Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Useless Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Movies  (Read 29185 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #385 on: June 14, 2018, 07:53:43 PM

are you one of the korean war parents whose kid was taken back then?
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: June 15, 2018, 03:27:11 PM

I've been thinking about getting moviepass but I would probably need to get a pass for my wife, too, and then it starts getting into "do we have a babysitter lined up?"  My friends and my parents use it and they are happy with it.

Also, I don't have a smart phone, and isn't that a requirement?
Yes.  A smart phone is (essentially) a requirement.

If you get Moviepass, don't get it for your wife/family.  They'll give you free memberships to hand out for a while.

However, their customer service is useless.  They screwed up something for me and getting it fixed is a horrible joke.  Chat sessions with 30 minutes between replies from their customer service team - only to be told they need to escalate it, but escalating is impossible (huh?).  They offered free codes for IHeart Radio as part of a promotion and it looks like their codes are all invalid, but they won't admit it. 

If you get the service, use it a few times quickly to get your value out of it as I would not be surprised to see them go belly up at any time.  From what I've seen of their business plan, they collected $7.99 from me and have already paid out nearly $140.   

What can you tell me about gaming and fun in Charlotte, NC?
BobtheSomething
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: June 15, 2018, 11:04:06 PM

Some one who reads newspapers on the shitter, apparently.
[/quote]

Books.

I do have an iPad that my parents gave me for Christmas, that I didn't want, because they thought I should have one.  It only works on home Wi Fi, though, not on a data plan or whatever you call cellular connectivity. 

I don't want a smart phone because I don't want to end up like many of my family, staring at it all the time in public instead of interacting or paying attention to my child.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: July 23, 2018, 02:35:44 AM

"The Lobster".

This was a bad movie. No one should watch it. Why it was critically feted is beyond me.

Expect poison from the standing water.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #389 on: July 24, 2018, 12:27:31 AM

I got a smart phone for the first time only a couple of weeks ago.  The new house doesn't have copper (grrr) and Verizon wanted too much money for a phone so my sister MADE me get a smart phone.  I got a super cheap one.  It's too big for my hand.  I don't know where I left it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #390 on: August 24, 2018, 03:00:29 AM

Watched Meru for the second or third time tonight. Great documentary about three guys trying to do a first ascent of a little known but very technically difficult peak in the Himalayas.. If you are interested at all in big mountain climbing (and for some reason I am weirdly obsessed with this topic despite the fact that I have a hard time climbing a large flight of stairs) it is really good. Great story and beautiful film.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Useless Movies  
Jump to: