Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:32:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift F2P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rift F2P  (Read 78251 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: July 29, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

The craziest nastiest RP I ever experienced was in SWTOR

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #106 on: July 29, 2014, 08:37:32 PM

I usually turn off General as soon as I log into any mmo, but yeah...just hanging out in the Fleet in TOR you get the emotes. Oh, the emotes...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #107 on: July 30, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

Since I've really only just started playing this game, I was so busy reading stuff and setting stuff up that I didn't even notice the chat.  The first few days I had it on "combat" anyway.  The other day I was restringing a piece of jewelry and thought I'd read the 1-29 chat while I worked.  OMG.  Why?  Why am I on an rp server anyway?  They've changed.  I know someone here told me that rp servers in mmos had changed but I sort of automatically gravitate to rp servers, even though I don't really rp or anything.  More mature people and nicer names and all that is now a MYTH.  Don't fall for it. 

I type "rp" way too much for someone who doesn't rp.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:04 AM

Unfortunately RP servers have become ERP servers.

Our guild in FFXIV was RP, but it was more about drama, relationships, and time spent "not in character" than actually playing a role in a game.  RP doesn't have to be a production, just don't talk about last night's ballgame or how you got a new puppy.  (Or at least speak of it in game-related terms like your new razor hound is being a little terror.)  I miss the days when even PvPers casually roleplayed.

Get off my lawn!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 30, 2014, 10:38:57 AM

As some of my friends are wont to say while playing Persona 4, "The Drama Club always is full of DRAMA."

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: July 30, 2014, 11:04:41 AM

My bf1942 clan roleplayed more than I see on mmo rp servers.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: July 30, 2014, 11:15:47 AM

I only choose RP servers to escape people with names like XxxxButtrapexxX.  That doesn't even work anymore.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: July 30, 2014, 03:24:27 PM

I used to, but eventually learned it's better when you can see them coming at a distance like that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: August 04, 2014, 11:44:04 AM

Justicar is still awesome. A little Sentinel on the side and I dump into Shaman when Justicar is capped. I've tried other soul combos but they're just not as sturdy. I've tried other classes but I really like the survivability of the tank/healer combo and for non-clerics, that means ponying up dough to buy new souls.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #114 on: August 04, 2014, 01:52:53 PM

I started with Justicar for the survivability and it is pretty awesome.  I started a warrior and that's okay, too.  My cleric almost never died... my warrior, even a tank warrior, dies lots.  I don't mind though.  It's still fun.  I suppose I'll give a rogue a go, too.  I haven't got anything to level 20.  Good lord, the fucking Dimensions in this game!  I looked at some stuff people did and they're HUGE.  Somehow I have a mossy tavern, probably from a drop or a crate or sommat, and it doesn't fit anywhere.  Dunno what to do with the thing.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 04, 2014, 04:49:55 PM

In Alpha I played a warrior to the cap at the time, got tired of the constant potion chugging (not to mention slow timers). I did a rogue a bit, but unless I play a pet class, they're a bit squishy and I'd mostly try to kite, which was very situational and no good vs ranged mobs.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 05, 2014, 05:08:59 AM

Rogue suvivability takes a big jump if you spring for the Storm Legion soul. Just about every good soloing spec goes 4 points into Tactician for curative core and then 8 points into Riftstalker for Boosted Recovery.  For that matter, Tactician is not a bad open world soul, I just never liked it. Note, that's really all it's good for though. It got nerfed into the ground because it was too good at the beginning.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: August 27, 2014, 06:28:57 AM

So, apparently this is the sort of development whale hunting supports.

Quote from: Trion dev
Experimental Oculus Support
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to announce some new experimental functionality for Rift. Support for the Oculus dev kits!

For those unfamiliar - Oculus VR (http://www.oculusvr.com/) has released two developer kits - DK1 and DK2 - which are head mounted displays that display a slightly different image for each eye, giving the illusion of a truly 3D view. Games don't work with this by default - additional work must be done to support it.
Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/public-test-shard/435836-experimental-oculus-support.html#post4882760

And an "entertaining" follow up from someone actually trying it:
Quote from: gamerw0nk0
Fun DK2 experience of the first 10 minutes:

I walked down the hill from the church in the Sanctuary new-character-area (had to make a new char for Alpha server with the oculus support) and took a quick break. When I put my DK2 back on my head afterwards, I turned around and that very moment, a busty blonde NPC walked up to me and continued walking, shoving her rack into my face. I mean, Rift girls were attractive before, but uhm, yeah, that was *different*. Whoa, watch it, girl! I'm being sexually harassed here! I actually had to laugh out loud, because those b**bs felt like they were all over my face! XD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  RIFT  |  Topic: Rift F2P  
Jump to: