Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:24:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  (Read 19525 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: November 30, 2013, 02:24:47 PM

And by 'it' I obviously mean Blood Bowl!

Here are the fixtures for Day 1. The seeding video is available here for those of you who want to watch me mumble into a webcam for ten minutes or so..

The deadline for these games is Monday 9th December. Please make sure that you have played your game by that date.

Remember that the winner must upload the game to BBManager after the match before it will be validated. I've created an f13 Season 8 league in there with the same password as the ingame league (fearchange)

Good luck all!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 03:36:19 PM

Gruntle has got the ball rolling.
We should be playing around this time tomorrow.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 03:57:46 PM

We should be playing around this time tomorrow.
We'll get this season going with some blood, as Rebourne and I try to paint the field red.
Akin to a sacrifice for a bountiful harvest, we may hope to offer at least a death on each
side for a rich and rewarding season to come.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 05:31:41 PM

Division 1:

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 06:57:32 PM

Division 3:

Ohhhhh, I see.

Stabby, I live in Poland with Polen ball currently.  Where do you live?  Since chances are that our time zones are very different, we should probably try to play Sunday, or else we will have to wait till next weekend.  Granted, I'm posting this at 4 AM Sunday polish time after spending the evening in a club built in the catacombs beneath the Warsaw opera house, so it may have to be later in the day for me.....

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:53 PM

Hey guys! The league's up and running now, oh goody! Let's take a quick peek at where I am and - ACK!

... aww cwaaap.

Oh, hi Teleku. Currently in the more eastern side of Canada (should be 11pm-ish for me as I hit 'Post'), and unfortunately tomorrow won't be good as I've just been informed that I shall be entertaining company (always the last to know somewhow), and there's no way I could spare the time for a game.

Bright side though, so far I've got a 50/50 chance of getting this Friday off from class, so that should give some ease in scheduling a game.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:21 PM

Stabby if u cry again after md1 i will fly to canada and play doctor with you like we're still 6 yo
drogg, not sure if I have you on steam - anyway Im GMT+8
I can play in 8 hours from this time of edit.

I work 9am to 8pm
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:10:57 PM by rk47 »

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

Allright, uh, Halflings. State your terms.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 09:51:25 PM

15 f azn bb cim bbj  awesome, for real

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 09:59:40 PM

I don't think any of the Minizillas are eligible for zombie conversion.  angry

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

Yo MA. Are you UK? This will be nasty. I gotta work all week and next sat is taken up by being hungover and another party. Perhaps late your sat or early your Sunday may work?
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 12:07:19 AM

Rats killing rats, this ain't how the world should be.

When can you play IanC? I can probably get free most weekday evenings(europe time)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 02:22:37 AM

0-3 defeat for theorists. The game started with the humans taking out a beastman (niggling injury) on the first roll of the game followed by a chaos warrior being ko'd (until turn 15) with the second roll.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Other highlights for the chaos team included a failed GFI (with a reroll used) leading to the death of a level 2 beastman (apo didn't help).
While the score wasn't terrible when the first half ended I was down 6 players when the second half started.  why so serious?

statistics:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:21:27 AM by satael »
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 02:47:13 AM

Ur born under a dark sign satael.thats all i can say.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 02:58:07 AM

Eastern time is actually good, stabby.  I'm 5 hours ahead, which means I should be able to catch you for a game at around 11 pm my time (6 pm your time) before I got to bed, any night of the week.  Assuming you work a 9 to 5 type job.

If so, just message me with a night you'll be open, and we can go from there.  Think I'm mostly free this week.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 03:03:54 AM

Uploaded my match vs Satael to BBmanager (hope I did it propa 'cause I've never used it before).

That match was certainly... intredasting awesome, for real

I fully expect my next matches to go in a completely opposite manner, as I'm sure I've just spent my entire luck pool for the season Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 04:49:36 AM

Jaedar, I'm in Europe too and free most evenings after work. How does Tuesday at around 9pm CET work for you?

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 06:06:49 AM

Jaedar, I'm in Europe too and free most evenings after work. How does Tuesday at around 9pm CET work for you?
It works, but if possible I'd prefer an hour earlier.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 12:21:18 PM

I'm away till Wednesday night UK time. We should try to make it a D&M plus main league double bill.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:26 PM

I'll be home around 8. I can start at any time after that.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, 02:18:34 PM

I'm away till Wednesday night UK time. We should try to make it a D&M plus main league double bill.

Sounds hot.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:46 PM

We'll get this season going with some blood, as Rebourne and I try to paint the field red.
Akin to a sacrifice for a bountiful harvest, we may hope to offer at least a death on each
side for a rich and rewarding season to come.

Well for our part, it'll be a poor harvest this season; no deaths. 6 injuries on the Wrestler side (5 snotlings and 1 ogre, all badly hurt) and 2 for the Helmets (chaos warrior and a beastman, also only badly hurt). There were red splotches on a lot of the field but nothing more serious. We both got to level someone.

The match score was 1-2 with the Helmets taking the lead in the first half on a failed 1-turn score snotling toss attempt which Reborne perfected in the last turn putting up his solitary point with a perfect balled up snotling toss (well, last turn but for the riot that added a turn to the clock).

Up on bbmanager
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:28:36 PM by Gruntle »
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

Eastern time is actually good, stabby.  I'm 5 hours ahead, which means I should be able to catch you for a game at around 11 pm my time (6 pm your time) before I got to bed, any night of the week.  Assuming you work a 9 to 5 type job.

If so, just message me with a night you'll be open, and we can go from there.  Think I'm mostly free this week.

Well that sounds good to me, especially since I usually make it home at 4ish on weekdays so we bump it up an hour if it's easier for you. Shall we try for Tues or Wednesday perhaps?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:28 PM

Uploaded my match vs Satael to BBmanager (hope I did it propa 'cause I've never used it before).

That match was certainly... intredasting awesome, for real

I fully expect my next matches to go in a completely opposite manner, as I'm sure I've just spent my entire luck pool for the season Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

i shall be as gentle as der fuhrer in his final days spent in the bunker of '45
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:39:51 AM by rk47 »

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 01:09:58 AM

I'll be home around 8. I can start at any time after that.
Coolio, may the best rat win.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:20 AM

Hi Ingmar since I am UK bound I am pretty sure we are going to have to schedule for a weekend match up, can make time pretty much any night in the week up until 11pm UK time if you do get any time that matches otherwsie is Saturday or Sunday ok for you? If so which one and do you have an idea of what time you can play?

Cheers
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 06:51:26 AM

Yo MA. Are you UK? This will be nasty. I gotta work all week and next sat is taken up by being hungover and another party. Perhaps late your sat or early your Sunday may work?

I'm East Coast US. What's our time difference?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 09:25:40 AM

rk i'm still on the east coast until late-ish tomorrow - will ping you once i'm home and settled and we can do battle Mob
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 10:36:53 AM

Hi Ingmar since I am UK bound I am pretty sure we are going to have to schedule for a weekend match up, can make time pretty much any night in the week up until 11pm UK time if you do get any time that matches otherwsie is Saturday or Sunday ok for you? If so which one and do you have an idea of what time you can play?

Cheers

I am still at work until after midnight your time on weekdays, so I think it will have to be Saturday. Pretty much free all day, so maybe around noon my time which is 8 or 9 your time? Alternately late Saturday evening my time would be your Sunday morning.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 10:43:37 AM

I am still at work until after midnight your time on weekdays, so I think it will have to be Saturday. Pretty much free all day, so maybe around noon my time which is 8 or 9 your time? Alternately late Saturday evening my time would be your Sunday morning.

Saturday night works for me, will be online from around 8pm UK time and logged into Steam so just hit me up when you are free.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 10:46:34 AM

Sounds like a plan.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 05:20:24 PM

So, I'd rather not have to play my elves against Ruvaldt's team again - they're very good at what they do.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:37 PM

The First Ladies 2 - 0 Effing Elves

Strazos wisely chose an apothecary and some Bloodweiser Babes with his 190k inducements.  I lost the coin toss and Strazos elected to receive.  I actually remembered to use my kicker this time and I got a nice bounce close to the LOS along with a Perfect Defense.  I didn't calculate Strazos' guard properly though and I actually set him up with some pretty juicy dwarven targets.  In his first turn he picked up the ball, formed a nice cage, and knocked down a lot of my dwarves.  I was able to recover, knock around some elves, and blitz with my star centaur in my first turn.  After that it all got a little crazy.

Strazos made a tidy hole in my defenses while badly injuring my +STR centaur ball-handler, and put his Witch ball-holder close the sidelines on my side of the field.  I managed to surround him a bit, and after two turns I surfed a blitzer and knocked down the witch, but the ball was tossed back in deep into my territory with nary a dwarf in sight.  Strazos nearly got an elf on the ball, but failed his GFI while taking the last step and I was able to pick it up with my other centaur.  Over the next four turns I ran upfield, screening with my dwarves who were already midfield.

Over the first half I inflicted two injuries and a death, though one of the injuries was called back and the death was turned into a wounded knee.  I also KO'd three, including the Witch.  Going into the second half things looked pretty grim for Strazos.

I received the ball and a riot ensued.  I went through my turn, picking up the ball, and on Strazos' 10th turn he forfeited the match.  Can't say I blame him.  I had KOd or injured a lot of his blitzers and what was left were very vulnerable linemen that I was planning to gobble up for SPPs.  It was a valiant effort on Strazos' part, but I think there might be a little rust left from his African safari.  I'm sure he'll return to form soon, and he didn't sustain any terrible long-term injuries other than the wounded knee.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 03, 2013, 11:25:36 PM

Bleating defeats Burrowing Beetles 1-0.

I am rusty, missing a blitz-ra and thro-ra and kicker, and was down by a few or more players for much of the game (and two tomb guardians for a lot of my offensive "drive"), but the game was not nearly as bad as I had feared.   The Khemri are like a pair of old musty comfortable shoes.  I missed these slow bastards.  

Nobody died, thanks to a 100% regeneration roll success rate.

The Beast was incredibly stupid, that helped.  When avaia uploads it, I look forward to seeing just how many Stupid rolls it missed.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:26 PM

Beast was 8/14 on stupid rolls, and always had a friend with the exception of two rolls, on which he went 1/2.  5 1s of the other 12, it happens...

I killed two in the first two turns, but they both made the regen rolls.  Everybody made their regen rolls all game long, and everyone made their KO rolls.

I got a goat to level 6, hooray?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  
Jump to: