Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:37:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 124850 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 07:02:37 AM

Hell, I can't find a fifth guy for my dark side team. It's getting tough to do the hard mode regular missions with 20% less firepower. This game is certainly not aimed at folks like me! I don't really see a way to get another character without buying something, which ain't gonna happen.

Mostly just doing this game when Avengers is on cool down.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 08:53:26 AM

I'd like to imagine they're making way for new heroes from Rogue One (although it seems early for that)

More likely the money stream has started slowing-down already so they're looking for revenue pumps. People have caught-on that Chromium Cards are a loser game when chasing powerful heroes. Buying shards directly will get them buying crystals instead of abandoning the app or rolling multiple alt-accounts to chase Rey, Maul, or the like.

Still no 7-star so I can't see the shard shop, what do you buy shards with? Crystals like the shipment store?

Well, yeah, probably.  There are also plenty of other current characters they can release.

The shard shop is a huge cock punch.  It has its own currency, which you earn solely by cashing in extra shards for the characters you already have at 7 stars.  The rate of exchange is the problem.  Something like 7 to 1 or something when you do all the math, so basically it is only worth it if you happen to earn extra shards (as opposed to farming them on purpose for your 7 star characters).  That said, I am half tempted to farm some to move my Vader up to 5 stars....though only if I run out of things to spend my Galactic War currency on, which doesn't seem likely now that they opened up Cad Bane.  You can get General Grievous in the Shard Shop for like 20,000 SS currency, for example.  I think that comes out to something like 1200 shards from a 7 character.  Ouch.

Sky, you can go a long way in this game without spending money.  I have 33 characters, most of which are above 4 stars, and I have spent nothing.  Unless you meant it from a time perspective, that's another story.  That 5th Dark Side guy is a bitch, but once you get it you will start getting yourself over the hump.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 11:36:55 AM

Cantina battles are your friend.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 11:44:36 AM

Yeah, that.  In fact, you can just sim the very first battle quite a bit and level up a Geonosian pretty damn quick.  Plus all the cantina currency you get.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 03:32:57 PM

Also, not sure if you folks are aware, but you get rewards for signing in on an Android device, as well as signing in on a Samsung. Sure there's something for Apple, so if you have a pal with multiple brands, try downloading and signing in on that shit. It's not small by any means.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 23, 2016, 09:18:06 PM

Just started playing over the weekend, wifey is so very glad i've found another time-waster to occupy her iPad.

914-385-942
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:18 AM

Just hit 41. Still prefer the actual gameplay and mechanics of Avengers 2 but this one is ok.

Have a decent lowbie/free team going of Chewie/Imperial Guard/Talia/IG-86/Jedi Consular. A little slow, but I prefer a tankier style overall in most games. I had the jawa in for more dps but found that with Chewie and the IG tanking was helped by the tag-team heals of Talia with the JC. So it's a tank/heal ping-pong tag team dynamo with IG-86's crit-happy help. Most key skills at level 3 (makes a huge difference, especially for the tanks), gear at V. Cruising pretty easily through Galactic War currently.

I literally just unlocked Asajj but not sure where to fit her into the lineup since it works so well together.  Wondering if I should've done Phasma, I enjoy her extra attack stuff (thanks, Merusk!). Working to Luminara in GW.

edit: oh, and as usual fuck the RNG. Two chromium thingies and BOTH WERE THE STUPID EWOK SCOUT. I loathe and refuse to use ewoks (even that pita ressing one). Gems are so slow.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:13:07 AM by Sky »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #42 on: May 24, 2016, 09:44:55 AM

My Phasma rocks, you're welcome to use her whenever! Saves the trouble of having to level her yourself, right? :D

I think you'll want to swap Asajj for the Jawa eventually. The little guy's awesome but his HPs just don't scale as well it seems. With no self-heal he winds up dead pretty quick. (Although, I'm at 60 and stopped trying to raise/ equip more than 5 characters a while ago.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 24, 2016, 09:53:27 AM

No, he's on the bench for the neutral team now. He's still on the light side team, though.

Asajj displaced the Geonosian dude on the dark side team. Also nice to have a third for the healer/support challenges, now I can actually complete one.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 24, 2016, 10:36:00 PM

The thing about Asajj is that she is slower than shit.  She needs to be on a team where she can survive long enough to get a couple of turns in.  Over time, she probably does less actual DPS than a lot of other heavy hitters, but her survivability is great due to the vampire healing and if she is still alive towards the end of the fight then you are usually in good shape.  I used to think that her heal was a waste of a skill, but it turns out it is a great debuff...it will remove all the enemy team's buffs, which can be all the difference in some situations (like if you need to get rid of a taunt, Yoda buffs or Lumi heals).  The heal itself is not even needed, usually.  The other thing you may have noticed is that her AOE attack, if you kill at least one of the enemy team when you use it, will reset it's cooldown.  Not a big deal for PvP, but can be a big difference maker in GW if you can keep popping it over an over.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 05:39:40 AM

These fucking events. First Yoda requires 5 Jedi; I get enough shards for my fifth the day after the event ends... and now I need 3 droids for the Jawa event. I have one. Ugh.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 07:20:46 AM

The thing about Asajj is that she is slower than shit.  She needs to be on a team where she can survive long enough to get a couple of turns in.  Over time, she probably does less actual DPS than a lot of other heavy hitters, but her survivability is great due to the vampire healing and if she is still alive towards the end of the fight then you are usually in good shape.  I used to think that her heal was a waste of a skill, but it turns out it is a great debuff...it will remove all the enemy team's buffs, which can be all the difference in some situations (like if you need to get rid of a taunt, Yoda buffs or Lumi heals).  The heal itself is not even needed, usually.  The other thing you may have noticed is that her AOE attack, if you kill at least one of the enemy team when you use it, will reset it's cooldown.  Not a big deal for PvP, but can be a big difference maker in GW if you can keep popping it over an over.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever used it as a heal, but it's key to popping teams set up like mine with  tag-team heals and tanks. Otherwise it's almost always a draw in the Arena as the tanks ping pong aggro (Chewie taunts until he gets to half health, which kicks in IG's taunt, then Chewie can self-heal, when Chewie's taunt comes up again the IG heals from Chewie getting hit. JC and Talia's heals are almost always up when I need them (though I do pick my battles in Arena!).

I've dumped IG-86 and brought Asajj onto the team. She just fits better with that slow, tanky format and her debuff is the big value-add. It's a dps loss, so for fast burn situations it's less than optimal.

Also, her stuns complement the IG's. Stuns are so awesome.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 26, 2016, 05:35:45 PM

Qui gon is shit. Nice effect, but he dies so fucking quickly, he's just not worth having on your front line.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #48 on: May 26, 2016, 10:30:01 PM

That's sad. He seems like a nice character to have, on paper.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:17 PM

Uh, Qui-Gon is straight-up awesome.  Put him in a lead role with a few other Jedi with +25 speed for all of them and then tell me he is shit.  His Harmonious Assault special is one of the best attacks in the game, and he also has a debuff attack to nullify tanks.  Both of which cooldown very quickly.  Most people would say he is OP.  If he seems bad in the early going, that is probably only because the team around him isn't strong enough to take advantage.  You want to pair him with A) other Jedi and B) characters with very high damage. 

There is a caveat, though...because of the shit AI, you don't want to leave him as your lead on your Squad Arena team while you are offline.  The AI does not know how to use him, so it will lead to you getting your ass kicked in PvP when your squad is the defending squad.  I have found out recently that putting Luminara as my Lead - which gives me a weaker attacking team overall - is actually way better for when my AI squad is on the defensive.  Now I don't drop as far in the rankings when offline.

In short, stick with him. 

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 01:39:01 AM

Oh I'm well aware on how to use him. It appears that unless you have him starred to fuck and back that he gets primaried nice and early and eats shit against tougher teams. I'm carrying an Imp Guard to absorb damage when somebody gets too low, and he doesn't even get to trigger because ol QG eats shit. It's possible I'm attacking out of my range, but it doesn't feel like it. Usually other team Luminara whaps him one, then he gets shredded by either a Luke or some paired combo. He's been the weak link in my team, and it's frustrating me.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 11:17:02 AM

But who else are you running with him?  He works best as an alpha strike.  I wouldn't run him with even one tank if I could avoid it, unless it was a high level Mace Windu.  The whole point of QGJ is to make sure the fight is won before the other team even gets a turn. 

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

Huh. Well maybe I'll run Eeth Koth instead of IG and see what happens. Got Lumi, Aayla, QG, and Ol Ben. Mebbe try a run with Kit Fisto or Eeth, see how it goes.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 11:16:27 PM

If you put him in Lead, you would certainly have a fast team with all those other Jedi, assuming you have his leader ability unlocked.  But I can see that you don't really have any big DPS characters, so it probably won't be taking full advantage.  I was spoiled a bit in getting Darth Maul early, and have always had at least a couple of other high damage characters to pair with QGJ.  There's nothing quite like opening up with Ashoka getting a first hit (she is basically always first) for 4k, have QGJ go next for 3k and get another free shot with Ashoka that then crits for 7 or 8k.  Next turn is Luminara for 3 or 4k.  I can pull this kind of salvo off almost every time before the other team even gets a turn.  It doesn't always all hit, but at worst it means the other team is in deep shit already. 

Your team is more of a utility/support/control team, so I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't be able to use him the same way. 

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 29, 2016, 04:10:38 PM

Grabbed this a little while ago... running around at level 42.

Ally code 329-266-274
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:14 AM

Found Maul! Whoop whoop!

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 16, 2016, 02:46:17 PM

Love my clone army... wish there were 5 of them.  That would be ouchy.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 07:26:17 AM

Why is everyone the game gives me as an ally really terrible? I almost never see an ally at my level (54 currently) that's over 2k (usually sidious if over 2k) and my crew is mostly 3k with a couple 2.5k stragglers (damned imperial guard).

You guys seem to be giving me good ally characters (was really awesome as a lowbie!), and I do get my tail whipped pretty good in the arena now (just trying to keep a spot under 1k for the 400/day reward).

Game is soooo grindy. Good for the can, but not a great game. Still like Alliance 2 for the combat and UI :) If you guys like this kind of game, give that one a shot.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #58 on: June 17, 2016, 09:22:51 AM

Rey is just absurd damage.  Combine her with Qui-Gon and you've got some ridiculous alpha strike potential.

Grinding up gear in this game is a awful compared to other entries in this genre.  It's compounded that you don't get any freebies with the galactic march, where you logically could do this.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 17, 2016, 09:57:43 AM

I'm hitting a nexus where it's slowing me down for the gear side, where I'm starting to need purples that are at teh edge of what my team can do in light/dark battles...in multiple of 20...for subcomponents. I'm sure it gets worse, but the game has more or less ground to a halt for me this last week, just pure grinding teh few things I can do.

I started playing this when Alliance 2 hit a similar point. They just put up the new batch of content and did some rebalancing (particularly one grind that made me take a break from it).

I'm still mostly doing the turtle style, which doesn't work well with the arena's timer, I'm starting to time out a bit more. Any turtle I meet guarantees a timeout, I avoid a Chewie/Imperial Guard team like mine. Only have Asajj for decent dps. Current arena team is 5* Asajj, 5* Talia, 5* Chewie, 4* Lumi, 3* Imperial Guard (he's starting to take bigger shots as his stats fall behind, only 1 hard battle to farm him makes it slooow, but I love his abilities.

Is there even a reason for a tank who can't taunt? I don't really understand the Jedi Knight Guardian, for instance.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 02:33:00 PM

My Asaj is my highest-geared character and she's only VI. Same problem with the 20+ components. I just shrug at this point, it is what it is. I don't know how many gear levels there are but i'm not concerned enough to find out or pay to play up.

I entertain myself by doing the daily chores and hunting after shards. It's a slow-burn game that lets me waste time on the jon and that's about it.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 02:45:02 PM

Buy everything coin in the shop, every time. Your 20s will just magically appear. I ignore gem purchases.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 09:12:19 PM

Yeah, I've been doing the coin items in the shop for a while now. Still saving for the 8x chromium, takes sooo long, though I think I broke down and bought a gem item in teh shop that slowed me down a bit.

Current gear included stats at lvl 54:

Asajj 3536 5* gear VII
Talia 3232 5* gear VI (2 slots left to VII)
Clone Wars Chewie 3043 5* gear VI
Lumi 3021 4* gear VI (one slot left, she's pretty new so quick to gear/star up)
Jedi Consular 2497 4* gear V (one slot left to VI)
Royal Guard 2478 3* gear VI

Those are my mains for neutral teams, JC usually sits it out since he was quickly surpassed by Lumi. I try to space out Chewie's taunt around the RG's auto-taunt, dps with Asajj and share heals between Talia and Lumi (who both have decent dps for my team, Talia is almost always #2). I wish I could level up RG faster, he's a beast of a safety net with reliable stuns, taunts when a teammate is dropped to 50%, and heals when teammates are hit, plus defensive buffs.

Faction teams are a little slow, going to bring on Old Daka for heals on the dark side team in a few days, hopefully can start progressing on those missions again. Jedi Knight Guardian starting to slow me down on that side, going to need a new light side soon as I don't want to level up a crappy generic character. Would really like to add Barriss.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 19, 2016, 11:03:13 PM

Were I you, I'd get rid of Talia ASAP.  Other than for Agility challenges, she's just a stop-gap and probably not worth the resources you have to spend to level her up.  Not to put too fine a point on it, but she basically sucks and her DPS is downright terrible.  With all that taunting you are doing, surely you could squeeze in a glass cannon in that lineup.  Something like Rey or Ahsoka.  IG-86 would work okay as well.  Or if you want to go full on annoying turtle, get Fives.

Which also answers your earlier question...there are a few tanks out there that do not taunt yet are still useful.  Fives has great counter ability and a decent assist-calling special.  Some people say that later on he gets ridiculously powerful and will counter you to death.  He is often the last man standing...I leave him until last whenever I see him, because he has awesome defense and those counters will just ruin you until you have him singled out.  Mace Windu is another "tank" who is useful.  He has a nice buff removing special, and does excellent damage in general.  Fives is probably more useful, but I grabbed Mace for whenever I want a Jedi in that spot for the synergies with other Jedi.  The only other tank I have is MagnaGuard (IG-100), and I'd say he is only a novelty...I got him on a drop and got him up to six stars, but I don't really need him.  I have heard one of the Ewoks (Teebo?) is basically like cheat mode in some teams, but I do not have him.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 20, 2016, 06:51:20 AM

Her dps is 2nd best on my team :p but I like her because she's durable with her self-heal on her basic attack (basically she and Asajj never go down until the end) and her ability to be a backup healer. I'd dump her for Barriss, probably. Main problem with glass cannons is they're still going down, especially right now I'm against those big robots with a zillion counterattacks and Dooku. One (of many) thing I like more about Alliance 2 is that most characters have a passive they can use and still be beneficial when up against a counterattacker (Spidey, damn you! Otoh, my team is built as a counter team in that game...).

For buff removal, I've been using Asajj's heal, but that does take away a turn of my current best DPS. I usually open by burning down healers and using Asajj to remove any opening taunts.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 08:03:03 AM

Well, 2nd best on your team full of tanks and healers  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pretty sure you would love Ashoka on that team waaaaaaay more than Talia.  Comparable or even better damage than Asajj, great speed, crazy good self heal, a situational team-heal that also does like a trillion damage at the same time, great defense.  I might be nuts, but I think she might also get the Nightsister speed bonus from Asajj, even though that makes no actual sense.  She is basically completely OP, and probably the one character who literally never comes off my PvP team.  Her and QGJ, but even he is expendable. 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 20, 2016, 08:53:34 AM

Ok, I'll look into acquiring her. I was thinking of who to cash in for other than Asajj, since she's slowly inching up toward 6 stars right now.

And I just gear VII'd Lumi, which bumped her rating up over Talia and her damage was higher despite needing to fire off a heal in the most recent whipping by the Rancor. Being in a guild that's all 10-20 levels higher means I contribute (and receive) almost nothing from those raids  why so serious?

Daka should be unlocked in a day or two, was looking from someone to pull from Cantina who could bolster my dark side team. When I started working toward her, my idea was filling the slot the Consular was filling on my neutral team, but Lumi did that spectacularly.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 20, 2016, 11:48:36 AM

Lumi is the best overall healer, especially if you have her in lead spot.

Anyway, Ahsoka is Cantina while Asajj is Squad, so you can easily do both at the same time.  Getting Asajj to 7 stars is a fine idea anyway, moreso when you don't have other DPS.  Either that or go after Sidious, but I prefer Asajj first.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 20, 2016, 11:51:30 AM

She was already my best damage and with skills sunday challenge rewards, would you like to upgrade her main nuke 15% damage, why yes I would and thank you.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 21, 2016, 04:21:33 PM

I got posilutely rocked by an all ewok team. Between the elders heals and ressing, and the stealthing they could do, and the silly speed boost, I didn't get to take down a single one. Utterly wrecked.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: