Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  (Read 20699 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: December 09, 2013, 03:40:52 PM

Day one ended on time albeit with a concession and a partially finished match. No matter, Nuffle in his bounteous wisdom tallies the scores howsoever they may fall. The league is now in Day 2 and the Lord of Turf and Leather requires more blood to water His blessed pitches.

Go forth therefore and contest the ball until the 16th turn has passed.

The tally of shame and pride from Day 1.

You may bend the knee in these pairings for day 2.

These matches should be played by Thursday, December 19th as this is a portentious date for Mighty Nuffle.

Here is the list of those whom he has variously anointed and forsaken.

Stats from BBManager below the cut.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:04:43 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:06 PM

Burrowing Beetles over Keep Rollin' 1-0.

Still being a bit rusty (though Ingmar and I played a feeder league game a few days ago for some much-needed practice), I forgot to check the TVs and it turns out we were precisely 100k apart.  I should have fired the cheerleader to drop it to 90k but I did not and therefore willisterman bought a bribe, which would go extremely well with his Deathroller.

Then Keep Rollin' won the coin toss and elected to make me receive, goddammit.  Scoring in the first half is not my style, man.  So with these two early setbacks, as well as flashbacks to the last time the Beetles played dwarves (Ingmar's BEARDSTORM!!1) and lost, I believe, a blitz-ra, a thro-ra, and the kicker to DEATH, it was time to buckle down and play extremely conservatively lest such tragedy happen again.

The game plan was going to be a) keep everyone together; b) try and injure enough dwarves (I noted Keep Rollin' had but one dwarf spare on the sideline) to get a numbers advantage; c) injure the stupid deathroller that would most likely come back to be a continued nuisance of the bribe.

The first half started fairly quietly.  The Beetles got the ball, caged up, and began to manuever carefully up the center-left side.  After a few turns, things began to, as usual, deteriorate.  The deathroller was knocked down over and over but just kept getting up.  A couple dwarves were actually injured (badly hurt), which was pretty fortunate for the Beetles, given their armor.

However, the Beetles were just unable to penetrate the wall o' dwarves, and the thro-ra, retreating out the back of the cage, was knocked down and the ball recovered by the pudgy little rascals.

The Keep Rollin' rush to score was partially enveloped, but unfortunately in his chance to escape and head to the endzone, the ball carrier forgot to hit Blitz before blocking and thus remained in thumping range.  He was then thumped, and the ball knocked loose.

The first half ended with no khemri in scoring position and some dwarves scrambling to relay the ball to their endzone but in the end, they were unable.  The final Beetle play of the half was to completely surround the deathroller and foul it with a loser skeleton, who -- somehow -- succeeded and took it out of the game with a Badly Hurt.  Half over, 0-0.

Second half was not nearly as exciting because the dwarves were down to 8 on the field.  The khemri basically made a solid wall of undead skeletons that hemmed them in and upfield until the dwarves were surrounded and the ball knocked loose.  Of course, being dwarves and khemri, this process took a while.  Keep Rollin' was out of rerolls very soon in the second half and every desperate dodge that willisterman tried to save the day failed.  Eventually the thro-ra got his claws on the ball and he wandered his way in to score around turn 14 or so.

No crucial kickoff event such as extra turns or blitz was rolled for Keep Rollin's last drive, so that was that.

A level 3 Blocker dwarf (dodge, guard) was injured for reals on a dodge, smashing his ankle for -1 MV. The rest of the injuries were all Badly Hurt.  No khemri were injured.

Match is uploaded, stats:
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 04:21:06 PM

Hola Reborne. Just putting it out here incase you miss the other post. I'll be around this evening and probably the next couple, but the weekend will be tough as I'm going away. But there's always next week given the timezone friendliness, so no need to set a time I'd guess.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

A -3 TD differential and I'm not in last?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:41 PM

Result is based on who settled their game first I think.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

Avaia, pick your time, please - Are you on Anzac time, or am I thinking of someone else?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 06:37:23 PM

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 06:54:05 PM

Ericswiftblade!  Looking at your roster you have a pretty good chance of overpowering me.  I'm sure it'll be a good match.

I'm traveling to Mexico City on the 11th so I'm pretty busy right now, but from the 13th on we should be able to schedule a match for pretty much any time you like.  Let me know about your availability and we'll get something going.  Hopefully the router where I'm staying won't give us any trouble.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 07:21:42 PM

Avaia, pick your time, please - Are you on Anzac time, or am I thinking of someone else?

I'm US/Central.  I'm around after 21:00 my time weekdays, although I can sneak in during the daytime if needed.  I'm out of town Friday-Sunday this week.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 07:34:45 PM

blood bowl's reinstalling as we speak, iain - i'm GMT-8, usually home from ~6 PM on.  life's a little chaotic right now but barring no more catastrophic HD failure i should be good to go whenever this week or weekend.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 10:47:11 PM

Ericswiftblade!  Looking at your roster you have a pretty good chance of overpowering me.  I'm sure it'll be a good match.

I'm traveling to Mexico City on the 11th so I'm pretty busy right now, but from the 13th on we should be able to schedule a match for pretty much any time you like.  Let me know about your availability and we'll get something going.  Hopefully the router where I'm staying won't give us any trouble.

Its like deja vu! Weekends for me I'm afraid and I'm GMT.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 04:12:56 AM

blood bowl's reinstalling as we speak, iain - i'm GMT-8, usually home from ~6 PM on.  life's a little chaotic right now but barring no more catastrophic HD failure i should be good to go whenever this week or weekend.
I'm CET (GMT+1) so weekends is probably our best bet unless you are around in your early afternoon during the week.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 05:09:58 AM

Hey Gruntle, when do you want to play.....OH GOD THE TACKLE!!!

ACK!

This is going to be an 'interesting' match, heh.......

Ahem, anyways, I'm GMT+1.  Looks like you are back in the center of the world, at Pacific Standard Time, so I'm 9 hours ahead.  Unless you have a day off this week, that probably means we wont be able to play until the weekend, of which Saturday or Sunday should be fine.  Just let me know if you do have a day you can play sooner.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 06:14:29 AM

You will be once I'm done with you.

When would you like to play? I have a very busy weekend so that's out. I could go any weeknight (I'm Eastern US) my time, I think.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 09:47:45 AM

Wednesday night or Friday night this week should work I think, although it would be late-ish your time as I don't normally get home from work until ~7 PM.

willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:37 AM

I can't believe I fogot to blitz!  Argh so damn annoying, I had a clear run to the endzone!  GRRRR

And then fouling my deathroller!  Git :p

And the deathroller gets MVP, so levels.  So will eat even more of my tv :p

Burrowing Beetles over Keep Rollin' 1-0.

Still being a bit rusty (though Ingmar and I played a feeder league game a few days ago for some much-needed practice), I forgot to check the TVs and it turns out we were precisely 100k apart.  I should have fired the cheerleader to drop it to 90k but I did not and therefore willisterman bought a bribe, which would go extremely well with his Deathroller.

Then Keep Rollin' won the coin toss and elected to make me receive, goddammit.  Scoring in the first half is not my style, man.  So with these two early setbacks, as well as flashbacks to the last time the Beetles played dwarves (Ingmar's BEARDSTORM!!1) and lost, I believe, a blitz-ra, a thro-ra, and the kicker to DEATH, it was time to buckle down and play extremely conservatively lest such tragedy happen again.

The game plan was going to be a) keep everyone together; b) try and injure enough dwarves (I noted Keep Rollin' had but one dwarf spare on the sideline) to get a numbers advantage; c) injure the stupid deathroller that would most likely come back to be a continued nuisance of the bribe.

The first half started fairly quietly.  The Beetles got the ball, caged up, and began to manuever carefully up the center-left side.  After a few turns, things began to, as usual, deteriorate.  The deathroller was knocked down over and over but just kept getting up.  A couple dwarves were actually injured (badly hurt), which was pretty fortunate for the Beetles, given their armor.

However, the Beetles were just unable to penetrate the wall o' dwarves, and the thro-ra, retreating out the back of the cage, was knocked down and the ball recovered by the pudgy little rascals.

The Keep Rollin' rush to score was partially enveloped, but unfortunately in his chance to escape and head to the endzone, the ball carrier forgot to hit Blitz before blocking and thus remained in thumping range.  He was then thumped, and the ball knocked loose.

The first half ended with no khemri in scoring position and some dwarves scrambling to relay the ball to their endzone but in the end, they were unable.  The final Beetle play of the half was to completely surround the deathroller and foul it with a loser skeleton, who -- somehow -- succeeded and took it out of the game with a Badly Hurt.  Half over, 0-0.

Second half was not nearly as exciting because the dwarves were down to 8 on the field.  The khemri basically made a solid wall of undead skeletons that hemmed them in and upfield until the dwarves were surrounded and the ball knocked loose.  Of course, being dwarves and khemri, this process took a while.  Keep Rollin' was out of rerolls very soon in the second half and every desperate dodge that willisterman tried to save the day failed.  Eventually the thro-ra got his claws on the ball and he wandered his way in to score around turn 14 or so.

No crucial kickoff event such as extra turns or blitz was rolled for Keep Rollin's last drive, so that was that.

A level 3 Blocker dwarf (dodge, guard) was injured for reals on a dodge, smashing his ankle for -1 MV. The rest of the injuries were all Badly Hurt.  No khemri were injured.

Match is uploaded, stats:

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:21:30 PM

Wednesday night or Friday night this week should work I think, although it would be late-ish your time as I don't normally get home from work until ~7 PM.

Want to aim for Wednesday? You're Pacific?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:01 PM

Should work, barring an act of AT&T.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 03:41:28 PM

Ahem, anyways, I'm GMT+1.  Looks like you are back in the center of the world, at Pacific Standard Time, so I'm 9 hours ahead.  Unless you have a day off this week, that probably means we wont be able to play until the weekend, of which Saturday or Sunday should be fine.  Just let me know if you do have a day you can play sooner.

I can probably do as early as 4 or 5p on a weekday like Wednesday but that would still put it in the am for you.
Whereas Saturday or Sunday should be doable anytime from noon on which probably gives you a better on your end.

And I'll see your OH GOD THE TACKLE to respond with an OH MERCILESS NUFFLE IS NO CAGE SAFE FROM HIS DAUNTLESS STRIP BALL LEAPERS!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 03:43:26 PM

Should work, barring an act of AT&T.

Actually, I JUST had something come up. Friday would be better for me.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 03:44:00 PM

Probably better for me anyway!

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 06:19:47 PM

I'm CET (GMT+1) so weekends is probably our best bet unless you are around in your early afternoon during the week.
i could probably squeeze in a game over a late lunch during the week, but let's try the weekend first.  i should be around during the day sunday and possibly saturday.  will look for you on steam.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 11:59:20 PM

I can probably do as early as 4 or 5p on a weekday like Wednesday but that would still put it in the am for you.
Whereas Saturday or Sunday should be doable anytime from noon on which probably gives you a better on your end.

And I'll see your OH GOD THE TACKLE to respond with an OH MERCILESS NUFFLE IS NO CAGE SAFE FROM HIS DAUNTLESS STRIP BALL LEAPERS!
Yeah, I really probably shouldn't be keeping myself up till 2 AM on a work night, heh.  If you coul start the game no later than 3 PM your time that would be ok, but thats it.  So lets shoot for Saturday or Sunday then I guess.

Thats a well leveled bashing team you have there though.  This is going to be a scary match for me.   ACK!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 12:56:28 PM

So megrim.

This is a pretty shitty week for me cause of exams. Is it possible that we play next wednesday evening or next thursday?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 01:53:43 PM

So megrim.

This is a pretty shitty week for me cause of exams. Is it possible that we play next wednesday evening or next thursday?

We've an 18 hour time difference, so we'll have to work something out.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 02:27:11 PM

Hey Reborne. Didn't catch you last night so lets try again tonight. Off for Friday/Sat/Sunday so won't be available then. Will be around from 7 this evening.
Strazos

Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 04:10:16 PM

I'm US/Central.  I'm around after 21:00 my time weekdays, although I can sneak in during the daytime if needed.  I'm out of town Friday-Sunday this week.

How early can you play next Wednesday? I'd rather not try to start a game after 10pm my time, and you're not available this weekend...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 05:19:31 PM

I guess I should bring this up now Ulysees, but how are you for playing the match on Saturday? Bringing it up as my family has effectively reserved my Sundays for the next month due to the upcoming Holidays (weather permitting that is, since this is Canada), and, as Boromir would probably say, one simply does not say 'No' to a Latina Mother come Christmas time.

So, hopefully your Sat is still nice and free?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 05:57:53 PM

depends on how hot your mother is.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 06:35:58 PM

How early can you play next Wednesday? I'd rather not try to start a game after 10pm my time, and you're not available this weekend...

Name a time and I will make it.
Strazos

Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 07:37:34 PM

1830 EDT?

Fear the Backstab!
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 12:52:11 AM

Well, that was an interesting match

Wrestlers 3 - 1 Best with the Mess

First, have to say that something came up half way through the second half and Lamaros quickly had to quit the game.
I hope that all works out well and that the worst of it winds up being the game results.

Lamaros made a good first play, receiving the ball, taking out a couple of my Ogres with that damn claw on so many things and progressing down the pitch.

Things didn't go as planned when I received.
I was trying new formations to get the claws away from my Ogres when there was a quick snap and instead of a snotling flying down the pitch, an Ogre ended up with the ball.
He runs down the pitch and gets taken out by a posse of rats who make away with the ball, throw a long pass and... Interception!!!
Snotlings run in the ball on turn 8 and we're 1-1.

Second half starts the same way.
Same formations as the last kick, quick snap, snotling gets badly hurt when it is thrown.
Ball falls backward, Lamaros rallies and bombs the snots around the ball, but I managed to clear a path, run the ball over to another formation on the other side of the line and throw my snot successfully to take the lead 2-1.

Next kick goes long, Lamaros starts making his way down the pitch and has to go.

One of my snots got a broken collar, which means -1 Str.
Can a unit have 0 in a stat?

Game uploaded to manager.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 01:13:52 AM

Well, knowing Cyanide, I bet if anybody tries to block him it will result in a divide by zero error when it tries to figure out how many dice to use, and crash their game.  So now you may have a super weapon in your hands!   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 02:23:27 AM

One of my snots got a broken collar, which means -1 Str.

1 is the minimum so your snot basically gets a MNG and suffers no additional penalty.

If Lamaros quit then you get the default win again which is +2 TDs to you over your opponent's score. AFAIK, it will discount all the injuries and other SPPs, plus you will get Lamaros's MVP and winnings.

If you want me to reset it then let me know. To be safe, if possible when someone needs to leave during a game then just spam end turn until the end of the game or let it run out while afk. That is assuming that you can't get it replayed of course.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 03:49:00 AM

I abandoned so I think he'll get his spp.

I was down 2-1 (albeit with the ball in hand and plenty of time to score twice), it's not fair to Reborne to replay. All my responsibility and his deserved win.

That's me pretty much on toast for the season. Finding it hard to care right now but I'm sure the competitive spirit will return.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:50:32 AM by lamaros »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  
Jump to: