Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:07:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 124826 times)
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

on: May 01, 2016, 08:57:25 PM

Nice free to play card collector.

Has an energy based system, but there are two types of energy used at two different places, so you don't feel held back.
There's a Galactic War table, where you pit your team against a chain of other players decks. Someone dies, they're out the rest of the chain.
They just introduced raid type content, I'm in a shitty guild so I haven't seen it yet. Pretty sure the leaders are clueless.

Waited awhile to post this before I was in a ways to see how it really fleshes out. It's not grindy, All characters are semi valuable, and different abilities are abundant enough to keep interest.

Good stuff.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:38:12 AM

I've been playing this for about two weeks now. It's addictive fun and boring at the same time. Very weird space to be in, but for a mobile game it's pretty good and you don't have to dump a ton of money into it.

I find the daily chores to be a bit of a grind, but Sim tickets resolve a lot of that (until you run out.)  The hard/ grindy part REALLY starts to kick-in when you want to upgrade your character's star rating and skills, though. Shards aren't common (I'm only 52, maybe this changes) and skills shards are best farmed on challenge days.

It's annoying but at the same time keeps me from being burnt-out on the game by charging up a ladder in 2-3 days and then deciding I'm done with it.

I splurged about $75 into the game and lucked out immensely on character drops. I got Assaj, Rey, and Bariss who are a phenominal team when combined with Chewie and the Jedi Counselor you get to start with. I recently blew free shards on a chromium card and fucking aced by getting Maul. Upon unlock they offered me a "one time upgrade" to my current level, gear level V and 4-stars for $15. It was a no-brainer as I'd allied with him a few times. He destroys shit regularly. If I keep him and Rey alive it's game-over after the first opponent death.

I just unlocked Phasma via GW shards yesterday and she's pretty great. All the reddit guides I read said unlock Luminara first, but with Bariss and the JC I think I'm ok to go with her. Nice buffs/ debuffs and a fun all-around character. I'm going to take her to 7-stars via GW currency (since the GW was double-drops yesterday for the May 4th event.)

I'm in the same space as you with guilds. Mine's at least quasi-active but there's only 19/ 50 people. We haven't been able to farm-up enough shards to run a single raid yet, so I may just dump them and find one that's more active. Haven't decided at all on that, but considering I only run the dailies and farm a few hours on weekends, I shouldn't be in the top 5 contributors to coins produced, but I am.

If you want to Ally, my code is 353-974-896  - Can you even manage what ally you share? I haven't found a spot to do so yet.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:25:20 PM

I don't know that you can. Seems like it may be dependent on what crew you roll with. As in, it won't let you pick a Chewie if you have one in your squad. I see my allies having different loaner units all the time, so I believe it may be limited to characters with leader ability unlocked and whatever you have in your leader position. Enigmatic.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:39 PM

Also, I'm 297124959. Feel free for anyone playing.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 02:36:06 PM

The mechanics are mostly a copy and paste from Heroes Charge, just with a LOT more polish. That's not a bad thing, that game was a blast for a couple of months, before it got REALLY grindy.

Currently in and L15 and having enough fun.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:00:04 PM

This is one of the most addictive games I have ever played.  And while I have been tempted several times to drop money on it, I have managed to avoid it so far.  You can do pretty well without spending money, which is nice.  I can't remember all the characters I have, but here's a quicky:

7 Stars:  Luminaya, IG-86, Asajj Ventress, Ashoka Tano.  These are all awesome. 

6 Stars:  Darth Sidious, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Counselor, IG-100 MagnaGuard, Biggs Darklighter, Eeth Koth.  Qui-Gon is the motherfucking bomb even at 6 stars.  Sidious is pretty good (super annoying to fight against), and MagnaGuard gets more fun the higher up he goes.  Biggs is a waste of sperm.

Other 4 or 5 stars:  I also got lucky and got a Darth Maul drop, and he tears Jedi apart.  He cannot really be leveled up to 5 stars though, which means he sometimes has to get swapped out.  Dooku at 5 stars is pretty fun, and he is probably the most annoying one to fight against in the game along with Sidious.  Ima-Gun Di is fun at 4 stars if you can put together a Jedi counter-attack squad.  Darth Vader at 4 stars is also good in certain situations, but he is also impossible to level up.  I also have a 5 star Yoda, but he is more like a fun novelty.

My best team tends to be Qui-Gon as lead, then Luminaya, IG-86 (he hits so damn hard), Ventress and then either Maul or Ashoka depending on who I am fighting against.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 11:03:24 PM

I'm a lowbie. My pvp loadout is Cad Bane for pesky Jedi, Chewie as damage soak, Imperial Guard as panic protector, Luminara for ability block and Jedi Consular for backup heals. Kind of tankish, but there doesn't really seem to be a team at my level I can't beat. Which is also to say, I'm sure I get pounded from the other side as the AI is crap. :D

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 04:15:19 AM

The rancor battle is a giant dick punch if you don't have leveled troop across the board.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 04:54:20 AM

Still haven't seen it. I really need to think about dumping this guild.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 08:36:22 AM

It's a dick punch even with 2 or 3 decent squads.  I think they need to make some tweaks to make it more fun.  I manage top score in the top 3 or 4 every time in my guild, but I feel like I am getting smashed.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 05:28:34 PM

I think part of it is the limitations of the game mechanics. When each character only has 2-3 abilities and can't move, you can't get all that creative with Raid Boss encounters other than producing some high-hp meatsack that you have to grind down.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 12:31:31 AM

While that's true, I think the real problem here is both that the Leader abilities do no work against the Rancor phases (bug or not?), but even more because states are mostly taken out of it.  The Rancor will put both healing blocks and stuns on you like crazy, plus he bellows and removes all positive effects from you pretty much every turn.  Almost all positive states you would normally want to use are close to worthless....they either flat out do not work, or he will remove them anyway.  And meanwhile, you cannot apply any meaningful states on the Rancor.  The result is that this shit both takes too long, and is not a ton a fun either. 

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 09, 2016, 09:43:47 AM

Started playing this over the weekend; I loved Heroes Charge so the added polish plus Star Wars makes for a fun time. One thing I don't see in the shop is the "Get X Gems/day" which is almost always a great deal; as a result I haven't spent any cash yet. It also kills my phone's battery pretty fast, which is as much my phone's fault as the game's (my Note 3 is getting long in the tooth). It plays fine on our shitty work Wifi though, which is a huge selling point.

I haven't found anyone cool yet; I have Chewy, a bunch of generic mooks, and some girl named Talia whom I've never heard of. I don't really wanna have to pay just to get someone cool.

My code is 396-821-415.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 09, 2016, 12:15:01 PM

You really don't have to pay to get someone cool. Keep doing the dailies, wait on spending gems till you get enough for the 8 card chromium pack. You'll get cool guys, guaranteed. I spent ten bucks during their May the 4th thing, but other than that, I'm a cheap ass. Top tier folks are paying, of course, but I'm seriously enjoying this game at the level I am.

I see you're late 20's, you'll start rocking the fun folks about late 30s. Push the normal quest as far as you can, then work the hard sides for shards. Once you've maxed out as far as you can go, work on equipping items for awhile. Use the shit out of those sim tickets on your cantina missions, because you can use your uber PVP squad there to push pretty far, but the later battles take a shit ton of time. Ain't nobody got time for that. I pushed for Kenobi, and so far, he's pretty great. Beat up the Galactic war. It'll help get you more characters.

See yas in game!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: May 09, 2016, 07:11:55 PM

Galactic War characters are the easiest to unlock if you can get to the rewards, which I understand is hard if you don't gind for SOME more characters or buy them straight off the bat. This mode made Phasma the easiest free pickup for me.  She unlocked at 3 stars and I've already got her to 4, and I'm only 20 shards shy of having her at 5. ( I used my PVP-purple-shards to unlock the purchase several times during the May 4th 2x rewards events)

Squad Arena are the 2nd easiest to redeem. I unlocked Akbar but think I should have starred Asajj instead. She's proven excellent if you don't have a strong attacker. Savage looks like he'd be strong based on the AI battles I've had with him, but he does self-harm so he needs a healer as backup. Asajj heals herself, which makes her stronger in my book.

Next tier is getting shards via. the squad cantina battles. Takes a while to build-up the red coins to buy shards. - I'd go with Ashoka or Fett here.

Then the Light Side/ Dark Side battles. Very random on the Hard-level shard drops. I've been using this for raising up the Jedi Consular. He's an excellent healer and he's got 4 or 5 nodes at the < Level 5 paths, meaning you're going to win more shards over time. I've got him up to 4-stars now and 28/65 for the 5th. It's going to be a long slog to 7-stars.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:26 AM

Kenobi is a badass. Aside from being fairly strong on his lonesome, if your opponent kills him while you still have people on the board, he buffs everything on his way out... Awesome.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 12:18:26 PM

In the Cantina Battles, Qui Gonn is probably the first one to focus on, and then Ashoka.  Seriously, my 7 star Ashoka is probably my most powerful character, she's a blast.  She probably does the most overall damage, and she can both self heal and heal others (her special can be used for either extra damage or a group heal).  I don't think I have lost a PvP match since getting her to 7, she is just about unkillable.  Qui Gonn is great in a leader role, because he will give your other Jedi a speed buff, and paired with the right group it makes for a hell of an alpha strike. 

In in the Arena, most people concentrate on Sidious first, and I guess he is worth it, though I personally never use him for PvP.  But Asajj is a killer.  She does crazy damage, has a good AOE, and self heals so well just on her attacks that she almost never dies.  I am shocked that more people do not run her.  A killer.  Waaaaaay better than Savage.

In Galactic War, it is all about Luminara.  Best healer by a mile, and she is actually classified as an attacker, so she also hits pretty hard.  Most people would also do Phasma, but I focused on IG 86 instead and don't regret it at all.  He crits basically all the time, and his special is just glorious.

Also, protip:  Cantina battles are probably the most efficient overall money and shard earner.  Always spend the extra 100 gems to buy more energy.

And again, I have never paid a dime on this game, and I have basically all the cool characters, so it is more than possible.  Only lucky drop was Maul.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 12:27:27 PM

I forgot about Lumi. I skipped her because I got Bariss as a drop and she's A-OK. Stellar when combined with Ashoka.

I agree with you about Asajj. She's just killer and has a nutty power-level. Level 55, 5-star and gear level VI she's at 3167 power. Level-up Cruel strike so she gets a 35% stun and she's a game changer. Only Maul is close at 2694 and he's going to slip back because finding shards is never going to happen.

My current PVP team is: Phasma (lead) Bariss, Rey, Asajj, Maul I'm at 1022 rank and don't bother trying to climb higher right now. Lots of fun.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:44:01 PM

I've tried using Bariss as an Ally several times, and I still think she falls way short of Luminara.  Lumi is a better overall healer, and does more than twice the damage.  Maybe triple.

I used to have Maul as a permanent fixture, up until the time I got Ashoka to six stars when I started swapping them.  He is still viable in any situation where you are up against several Jedi. I have fought against teams full of 6 and 7 star Jedi who out-power me by 5000 points, and he will just slaughter them.  If they ever decide to release shards for him, they will have to nerf him first.  They essentially already did nerf him when they implemented the protection system, he was much more effective before.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 06:22:11 AM

Played this a bit last night and still favor the Marvel version  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Very similar game, though. The Marvel one doesn't open up until your characters get into the 20s (cap 30) so I imagine this one is the same.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 11:58:52 PM

Got room in my guild, if you fellas want in. We are currently chaining the pit, so more people participating, more stuff, etc.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2016, 06:25:09 AM

Rasix, I accidentally deleted your friend request because it was early. Sorry about that; you can send another or post your code here and I'll add you.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2016, 10:23:40 AM

767-528-588

Not that I have anyone worth using, but the more the merrier, right?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2016, 06:41:39 PM

Got room in my guild, if you fellas want in. We are currently chaining the pit, so more people participating, more stuff, etc.

What's the name? We just ran our first raid and I'm in top 3 for damage with only 100k.  It's a 2-star raid and everyone else is sub 10k damage. Ow.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2016, 07:47:24 PM

Rasix, I accidentally deleted your friend request because it was early. Sorry about that; you can send another or post your code here and I'll add you.

Here's my code (I'm still a newbler): 589-997-855

-Rasix
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 02:34:52 AM

Code: 833-382-617

playing as Noitek.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 09:26:52 AM

This game needs to include an option to automate fights like MOO. Just give me a readout of the fight, I don't want to watch it.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 10:16:37 AM

It has one. There's an auto button in the top left corner when you're in battle (looks like a play button) that will automate the combat; once you have ***'d a mission you can also spend SIM tickets to do it completely instantly, but those are limited quantity.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 11:12:35 AM

Sim is nice when collecting gear parts. Avengers Alliance doesn't have nearly as much backtracking for gear, but there are a few level gates if you try to level up a bunch of the same character class without playing much in between that do require it and would be good to sim. That was an awful sentence and I'm not fixing it.

I've probably not played this game while playing it than I have played the game while playing it. Was that also a bad sentence? Dark side.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 11:19:42 AM

It has one. There's an auto button in the top left corner when you're in battle (looks like a play button) that will automate the combat; once you have ***'d a mission you can also spend SIM tickets to do it completely instantly, but those are limited quantity.

Do some PVP and you get enough crystals to start buying sim tickets for free. 20 Sims for 30 crystals via the Shipments store. Using them for that and refreshes of Hard Battle counters are the two most efficient uses of the free crystals since hoarding them for Chromium Cards is largely a waste after your first few characters are unlocked.

I let the auto-turn fight my challenges and galactic war at this point. My team is OP. (Asajj just got 6 stars, Phasma is 5 and her bonus-attack is proccing well)  Everything else I sim for the dailies and really only play the PVP fights out.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 12:28:25 PM

New Order of Balance. Stupid name, decent people. Couple guys are super OP, but most of the fellas are middle of the road.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 01:10:19 PM

Is it actually possible to search for guilds in some way?

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 03:17:59 PM

Add me, drop your current guild, and I can add you to mine. I'll do this when I get off work at 530 if you folks have cleared your guilds.

Edit: And then, of course, you can invite each other.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:32:34 PM by TheWalrus »

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 04:23:04 AM

Darth Maul shards spotted in the Shipments store this morning?!  Oh shit.  Darth Vader shards in the Shard Shop (you can't see this shop unless you have at least one 7 star) as well over the last few days, but that is super expensive.  I notice a few other previously unavailable ones like Aayla Secura, Princess Leia and maybe it was Kit Fisto as well.  Something is changing.  The better not nerf my beloved Maul.  But more importantly, I gotta figure out how to get my hands on some of those shards, it was something like 300 gems or more for 4 Maul shards.  Oh, Cad Bane as well in the Galaxy War shipments.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:11 AM

I'd like to imagine they're making way for new heroes from Rogue One (although it seems early for that)

More likely the money stream has started slowing-down already so they're looking for revenue pumps. People have caught-on that Chromium Cards are a loser game when chasing powerful heroes. Buying shards directly will get them buying crystals instead of abandoning the app or rolling multiple alt-accounts to chase Rey, Maul, or the like.

Still no 7-star so I can't see the shard shop, what do you buy shards with? Crystals like the shipment store?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: