Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  (Read 326520 times)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: November 21, 2014, 02:07:29 AM

Notice the revolutionary dual-wielding of shields. This would certainly be a masterpiece if it ever made it to release (though a $17 patronage might not be enough to keep the dream alive) why so serious?
(spoilered for size)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #771 on: November 21, 2014, 04:59:10 AM

Perhaps this is a sign that MMO players might not learn the first time, or the second time, or the third time, but somewhere around the eighteenth or nineteenth time, they won't fall for the same pitch anymore.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #772 on: November 21, 2014, 08:48:28 AM

dat sand

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #773 on: November 21, 2014, 08:53:22 AM

Maybe the things you call shields are just really large elbow guards. 
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #774 on: November 21, 2014, 08:55:34 AM

Hi-res textures on low poly models is like a multi-lane freeway right into the uncanny valley. Also, what is up with those uprights on the fence? Why is there LoD clipping so close to the camera?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #775 on: November 21, 2014, 09:10:25 AM

Computers are expensive.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #776 on: November 21, 2014, 09:17:27 AM

I'm willing to overlook some pretty shitty graphics if the game is fun.

This game won't be fun.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: November 21, 2014, 09:36:18 AM

I'm willing to overlook some pretty shitty graphics if the game is fun.

This game won't be fun.

I'd be willing to bet a few bucks on the game not being even made let alone on being fun.  Facepalm
While the double-shield thing is a relatively minor thing in some "alpha-footage" it's still a screenshot they deliberately decided to share instead of some tester pointing out something to fixed.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #778 on: November 21, 2014, 09:54:53 AM

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #779 on: November 21, 2014, 09:55:46 AM

I would unironically kick a few bucks to his Patreon if it was "literally fund my coke habit" rather than "I swearsies I'm making a poopsocker MMO".

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #780 on: November 21, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: November 21, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

I can't believe it's really stuck at 3 patrons and 17$. I am tempted to send him 1$ to see if it moves and have confirmation that there's literally only 3 people left in the world even remotely interested (for 5$ each) in his game.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #782 on: November 21, 2014, 10:29:59 AM

That video looks horrendous. Firstly why is there no 'hide UI' toggle for the godcam mode?

Secondly there are trees blowing in the wind at 1:10. Except that the leaves are blowing like sails, the entire foliage is apparently one mesh attached to the top of the trunk and it's blowing like a flag.

Thirdly, ahaha I'm not going to waste 10 minutes and 37 seconds of my life watching the rest of that shit.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: November 21, 2014, 11:11:29 AM

The combat at ~2 minutes in is hilariously bad.

Sure, we all love some fantasy landscape flybys, but this is stupid.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: November 21, 2014, 11:29:15 AM

Haha, hey, of course it is SUPER bad. But I had no other way to make you watch it. You've been Bradrolled.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #785 on: November 21, 2014, 12:10:57 PM

Haha, hey, of course it is SUPER bad. But I had no other way to make you watch it. You've been Bradrolled.

I would have watched if you said "haha, look at how bad this video is."

Well, I would have watched the first two minutes, which is what I did anyway.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #786 on: November 21, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

Aradouched!

I have never played WoW.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #787 on: November 21, 2014, 04:14:33 PM

Secondly there are trees blowing in the wind at 1:10. Except that the leaves are blowing like sails, the entire foliage is apparently one mesh attached to the top of the trunk and it's blowing like a flag.
Looks like the trees I got from one of the Unity asset store "medieval fantasy" packs. Breaks in the same manner too, when there's too much wind :P I think it's related to incorrectly setup UVs on the trees, or something. Not that it's relevant for this thread, but... ;P

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: November 21, 2014, 07:06:37 PM

I mean, I'm just as likely to lol about this game as anyone else but the videos aren't as bad as everyone seems to make them out to be.  Yeah they are pretty bad for a fully released game but for a team working with no money/all volunteers with a retard at the helm, it isn't actually that bad.

There's still plenty to laugh at about this whole thing but trees blowing in the wind incorrectly, no hide UI option, etc...  for a game in the early stages isn't really that bad.  At least they have combat which is a lot farther along then I thought they'd get to.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #789 on: November 21, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

I'm surprised they're not just posting some old Vanguard pre-alpha videos that Brad found on his hard drive.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #790 on: November 21, 2014, 09:31:00 PM

Looks like the trees I got from one of the Unity asset store "medieval fantasy" packs. Breaks in the same manner too, when there's too much wind :P I think it's related to incorrectly setup UVs on the trees, or something. Not that it's relevant for this thread, but... ;P

The whole thing looks like Unity assets thrown together.

I can forgive bad graphics if the game is good, but the game appears to be "generic MMO - the game."

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #791 on: November 22, 2014, 10:42:56 AM

Notice the revolutionary dual-wielding of shields. This would certainly be a masterpiece if it ever made it to release

I think one of them is strapped to his back an there seems to be a blade coming from where his right hand would be.

But think about how awesome a troll in PvP a guy covered in enchanted shields dual wielding magic spiked shields would be. Like a shield covering the shield that's covering the front of his plate breastplate, all of them enchanted to resist different damage types. Running around taking almost no damage, punching people to death 2d6 a blow.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #792 on: November 24, 2014, 02:35:21 PM

penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: November 28, 2014, 04:44:45 PM

Notice the revolutionary dual-wielding of shields. This would certainly be a masterpiece if it ever made it to release

I think one of them is strapped to his back an there seems to be a blade coming from where his right hand would be.

But think about how awesome a troll in PvP a guy covered in enchanted shields dual wielding magic spiked shields would be. Like a shield covering the shield that's covering the front of his plate breastplate, all of them enchanted to resist different damage types. Running around taking almost no damage, punching people to death 2d6 a blow.

Er, talking of McQuaid MMOGs, every now and then I log onto my ranger and run round EQ. I started playing the f2p last year when bored, soon levelling up from 59 (quit in 2001) to 72 whilst exploring n stuff over 3 months, and then they let you level up to 85 with full AA and a complete set of armour and weps for free but havent really bothered with it until last night, when i explored the plane of water and tried to solo raid the water god octopus thing.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:21:00 PM by penfold »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #794 on: September 29, 2015, 03:25:00 AM

Are you fucking kidding me?

But EverQuest creator Brad McQuaid and his team didn’t give up. And today, they’re announcing they have raised a seed round to fund development of the title.

The new seed funding will help the Carlsbad, Calif.-based company take a big step forward in developing its fantasy role-playing MMO, said McQuaid, chief creative officer at Visionary Realms in an interview with GamesBeat at the Gaming Insiders event last week.

Well... looking good, eh?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #795 on: September 29, 2015, 04:27:39 AM

new seed funding from a private angel investor

Who the fuck is dumb enough to give Brad McQuaid money?

Also

EverQuest, launched in 1999, had a team of 23 people. It took three years and $8 million to complete.

Pantheon won’t have a budget that big.

Good work quoting the budget for a game that entered development almost 20 years ago as it that was in anyway relevant.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: September 29, 2015, 04:45:25 AM

Considering that 8 million in 1996 equals to about 14 million in 2015 for (general) skilled labor cost and you want to do it even cheaper than in 1996....

source
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #797 on: September 29, 2015, 08:25:26 AM

Why do I get the feeling this angel investor was found in a bathroom stall somewhere?

WayAbvPar

Reply #798 on: September 29, 2015, 08:32:41 AM

new seed funding from a private angel investor

Who the fuck is dumb enough to give Brad McQuaid money?

Sometimes his Oxy dealer gives him change. Does that count?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:43 AM

Is that the entire company in that picture?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: September 29, 2015, 10:46:45 AM

It's amazing that someone went "Hey look almost every other MMO made by a big name got funded in the millions, and here's a game by a well known developer that barely got half of his $800k ask.  I think this will be a worthwhile investment"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #801 on: September 29, 2015, 11:11:10 AM

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #802 on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:38 AM

Data:

Less than $8 million.

Funding a guy who has had a success based on timing and a catass flop.

A vision for another catassery adventure, but with less oversight.

Sudden infusion of cash from unknown source who thought this was a good investment because they have little, if any, business acumen. i.e. "New Money"

Conclusion:

It's some dipshit EQ fanboi who won the lottery and decided they wanted in. Mark my words.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #803 on: September 29, 2015, 12:01:53 PM

If it's real at all. Can't people just lie about these things?

WayAbvPar

Reply #804 on: September 29, 2015, 12:51:56 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen turns out to be a real game (real bad, geddit?)  
Jump to: