Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  (Read 27280 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 01:53:37 PM

I think you are a near-lock for one of the wild-card spots, but I haven't figured the odds on those out yet.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 03:05:08 PM

From our discussion earlier I think Avaia is willing to concede.

It wouldn't be fair to Swiftblade to replay this match, I am fine with awarding him a 2-0 victory.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 12:03:21 AM

Well crap, sorry Reborn, guy with the laptop left class early.  Trying to get ahold of him, but not responding.  Doesn't seem to be in his room.  May not happen tonight....

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 11:53:57 PM

Well, I managed to get the laptop now, but Reborne looks like he'll be unavailable tonight.  With that, the next time I'll be able to play is sometime Thursday, the 20th.  After that, maybe Saturday the 22nd (which I believe is the deadline).  Just want to give a heads up in case later people wonder whats going on with our match.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 03:29:29 PM

Ramas come back  embarassed
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 03:30:48 PM

Lamaros!

So, how's this weekend looking for ya in the prospects a fabulous loser such as myself? Any particular time sound interesting for such an event?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

Lamaros!

So, how's this weekend looking for ya in the prospects a fabulous loser such as myself? Any particular time sound interesting for such an event?

What's your GTM +/-? I'm in Sydney, AUS. I've got some free time on the saturday and sunday but not the whole days.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:33 PM

I'm in Eastern whatevertimeofyearitis Time, or GMT-5, and weekend is, *sigh*, completely free as always. Will quickly note that tomorrow night may be a problematic in my keeping awake, as my shift has already changed so now the-totally-not-at-all-a-morning-person that is stabby gets to wake up at 4am.

... which just occurred to me is in 7 hours, so maybe it's time to go to bed.  Ohhhhh, I see.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: February 14, 2014, 01:36:11 AM

Ok, so you're 8 hours ahead. I expect our best bet might be my Sunday morning your sat evening, say about 5-6pm start your time.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 14, 2014, 12:17:30 PM

Ramas come back  embarassed

I am currently enjoying a 2010 AA Badenhorst red blend on a balcony overlooking the beach in cape town, there will be no blood bowl until the 24th of this month. If this round is still open at that point my flings will be happy to gift you spp in a tight but ultimately futile attempt to secure 7th place.

Otherwise, I will unfortunately have to concede.

I would claim to be sorry, but here in the land of biltong we have wall to wall sunshine, steaks, and excellent wine, so I would lying to you.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: February 14, 2014, 02:51:45 PM

Ok, so you're 8 hours ahead. I expect our best bet might be my Sunday morning your sat evening, say about 5-6pm start your time.

Sounds like a plan to me, and seeing as it's your Sunday morning that's being robbed of pancakes for Bloodbowl (note to self: use as team name, sounds quite fitting) do feel free to ping me when you're good to go, k?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 08:42:14 PM

Is this the point of the season where stabby earns her first legit league points?   why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

Huitzilopochtli's Gift 0 - 0 Chaos String Theorists

rep uploaded.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: February 14, 2014, 11:09:21 PM

Chaos String Theorists get butchered with 4 casulties including 1 dead (and only managing to inflict 1 KO in the game...compared to 4+ by khorne). The karma was balanced by Megrim's fireball failing to hit any of the 6 targets and a turn 15 blitz by a bm that included 2 dodges to take down the ball carrier (and to get the ball only to be taken down next turn with the ball going out of the field and back in at a place where the khorne couldn't get it in time to score).

3 Chaos String Theorists players remained on the field at the end of turn 16 compared to the full 11 by the Huitzilopochtli's Gift.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 05:20:42 PM

Well, Lamaros and I played our game, and it had it's ups and downs. How'd it turn out?

Well, in four words:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:22:44 PM by stabby the mime »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 05:38:05 PM

Yay.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: February 16, 2014, 01:48:25 PM

ruvaldt and I have played our match.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 16, 2014, 02:30:50 PM

Your check is in the mail, Wolven.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #53 on: February 16, 2014, 02:37:45 PM

Yet another draw for the Ladies!

It was close, and I had my opportunities.  If I had been more liberal with my use of gfis I think I could've scored in the first half.  That's the way the game goes though.  It was a well played match by Wolvens, and I look forward to more with him.

This has been a lousy season for me.  I'm likely dropping these Chaos Dwarves.  I just can't get into a rhythm with them.  I have some serious thinking to do about what I want for Season 9.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 02:41:32 PM

Yet another draw for the Ladies!

It was close, and I had my opportunities.  If I had been more liberal with my use of gfis I think I could've scored in the first half.  That's the way the game goes though.  It was a well played match by Wolvens, and I look forward to more with him.

This has been a lousy season for me.  I'm likely dropping these Chaos Dwarves.  I just can't get into a rhythm with them.  I have some serious thinking to do about what I want for Season 9.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 08:20:32 AM

Your check is in the mail, Wolven.

Hehehe, the cheque for that totally legitimate deal we had... yes! Excellent.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:19 AM

Any idea if you are going to be fit to play this Saturday MA? If I can get a time nailed down I might be able to free some time up but am back at work now so playing during the week will not be possible.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 11:13:29 PM

Well I finally made it back to Poland from Boracay.  I'll be free to play for the rest of the day Reborne, if you have any time.  If not, we can try Saturday.

-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

Any idea if you are going to be fit to play this Saturday MA? If I can get a time nailed down I might be able to free some time up but am back at work now so playing during the week will not be possible.

I can't. It's my grandmother's 97th birthday and my entire weekend is booked with people coming in from all over.

Since we're bumping the expiry, I'm willing to concede given that it's been my scheduling and deathly illness preventing the meeting.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 06:19:28 AM

It's a shame we won't get to play our match, still appreicate all the help and advice you gave me in my early days playing blood bowl so was looking forward to seeing how much I had improved against you :)

Happy to take a draw tbh since I couldn't play any other time realistically other than last Sunday and this weekend will actually be tough for me too so unless anyone else objects am happy for Iain to set the match to a draw.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 21, 2014, 08:05:01 AM

Aw, I appreciate the compliments, though I'm so mediocre at the game that I'm blushing a bit.

This has honestly been a rotten season for my availability all around. Even the games I've been getting in have been by the skin of my teeth.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: February 21, 2014, 03:25:15 PM

still no sign of ramas :(
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: February 21, 2014, 08:19:41 PM

Reborne and I played.  Dice were not very kind to me, despite my pyrrhic victory.   Ohhhhh, I see.

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #63 on: February 22, 2014, 05:44:51 AM

Ramas is on holiday in Sif Ifrika so that game won't get played, however as we can't move on until he's back anyhow I'll bump the due date to the 25th. If that game gets played then that would be great. Likewise I'll hold off on awarding the draw in the Ulysees v MA match until then on the offchance that game gets played too.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: February 22, 2014, 07:13:59 AM

Seriously ? :/

This gameday has already been going on for 3 weeks which is already too long in my opinion.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #65 on: February 22, 2014, 07:29:31 AM

If I awarded default results all around and ended the game day, I wouldn't be able to start the new playoff and failoff leagues until everyone had joined anyhow - and that means either way we need to wait for Ramas to get back from his holiday.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: February 22, 2014, 11:55:36 AM

thanks for the heads up iain - i'll try and grab ramas when he gets back.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #67 on: February 22, 2014, 05:42:36 PM

So my game with Teleku didn't go at all how I expected.

Wrestlers 2 - 3 Hippies

My matches against these elves tend to be close to 1 - 5 normally but Teleku was having a bad start to the day.
He was really good about it too, so I wanted to say thanks for being a good sport.

The first half went almost as expected.
I managed to draw things out so that the elves only managed to score twice and we both had some bad luck moments, but these things happen.

The second half is where things just started to fall apart.

Teleku had used his apothecary in the first half because I broke the arm of one of his huge blitzers, which re-rolled into a badly hurt.
That meant that it wasn't around for when I killed his new elf with strong arm.
Then the star player managed to kill himself by trying to dodge through my line of ogres.
Then I think it was a wardancer managed to get triple skulls while trying to take out my snotling with the ball.

I always feel bad when the dice are so solidly against someone and really that's all that the second half was.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #68 on: February 22, 2014, 05:49:20 PM

Playing ogres means you never have to feel bad for anyone, especially elves!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: February 24, 2014, 02:57:10 AM

Never feel bad for elves or dwarfs. It's a rule to live by.

Back in the UK now. Available to play till 5pm today at which point the Lego movie beckons. Can also do tomorrow evening UK time.

But under the circumstances, perfectly happy to concede.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  
Jump to: