Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:58:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  (Read 20698 times)
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 16, 2013, 03:09:39 PM

Camp Town Orc Boys 1 - 1 First Ladies

I'll write up a more thorough summary later, but in short I scored early and then was ground down by injuries until Swiftblade scored on the 16th turn.  Fortunately, no one was seriously injured, but I didn't get much in the way of spps either other than my mino's mvp.  It was a fun match that really could have gone another way but for some very key rolls in the second half.

Was a great game actually. I chose to receive in the hope of doing some damage to score second half. Things quickly went to shit with a combination of some bad vital rolls and some skillful play on Ruvaldts behalf (I was also conscious that he had a wizard, which kept me wary). He managed to position a Black Orc to get bltized off the pitch and managed to get possession of the ball. I made some decent attempts to get it back, but they all failed. I comforted myself by injuring and KOing some of his players and he gets a turn 7 TD.

Turn 8, I pass the ball to my goblin, the troll tries to throw him, and despite a reroll the goblin is injured (and later sacked!).

My tactic of having spare players pays off, despite the increased TV it means I have 10 players on the pitch, whereas he has only 9 at the start of the second half (my KOs never wake up). From here, Ruvalts dice turn nasty, I force him to use his 3 rerolls whilst I happily sit on 5. From there on I just wreck his team, he makes a brave rush with his str 5 bull centaur, but I manage to lock him down and regain possession. A bit of short passing up the pitch and I make a break for his end zone. bad rolling stops any chance of him getting near my ball carrier and I lock down the rest of his team giving me a clear run to tie break at 1-1.

No serious injuries to him, gobbo is my only one and he gets sacked. Think my greater amount of skills on my players tipped the balance slightly in my favour in this game, without it I think it may have been 2-0.

2 Orc Blitzers levelled gaining me extra mighty blow and guard.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #71 on: December 16, 2013, 05:51:41 PM

Ingmar, you're gonna love me. I got my days mixed up. I have a doololly Tuesday night, not Wednesday night.

So Wednesday night is basically the only day we can meet up. If that won't work for you, I can and will gladly concede. It's my schedule that's being dumb, not yours.

Wednesday should be fine I believe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 16, 2013, 06:14:35 PM

Alright, cool. There should NOT be anything else coming up and I'll be there. Just message me on Steam when you get in. I'm good any time from about 8pm Eastern.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 07:21:55 PM

Muscle Daddies 2 - 1 Fursecution.

This image describes the match far more succinctly than mere words can.

I opted to kick thinking I could maybe stall the Daemons for long enough to go into halftime even. Very first block of the game injures my Rat Ogre which set the tone for the rest of the match. By the end of the very first turn I had three guys off the pitch. I was getting clobbered pretty hard but still putting pressure on despite the rapidly diminishing numbers of Rats on the pitch. Managed a few blitzes on the ball carrier but never managed more than a push on any of them. Several times the herald with the ball was saved from a turnover by his Juggernaught skill as he tried to blitz out of trouble. Eventually I ran out of guys and the Daemons put the ball over the line on their last turn of the half. None of My KO'd rats got up for the kickoff and the result was a riot leading to an extra turn. Given two turns I could equalise so I went forwards for a Wood Elf play, Drogg covered me in cultists, I went for the pass to a marked Gutter Runner and fumbled it. 1-0 to the spiky dudes at the turn of the half.

For the second half one of the four KOd huys got up and I was down to 9 on the pitch vs an entirely undamaged Daemon team. I hadn't managed so much as a stun in the whole of the first half let alone any actual injuries. I wanted to score quick so that I could get another shot at bringing KOd rats back onto the pitch so I went for another pass play. Got everything set up as before, blitzed away a marker on my chosen receiver then made the pass. The catcher missed the catch but the ball bounced into the hands of the Rat who'd blitzed away his marker so there was no turnover. There wasn't any score either as that rat had obviously already taken his turn. I threw some more rats up field to try and screen the ball carrier for a turn and Drogg obligingly fireballed them all. All the rats under the template went down and one was KOd. The Daddies pulled some guys back to cover the ball and I tried to breakout but a series of failed Wild Animal Rolls kept the only thing capable of breaking the Daemon cage inactive. Meanwhile more rats were leaving the field with injuries. The Daemons strolled down for an uncontested second TD with 3 turns to go.

I have seven KOd players and make 4 KO rolls for a change so I'm actually able to make a play in the remaining time. I go for the throwing play again as I have nothing to lose anymore. The pass goes smoothly over the heads of a bunch of Daemons, lands in the sweaty paws of the waiting Linerat (all gutter runners are out of action) and he makes a dodge to get away from his marker and cross the line for a last turn consolation TD. The Daemons have one turn left to wreak havoc on the remaining rats but fail to maintain the murderous rampage they've been on up to this point and the game ends.

I have my Rat Ogre and a Stormvermin missing the next match, no level ups. Drogg had no injuries and two level ups including his Bloodthirster.

iain's writeup more or less captures the highlights - poor skaven got hammered by every critical die roll i needed and i kept escaping by the skin of my teeth when it was time for him to retaliate.   juggernaut played a huge roll in keeping me afloat as i staggered through a bazillion skulls to get to those precious pows.  i scored a bit early to give iain a chance to actually play instead of just click end turn and was promptly chastened by nuffle for my mercy - so it goes!
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 17, 2013, 09:49:19 AM

I am at GMT+10 so iirc about 18 hours ahead of you. I'm at work nine to five, so I'll have to squeeze a time in around that. I am open to getting up early though.
I'm GMT+1, so only 9 hours :)

How about thursday some time around 9 to 10 my time, which should be 18 to 19 for you? Assuming I didn't horribly fuck up the timezone counting.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #75 on: December 17, 2013, 07:55:49 PM

I am at GMT+10 so iirc about 18 hours ahead of you. I'm at work nine to five, so I'll have to squeeze a time in around that. I am open to getting up early though.
I'm GMT+1, so only 9 hours :)

How about thursday some time around 9 to 10 my time, which should be 18 to 19 for you? Assuming I didn't horribly fuck up the timezone counting.

I probably read the time zones wrong then. Sounds good, let's try for that time.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 18, 2013, 09:00:02 AM

1830 EDT?

Ah, I missed you stating a time.  I cannot play that early, as I;ve got a board meeting at 1830 my time.  I am not sure how long it will last, but I do not anticapate it take more than an hour and a half.  I will look for you when I return.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 19, 2013, 04:16:22 AM

I played Megrim, here's the results:

Would do a writeup, but I gotta make lunch.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 19, 2013, 04:19:34 AM

Are we nearly at day three yet? I wanna kill some elves so bad.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 19, 2013, 05:15:15 AM

Ingmar, I got your message.

I'm going to go ahead and concede this game. I don't think our our schedules are going to mesh and I'm not going to hold the week up, which will happen with the holidays and all. First concession in eight seasons for me isn't so bad.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 19, 2013, 05:54:21 AM

Are we nearly at day three yet? I wanna kill some elves so bad.

This.

I have over 1 million inducements to get spending.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 06:13:53 AM

With MA conceding to Ingmar, that just leaves the Avaia v Strazos game. If that game isn't played or a definite schedule posted by tomorrow morning (Euro time) I'll award it as a draw and move the day on. As the next week is likely to be a difficult one for scheduling given all the travelling, visitors and so forth, day 3 will be extra long to give you all plenty of time to arrange time to play.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: December 19, 2013, 06:43:56 AM

With MA conceding to Ingmar, that just leaves the Avaia v Strazos game. If that game isn't played or a definite schedule posted by tomorrow morning (Euro time) I'll award it as a draw and move the day on. As the next week is likely to be a difficult one for scheduling given all the travelling, visitors and so forth, day 3 will be extra long to give you all plenty of time to arrange time to play.

Yeah, I ran late last night and Strazos was offline by the time I got on. 

Strazos, please PM me here and we can arrange.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #83 on: December 19, 2013, 10:42:32 AM

I could still theoretically try to squeeze something in Friday night if you want to try again.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:35 PM

Can't, unfortunately. I've gone from final exams to out of town guests to Christmas prep with a side of things coming up ass early each and every morning.

It's totally cool. Really. I don't mind the concession. I mean, I don't love it, but I don't mind it.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #85 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:23 PM

So Avaia and I managed to squeeze the match in. I believe we both uploaded it (I had to re-discover my logins and such, but 2x uploading shouldn't hurt anything).

Bleating wins the toss and chooses to receive. Before he even makes a move I'm concerned about the safety of my players, as his TV dwarfs my own. My consolation is that this gap allows me to buy a wizard, some rerolls, and apothecary. Anyway, I kick off and Bleating starts their slow trundle down the field. About halfway through the half I manage to get a blitz on the exposed ball carrier by using copious amounts of dodge, and somehow pop the ball out. I'm even able to get a hold of it, but I'm not able to keep it. Bleating eventually gets it back and manages to eek it across the line right before the half, but not before I manage to knock out his lead goat.

The elves receive to start the second half, and they know they're going to have to play a bit dangerously to turn this into a win. Luckily, all of the players Bleating KO'd in the first half at back at it in the second half. Using more dodges and some timely blocks, I manage to get a witch elf into scoring position with a successful pass. With plenty of time left on the clock, I 2xGFI the ball in for my first score immediately, hoping that I can either get the ball back or at least prevent a score. I kick off, and Bleating picks it up and starts to motor forward, but is not able to form a complete cage around the ball. Again I am able to pop it out along the sidelines and toss a pass to a waiting elf for the go-ahead score. I kickoff again, and the crowd works itself into a frenzy and riot in the stands for the second time this half. Bleating has to try to go for a quick score, and while they're able to get goats in position, the elves blitz all eligible receivers down to the turf to deny the play. The elves then call in their wizard to take out as many remaining Bleating players, scorching one of the monsters to death. Bleating takes it out on the remaining elves to the extent possible, and tosses up a brick...but to no avail.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #86 on: December 20, 2013, 06:42:10 AM

stabby you need to improve your play man. that was just pathetic display of effort you shown in our practice session.
match stat

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: December 20, 2013, 06:53:20 AM

Well, technically it's like I only lost 2-1. So it's not like I did that bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 2. Green Grass and High Tides.  
Jump to: