Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  (Read 19257 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #70 on: December 07, 2013, 01:40:50 PM

im around if u wanna play drog

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 07, 2013, 03:20:46 PM

The Minizilla's 4 - The Banned 1

I got a very nufflicious re-introduction to bloodbowl tonight with the blood bowl god smiling on me and not making me pull my hair out in frustration as I only failed 1 roll all match and that was a non critical turn over and my skinks handling and dodging was top notch making multiple 3 tile dodges when they needed to. Ingmar had 400k inducements and went for the star Vampire and some Budweiser babes, of which the babes probably earned their corn more than the star player unfortunately for Ingmar.

I won the toss and elected to kick first and hit a deep kick-off that Ingmars sure hands ghoul managed to fumble on the pick up allowing me to swarm skinks up the pitch with the hope of putting pressure on the carrier in the next turn. I duly got my wish and things got even better as I got a couple of Saurus to join the pressure and though Ingmar tried to make his carrier safe he didn't manage to get out of his own half, finally failing a dodge to my Krox's prehensile tail and I swooped a skink in for the opening score on turn 5.

Ingmar received the kick again and went for a strong left side push, helped out by a disgruntled fan hurling a rock at one of my Saurus on that side of the pitch making the chances of punching a hole through with his MA8 werewolves quite likely on the next turn. Unfortunately for Ingmar my break tackle Saurus made his dodge then 2 GFI's and scored the required POW to spill the ball, which then allowed me to use a skink with GFI's to make a cage behind Ingmar's main line. Next turn there was not a whole lot to do for The Banned as there was no hope of getting his players behind me to make a proper defence so after marking my cage corners Ingmar attempted a dodge into the cage to sack the carrier that failed and let me run in a turn 7 score for a 2 - 0 lead going into half time.

In the second half I set myself up for my standard 2 turn score play and though Ingmar hit a very nice close kick the pickups and hand offs all work so I am now in a sideline cage in score range with a lot of Saurus's free to beat up on the rest of The Banned. I didn't figure on the star Vamp who finally started to earn some of his pay by Hypno gazing a cage corner and allowing a blitz on the carrier, unfortunately Ingmar didn't realise he needed a pow so chose not to re-roll a defender stumbles and seeing as this setup wasn't as safe as I though with that damn Vamp on the pitch I ran in a third score on turn 9.

Turn 10 see's Ingmar KO my main threat Saurus Xhoqtl, the mighty blow, frenzy stand firm tackle monster who so far had actually done very little and would take no further part in the match. I patch a makeshift defence up and get markers on the ball carrier twice and though I do get 1 opportunity to blitz the ghoul dodge saves him and on turn 13 Ingmar scores his first of the match. I setup again for a quick score and the play works fine for a 4-1 lead. it almost didn't as Nuffle gifted a Blitz to Ingmar, but luckily for me he hit a long kick rather than a short one, if he had got the ball I would have struggled to get it back since I had loaded one side of the pitch with Saurus and had only skinks on the side the ball landed, fortunately for me I blitzed a covering werewolf and made the pick ups and hand offs to skuttle up the pitch for a turn 15 score.

With only 1 turn left I leave the mandatory 3 on the LOS and put every other player by the touchline and then the ref decides to move the clock back a turn which gives Ingmar a second opportunity to claw up a LOS saurus and my Krox, luckily no harm is done and the match ends with an opening day victory for the Lizardmen.

Ingmar played a solid game as usual but his star player let him down in the first half by not really accomplishing much and failing a couple of key hypnotic gazes and he wasn't helped by the fact that nuffle smiled on me tonight with all my critical rolls working every time so the difference in TV's told over the course of the match. I had 1 badly hurt Skink and Ingmar lost both Flesh Golems, one to a MNG and also a zombie kicker to MNG. Match is submitted on BBmanager.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 04:39:15 PM

I am tempted to fire my leveled ghoul, pretty much every bad roll I had at the start of the game is on his hands. Stupid Dawn Falcon.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 04:41:58 PM

Hmm,

Connection failed 1-0 down to Megrim on turn 16.

If you got the win and your spp, great, if not and you want to play again for the easy spp, let me know.

*Theoretically* I was a pick up 6, double dodge, throw teammate and 40%ish chance on the scatter from a draw!

Yep, just confirming that I did get the win for this. A pity to end like that, but I can't complain about the spp and cash. I'm sure Nuffle will slap me in the head later.

Surprisingly tense match. With only one point on the board for the entire game, every time the flings got the ball in amongst the trees, I was sweating over how I was going to get the ball back. Luckily for me, one of the trees managed to get separated somewhat, and wasn't able to fully rejoin the melee. Good luck to the Halflings in their next game!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: December 07, 2013, 05:41:03 PM

drogg im available for the game in 10 hours from this post
assuming if u fail to make it again
it's monday tomorrow in RK's world.
I dunno how we gonna manage this.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 07, 2013, 05:47:14 PM

I am not happppppy!! I hate dwarves more than ever!

Game went from the ball in my goblin's hand three squares from the endzone, two turns to go 1-1 on the board, to a bull centaur picking up the ball and making 5 GFIs over two turns to run out and score with the last action. Thrilling, tense and ultimately very very frustrating!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:54:16 PM by lamaros »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: December 07, 2013, 05:52:40 PM

A match rather determined by the Sweltering Heat we rolled early on and which never dissipated. Wide open match with lots of bashes, missed rolls, and general mayhem on both sides. Chaos Dwarves won it on a last turn TD which easily could have gone to the Underworld with some not shit dodges at the end.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 07, 2013, 05:58:31 PM

The game was an interesting one, with neither side really getting a stronger presence on the pitch despite some strong bashing efforts at various points. Claw didn't do a whole lot, but then the dwarves found the goblins and rats harder to bash through than expected also, with the Troll playing a smart game and causing a bit of damage.

I was perhaps a little unlucky not to score in the first half, with a failed catch proving key, while MA picked up a few extra re-rolls on the kickoffs and snuck a slight advantage with the sweltering heat rolls (mostly in that my star blitzer was pushed to the sidelines). But in the second I got a better run, and after sneaking in a score on turn 12 looked to be back in the game.

MA was down to 0 re-rolls this time around and two failed pickups let me in. My big-hand two-heads goblin popped up through three TZs, running in and snatching the ball. Then he tried a GFI and fell down. However next turn he got up to repeat the feat and looked good to score. Then a heroic dodge from a dwarf and a hard hit put him on his ass again and out of the game.

From there MA managed to get a pickup right. A successful pass down field was dropped by the centaur, but it put the ball back into the right spot for the slow moving chaos dwarf side. When my goblin pickup failed to retrieve it once more the scene was set for a thrilling end, duly provided by the centaur, who picked up the ball and then ran straight down to the other end of the pitch. A poorly constructed defensive effort, which saw a skaven thrower marking the centaur and a troll attempting to make a dodge blitz (really, why didn't I blitz with the thrower? 2d against is still decent if I have block and he doesn't...), was bashed through and the centaur then scored.

Kicking myself for a few stupid plays at various points, but MA held in when the luck was against him and took the points in a pretty even match.

This sets up a very difficult season for me, with this being one of the few games where I actually had a TV advantage to work with. I can only hope the second troll gives me enough to find a way through the real heavy hitters in this division.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:20:18 PM by lamaros »
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: December 08, 2013, 05:47:28 AM

So, fun match (for me) ending 2-0. I think it would've been different had it been teams of equal TV, but Morg played his part and my troll did practically nothing.

Little annoyed in the second half when it wouldn't let me replace a Lineman with a Goblin, but with all the skills I had versus a new Chaos team it was unlikely to go any other way, though Wolven gave it his best shot.

In fairness he was lucky that his 3 injuries where just badly injured, nothing permanent and no-one misses the next match.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 08, 2013, 07:18:00 AM

heading to bed, fuck this shit

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 08, 2013, 12:47:13 PM

4.46 am.
hmm
someone better show up or he'll have to commit sudoku

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #81 on: December 08, 2013, 12:54:22 PM

Would you like to be his Kaishakunin?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #82 on: December 08, 2013, 02:48:30 PM

Megrim/Eldaec can you confirm that you want that match to be validated? As it stands I think Megrim gets the default win which means he gets two sets of MVP awards, two sets of winnings and Eldaec gets nothing. Also any SPPs earned during the match for any reason on either team won't be taken into account. If you want me to reset it and play the game again then let me know ASAP. Note that the deadline is tomorrow however, so if you do that you'll need to be able to schedule a game by Wednesday and post the schedule by tomorrow evening.

Drogg/R3dknight, if you can post a scheduled time for your game that is on or before Wednesday (Euro time) then I'll give you an extension. If there isn't a scheduled time by Tuesday afternoon then I'll give it as a draw and move the league on.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 08, 2013, 03:10:57 PM

Shit, I'll take a draw. If I'm the Khorne coach that is.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #84 on: December 08, 2013, 03:14:34 PM

Megrim/Eldaec can you confirm that you want that match to be validated? As it stands I think Megrim gets the default win which means he gets two sets of MVP awards, two sets of winnings and Eldaec gets nothing. Also any SPPs earned during the match for any reason on either team won't be taken into account. If you want me to reset it and play the game again then let me know ASAP. Note that the deadline is tomorrow however, so if you do that you'll need to be able to schedule a game by Wednesday and post the schedule by tomorrow evening.

Drogg/R3dknight, if you can post a scheduled time for your game that is on or before Wednesday (Euro time) then I'll give you an extension. If there isn't a scheduled time by Tuesday afternoon then I'll give it as a draw and move the league on.

B-but muh injury xp!

I will not have time to play another game before the cut-off (well, highly unlikely anyway) so I will take the win if Eldaec agrees.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: December 08, 2013, 03:18:41 PM

Yeah not sure a draw is fair to rk?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 08, 2013, 10:08:33 PM

ugh. sorry dudes.  i bought a replacement ssd today and windows is reinstalling as we speak.  redknight, i'll add you on steam tonight and we can lock down a time.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: December 08, 2013, 10:24:45 PM

yeah this is on me - you can give rk the win.  computer stuff and some bad crap IRL shot this weekend up but rk did his best to get things scheduled. we just talked and given the 16 hour difference between us its pretty unlikely we'll be able to schedule something without a weekend to pad it.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: December 08, 2013, 11:29:00 PM

B-but muh injury xp!

I will not have time to play another game before the cut-off (well, highly unlikely anyway) so I will take the win if Eldaec agrees.

This is fine.

The only spp I was getting was 2spp for badly hurting some lineman on a both down... which also broke my guy's collar bone.

And don't need no stinking TV anyway!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #89 on: December 09, 2013, 02:15:54 AM

Ok, so I'll validate the Megrim/Eldaec match and award Rk47 a 2-0 win in his game vs Drogg.

That all means the league can move on to day 2. I'll sort it all out ingame later this afternoon but you can start arranging matches now.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:15 AM

Reborne, tomorrow evening?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #91 on: December 09, 2013, 06:51:28 AM

Ericswiftblade!  I think we are scheduled to play next.

I am actually traveling to Mexico City on December 11th and this Monday/Tuesday are shaping up to be pretty busy also as a result.  I should be open to matches at pretty much any time from the 12th on though.

Let me know what works for you.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #92 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:41 AM

I'm pretty slammed the next couple days with work stuff, MA, but Wed. night, Friday night, or some time Saturday look good at the moment. Pacific time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Darth Roxor
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: December 09, 2013, 11:54:12 AM

Your demise is at hand, red knight.

May the best humans win

From the wake of Magellan to Magellan's wake.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 09, 2013, 12:50:09 PM

Willisterman and I have played our day 2 match but the results will be a SECRET until that day 2 posting goes up!
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: December 09, 2013, 01:26:18 PM

I'm in the UK Stabby and your post said Canada so pretty sure a weeknight match is going to be a no go since I cannot stay up late like Teleku can (damn you young 'uns!) so how is your weekend looking? As it stands I think I can play ant time this weekend that is suitable for us both.
stabby the mime
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 09, 2013, 02:13:28 PM

I'm in the UK Stabby and your post said Canada so pretty sure a weeknight match is going to be a no go since I cannot stay up late like Teleku can (damn you young 'uns!) so how is your weekend looking? As it stands I think I can play ant time this weekend that is suitable for us both.

Well, ideally I'm good to play whenever you're struggling to stay conscious, but since I'm looking at more funtime with exams this week I guess I can swing a weekend game. This is also good since I'm getting another money-bin full of inducements it seems, and that's going to need some plannin' (as well as brushing up on my Foulin'-Fu to prevent the repeat of certain gaffes).
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: December 09, 2013, 02:19:44 PM

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:21:38 PM by rk47 »

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: December 09, 2013, 10:43:17 PM

Ericswiftblade!  I think we are scheduled to play next.

I am actually traveling to Mexico City on December 11th and this Monday/Tuesday are shaping up to be pretty busy also as a result.  I should be open to matches at pretty much any time from the 12th on though.

Let me know what works for you.

Its going to have to be the weekend for me. I'm currently GMT, but can be pretty flexible time wise.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Day 1. Let's Get It On!  
Jump to: