Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:50:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  (Read 20397 times)
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 07:29:55 AM

Carnifex when are you free for our game?

This weekend is definitely out for me other than that I'm on GMT time!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 09:12:18 AM

ok, Don't worry too much, remember that there are still 16 playoff spots in a 24 player league so chances are good that as long as you don't bomb out completely you can still grab a shot at the main prize. You're a decent player and I'm sure you can claw enough points back in 5 games to put you in contention.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 06:24:25 PM

Carnifex when are you free for our game?

This weekend is definitely out for me other than that I'm on GMT time!

If the whole weekend is bad for you this might be rough. I'm GMT-8 (PST) and I only have the weekend off. I work retail so this is a time of year that I have to work some very long days, often with no advance warning. If there is ANY time over the weekend you can play, I can be awake at any hour, otherwise we might have to do a late night for me, way to early for you game.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 07:16:13 AM

Iain, need a reset for our match, the Poland internet broke down at turn 2.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:29 AM

Putin has sabotaged my Blood Bowl effort to redirect all sport events to Sochi  Ohhhhh, I see.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 07:51:11 AM

Putin has sabotaged my Blood Bowl effort to redirect all sport events to Sochi  Ohhhhh, I see.

I want my casualty on your Ogre back.  awesome, for real

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 08:58:07 AM

I guess I should bring this up now Ulysees, but how are you for playing the match on Saturday? Bringing it up as my family has effectively reserved my Sundays for the next month due to the upcoming Holidays (weather permitting that is, since this is Canada), and, as Boromir would probably say, one simply does not say 'No' to a Latina Mother come Christmas time.

So, hopefully your Sat is still nice and free?

As long as you can tell me the time you want me to be available for I should be able to sort it out my side for Saturday. Got to go Christmas shopping for 3 hours between 9am and 12pm GMT but outside that I can make time for our match. So what time are you looking at?
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 11:07:04 AM

As long as you can tell me the time you want me to be available for I should be able to sort it out my side for Saturday. Got to go Christmas shopping for 3 hours between 9am and 12pm GMT but outside that I can make time for our match. So what time are you looking at?

Anytime after my 11am is fine by me (GMT-5 I believe). Tomorrow is supposed to be a cold one, so my plans are to stay indoors with a mix of boredom, disappointment, and Final Fantasy XIII to keep me busy. An injection of Blood Bowl would certainly be nice.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 13, 2013, 11:26:04 AM

Anytime after my 11am is fine by me (GMT-5 I believe). Tomorrow is supposed to be a cold one, so my plans are to stay indoors with a mix of boredom, disappointment, and Final Fantasy XIII to keep me busy. An injection of Blood Bowl would certainly be nice.

Cool in that case I'll logon to steam as soon as I get home from shopping and keep an eye out for you.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 13, 2013, 11:55:35 AM

Teleku I'll look for you on steam in 3 hours. If that doesn't work, try you this time tomorrow.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 12:16:59 PM

Yo Ingmar.

I really hate to do this but can we reschedule for next week? It's exam week for me, too, and I'm honestly overworked and burned out by just about everything right now. Liable to collapse into bed at 9 my time.

If we can swing it to next week, I'm busy Sunday/Monday/Wednesday night but am good any other day.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #46 on: December 13, 2013, 12:20:10 PM

We can try certainly. I can't do it Monday or Thursday for sure, and Friday is unlikely as we will be packing for our Christmas trip. I think that means we have to do it Tuesday.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #47 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33:06 PM

Teleku I'll look for you on steam in 3 hours. If that doesn't work, try you this time tomorrow.

Sounds good.  I'm here for the rest of the night as nobody seems to be doing anything else tonight.  I'm drinking and assembling Warhammer 40k figures, but I'll keep coming back and forth to check in on steam.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 13, 2013, 01:49:59 PM

Theorists meet your (pintsize) doom!

Satael, will be online early and late Saturday and Sunday, let me know if you think it'll be difficult to catch you so we can plan a slot.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 13, 2013, 01:56:49 PM

We can try certainly. I can't do it Monday or Thursday for sure, and Friday is unlikely as we will be packing for our Christmas trip. I think that means we have to do it Tuesday.

That should be okay.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 13, 2013, 03:29:36 PM

stabby, pls stop crying .
you're breaking my heart.  Heartbreak

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 13, 2013, 03:32:19 PM

Wow. I now see how people can fly off the handle from this game. Guess it's my turn...

That should cover it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 03:34:19 PM by stabby the mime »
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 13, 2013, 03:36:17 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - Daring Believers 1

In a match with a whopping 900 TV difference The Stan Bush fan club took the Flesh Golem star player, a bribe and a couple of kegs of brew to help with the potential blood bath that was about to ensue. The half kicked off with me receiving and proceeding to work the ball carrier into a corner and doing my best to whittle down as many of the Believers as possible in the half. I injured 2 players and KO'd another couple with the Ghoul sitting out the rest of the match after the first turn but the Wight making the regen roll. There was a lot of punching but not much other action in this half and I ran in a turn 8 score.

Second half begins with possibly the worst pitch invasion I have ever seen occur. I lost 1 skink but Stabby loses 9 players with a LOS Flesh Golem and a zombie in the worst position on the pitch and furthest away from the ball possible still standing. Needless to say this leads to a quick second score for me. Then things start to get interesting. I get a blitz from the kick off and position a skink under the ball but fail the catch and with the chef stealing 2 of my re-rolls the dice desert me a little and unlike my last match against Ingmar I fail dodges and hand offs plenty this time around. Stabby recovers the ball and hands off to run up a sideline away from all my skilled Saurus players. I get 1 blitz attempt but roll both down with the blitzer and the carrier both having block I then fail the dodge for the skink to put a diving tackle marker on the werewolf so it's a simple case of blitzing the marker away and running in a reply on turn 13.

The final drive of the match sees me attempt a sideline run that is easily bogged down and though I clear the ball marker I am out of re-rolls and the skink fails the first GFI leaving the ball loose in the end zone. Stabby recovers it and scatter launches it up the field and again I clear the ball get it in a skinks hands and though I make the dodge I try to pass it to a skink who can use the SPP rather than my defensive superstar skink and the handoff predictably fails to end the match 2-1.

Stabby played really well with a large handicap in terms of the lack of block causing 3 turn overs in the first half but except for that pitch invasion screwing him over I would have liked to have seen how this match would have turned out without that bullshit interference since I was again re-roll less quickly in the second half so making all my plays work would have been far from a foregone conclusion and it is unfair that the team with such a large TV disadvantage also suffers such a harsh kick off event but that's blood bowl!

Match is submitted but I did it under day 1 by mistake Iain, if you need me to resubmit it let me know and I will do it correctly.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 04:23:46 PM

The Hippies and the Helmets met in a 2-to-2 tie (making us tied for 2nd in the division?)
The Hippies chose to receive and got a quick snap. They leapt past our front line and set up on our side of the field while tucking the ball away in their backfield. We ran after the ball carrier and tried to surround the elves on side but they were able to squirm out of coverage and with a perfect pass scored on their 2nd turn. They kicked to us, and the rain started pouring and didn't let up for the rest of the game, confounding the sure handed goat but somehow still allowing the Helmets the very rare perfect pass to put up a score in turn 8.
Despite all their dodging away, the second half started with the Elves only able to field 7 to the Helmet's complement of 11. We knocked down their tree, pushed a few elves around and then failed to pick up the wet ball. A Hippy leapt past our front line again, dodged over and also failed to pick up the ball. The ball was surrounded by goats and elves, for a few turns then on a successful block the Hippies knocked a downed goat into the ball and it squirted to where the blitzer could grab the ball and dodge away with it. The next turn we failed to take him down with a reroll and he leapt out of coverage to score. With just a few turns remaining the Helmets received another kick off and drove it into the Elfy side of the pitch, at this point the number advantage started to show as after losing it the Helmets managed to recover the ball and tie up the score in turn 16.

Only one real casualty of the game; a Hippy catcher'a collar-bone was smashed dropping him to ST1 (if Teleku decides to keep him). Every other elfling was merely badly hurt and will be back for the next game.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:22:57 PM by Gruntle »
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 09:30:33 PM

Theorists meet your (pintsize) doom!

Satael, will be online early and late Saturday and Sunday, let me know if you think it'll be difficult to catch you so we can plan a slot.

I'll be on steam for most of the weekend so it shouldn't be a problem.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 11:03:17 PM

Ericswiftblade!  Looking at your roster you have a pretty good chance of overpowering me.  I'm sure it'll be a good match.

I'm traveling to Mexico City on the 11th so I'm pretty busy right now, but from the 13th on we should be able to schedule a match for pretty much any time you like.  Let me know about your availability and we'll get something going.  Hopefully the router where I'm staying won't give us any trouble.

So, I'm free now until Sunday night. Name a time...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 11:50:21 PM

Saturday is all filled up, but I'm available any time Sunday.  I am -6 GMT.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 14, 2013, 01:59:52 AM

Ok, so 10am your time should be 4pm my time. How does that sound?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 14, 2013, 02:18:40 AM

Game done. Roxor will upload since I forgot how to do it.

Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 14, 2013, 02:37:45 AM

The Union had to try to make a stand, but eventually lost 1:0 vs the Knights.

I believe that if not for a couple of minor derps in the first half (I was receiving), I could have scored there, but eh.

2nd half on the other hand, was a non-stop one-sided meatgrinder, which ended up with me having only 3 blokes left on the pitch against RK's 9.

There were hardly any highlights, I guess, considering that the whole game was essentially two human teams bashing their heads in all the time, one at a very clear disadvantage because I simply couldn't do jack shit about that omni-guard blob. Also, against my better judgement I spent my 270k inducements on a wizard and 2 bloodweiser babes instead of, I dunno, another apoth or an assembly of additional linos, considering the babes could only actually work on the 16th turn, and the wizard proved to be predictably useless.

At the end of the day, I had 2 MNGs (blitzer + thrower) + -1 AV on a catcher (apoth'd into badly hurt) + badly hurt lino + a hundred million billion KOs, while RK had a dead guard blitzer + badly hurt lino.

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 14, 2013, 03:57:11 AM

Sidekicks - 2
Theorists - 0

Sidekicks get off the mark for season 8 in a brusing encounter with Satael's chaos side.

First half was dominated by the halfling Treemen, who took out a couple of CW and the minotaur in the first half before breaking the goat cage with a well thrown halfling, so Zara the Slayer could sweep in for a defensive drive TD.

The second half was a more even brawl in the centre but the Chaos side couldn't seem to get a hold of the stunty/dodge flings, and didn't land a hand on Zara the Ball Carrier. Eventually Zara found a way out and the remaining flings were able to box the goats and stop them challenging the TD.

Some stats...

Sidekick Storm | 2 - 0 | Chaos String Theorists

Teams
Sidekick StormChaos String Theorists
Race : HalflingChaos
TV : 6101280
Treasury : 44000020000
Rerolls : 13
Apothecary : 01
Fan Factor : 14
Cheerleaders : 20

Match Report
Sidekick StormChaos String Theorists
Score : 20
Knockdowns inflicted : 77
KOs inflicted : 10
Injuries inflicted : 22
Tackles inflicted : 13
Yards gained passing : 82
Yards gained running : 608
Ball Possession (%) : 4334
Own occupation: 1386
Opponent occupation : 8613
Dodges : 28/391/2
Blocks : 23/3913/30
Block Dice : 2.052.03
Note of the match: 12/20
Spectators: 15000

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Azira
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:33 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 14, 2013, 06:07:49 AM

Sidekicks - 2
Theorists - 0

I knew I was going for my second loss of the season when by turn 4 I had lost a minotaur and a chaoswarrior to injuries (and I was low on players after having one MNG and a death from the previous game so no replacements)
I didn't manage to roll 6 on d6:ses (though only 14 of those) nor any 12s on 2d6:ses (33 of those rolls). I did manage to roll skull on over 25% of my block rolls but all in all the averages weren't too abysmal.

I had forgotten how deadly those flying halflings were but I got a good reminder as both times my ball carriers were knocked down by them (I think 2/3 of the throw team mates actually hit the ball carrier and even the third halfling ended up standing)

But in the end Eldaec played better and deserved the win.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #63 on: December 14, 2013, 07:45:21 AM

Ok, so 10am your time should be 4pm my time. How does that sound?

Sounds like a plan!  I'm in.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 15, 2013, 08:59:37 AM

Ingmar, you're gonna love me. I got my days mixed up. I have a doololly Tuesday night, not Wednesday night.

So Wednesday night is basically the only day we can meet up. If that won't work for you, I can and will gladly concede. It's my schedule that's being dumb, not yours.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 09:21:16 AM

Camp Town Orc Boys 1 - 1 First Ladies

I'll write up a more thorough summary later, but in short I scored early and then was ground down by injuries until Swiftblade scored on the 16th turn.  Fortunately, no one was seriously injured, but I didn't get much in the way of spps either other than my mino's mvp.  It was a fun match that really could have gone another way but for some very key rolls in the second half.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 15, 2013, 10:49:45 AM

Bridgeburners 2-0 Vibrant Fillings. The first kick-off event was rain, not what either of our ag3 teams wanted to see. there was lots of bashing and failed pick-ups, but in the end 1000tv chaos teams just don't have the tools to compete with more developed teams. This is the second week in a row that I'm glad I didn't have to play this team later in the season when they had a few more spp. The only significant injury was a fractured skull (I think) to a beastman.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: December 15, 2013, 02:09:07 PM

Muscle Daddies 2 - 1 Fursecution.

This image describes the match far more succinctly than mere words can.

I opted to kick thinking I could maybe stall the Daemons for long enough to go into halftime even. Very first block of the game injures my Rat Ogre which set the tone for the rest of the match. By the end of the very first turn I had three guys off the pitch. I was getting clobbered pretty hard but still putting pressure on despite the rapidly diminishing numbers of Rats on the pitch. Managed a few blitzes on the ball carrier but never managed more than a push on any of them. Several times the herald with the ball was saved from a turnover by his Juggernaught skill as he tried to blitz out of trouble. Eventually I ran out of guys and the Daemons put the ball over the line on their last turn of the half. None of My KO'd rats got up for the kickoff and the result was a riot leading to an extra turn. Given two turns I could equalise so I went forwards for a Wood Elf play, Drogg covered me in cultists, I went for the pass to a marked Gutter Runner and fumbled it. 1-0 to the spiky dudes at the turn of the half.

For the second half one of the four KOd huys got up and I was down to 9 on the pitch vs an entirely undamaged Daemon team. I hadn't managed so much as a stun in the whole of the first half let alone any actual injuries. I wanted to score quick so that I could get another shot at bringing KOd rats back onto the pitch so I went for another pass play. Got everything set up as before, blitzed away a marker on my chosen receiver then made the pass. The catcher missed the catch but the ball bounced into the hands of the Rat who'd blitzed away his marker so there was no turnover. There wasn't any score either as that rat had obviously already taken his turn. I threw some more rats up field to try and screen the ball carrier for a turn and Drogg obligingly fireballed them all. All the rats under the template went down and one was KOd. The Daddies pulled some guys back to cover the ball and I tried to breakout but a series of failed Wild Animal Rolls kept the only thing capable of breaking the Daemon cage inactive. Meanwhile more rats were leaving the field with injuries. The Daemons strolled down for an uncontested second TD with 3 turns to go.

I have seven KOd players and make 4 KO rolls for a change so I'm actually able to make a play in the remaining time. I go for the throwing play again as I have nothing to lose anymore. The pass goes smoothly over the heads of a bunch of Daemons, lands in the sweaty paws of the waiting Linerat (all gutter runners are out of action) and he makes a dodge to get away from his marker and cross the line for a last turn consolation TD. The Daemons have one turn left to wreak havoc on the remaining rats but fail to maintain the murderous rampage they've been on up to this point and the game ends.

I have my Rat Ogre and a Stormvermin missing the next match, no level ups. Drogg had no injuries and two level ups including his Bloodthirster.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 16, 2013, 06:26:18 AM

So Megrim, what times of day you available?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #69 on: December 16, 2013, 12:04:21 PM

I am at GMT+10 so iirc about 18 hours ahead of you. I'm at work nine to five, so I'll have to squeeze a time in around that. I am open to getting up early though.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  
Jump to: