Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:35:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  (Read 19564 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 03:43:19 AM

MA, you out there?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 04, 2013, 06:05:44 AM

Yeah dude. Posted to you here two days ago. :(

I'm East Coast US. I can probably swing a weekend date. I do have school finals coming up, so shit is going to be somewhat weird, but I can adjust my study times with a set schedule.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37 on: December 04, 2013, 12:27:35 PM

Eastern time is actually good, stabby.  I'm 5 hours ahead, which means I should be able to catch you for a game at around 11 pm my time (6 pm your time) before I got to bed, any night of the week.  Assuming you work a 9 to 5 type job.

If so, just message me with a night you'll be open, and we can go from there.  Think I'm mostly free this week.

Well that sounds good to me, especially since I usually make it home at 4ish on weekdays so we bump it up an hour if it's easier for you. Shall we try for Tues or Wednesday perhaps?
Sorry, got distracted by things/life/drama.  I'm home and will be online for several hours after this if you want to get a game in.  Looks like its 3:30 your time, so hopefully you'll be free within an hour or two.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 04, 2013, 12:55:26 PM

Yeah dude. Posted to you here two days ago. :(

I'm East Coast US. I can probably swing a weekend date. I do have school finals coming up, so shit is going to be somewhat weird, but I can adjust my study times with a set schedule.

Aw crap, my bad. Must have missed in the rush! You need an avatar!

East coast us is hmm NY is 8 hours ahead of me, a day behind (16 hours behind). So I'd say the best bet is early my Sunday which would be your Saturday arvo. Anything from 9am-1pm my time / 5-9pm your time works for me. Possibly we could also try the same on my sat / your Friday night.

Otherwise we'd be looking at late evening. For me super early for you: 11pm / 7am.

Let me know what's best.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:53 PM

Want to go 8pm my time on my Saturday night? (I think I have that right) I'm always on Steam so you can ping me then.

I also will never have an avatar. I like to be mysterious. It enhances my sex appeal.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 04:09:54 PM

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure that's Noon my Sunday, but I'll probably pop on early and see if you're on Steam, etc.

I shouldn't probably try and play a warmup game so I don't suck too badly...
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #41 on: December 04, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

drogg i'll be home for the next 12 hrs. just waiting for you online

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:54 PM

drogg i'll be home for the next 12 hrs. just waiting for you online
i've possibly fried my SSD :(  working on possible fixes or workarounds - worst case, i can pull out my old laptop that still has blood bowl installed, but i'm going to keep working on a fix for at least tonight.  will keep you posted!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:46 AM

sad. took a day off. guess i'll paint more maps in Ck2

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 05, 2013, 12:08:22 PM

So I'm back again Stabby.  I see you haven't logged in since I last posted!  Well I'm back for the rest of the night, available for a few hours more.  I've just come from a surprise birthday party at the embassy bar, where lots of polish vodka was poured.  So I'm a very prime target right now if you want to sneak attack me.  I really tend not to look at the odds of success of moves when very drunk!  Message me on steam if you see me.  Else, well, I've been asked out the next few nights, so after this it may have to wait till Sunday.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 05, 2013, 12:16:13 PM

Whatever else the might say about working for the US government, you and Strazos certainly seem to like it enough to pop it I to every second post! ;)
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 05, 2013, 12:43:56 PM

Played Against IainC. Was a pretty exciting game in general, with many high stakes failures and clutch plays. In the end I won 2-1.

I really need to dump some linos, why do I have 15 rats on my team.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #47 on: December 05, 2013, 01:07:39 PM

Fursecution 1 - 2 Family of Twitch

Very close game with the usual end-to-end Skaven craziness. Most turns one side or the other was threatening a breakout TD. Jaedar opted to receive and got a bunch of rats behind my line. We both pushed each other around to limited effect and then he made his play, moving to a sideline to throw to an unmarked receiver. The thrower fluffed the catch and I came in mob handed to clear it up. Surfed the thrower off the pitch and formed a partial cage to protect my thrower against the sideline. I pushed forwards and got the ball out to a linerat who could score, stalled for a turn to try and head off an equaliser and scored on turn 5.

We set up again and this time he left his thrower open with the ball to an extreme range Gutter Runner blitz, I only got a push though and he easily dodged away to a clear space where he could pass it to an open rat in my backfield. Once again though Jaedar's thrower fluffed the throw. This time I wasn't able to cover it so well but I was able to bring the two Gutter Runners who'd been marking him before to blitz again and surf him off the pitch. That plan worked perfectly right up to the point where I rolled block dice, double skulls and no reroll gave the initiative back to Jaedar. There was a bit of a scuffle as Jaedar failed a pick up in his next turn and I made a rather pointless play to swoop in and grab the ball. I hadn't realised that it was the last turn so I went to set up for a score on my next turn rather than beating up his team.

The second half was just as exciting. I set up for a standard run/throw play and got a bunch of rats in his backfield. Jaedar covered them all but I felt good about the pass anyway, threw to a marked rat and his marker made the interception. From there he snapped it back and carried it over my line to even the score quickly. Still plenty of time to play however so I set up again and held back for a bit longer to avoid the possibility of another interception. My thrower had a couple of guys on him but I cleared those away, then cleared the markers on my chosen receiver. I wasn't paying attention to the clock however and while I was trying to figure out the best spot to move and throw to, I ran out of time giving Jaedar a gold-plated opportunity to mug my catcher and take the ball within a few squares of my line. He took it of course and scored again after holding out for a turn or two.

Last drive and I had two turns to make it a tie - definitely possible but I needed Nuffle to smile on me. Got my receivers clear, moved the thrower into place for a 4+ pass (with Pass) to a catcher with Catch but he fumbled the pass and that was the game.

Could have turned out very differently due to a lot of critically failed rolls on both sides and a stupid mistake from me.

We both got a level up out of it and no serious injuries on either side.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:09:36 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:37 PM

So I'm back again Stabby.  I see you haven't logged in since I last posted!  Well I'm back for the rest of the night, available for a few hours more.  I've just come from a surprise birthday party at the embassy bar, where lots of polish vodka was poured.  So I'm a very prime target right now if you want to sneak attack me.  I really tend not to look at the odds of success of moves when very drunk!  Message me on steam if you see me.  Else, well, I've been asked out the next few nights, so after this it may have to wait till Sunday.

Interesting... well, just messaged you on Steam, but on the offchance you're currently passed out and drooling on your keyboard I'll just mention that I've got a day off tomorrow and am completely free if you're up for an afternoon game (your time of course). Right now my brain is fried at the moment (well, more so that is) from exams, and a burnt piece of toast could probably beat me at BB, so we're on equal footing if you do want to play today.

Also, do pardon the quiet from me yesterday, 'twas a bad day in stabby-land. I'll spare everyone the details and proceed to directly say it's probably RK's fault, though he probably doesn't know what I'm going about.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 03:01:48 PM

Did I hit you too hard?  why so serious?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 05, 2013, 03:28:59 PM

A game was played.  Elven master race wins again, of course.

Stabby played well, only making a few newbie mistakes.  The biggest being attempting to foul one of my wardancers with a werewolf at the start of the game, which fouled said wolf out for the remainder of it.  He also had some bad dice rolls (2 double skulls to my 1, ect), being unable to knock my guys down or injure them to much.  On the flip side, he wisely chose a halfing master chef with his 900'ish god damned indictments, who promptly stole half of my re-rolls each round.  This prevented me from doing to much elven bullshit even when I had the opportunity, keeping the score a modest 2-0.  If he can get those wolves leveled, he should be a serious threat to even veteran players.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:31:01 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 05, 2013, 03:34:59 PM

Stabby played well, only making a few newbie mistakes.  The biggest being attempting to foul one of my wardancers with a werewolf at the start of the game, which fouled said wolf out for the remainder of it.

Woah minute mon oncle Tom, let's get our facts straight here. It was a zombie who was kicked out from foulin' your 'dancer, and that was on turn 5 or so.

The werewolf was kicked out for the first turn fouling of your tree  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 03:47:13 PM by stabby the mime »
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 05, 2013, 03:59:33 PM

Oh my dear lord, you are correct!  Your vital werewolf was indeed fouled out of the game on the first turn for attempting to foul my AV 10 Treeman.  I deeply apologize for the smear on your honor.

In other news, ohgodohgoddontevertrytofoulatreemanunlessyouhaveyourentireteamaroundhimandespeciallynotwithakeyplayertoyourteamohgodohgoditsapointlessexcercisehecantbekilledhefeelsnopainnonfearoremotionhewillcomeforyouinyoursleeptrustmejustrun....

-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 04:32:01 PM

I hope you're prepared for a lot more zombie on wardancer fouling action later in the season.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:31 PM

Goblins on everything!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 05:32:22 PM

why do I have 15 rats on my team.

So i can kill them for SPPs.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 05, 2013, 06:36:22 PM

the MBR repair process has now been running for ~24 hours with no end in sight :( rk, what's your weekend like?  if you've got time sunday, i'd like to give my desktop as much time as possible before going with the old laptop, but if sunday's out let me know when you're free saturday and i'll try and get it all set up.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:02 PM

I'm on a 7 day week.
GMT +8 
9 AM to 8 PM I'll be outside my home.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 06, 2013, 04:35:21 AM

Megrim, how are you fixed this weekend? Saturday morning, or Sunday evening UK time are both good for me.

Other times also possible.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: December 06, 2013, 09:55:43 AM

I'm on a 7 day week.
GMT +8 

GMT -8 here - maybe your sunday/my saturday would be best?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #60 on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:25 AM

Whatever else the might say about working for the US government, you and Strazos certainly seem to like it enough to pop it I to every second post! ;)
Woah Woah Woah - I challenge you to substantiate this since I actually try not to bring it up out of context.

I mean,  no one really cares, right?

Still looking forward to my next match, which should hopefully be more competitive.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 06, 2013, 12:57:02 PM

Somebody validate my game, I got a skill up and want to see what I rolled!!!   awesome, for real

-Stephen Colbert
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 06, 2013, 02:43:53 PM

I'm on a 7 day week.
GMT +8  

GMT -8 here - maybe your sunday/my saturday would be best?

k i'll just stay online whenever i can
add me on steam

stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 06, 2013, 03:55:06 PM

Oh my dear lord, you are correct!  Your vital werewolf was indeed fouled out of the game on the first turn for attempting to foul my AV 10 Treeman.  I deeply apologize for the smear on your honor.

Don't mind me, just not one to back away and cover up my own quirks & quibbles.

Oh, and as I didn't noticed this at the time (in hindsight, naming everyone 'Stan Bush' does make it a little hard to keep track of who's who), it seems that Nuffle appreciates ambition, restless enthusiasm, and a good ol' Can Do! attitude, as guess which one of my little doggies ended up getting MVP?  Facepalm

... Nuffle always gets the last laugh it seems.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:57:18 PM by stabby the mime »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #64 on: December 06, 2013, 03:56:12 PM

The only better place for an MVP to land is on a flesh golem, so that's worth celebrating really.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 06, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

True, but right now it feels like I'm dealing with with an old, reliable hunting dog and an excitable little chihuahua. The former is a solid workhorse, doing what he's told and earning his keep, where as the latter is a damned migraine on four legs who keeps stealing the treats.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 06, 2013, 05:22:07 PM

The solution is obviously to dismiss all positionals and rely in a full zombie team.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 07, 2013, 02:13:49 AM

Thats a great MVP drop dude, be happy with it, haha.  Those wolves are killer once you give them a skill or two.  The sooner the better.

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 07, 2013, 04:20:21 AM

Hmm,

Connection failed 1-0 down to Megrim on turn 16.

If you got the win and your spp, great, if not and you want to play again for the easy spp, let me know.

*Theoretically* I was a pick up 6, double dodge, throw teammate and 40%ish chance on the scatter from a draw!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:27:56 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 12:51:29 PM

Me and willisterman played our game, the BridgeBurners won 2-1 against his Keep Rolling!, mostly due to some very lucky werewelf bs. One of my zombies got an MNG, one got BH and two of his dwarves got BH as well.

I got a blitz on the kick off which I turned into a very lucky turn 2 TD to get his deathroller off the pitch. My second touchdown came on turn 8 and involved two dodges, one of them into a tackle zone and a pick up that I had to reroll. Willisterman was a good sport about it, but it seemed like whenever I really needed a good roll I got it. he played a good, solid game, but I outlucked him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  
Jump to: