Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 124848 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #105 on: July 14, 2016, 12:02:26 AM

I'm running Phasma, QJ, Rey, Leia and Lumi. Lumi will probably be switched out.  She's unnecessary.  If I need to heal, I've probably lost. Phasma may also get swapped out once I get Old Ben to 7*. 

Lots of damage.  I just wish shards for Rey and QJ weren't such a pain. Leia's RNG can be a bit grating as well. Still, I do OK.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #106 on: July 14, 2016, 09:14:17 AM

I'm still on my middling team of Phasma/Lumi/Chew/Asajj/Daka, and mods are proving pretty insane. Potency on Daka is crazy for stuns, and I got some strong secondary potency on Asajj, she's about 50% stun with her primary attack now.

I have been working up Ashoka, if only to bolster my light side team, plus Jedi stuff and possible switch to damage team, to have light healing and survivability. Also QGJ and Rey because I can spare the currency in their stores. My pita for improvement is the Royal Guard, he's just way too squishy now but is so good at what he does. I want to at least 5 star him before putting any effort into mods/abilities/gear, but only 3 battles with RNG humping me badly means he's a low star.

I have the GS, but won't build him into a damage team on general principles, same as I won't use the ewoks. Just can't, even if he's effective.

Anyway, mods might be OP. Was getting stuck at the top of GW for a bit there (the last couple fights), but modding (even with lvl 1 mods mostly) has made GW pretty easy again, even with my suboptimal team.

edited to add: One thing that bugs me about the raid content is that it's purely damage dealt. So it pretty much screws a well-rounded team like mine.
Rasix

Reply #107 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:05 AM

Eh, what else are you supposed to provide in the raid? Moral support?

Plan on ditching Asaj.  She's a free win for attackers in the squad arena.  She'll do her dumb self heal when she's got the double buff from someone's death. Plus, she slow.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 14, 2016, 09:57:56 AM

I don't really care about the arena right now. I had to struggle to beat teams in the 400 reward bracket, so I'm ok with floating down the 300 bracket (and I'm stable at 1600 now, down from 1000ish).

And yeah, I'm just working this team until I can get the players for my next lineup in place (going by an amalgam of teams at the top of the Arena charts).
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 14, 2016, 11:03:12 AM

Eh, what else are you supposed to provide in the raid? Moral support?
How about my big black dick?  why so serious?

MMOs have figured that out with weighting for support roles, healing, etc.
Rasix

Reply #110 on: July 14, 2016, 11:25:42 AM

You have a team.

But obviously trying to outlast the rancor won't work on stages where he can eat you.  There's also the enrage timer that doesn't help in that respect.  But honestly, without that sort of limitation, some teams would nearly be able to take him out on their own due to the lack of down-scaling.

There are different interactions if you read the descriptions.  A heavy debuff team would do pretty well considering he loses 50% armor while debuffed in certain stages.

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #111 on: July 14, 2016, 11:39:16 AM

Yeah Rancor is all about damage, but that's how he's designed.  You do as much damage as possible, hope he eats a shitty character on his first "imma eat you" attack then bug out just before the second.

Maybe newer raids will offer more variety but it's a group encounter, you're not supposed to solo whole stages. (Which I've done because 7-star characters are ridiculous in 1 and 2-star raids)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 15, 2016, 08:26:45 PM

Neeeerfs!

/ogre
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 15, 2016, 11:41:35 PM

Looks like they halved the numbers on all the mods?  It was probably too much before anyway, so that seems fine.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 08:47:54 AM

Yeah, the mods were nuts. Even with just the basic set of mods from the 1st round I was demolishing any team that wasn't modded. They're still great, but not 'double my tanks health and give him tenacity to shrug off all debuffs' great.

Still slowly working on a Jedi/dmg team. Have Ashoka nearing viability for the main team, not sure who to dump to bring her in. Also farming QGJ and Rey, leveling up the GS and trying to get the damned shards for the RG, he's soo slow to star up. And he needs to be solid because he's going to take a beating in a way Chew can avoid (due to the 1 turn taunt/self heal/buff).

Asajj - still great damage and with potency her stun (with Daka's) is a big part of my wins. I know her slow is to set up her buff and to set her up to aoe down all the stragglers, but it's so slow. Can't drop her until I get someone that can at least match her damage output (using raids to judge, wish all battles had a report like the raids do!) and bring some utility as good as those stuns.

Chewie - starting to wane a bit, but his taunt is still a lifesaver and his turn meter denial is nice, though a bit too unreliable. Probably my first to go, but my 2nd highest rated (one of two 6*) and I've always run a taunt-based strat.

Lumi - decent damage and speed, great heal with HoT. Don't want to dump her anytime soon.

Phasma - keeps getting better as other teammates get better. Damage could be better, but the leader benefit/advantage/debuff is just a nice utility. Will probably keep her, as bringing in a few nukers will only make her more useful.

Daka - Man, I love Daka. Those stuns, and she's fast. There's almost always one or two of the opposition stunned, every round. Damage better than Chew, anyway. She's come in very handy with the rare resurrect and emergency heals. Probably second or third to go, but it's going to be tough to beat her utility.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: July 20, 2016, 12:22:55 PM

Are all spare shards equal in the shard shop? Meaning, some character shards won't sell for more?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: July 20, 2016, 10:21:23 PM

They are all the same.  1 shard equals 15 shard currency.  It is a really terrible exchange rate, but it's not like there is anything else you can do with those things.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:47 PM

Ah, thanks man.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: August 23, 2016, 08:39:16 AM

awesome, for real
Rasix

Reply #119 on: September 11, 2016, 03:29:34 PM

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:50 PM

Please tell me Litttttto and Mozilla are not from here. What a couple of fucking tools.

Unless they're from here, then I understand  why so serious?
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: September 12, 2016, 12:33:48 PM

Littttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttto is a jackass. Agreed. Even if he is from here.

Gamorreans kicks my ass. I can not find a combo to do damage to those assholes.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 12, 2016, 09:39:37 PM

I've had the best luck with using someone who can strip their buffs and just hammering on the lead pig until I get taken out. They're horrible.

I've been growing my little pet project team of First Order dudes and teh 1st Order pilot trooper is surprisingly good. Also my slapped-together Reb team for the event (Stormtrooper Han, Leia, Biggs with Admiral Ackbar lead (for extra attacks on non-basic abilities) and that gunslinger dude as a random double attack/stun ability dude) has been pretty good. Even at 4 stars the 1st order trooper can hold his own for a couple rounds.

I'm using the Reb (+1 scoundrel) for my arena team, trying to crack the code for how it works with the GW because that's been kicking my ass lately.

For GW, I start with Phasma lead, Chewie, IG-86, Kylo, 1st Order Pilot, because they're quick rounds and no healing needed. Then for the tough fight halfway in I switch to my current 'main' GW team of Phasma lead, Chewie, Lumi, Rey, QGJ. They can power through to the last few battles but it's been a while since I've finished GW, and I have a decentish backup team at this point (all 70+).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:54 PM

The secret to the Gamorreans is a little Ewok named Teebo.  Put him your lead and surround him by characters that either debuff their speed/turn meters, or that buff your own turn meters.  I use Teebo, Fives, Phasma, Qui Gon and Rey (Rey doesn't provide any buff/debuff, but her damage cannot be matched, and Qui Gon only gets a speed debuff if you max one of his abilities).  Get it right, and you will go from doing 100k damage to a million or more with one team.  I can even do a million damange to the fucking Rancor with that team. 

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: September 12, 2016, 11:40:04 PM

Well shit. Teebo, I do not have.

Rasix

Reply #125 on: September 13, 2016, 12:04:07 AM

Teebo's also great because his leader stealth lets you avoid the death mark. Not to mention he's really easy to get and max.

As is, I'm going to just hold back unless it's a 6.  We've got too many that are just going HURR DURRR DMGSSSS START NEW RAAAAAAAAAAAID PLZ .  

I kind of want to do an ewok team, but the desire to try a Biggs/Wedge combo is greater. Going to take me a while to farm Wedge up.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:12:05 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: September 13, 2016, 09:08:43 AM

My hate for ewoks runs so deep. So deep.

I'd like to get Wedge to compliment Biggs on my Reb team, but it ain't happening any time soon. Shifted to trying to level a couple easier Jedi for Yoda's next phase. And back to focusing on my GW team for cash.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #127 on: September 13, 2016, 09:47:54 AM

The secret to the Gamorreans is a little Ewok named Teebo.  Put him your lead and surround him by characters that either debuff their speed/turn meters, or that buff your own turn meters.  I use Teebo, Fives, Phasma, Qui Gon and Rey (Rey doesn't provide any buff/debuff, but her damage cannot be matched, and Qui Gon only gets a speed debuff if you max one of his abilities).  Get it right, and you will go from doing 100k damage to a million or more with one team.  I can even do a million damange to the fucking Rancor with that team. 

I read the other day that Jedi Anakin is comparable to Rey for damage now and is tougher. I don't have him to check on this yet (and since she's at 6* it'll be a while before he catches up.)  Might be worth investigation.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:27 AM

I wondered why he was suddenly leading so many top tier arena teams. Makes sense. I'll get Rey to 7* pretty soon, stopped spending energy on her and was just coasting with guild store purchases. Once I 7* her I need to start getting the rare materials from the guild store instead, should've been saving for those and just leveling her normally, I think. Can't believe she hasn't been nerfed, honestly.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: September 13, 2016, 10:24:25 PM

Yeah, I borrowed Anakin the other day for some purpose...he was 7* and probably around 6k power.  He was doing about 11k with his regular attack.  Still a bit less powerful than Rey maybe, but I was surprised, and as a Jedi he would surely fit well on other Jedi teams.

I hated the idea of getting Teebo as well and basically did not use him at all until I had him at 7 stars.  Then I used him in a raid and now I love the furry little shitbag. 

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #130 on: September 14, 2016, 03:40:24 AM

Well he's a midget Wookiee so of course he's awesome. Not like not at all like an Ewok, right.   why so serious?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 14, 2016, 03:56:08 AM

More like a fat Bothan, but I like your thinking.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: September 14, 2016, 09:17:33 AM

Many Bothans ate dougnuts to bring you that visual.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: September 14, 2016, 09:32:48 PM

Gamorreans are seriously the worst boss fight of any game I've ever played. I can only field one squad, and I only managed to get in 10k damage before I got wiped. What a stupid fucking way to construct a fight.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: September 14, 2016, 10:21:15 PM

I could do another squad, but fuck that. I just ground down the one squad to get on the board in case I forget. It's really a terrible fight, especially if there are a couple characters that trivialize it.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 14, 2016, 10:30:37 PM

Yeah, I went from hating/avoiding them to getting Teebo and making it trivial.  My alpha team did 2 million damage in tier 6.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 15, 2016, 12:24:42 AM

I have raised a team of adorable level 66 Jawas. Is there an f13 guild I should be joining? Everyone in my current guild speaks French, which I am okay with.

My secret code is 176-657-458. I need friends who are robots.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 23, 2016, 11:47:56 AM

Unlocked Wedge and booted IG88 out of my lowbie arena squad (I try to keep it lower for fun and because I read that lower arena ranking helps ease difficulty in GW, but GW is still tough at times!). All 50-60, and now all rebel with:

Ackbar lead
Stormtrooper Han
Leia
Wedge
Biggs

Biggs' assist with Wedge is pretty dern nice, and Wedge is pretty fast on his own. Ackbar leading means free attacks every time someone uses a secondary ability, so it's a pretty decent output. At 14k power I've sometimes beat teams at 20+k power when I meant to lose so I didn't gain arena rank. Still a bit unpredictable due to Leia's abilities being unpredictable, but I've been pretty surprised by the squad (initially put together for the rebel event).
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #138 on: September 23, 2016, 11:57:48 AM

That's the exact squad I was looking to put together, but haven't ground-out Wedge yet. It looked like a nice, fun synergistic group. Awesome.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: September 23, 2016, 09:36:41 PM

I think if I get real with it, I need to stack up offense (and crit for wedge and leia), as akbar's heal is also unreliable. But man, when Vader or Sidious pound out 3x DoT debuffs and you can press button and remove all (plus heal), it's nice.

Still not feeling my 1st order team, but I think that's mostly because I like a taunter and the stormtrooper tank doesn't. The pilot is a really great character with solid dual shot, good damage and great synergy with Phasma (another setup for triple shots). The officer was ok, too. But no taunt nor heal means a rough time having non-damage/non-utility guys (tank mostly seems to just have the defense buff, without the other benefits the royal guard brings with his).

Speaking of RG, did a couple more dark side missions and now with RG/Daka/Asajj the stuns are pretty nice. I'd imagine if you stacked Potency you'd do well against anyone without stacked tenacity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: