Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  (Read 26922 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: February 06, 2014, 01:07:17 PM

Final day of the regular season and there's still a bit of room for upset. Most of the playoff places are locked in now but a few coaches won't be able to breathe out until all the results are in.
Here are the scores from day 6. Note that the Jaedar v Darth Roxor match is shown as a 3-1 win but is actually a 1-1 draw due to a mistake in validating. The avaia/Ruvaldt and Reborne/stabby games were not played and given as 0-0 draws.

Day 7 fixtures are as follows:

These matches must be played by Saturday 22nd Feb.

Here are the standings after 6 matches:

Note that due to the mistake earlier, Jaedar actually has 16 points and Darth Roxor should have 10. This doesn't affect playoff chances but could change their seeding in the playoffs.

BBManager stats below the cut.

Playoffs!

In Division 1, the four automatic playoff places are secure. The order can change in the last day but Jaedar, r3dknight, Megrim and Darth Roxor have qualified.

In division 2 it's a lot more fluid. Avaia and strazos are locked in but 3 points separate 3rd through 7th place. Proudft can still get an auto qualification spot if he beats Carnifex and Ericswiftblade, Willisterman and Ruvaldt all lose or draw their games.

Finally Division 3 still has one auto-qualification spot up for grabs. Ulysees, Ingmar and Gruntle have booked their places but Teleku needs to beat Reborne or draw and hope that Ulysees doesn't lose to Brocktoon.

As well as the top four from each division, the next four runners up across all three divisions are also going to the playoffs. It's lookign as though most of those will be coming from Division 2 and 3 but there is still an outside chance for Drogg, Satael and myself in Div 1.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:28 PM

Gonna be so many dead rats against Rk47.

I'm scared.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:38:03 PM

No playoffs for me for the first time it looks like.

Going to have to knee jerk into playing my chaos side next season...
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:20:02 PM

Gonna be so many dead rats against Rk47.

I'm scared.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 01:54:24 AM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 01:26:26 AM

So much drawing games, then an unexpected loss and now I have to play the guy top of the league? Not looking good for the Orc Boyz....

Avaia, when you about? I'm GMT and happen to have Friday and Monday off work and am about some of the weekend.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 02:29:34 AM

Iain, I'll be pretty much available all time today and the entire following week, so just catch me on steam when the time is right (tm) for you. Only this weekend might be a bit messy, but Saturday before noon should work as well.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:41 AM

So much drawing games, then an unexpected loss and now I have to play the guy top of the league? Not looking good for the Orc Boyz....

Avaia, when you about? I'm GMT and happen to have Friday and Monday off work and am about some of the weekend.

I'm trying to get a hold of you right now!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:42 AM

Sorry, someone came around. Am out for the rest of today. Weekend or Monday?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:41 AM

Sorry, someone came around. Am out for the rest of today. Weekend or Monday?

Monday will probably work out best, although possibly my Saturday morning might work.  I will let you know when I know.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:59 AM

Ahoy Lamaros! Would there be any chance of deciding who'll be in last place this weekend?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 10:33:35 PM

Well, I won 2-0, but I may be fucked for the playoffs; my level 4 ball carrier ghoul died (as did my kicker zombie), leaving me with a total of 0 SPP on ghouls on the squad. Gruntle will also be short 2 guys for his first match I believe, one of which is a pretty nasty claw beastman.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:35:43 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 10:54:42 PM

Well Reborne, looks like we are actually pretty close time zone wise currently.  Give me a date and time that works for you, and I'll try to see if I can borrow my friends laptop in time to play the game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:21:01 AM

Well, I won 2-0, but I may be fucked for the playoffs; my level 4 ball carrier ghoul died (as did my kicker zombie), leaving me with a total of 0 SPP on ghouls on the squad. Gruntle will also be short 2 guys for his first match I believe, one of which is a pretty nasty claw beastman.
This could have be a better game if I hadn't played so stupidly. Which is not to suggest that Ingmar wouldn't have still won it (his undefeated record against me speaks to the very unlikelyhood of that) but it would've been a lot closer if I hadn't managed to self-sabotage at crucial points. The Banned scored early in the first half leaving five turns for the Helmets to respond, and they would've if I hadn't for some inexplicable reason pushed a marking werewolf into the ball carrier's path instead of away (and even then the ball carrier could have made an attempt to go around it where it was clear, but again inexplicably I moved the goat to the wrong side of the werewolf trapping it against the edge of the field and forcing a failed dodge and a lost ball). A few silly unforced choices in the second half also let the Banned recover the ball and score without much difficulty.

Not to claim that everything went exactly right from the Banned perspective, they didn't take much advantage in either of their two kick-off blitzes (the other kick-off event for the Helmets was a quick snap) and Ingmar wouldn't have chosen to use Igor on a failed Badly Hurt regeneration of a 2nd level wight if he'd caught the impermanent nature of the injury (Igor failed the regeneration also, proving as useless as my apoth was later) but Ingmar's real misfortune only struck at the end; on his 15th turn, sitting on the by then insurmountable 2-0 lead, Dawn Falcon failed to dodge away from Mr. Big -- escaping the tentacles only to misstep and die in the process. Immediately following that turn-over (start of my 16th turn), a successful block against a level 3 zombie also resulted in a death (which unlike SirBruce the Flesh Golem's potential death in the first half, was not regenerated away).

The Helmet's real shame is that we failed our main goal of getting Mr. Big to the next level, managing only one of the two casualties he needed to beef up in time for the play-offs (the two players missing the next game probably won't help our chances either).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:27:57 AM by Gruntle »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 11:02:32 AM

So my Elves and the Dwarves who wanted to Keep Rolling got it on this afternoon.

I won the toss and elected to kick. The kick went awry, so the dwarves placed their trust in their AGI 4 runner and caged up. It was a brusing grind down the pitch, but no injuries occured before the elves were eventually able to penetrate the cage and pop the ball out. Normally I would have held out for the half, but that damn deathroller was a significant threat, so I scored immediately in order to force the use of the bribe. On the ensuing kick, the deathroller was on the bench, and he was back on the field for the start of the second half.

Things got a bit squirrely in the second half, as an attempted quick-strike from the Elves patented Cheater Elf (AGI 5 Bitch Elf) tossed up a brick for a dwarven INT. However, she would later redeem herself as she was able to penetrate a later cage and knock the carrier down on a 1D block and pick up the ball, then hold on for a turn until she could jump back out of the cage and pass the ball forward for another score. The dwarves' final drive was likewise stymied as the elves held on for a shutout after going up 3-0.

The only blemish for the elves was the loss of a level 2 (with enough SPP to hit level 3) lineman, as the persistent dwarf attack finally started to see some armor breaks.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

Hi Stabby I'm pretty tied up for the next 10 hours so we might not make this weekend. However next weekend should work!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 02:43:01 AM

yo ramas i should be around more or less all day tomorrow! UTC-8.  will be on steam.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 05:04:02 AM

Me and rk played.

I probably should have used one of the 3 apoths I bought. On the bright side, I got 2 level ups on gutter runners.

Headsplitter died after 2 knockdowns, which means he proved to be way more useful than I thought he would.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:10:08 AM by Jaedar »
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 05:20:50 AM

rain ruined that game.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 05:50:22 AM

Ulysees: going to try to catch you on Steam but just in case I don't, I need to reschedule. I'm pretty no shit sick and am headed to the doctor.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 09, 2014, 06:16:47 AM

No worries MA wife has a migraine so I have the baby so may not have been the best shot of getting the game played today anyway. Hopefully we will get another shot later in the week.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 03:22:58 PM

Played Roxor. Result was surprising given my form this season.

I startyed off well managing a bunch of early injures on key Humans including their Ogre. Also I got the ball off them on their offence and kept them busy long enough to go 1-0 up at the half. The second half looked bad for The Union with a very diminished lineup but they turned things around as far as injuries went anyhow. I was holding the ball back until the humans were tied up in a scrum as I didn't fancy feeding them free Gutter Runner deaths and that nearly went badly wrong when an early turnover left the thrower facing down the human blitz team. Between a failed pickup and a hail mary blitz, I got the ball back and lobbed it upfield where it landed in an empty square. The humans went for it as did the remaining rats but Skaven bullshit put the game beyond reach when I dodged out and put a Gutter Runner in the endzone then dodged a linerat over to the ball, made the pickup, a dodge away and then a pass in the rain to score. I was much luckier than I deserved to be to be fair, the whole game was played in the rain and all of my passes connected bar one. I got a level on the Rat Ogre and a MNG. Roxor got an MNG too but no levels.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 05:25:45 PM

Well Reborne, looks like we are actually pretty close time zone wise currently.  Give me a date and time that works for you, and I'll try to see if I can borrow my friends laptop in time to play the game.
My weekend was unexpectedly busy.
Generally speaking the only time I'm scheduled to be busy is Tuesday afternoon.
If you pick a time outside of that (preferably not in the early morning) then I'll make sure to be around.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

Beetles over Bridgeburners 2-0, in a bloody match featuring not one, not two, but three deaths for the poor Bridgeburners.  The Beetles will almost certainly vault from the bottom to the top of the kills list after one game.  Playoff hopes, sadly, rely on other matches.

This match did... not go as expected.  My initial gameplan went right into the toilet on turn one because everything went into the crazy zone.  I don't even know how to describe it. 

I guess if you like almost everything going right for one team and nothing at all for the other, watch the replay.   Basically two early deaths for the Bridgeburners gave the Beetles a taste of blood and a glimmer of hope for a victory, and then everything the necromantic team tried ended in tears, failure, and sadness.   Another zombie died late in the game just to remind them that they were losing.  And the crowd was just as heartless, running all over the field, trampling players left and right.

I feel a little bad for putting a big hole in Carnifex's roster but then a pile of dead thro-ras call up to me from their graves, telling me there is no mercy in Blood Bowl.

Some stats:

Match rating NINE.... what the hell? You spectators suck.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

I think Gruntle will stay ahead of you thanks to killing 2 of my dudes, but maybe not.

EDIT: Never mind, you already show as having 3?

EDIT 2: Ah, I see. It's because they're links straight back to BBM and they're updating as we upload. You're tied!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:57:39 PM by Ingmar »

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:32 PM

Match rating NINE.... what the hell? You spectators suck.
Yeah, it's like Superbowl rerun.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 10:04:40 PM

My weekend was unexpectedly busy.
Generally speaking the only time I'm scheduled to be busy is Tuesday afternoon.
If you pick a time outside of that (preferably not in the early morning) then I'll make sure to be around.
So, would 5 PM my time (7 PM your time I think), Wednesday, be ok?  I can do that time for pretty much any other day of the week (give or take an hour or two also).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 11:10:41 PM

I think Gruntle will stay ahead of you thanks to killing 2 of my dudes, but maybe not.

Only 1 from then as I don't get credit for the ones I didn't actively kill, ie those that died on dodges, being pushed out or even stomps i think.
My season total counting all deaths in games against would be higher than 3 but for actual number of deaths i get SPP for, 3 is all it's been.

Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 11:44:18 PM

Result was surprising given my form this season.

Well, I started the match with the sole intent to not even give much of a damn about the score and finally get some level up SPP for blitzers. Of course that went to shit when all I got in the first few turns were pushes, while skaven linos and stuff kept getting KOs and badly hurts on all my dudes why so serious?

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 03:30:36 AM

So, would 5 PM my time (7 PM your time I think), Wednesday, be ok?  I can do that time for pretty much any other day of the week (give or take an hour or two also).
Sure, Wednesday evening is good.
I'll be on, probably for most of the day but definitely from mid afternoon.
Send me a message on Steam when you get online.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 07:26:41 AM

So, the orcs and nurgle meet up for my game with avaia.

Things looked bad for me from the start, his team have crazy amounts of guard and were just going to out bash me. Combined with cyanide not letting me get my Black Orc from reserves so I had to play my no skill lineman instead, I didn't feel confident.

He won the toss and chose to receive. From then on, luck was mostly my side and all he could do was push me around. Still, he managed to own the pitch and got the ball down the field. Thankfully I put a couple of orcs to the backfield to slow him down. Amazingly, they managed to get the ball off him, gave it to a goblin who ran up the pitch and scored on turn 8 with 2 GFIs.

He had an injury and a KO who stayed off, both my KOs came back on. I felt more confident now. That confidence quickly left me as my Black Orc still stayed off the pitch and I quickly got bashed up. Taking a risk I threw the ball up field and made a successful pass. After this the ball kept switching hands until a failed pick up took the ball offside and it was thrown near his end zone. In a twist of irony my lineman was the only player who could take advantage, but he was double marked. My troll (who failed more stupid rolls that I thought possible) failed to help him out, so I went for it. Dodge, 2 GFIs and a pick up meant my second touchdown!

Then it all went shit as the match disconnected with only a few turns left. :(

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 11:42:40 AM

I just checked and the Swiftblade vs Avaia game didn't register at all. Please arrange to replay it.

Also Strazos, can you upload your game vs Willisterman please?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:45:38 AM by IainC »

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 12:13:12 PM

I just checked and the Swiftblade vs Avaia game didn't register at all. Please arrange to replay it.

From our discussion earlier I think Avaia is willing to concede.

willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:39 PM

My fault, I uploaded to the wrong league:

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 12:37:38 PM

Proudft can still get an auto qualification spot if he beats Carnifex and Ericswiftblade, Willisterman and Ruvaldt all lose or draw their games.

Pretty sure he only needs 2 out of those 3 to lose/draw since he beat Carnifex and thus holds the tiebreaker at 9 points. So despite Ericswiftblade's apparent win, proudft should be OK as long as Ruvaldt ties/loses (no sure thing of course.)

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 01:51:03 PM

Yup, and I'm out either way.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 7, It's All Coming Back To Me Now  
Jump to: