Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 09:55:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  (Read 124841 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 21, 2016, 05:54:19 PM

I want an all ewok or jawa team.  However unless I am spending a buttload of money it ain't happening.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #71 on: June 22, 2016, 09:11:55 AM

It seems like building a synergy team like that would be awesome, all clones, etc. But yeah, I can barely field a competent mishmash neutral team. And I ain't spending a dime.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: June 22, 2016, 10:30:39 AM

Well, some of those teams are not even quite possible yet.  There are only 3 Jawas I believe, and I thought there were only four Ewoks?  Maybe I am wrong about the Ewoks, but the ones available are actually fairly easy to get.  Droid team is not too hard to get, nor is a Nightsister team.  Easiest synergy team of all is Jedi, but there are so many of them that I don't think there is any ideal combination, at least not when it is all five Jedi.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: June 22, 2016, 10:57:01 AM

Yeah I am rocking Luminara, Qui-Gon, Jedi Consular, Eeth Koth, and either Ahsoka or Ewok Elder.  I switch between those two depending if I know I'll need a cleanse.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: June 22, 2016, 11:47:17 AM

Well, there's some synergy outside strictly racial/facional bounds, if you stack the team of clones with someone who gives a great buff to clones or whatever.

I unlocked Daka just to have someone not a 1-star cheeseball backing up my three dark siders from my neutral team. She's a bit underwhelming so far but the leveled stun attack is nice when considered alongside the Royal Guard and Asajj. Some rounds I can have 4 stunned opponents. I think maybe Phasma for my fifth dark side for now, because she's decent and fairly easy to get to.

I looked over Ahsoka and she does look good for the team, so going to work on her some. Also thinking Han, with an eye to maybe having him take over for the Royal Guard as 2nd tank. Upside, more offense/turn manipulation; downside less defense, no stun, and the RG's taunt is really well done. You all probably know him, but it kicks in when a team member hits 50% health (up to 3 times per battle per teammate, I believe). And he auto-heals when a teammate is hit, so he heals himself passively while he's not taunting. It's a really nice system, one of the more eloquent in action that I've seen from this game.

That said, I only have one hard mission where I can farm him, so he's starting to fall behind and get whupped the hardest on my team, which sucks for a tank. Needs more HP, too.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 12:10:25 PM

Dakas kind of meh. Her stun is nice, but her heal is underwhelming. Additionally, if you throw that bitch on auto, she will only use the heal once somebody dies. Game mechanics treat it as more of a res and less of a heal. Stun is super reliable at higher levels I'm finding though.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:02 PM

On some high end teams, she is a total nightmare to fight against.  Not sure who she has synergies with, but she can get several turns in a row where she just fucks you up completely.  Because of that and because of her rezzes, I will always target her first.

I don't have her myself, however, but I could see using her as a dark side healer.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 12:56:13 PM

Yeah, she's just for the dark side missions. My only DS healer was Talia, so it's nice to have another option.

One thing that really bugs me about the interface (there's lots) is that they don't show you the tiers of an ability. In Alliance 2, it will show you the effects of each increase on an ability. So you don't take a gamble on that +5% damage hoping a +15% stun is next. It's all laid out so you can plan exactly what you want to improve. Also, you can gain and slot new and more powerful abilities (so for instance you can set up Luke Cage as a tank like I have or as a dps).

Also sometimes the vampire effect's heal number will obscure the damage number and buffs/debuffs aren't handled nearly as well.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 01:01:07 PM

http://www.swgohcantina.com/

All that stuff you want is collected here brah!
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 03:49:28 PM

Gonna try a resistance team with Finn, Poe, Rey, and either the fighter or the pilot. Thinkin fighter.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: June 29, 2016, 10:25:58 PM

Ima-Gun Di...I have had him forever, and at 4 and 5 stars he was just a rarely used novelty.  Suddenly at 6 stars and gear level 9, he is the fucking bomb.  Put him in the lead of a good Jedi mixed with other counter-attackers, and watch the fun.  He also hits like a ton of bricks now, which I did not expect.  My new favorite.

Finally got Maul to 5 stars, and I think I will have Vader there shortly as well.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #81 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:32 AM

Where on earth did you find Maul shards? 

Unlocked Kylo and he's proving pretty meh despite his higher power rating and star count. Going to 7 star him and see if it gets better. Rey still out damages him by a ton despite her lower power rating.

Got Dooku too and he needs more stars to be great.  At five he's only mediocre and my Phasma, Asaj, Rey, Maul/ Vader, healer setup works much better. I swap the healer for Ashoka sometimes but she needs better gear and I'm stuck at the Farm 20 purple subcomponent step.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #82 on: June 30, 2016, 07:54:17 AM

I've got a pretty generic Phasma (7), Rey (4), Qui-Gon (4), Leia (5), Luminara (7) squad. Alpha strikes like a boss. Probably going to work in Obi-Wan at some point.  Then I'll likely swap out Luminara for someone else, but that could be a while off before I get someone built up enough. There's just not a lot of synergy with her, but the big heal and ability disable helps some.

My Dark Side team is awful right now.  It's Phasma and a bunch of undergeared/leveled toons.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: June 30, 2016, 10:02:25 AM

Lumi's damage isn't bad, either. On my mostly heal/support/tank team she's only behind Asajj (Lumi 4/VII Asajj 5/VII).

Chewie is really coming into his own at ability level 6. His turn meter reduction is now 70% on his main attack and I unlocked Han but I think I'm keeping Chewie after all. Shorter duration taunt is usually a good thing with everyone building those alpha strike teams. Any longer and he ded. 2 turn cooldown means just mitigating between his taunts, having Lumi/Daka is nice. Also why it's tough to replace Talia. Her damage is starting to wane (though for slow moving bosses in challenges her DoT stacks nicely) but her heal has a turn meter boost that is usually handy by the time I'm looking at a 3rd tier heal!

Finally put the RG on the bench in favor of Daka. Those stuns just come in too useful, her damage output is better. I miss his 'oh shit' taunt, which is nicely short like Chewie's, but a high dps team means he taunts too much and his low star rating (costs 36 energy for the missions to usually get 1 shard) and stack of 'farm 20' gear keeping him in tier VI (Daka is already VII and more easily farmable) means he had low hp and can't soak it.

In the last couple days, unlocked a few folks: Ahsoka, Phasma, Han, Zam and Dengar. Ahsoka and Han might end up on the light side team, Phasma may end up at least on the DS team. Decided to start farming IG86 for the DS team, since he's already geared to VI and pretty easy to farm shards. With him and Phasma I may be able to live without the RG there, too. Bums me out, love the RG!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 30, 2016, 10:29:48 AM

Where on earth did you find Maul shards? 

In Shipments.  320 crystals for 4 shards every couple of days.  Takes way too long, I just did it for the general principle.  I won't try for 6 stars unless they unlock him somewhere else...I really need to be using those crystals for other things.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #85 on: June 30, 2016, 11:11:37 AM

Ah, ok then. Yeah I'm back up to 3k shards again and have been eyeing what to do with them. I'm pretty resolved to only use them for refreshes and sim-tickets afte my last splurge on the Chromium cards though.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #86 on: June 30, 2016, 11:16:25 AM

I spam clicked and accidentally bought credits.  Bye bye 500 shards.  Sad Panda

I'm not sure I want to do chromium packs anymore. I'd almost rather spend it on refreshes as needed.  I already spend a bit on that, probably why I'm not at my next pack bundle already.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 30, 2016, 11:24:07 AM

Yeah, there comes a time when buying Chromium packs is a complete waste.  Probably around the time you have unlocked all the different tables and have begun to get a few characters from them.  You might occasionally get lucky with the Chromium packs, but the paradox is that anyone you get who is rare will also be impossible to level.  Put that way, maybe once you can field a team of 4/5 stars on both light and dark sides, you should stop buying chromium packs.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #88 on: June 30, 2016, 01:17:38 PM

Yeah that seems like a very reasonable exit point from the Pack game. Might even be earlier than that depending on the 5-stars you get.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: July 05, 2016, 08:59:44 AM

Fiiinally got Chewtard his VII gear, which actually put him at the top of the power rankings on my roster (edging out Asajj who's been there for 11 levels or so).

Still really liking Daka for the reliable stuns, with unreliable stuns from Asajj and decent turn meter reduction from Chew, I like the time that buys me. But the big thing for Daka is that heal. Cooldown sucks bad, 4 turns is forever...but twice in a row at the hard end of Galactic War she's pulled out my bacon. First time they had taken out Chew and Asajj, then BAM they're back and Lumi comes up next BAM healed and ready team. Next fight Chew goes down against a tough team, he comes back and is next in rotation, fires his self-heal and another win.

Getting to the point where lack of a good nuker is hurting, I rarely can finish the last leg of Galactic War now. I'm grooming Phasma to replace Talia, since she's fairly easy to farm and finishes my dark side team nicely. Only really using Talia for 3rd string heal, and even that is mostly for the turn meter buff.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #90 on: July 07, 2016, 05:25:48 AM

Hit level 71 recently. Sloooowly grinding on to 80. Don't have my 3rd 7-star yet but it looks like it'll be Ashoka.

Picked-up Luminara and she's not great but not bad. Probably because she's low on the star-totem while my Bariss and Jedi Councilor are much higher in gear, skill rank and star-level.

I'm a bit irritated they gave us Dengar for logging in for the whole month of June but he's only 2-star. There's no place to get shards, even for cash, so he's rather useless other than sending one trainer/ gear a day his way for the tasks.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: July 07, 2016, 05:28:42 AM

I think you can get Dengar in the Guild store.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 07, 2016, 07:37:07 AM

My Lumi is way better than my JC, but I have her a tier or two of gear higher and her abilities a couple ranks ahead. She does more damage and her heal currently has extra HoT for 2 turns, which is pretty nice. Should be 5 starring her today at some point.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: July 07, 2016, 08:10:56 AM

All things being equal, Lumi is miles better than JC.  Not even close.  She is a more effective healer, and does roughly twice the damage.  She is also pretty good in the lead spot.  She helped me get through many a GW run as leader (evasion bonus and heals at start of turn).  I only ever use JC to fill out a fourth or fifth raid squad.  You will still see her on very high end PvP teams, she never really becomes useless.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 07, 2016, 08:31:56 AM

Did my first successful GW run with Phasma (4 star, VII gear) in place of poor ol' Talia (my original badass). Talia still edged her out in power but in the end the boost to the team's DPS outweighed the extra heal/turn meter boost. Also drew overall weaker teams at the end, it's been brutal for that last leg the last four or so times I've run it. Bonus is that by finishing it I was able to 5-star Lumi, bumping her to the top of my rankings.

Current team is:

Chew 5*/VII (still like his defensive leader buff...he'll be 6 star by lunch thanks to Cantina bonuses)
Lumi 5*/VII
Asajj 5*/VII
Daka 4*/VII
Phasma 4*/VII

edit: forgot to mention that Daka is pretty fast. Started to notice once I got using her regularly that she pops up in the rotation a lot and with her stuns has kinda become a really important part of the team (plus that whole saving two GW battles by ressing teammates...)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 08:44:20 AM by Sky »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #95 on: July 07, 2016, 09:07:23 AM

I think you can get Dengar in the Guild store.

Must be only if your guild is doing heroic raids. I have nothing listed when I go to his "find shards."

All things being equal, Lumi is miles better than JC.  Not even close.  She is a more effective healer, and does roughly twice the damage.  She is also pretty good in the lead spot.  She helped me get through many a GW run as leader (evasion bonus and heals at start of turn).  I only ever use JC to fill out a fourth or fifth raid squad.  You will still see her on very high end PvP teams, she never really becomes useless.

*shrug* I find her as squishy as JC but her CD on heal is longer right now so I don't bother with her. Both heals are at level 6, but JC gets 25% turn meter when he heals. I'm not taking him for damage so Lumi's +Dam isn't as useful as the speed where I'm at.  I'm only ~900 for PVP rankings when I do more than Autoattack (And sit at 1100-980 when autoing) so IDK. When I focus her in PVP teams that rely on her go down quicker. Mother, Ben and the Genosian with the low-CD AOE prove more problematic.

App appears to be having problems lately, too. I try to do GW or events and it just goes into a spinny waiting circle and never recovers. Everything else works fine. Anyone else seeing the same?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:09:39 AM by Merusk »

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: July 07, 2016, 10:43:55 AM

Noop. Working good. Seems sensitive to poor connection tho.

ynotgolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: July 07, 2016, 12:38:27 PM

App appears to be having problems lately, too. I try to do GW or events and it just goes into a spinny waiting circle and never recovers. Everything else works fine. Anyone else seeing the same?

I have noticed very similar lag, I assumed that's why I was mailed 350 free shards last night, and hoped it was hotfixed.  No such luck, having issues with our Guild Raids also, and I've got a very good internet connection.
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: July 07, 2016, 12:43:55 PM

Is it me or have we moved pretty far from "nickeled and dimed" freemium model into "dollared and clubbed" territory?

I don't mind $1.99 micro transactions, but EA is swinging for the $39/transaction fences here...  ACK!

Would it be too much to ask for a "buy all" button on the daily Bronzium card?  The highlighted 3+ is just too much for me to ignore on a daily basis.

Lastly... all these games have the same problem in that once you get to a certain point, getting a new character isn't fun, it's depressing.  I recognize that the prevailing logic is that I'll do whatever it takes to get the new character to fighting trim... but I have to think that a "swap" button would save in retention whatever they lose in whale $$ - though maybe I'm wrong there.  It causes me to move on to the rush of the next new thing rather than grind the $$.  Oh well.

Still love my Clone trio, but Rex isn't keeping up with the power curve... so might be time to break-up the band.  Still love Leia even though I usually hate RNG teams.  But the Fives + Echo + Aayla + Leia + Bariss is too fun to watch when the multi-hits all pile on.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: July 07, 2016, 12:58:57 PM

I meant to comment on the customer service they've been showing with the rewards for any issues. I've gotten a bunch, even a couple that I think were just due to my phone.

I still tend to like the Marvel game slightly more, but back when it was fairly unstable for a couple patches they never gave out apology rewards like that.

edit: I don't see any issue with the f2p model, since I haven't spent a cent. Won't be a top pvp player, don't care. Stuff gets unlocked at a steady stream, with a few valleys I'm sure are supposed to make me pony up cash. I just play Avengers Alliance 2 when the going is slow in GoH (and vice versa).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 01:03:25 PM by Sky »
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 12, 2016, 10:47:26 PM

Big update today.  A few quality of life improvements, but also the addition of mods to level 50+ characters (not sure yet what I think about that yet, will have to see) via mod battles.  Also something called Mod Challenges, but it is locked for a bit so I don't know what it does.  And now we can request gear donations from the guild!!  Fucking sweet.  Not sure what else there is.  

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I got Rey to 6 stars and about 5k power, and she absolutely obliterates.  Basically, if she survives until she gets her first turn - and her speed is crazy good - it's game over for the other team.  My new favorite character.  She is also fantastic in raids, probably even better than Ashoka.  She gets foresight a lot, so her survivability is actually quite good.  11/10, would bang again.

Edit:  the update may be only for IOS right now.  I am not seeing it yet on my Android phone, but I suspect it is coming.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:39:27 PM by Cyrrex »

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 13, 2016, 10:32:15 AM

Level up your mods, low level mods are super cheap to upgrade to get things rolling.

Wish the level 70s would stay out of the current raid  why so serious?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 13, 2016, 11:16:17 PM

The mod stuff is really cool, at least in the short term.  You can basically address any weaknesses or enhance any strengths, and the set bonuses are game changers for some of them.  With very little trouble, I have turned my fun-but-mediocre Cad Bane into something totally relevant. He was useless in most things before because he was simply too fragile and the damage was just a bit too low.  Not anymore, motherfuckers!  And then on the other hand, with just a couple mods I turned my already OP Ashoka and Rey into god damn wrecking balls.  They cut through shit like butter, hits of 15 to 20k not uncommon.  Made QGJ a bit less squishy too and a nice damage boost as well.  And this is just with the Health related mods in the first tier, and most of them only halfway equipped.

Best thing of all is that you can no longer assume anything about a character anymore, particularly when people start opening up the later tiers.  I am really impressed with this update.

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: July 13, 2016, 11:26:49 PM

Just got my dick squished by Phasma as leader, then Rey, Geo Soldier, 86, and QJ. Holy fuckballs. SO much damage.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:12 PM

My current PVP team looks like this:

Ima-Gun Di - He has tons of defense, health and armor and gives Jedi 35% counter chance and 30 defense.  He also hits like a ton of bricks, especially against droids.
Qui-Gon - Suprisingly powerful, and still has the one of the best specials in the game.  Serious alpha strike.
Ashoka - Crazy, crazy, crazy damage, and ridiculous self-healing at the same time.  Party heal just to rub salt in it.  She is nearly unkillable.  She even evades a lot.
Rey - So very OP.  She gets foresight quite easily, and if she has any positive buff at all, her multi-hit attack is killer.  Not unusual for her to kill an enemy on her first turn all by herself.  Not even 7 stars yet!
IG-86 - He crits basically all the time and the damage is amazing.  A bit slow, but if he survives to get a first turn in...fuggetaboutit.  Kinda my trump card if everything before his turn goes wrong.

With the front loading of damage and the frequent countering, the match is for all intents decided before the enemy even has his second player's turn.  And honestly, even when things go poorly in the beginning, it usually doesn't matter, because they all do consistently good damage.

Based on the mod changes, I am kinda putting Cad Bane in for 86, now that he is more durable, to see how that works out.  I will also sometimes swap Dooku or Fives in this spot for even more countering goodness, but it seems less effective.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes  
Jump to: