Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 12:02:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
Donate! | Shop: Amazon
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Oculus/Vive/PSVR 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oculus/Vive/PSVR  (Read 31127 times)
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: April 07, 2018, 09:54:55 AM

Okay, got it running the way I want it (waaaaaaay less fiddly than FO4 VR).  As much as I love FO4...

This is basically Robot Jesus.  I donít know else to say.  I envy anyone who has never played Skrim and gets to experience it like this for the first time.  It is buttery smooth and looks surprisingly crisp.

I am playing Destruction in the early going.  Man oh man. So amazing. It never occured to me that you would be able aim and cast with each hand totally independently. 

Never, ever assume someone that short and fat has their shit together. - Schild
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #351 on: April 08, 2018, 09:16:46 PM

I playing the same, mostly destruction with a little conjuration thown in. And the bow is satisfying so I toss that in for kicks now and then, mostly super long distance sniping. Yeah the both hands independently is awesome, a whirling flaming electrical tornado of death I am. I played 6 hours today alone, not counting breaks, which is a lot of VR in a day for me.

So when you say you got it the way you want, you mean mods? It's been running so well I've been afraid to mess with mods yet. The only thing I've done so far is add the dll for the better 3d headphone sound.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #352 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:45 AM

Mostly what I meant is finding the sweet spot with the supersampling, the disabling of TAA and Dynamic resolution and so on.  Mostly it was an issue because there is a bug when disabling the TAA (and maybe with the DR) that causes menus to disappear, etc., so I had to figure out how to fix that.  Which, by the way, I highly recommend you do if your machine has the chops...kill the TAA and DR, turn SS up as much as you can manage, looks waaaaay better especially in the distance.  The fix is that you need to make sure you leave on the FOV comfort fix for turning, for some reason that fixes the TAA bug.

I did put mods on yesterday.  I don't have a full listing here, but things like the vivid weather, sounds, immersive this and that, some better textures, and one of the popular character mods that add variation on the NPCs (and, bless them, nudity).  All is well with the mods, only thing I am unsure of is an improved flora and fauna mod...makes things look nice, but almost too colorful and introducing a bit of choppiness.  On balance, I would say the mods are working just fine.  Vortex seems to be the way to go.

CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #353 on: April 09, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

I'm lucky as somehow I didn't encounter that menu bug and I did disable TAA and DR, also disabled the FOV comfort thing, maybe it's a Vive thing? I'm on Rift and forget which you have. I have a beefy machine and maxed out just about everything, SS left at default in game and forced 1.0 in SteamVR, as I prefer to use Oculus Tray Tool to futz with settings like that.

I think most of my hesitation in modding is that I had modded the hell out of Fallout 4 VR, and changed loads of ini settings, then they pushed a patch that changed the ini that stores a lot of those tweaks and broke it all. I never felt like spending another weekend to reapply everything so haven't returned to it yet. Nervous to end up in a similar situation with Skyrim. But then it's a different animal in that it actually supports Rift, where Fallout doesn't. Something to make the nights darker would be cool but that's my only gripe, and it barely bugs me. I'm sure I'll toss some mods in at some point I'm just going to give everyone else more time to flesh them out as I'd rather play than tweak at this point.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #354 on: April 10, 2018, 10:43:11 AM

I'm running about 30 cosmetic mods right now. Still tweaking settings for the perfect balance on graphics, but damn did installing improved textures make a difference.

You are dead on though Cyrexx, this is the game that has finally justified buying the Rift for me. The archery is great - the thrill of doing a sudden 180 while drawing, to pull of a an arrow to the head of the wolf that snuck up on me in mid leap. Yeah, its awesome. I've only had it for a few days, and Skyrim is already my most played Rift game.

The quality of this release really shows what a total embarrassment Fallout VR was.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: April 11, 2018, 12:34:20 AM

I am not doing any archery at the moment, because I seem to suffer from the "archery bug" that hits some people.  I am not sure if it is really a bug, but it is a mis-alignment of where the bow is in reference to the aiming point.  The nocking of the arrow is a bit off as well.  But oh well, until they figure out how to adjust that, I am perfectly happy using one handed and Destruction.  So satisfying.

What improved textures mod are you using?

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #356 on: April 11, 2018, 09:50:37 AM

Yeah, I've been putting up with the fact that my hands are too low on both the bow and arrow. Stopped noticing after a while.

Been using the Skyrim 2017 textures, and the WICO overhaul for the NPCs.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  PC/Console Gaming  |  Topic: Oculus/Vive/PSVR  
Jump to: