start and he actually looked pretty poised - his TD run (the only TD of the game, BTW) was a thing of beauty, if you find a black man being chased by large men in white uniforms beautiful.  why so serious?

Andy Dalton, however, has no such excuse for being as bad as he is. And he is FUCKING AWFUL. His O line is also terrible, mainly because cheapass Mike Brown wouldn't resign two of their best O linemen. But all it takes for Andy Dalton to throw the ball away is for him to even get a hint that he might be pressured and that ball is GONE. 3rd down that you need badly because you are behind, out of timeouts and the clock is running? TOSS IT! 4th down at the last gasp? AIR BALL! With A.J. Green, Hill, Bernard and even Blonde Puncher Joe Mixon, plus this rookie wideout who looks pretty good, Erickson? He has no excuse to be this bad. His checkdowns to one of those backs alone ought to have gotten some first downs on 3rd and long but not when he throws it away like a scared little girl. 8 quarters and they still haven't scored a TD. I look for that streak to continue.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2017  
Jump to: