Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  (Read 27267 times)
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 03:54:12 PM

Yesssss I got Khorne yessssss muhuahuahahahuahaahaahaaahaaaa (cough, wheeze).
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 03:58:27 PM

RPGcodex's 4 teams reaction to these changes:

No, really.

Iain.
As a participant of a season and a half. I was kinda sad this season has developed in this manner.
You knew how it was supposed to be done from the start, so I'm not sure why you passed the ball to the players (I don't care if this guy is in the play-offs or not, that's not the point.)

The delay was meh, Jaedar and Roxor was tapping my shoulder over internetz about it repeatedly. I try not to nag. Shit happens, I don't know your job or daily shit, so we dealt with it. It annoyed me but not to the extent of this sudden change of rules that's happening at the moment.

You got the format down from the start, you knew how it's supposed to be done.
I certainly don't have the know-how or patience to formulate 'a better way (tm)'.
I follow your rules and we move on to match day 8.
So what if someone drew a bad match up?
So what if it's undeserved?
It's your tourney, it's your format.
It's not like you were biased on anyone in the original draw, you even volunteered to take on the Minizillas, probably one of the hardest opponent in the season.

So why change your mind?
I don't see the majority whining about this. Blood bowl is a frustrating game, this draw is part of it. Sometimes you get easy draws, sometimes you don't.
I just see 1-2 saying 'oh man, this doesn't look right to me.' and then suddenly someone can make every bad thing go away?
We're just here to play Blood Bowl, so let's not waste time and discuss 'the fairest video game tournament format' cause that's not why we came here.

Let's get the play-offs started next weekend instead of bouncing off ideas that won't please everyone.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:54:41 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: March 07, 2014, 12:39:47 AM

The delay was meh, Jaedar and Roxor was tapping my shoulder over internetz about it repeatedly

Hey, I was happy to postpone getting lawnmowed by monster lizards as much as possible awesome, for real

Apart from that, I agree. This has been postponed long enough as it is, and I fail to see how the original draw was even problematic anyway. As far as I'm concerned, the drawing could be completely random and I wouldn't really care, but if we go by the "let's diversify stuff a bit so that it's less likely there are 2nd matches that were already played in qualifiers" angle, the original draw was much better than Eldaec's.

As for wildcards, well, they are called wildcards for a reason.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:37:26 AM by Darth Roxor »

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #108 on: March 07, 2014, 02:58:17 AM

I'm inclined to agree with RK, I'm going to use the original system of wildcards making a division 4 for the playoff seeding.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #109 on: March 07, 2014, 11:11:57 AM

As long as we don't do it this way again, I don't really care that we have an odd playoffs this one time. In general though this way essentially rewards 4 other random teams with 'easy' matchups instead of rewarding good regular-season performance. It's kind of messed up that, for example, proudft's winning the tiebreaker with Carnifex actually hurts him. If we end up having to have wild card slots again next season, they really should be bottom seeds, like they are in basically every sports league ever.

I think it's worth prioritizing that over caring whether people play teams they've already played or not - of such things are rivalries born, after all.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #110 on: March 07, 2014, 02:38:06 PM

Waiting for Strazos and Ingmar to join the Playoffs before that can start. Failoffs need Lamaros and Reborne to join in order to get that rolling.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #111 on: March 07, 2014, 02:51:53 PM

Whoops! I'll get it done at some point tonight.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #112 on: March 07, 2014, 03:32:40 PM

What? I was like the second person to apply?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #113 on: March 07, 2014, 06:05:20 PM

Sorry for the delay.
I thought there would be a new threads for the Playoffs and Failoffs.
My bad.

Applied now.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #114 on: March 09, 2014, 02:50:02 PM

Playoffs have started and seeding is done. New thread inc.

Failoffs still need Lamaros to join before they can start.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: March 09, 2014, 04:56:18 PM

I think lamaros indicated he'd rather not play - so you might as well just put a dummy team in .

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #116 on: March 09, 2014, 05:02:55 PM

I think lamaros indicated he'd rather not play - so you might as well just put a dummy team in .
Lamaros could still have put his team in and not play any of the games. I'll stick a dummy team in. Whoever gets it in the first round gets a bye.

ETA:
Failoffs have started, please see the new thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:12:41 PM by IainC »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: March 10, 2014, 04:04:16 PM

Really sorry, I meant to put the team in on the weekend but was really busy and completely forgot.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  
Jump to: