Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:02:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  (Read 34339 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: April 09, 2013, 08:28:41 AM

Hey, just reached office.
Didn't think laptops would consume more juice when running games.
Was fully charged when I left office.
I'll bring the adapter home if it's possible for a rematch tonight.

There just isn't enough power in this league.

Hic sunt dracones.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #141 on: April 09, 2013, 11:24:45 PM

Skavens are pretty dangerous not because they can hurt you, but because their ability to squeeze in a touch down from just one knockdown. They can conjure a win out of nowhere. That was the expectation coming into this match for me.

But the presence of two STR 6 Ogres changed that perception. The added threat of power with high speed runners makes things difficult and I had to change my approach to the game completely. No more risky passes, especially with the bright, bright sun.

I should've gambled more, as shown by the sole use of Team RR, I wasn't in a gambling mood. And Furries did, scoring two touchdowns just like that.
But at least that first half TD was accompanied with an injury to the Superstar Ogre that has no Big Guy's weakness except loner - the biggest problem in the field that I have no counter to. Down he goes to Both Down dice, surrounded by 5 knights, and a stomp was applied by Azira the team catcher. Badly hurt. I'll take it.

When we scored the equalizing touchdown on the 2nd half, there were less than 6 rats on the field. So many heart stopping moments and plenty of blood accompanied with bowl. Good game - but I really don't relish facing Skavens in tourney matches, too much perfection required.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #142 on: April 16, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

Super late match report:

Drogg is playing himself down here for this epic duel.

It was an extremely hard fought game long awaited by f13 BloodBowl fans everywhere!

There was a sizeable TV difference between the two old rivals with Drogg surrendering 130 TV to the Necromantic team giving him enough for a travelling apothecary but not enough for a wizard.

It had been a while between games so I spent some time after winning the toss whether to receive and try to thin out Drogg's Saurii with some sharpened Werewolf claws or go for the 2-1 grind. In the end the decision to kick was made with faith that Dominic, Michael and Alfred Deakin to hold the line and their armour against the powerhouse Lizards.

It started off with a Perfect Defence for the Necromantic team on a lovely sunny day. There were only minimal changes to the Llyse's lineup. This didn't affect the Lizards smashing zombie face and breaking skulls with ease. Luckily the linezombies are old hands at taking hits and were only stunned by their blue skin foes. Drogg's bad luck started immediately though rolling lovely double skulls to burn a reroll on the first turn and failing to pick up the ball only for it to roll into another Skinks hands. The Hound however made sure this was short lived forcing Drogg to burn another reroll to make a pickup with a 4 agi skink. The cherry on top was a groin strain to a Block skink on failing to dodge away from The Hound which was promptly apothecaried.

Claw and Mighty blow quickly take out more lizards with the weakest Block Saurus badly hurt and apothecaried saved for a rainy day, however Drogg the Kroxigor is slowly stunning the entire restless team of dead. With the Necromantic line broken the ball is within scoring range for the scaly fiends and it's up to a clutch play from Atarin the Cruel. He's trapped on the sideline with a Saurus looming over him but with the agility of an wood elf he deftly spins past to smash the Skink to the ground preventing a score! Drogg responds with a blitz with his Kroxigor but the Big guy finally falls failing to break tackle his way out after rerolling a boneheaded bum.

Alive not Dead attempt no heroics against this solid blue lizardman team and hand off the ball to Calvin to score a turn later without any gratituous 2-die blocks. Drogg has 2 turns to score and gets his knocked out Saurus back but is down his least experienced block Saurus badly hurt and fails to make a pick up. Nuffle smiles on Huhnqua Huhnqua BurninLove with the Hound failing a GFI to knock down a skink. With some pushing around, it looks like HHB are about to equalise and it's up to Atarin to step again with a blitz but rolls snake eyes and knocks himself out with a concussion before shaking it off to play in the 2nd half.

Carnoslat equalises and it's 1-1 at the 2nd half with Alive not Dead receiving. Drogg makes a small mistake leaving his monster Frenzy, Mighty blow Saurus within crowdsurfing range and Llyse almost makes the mistake of not taking advantage of it. A man up and Dominic attemps to get one back by putting a swift kick to a fallen Kroxigor. He's spotted by the ref though and both teams are on 10 men on the field. Drogg the Kroxigor knocks out Alfred Deakin though a hapless orc zombie and puts pressure on the Necromantic team once more. It's slow progress however Alive not Dead are knocking out lizards while Huhnqua Huhnqua are only stunning the undead. Nuffle enjoys tormenting Drogg though and forces Alive not Dead to burn all their rerolls giving just enough for Drogg to taste a comeback but not enough for it to materialise.

Eventually the Big Lizard is knocked out by Calvin and the Necromantic team finally get their running cage in scoring range. However they still need to make a hand off to Calvin but Nuffle ensures this happens with a ease on the last turn.

Drogg definitely got the short end of the stick this match but still could have easily earned a draw if that last hand off failed or injury dice had been more generous to Huhnqua Huhnqua

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  
Jump to: