Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:07:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Useless Movies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Movies  (Read 168059 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: January 05, 2023, 11:51:24 AM

What a time to be alive.  I have been really curious who the rich dudes are that have gotten it up to $80k for shits and giggles (my personal "shits and giggles" limit was about $1k), because I can't imagine any of them are actually thinking they're going to be able to flip it to a bigger sucker the way the NFT marks do.  Was guessing that it was Hollywood types but wealthy game dev absolutely fits.

All proceeds are to charity, so a little more than "shits and giggles". 
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #491 on: January 05, 2023, 12:11:33 PM

Unless those high bidders were going to donate that much money to those charities anyway, what they're buying is shits and giggles, and the charitable contribution is just a side effect.  

Which I think is great.  Because if they were going to donate the money anyway then this silly stunt won't have resulted in any net good in the world other than getting rid of a bunch of copies of a bad movie.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: January 05, 2023, 01:12:32 PM

The Menu is now available to watch on HBO Max.

Thanks, this was fucking great.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #493 on: January 06, 2023, 11:18:54 AM

Wtf is that, I wouldn't plate something like that on a Thursday night at my house.

Also, pro-tip for cooks, get a Thermoworks Thermapen. No reason to guess where your temps are. Not cheap, but my only regret is not buying it years ago (and wasting money on cheaper thermos). After my cast iron pan and chef knife, it's #3 most important tool in my kitchen.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #494 on: January 06, 2023, 01:00:27 PM

ThermoPro is a good budget alternative to the Thermapen. Also Thermapen has a new fancy schmancy updated model the "ONE" if the difference between a 3 second reading and a 1 second reading is a matter of life or death, or your fish being overcooked, and you have the money for it.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #495 on: January 06, 2023, 01:24:25 PM

Wtf is that, I wouldn't plate something like that on a Thursday night at my house.

Watch the movie.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #496 on: January 22, 2023, 03:25:50 AM

There’s a French version of One Cut of the Dead called Final Cut that  is both a remake and an in-universe sequel.  As a fan of the original I found it very entertaining.  Like the original, I think it’s better to see it blind (but crucially, having seen the original One Cut first, because I think the giant meta joke they’re pulling works much better that way) so you can start off being utterly confused.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #497 on: January 22, 2023, 08:26:40 PM

There’s a French version of One Cut of the Dead called Final Cut that  is both a remake and an in-universe sequel.  As a fan of the original I found it very entertaining.  Like the original, I think it’s better to see it blind (but crucially, having seen the original One Cut first, because I think the giant meta joke they’re pulling works much better that way) so you can start off being utterly confused.

I might check it out at some point. I loved the original, but then when I watched One Cut of the Dead in Hollywood it felt like the idea had already kinda run its course.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: January 28, 2023, 03:16:23 PM

The banshees of inisherin is not McDonagh's best movie. Probably a clear worst movie for my taste. Still has some very good moments and some funny bits, but doesn't really become anything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 03:59:14 AM by lamaros »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #499 on: January 28, 2023, 06:25:47 PM

I'd say it's his second best movie.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #500 on: January 28, 2023, 06:55:44 PM

Of the 3 I've seen (Banshees, In Bruges and Three Billboards), I'd rate it second myself.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: January 29, 2023, 03:58:54 AM

Of the 3 I've seen (Banshees, In Bruges and Three Billboards), I'd rate it second myself.

I'd put it below In Bruges and also Seven Psychopaths. About the same at 3 Billboards.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #502 on: February 13, 2023, 10:36:10 AM

Over the last 2 days, I watched Hereditary and Midsommar back to back. I guess I'm an Ari Aster fan now; both of these were great. Anything similar that I should watch? I've liked Eggers stuff as well. Just as a note: not really a fan of extreme gore and/or torture.

-Rasix
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #503 on: March 08, 2023, 08:34:01 AM

I just finished Banshees of Inisherin and would say it's one of the better horror movies I've seen recently.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: March 27, 2023, 05:27:00 PM

Um, the Puss in Boots: Last Wish movie is...really goddamn great. I am stunned.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #505 on: April 07, 2023, 06:50:00 AM

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films

Three new movies announced. Filoni being Filoni, some dawn of the Jedi thing that will likely piss off a lot of fans, and the Ms Marvel director on the (imo) worst of the lot:

Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy’s film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

ohno

I'm in the middle of the latest Thrawn trilogy by Zahn right now and dammit if someone couldn't just make a Sherlock-like Thrawn series/movie trilogy.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #506 on: May 22, 2023, 10:46:29 PM

Evil Dead Rise: not bad.  I might have actually liked it better if I weren't comparing it to the Raimi films.  These newer Evil Dead movies just don't capture the "fun" of the old ones, but I do admire the effort.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #507 on: January 16, 2024, 12:53:28 PM

Saltburn is a hell of a ride if you can manage to watch it without having been spoilered first.  I don't think I'll ever want to go back and rewatch it knowing the plot in advance, though, which feels like a flaw.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Useless Movies  
Jump to: