Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:55:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  (Read 34360 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 06:34:20 AM

It's mostly a big deal because rerolls are much less reliable with a big guy.

2 dice without block has a 1/9 chance of ending badly for you (1/36 chance for each of two skulls, two both downs, skull/both down or both down/skull). With block you only have the two skulls to worry about. Given that you're likely to want your big guy making a block a turn where possible as he likely has things like Mighty Blow, Claw etc you're likely to end up with a big-guy induced turnover each half on average as opposed to one very two matches with Block.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 07:05:28 AM

All I'm seeing is "claw is awesome and I'm approving your game right now" Iain. :D
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:22 AM

I would NEVER take claw over block. EVER. I'm not the type to get into the minutae of the numbers but there's one number I can point to. Many of my games this season as skaven have had me at 60% or higher block success rate because a lot of the guys I block with have block (or wrestle), including my big Rat Ogre. I much prefer big bruiser not to be on his ass because once he's down, he's as likely to stay down as not.

Also, guard over jump up on the werewolf. Guard is just so useful.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:03 AM

I'm also not that opposed to throwing a -2 die block against an opponent without block, if I have block.  And chances are if your big dude goes down, he's getting a stomping.  DO YOU HEAR ME GRUNTLE?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #74 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:29 AM

And chances are if your big dude goes down, he's getting a stomping.

Especially if he's a mino.  They have AV8 and are more vulnerable to injuries than most big guys.  If I knock a mino down I'll foul it nearly every time.  In fact, that's what I did to Gruntle!

Edit: Also, yeah, Sjofn was right.  Sidestep was the optimal skill choice on that werewolf, I think.  I always forget about side step, but it's unbelievably useful on pieces like that.  Guard is a close second though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:17:24 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #75 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:00 AM

I would be even more likely to take block on my big guy if I was running a team with only one reroll, by the way.  tongue

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42:31 PM

Rerolls are for the weak
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #77 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42:41 PM

I love it when people attempt to foul my treeman.  I remember somebody even taking the time to line up 6 players around him before the attempt.  I had a good laugh.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 01:44:31 PM

A +5 on the armor break roll turns the treeman into a halfling, so that was a pretty good chance at doing something.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 01:45:28 PM

Edit: Also, yeah, Sjofn was right.  Sidestep was the optimal skill choice on that werewolf, I think.  I always forget about side step, but it's unbelievably useful on pieces like that.  Guard is a close second though.

Seriously, it is THE BEST, especially for frenzy characters, because you can surf to your heart's content without worry and if they eventually have guard (and all the Norse frenzy pieces get that) it makes it harder for them to shove you away to uselessness. I'd especially want it on that wolf, since he's blodgy and hard as hell to knock down now.

Of course, my wolves do not live nearly so long.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 01, 2013, 03:48:27 PM

I'm also not that opposed to throwing a -2 die block against an opponent without block, if I have block.  And chances are if your big dude goes down, he's getting a stomping.  DO YOU HEAR ME GRUNTLE?
Mr. Big (my Mino) has block -- it's the wrestle-stomp combo that I fear and hate.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #81 on: April 01, 2013, 05:11:46 PM

As long as you take tackle on your next skill up with him, he's good.

Yeah, it's a bit of a long road to level 6 for him.  Though at his particular rate of killing players, I may not have to wait that long.  why so serious?

Thank you all for helping me not loose my mind over blowing a Double roll :)

Honestly, I'd start by questioning why you have a Minotaur on a CD team in the first place.

=p

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 01, 2013, 05:14:47 PM

Minotaurs own
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 01, 2013, 06:15:59 PM

Bleating tie the Brewzers 1-1.  I had a chef steal all 3 my rerolls the first half, and a wizard kill an unskilled goat and a failed dodge turn into a smashed ankle for another.  A badly hurt on each side were the only blocking casualties.

The failed dodge came as I tried to pop the ball out early in the second half in the orc half.  Wizard took care of my defense after that, and the ork team tied it on turn 16.

A failed sure hands pickup on turn 7 also prevented me from sneaking in a second late first half score.   Heartbreak

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 01, 2013, 06:42:59 PM

avaia was a true sportsman. His Bleaters had "the 12th man" bug and he parked the extra turkey in the corner for the drive.

This game was my SUPERBOWL! I suffered no deaths and no injuries! I feel as though I should retire!

Nothing better than a Wizard zapping a (backup) guy to death. I think my Wizard would have the most XP on my team!
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 01, 2013, 09:57:34 PM

Go Gort!!  Put the boot in on behalf of all us new Ork teams who are getting fisted week in week out by Nuffle!

*Should be working*
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #86 on: April 01, 2013, 10:27:09 PM

I'm on holiday from now until Saturday the 6th of April.

So if the week can't be extended until that weekend then I'll forfeit my match against Drogg :(
you're gonna wish you had forfeited when i'm through with!

It's on!

I'm GMT +9 and am available Saturday night the 6th of April and all day Sunday to smash your lizard tails till they regenerate no more!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 02, 2013, 03:30:07 AM

Next weekend is wide open, our clocks will change so think we'll be on GMT+1 by then. Bearing that in mind, when do you want to play?

I'm unable to sleep tonight, so if you're available in the next few hours, hit me up on Steam!  But I'd say lets plan for Saturday.  I can do 7-9am GMT-7 or almost any time after 1pm my time (if you think BB is an awesome way to spend your Saturday night).  Same times work for Sunday.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:49 PM

Next weekend is wide open, our clocks will change so think we'll be on GMT+1 by then. Bearing that in mind, when do you want to play?

I'm unable to sleep tonight, so if you're available in the next few hours, hit me up on Steam!  But I'd say lets plan for Saturday.  I can do 7-9am GMT-7 or almost any time after 1pm my time (if you think BB is an awesome way to spend your Saturday night).  Same times work for Sunday.

No idea when this was posted, so no idea when now is. I'm free all saturday and BB is a perfectly acceptable way to spend saturday night :P name a time and hopefully we'll get the timezones right! (its 8pm as I post this).

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 02, 2013, 12:10:25 PM

Posts are timestamped!

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 02, 2013, 12:13:51 PM

Posts are timestamped!

Sure, yours says "Today at 01:10:25 pm". So, not very helpful in terms of timezones :P

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 02, 2013, 12:15:28 PM

You can change those settings in your profile, under "Look and Layout Preferences".

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 02, 2013, 12:34:47 PM

You can change those settings in your profile, under "Look and Layout Preferences".

So they are. Now changed. Many thanks.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:24 PM

PM'd Fildrigar but I'll leave it here too: I can play late tonight, or any time before 9pm Central any other day. Let me know your schedule and we'll figure something out.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 02, 2013, 02:52:59 PM

PM'd Fildrigar but I'll leave it here too: I can play late tonight, or any time before 9pm Central any other day. Let me know your schedule and we'll figure something out.

Emailing him might work best - I think he posted it in the last match day thread.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #95 on: April 02, 2013, 07:29:52 PM

Man, fuck this game.

Zellar Dwellarz 0 - The First Ladies 3

From turn 1, NOTHING went my way. Rat Ogre out on a foul first fucking turn, never even got a chance to block, nagging injury. Dead high level gutter runner, multiple severe nagging injuries. I'm not even sure how many guys I'll have on the pitch for the next game. I think the points are set up so that I'll likely make the playoffs no matter what, I'm just not sure how much of my team will be there. Chaos Dwarfs are meant to fuck Skaven in the ass, and a-fucking they did go. It ended on a TD. My last turn was 1 guy left standing holding the ball and trying to get out of range of a blitz, failing to and losing the ball to a blitz.

I want to apologize to Ruvaldt for being a raging dickhole. I have no excuse other than the giant cock Nuffle was ramming up my ass all again.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: April 02, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

You should be nicer to your opponents.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #97 on: April 02, 2013, 07:52:04 PM

Haemish has every reason to complain.  I had 56% success on blocks and he had a whopping 25%.  No joke.  Also, he sustained three deaths.  Granted, one was a 0 SPP linerat, but still.

I leveled a blocker, my minotaur and Eleanor Roosevelt, my ball carrying centaur.  Sadly, Morg won mvp, and it turned out that I didn't even need him.  I should've gone with my gut and got a halfling chef instead.

Also, Haemish has nothing to apologize about.  I'd be pissed too if that happened to me.  In fact, I have been.  Don't even worry about it; I look forward to getting wrecked by you next time with your built up Nuffle-karma.

Tale of the tape:

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #98 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:57 PM

Two things I wish I could do over again in this match, one was probably should've rerolled a both down/skull to something else to put a second dude against his ball runner, and the other was not open my turn all cocky-like with my shitty no-block werewolf. He had a two-die block, so naturally it came up both down/both down, making it so I couldn't get anyone on his ball runner to tie him up just long enough to prevent his second TD.

Fuck this season, man. Fuck it.

At least I finally scored. Stupid level 2 lineman got the MVP and I think he's going up, I am tempted to just fire his stupid ass.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:24 PM

Validated Ruvaldt-Haemish and Sjofn-Jasper. 6 matches to go, including everyone in my division besides me (and Satael.) Chop chop!

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #100 on: April 02, 2013, 10:24:06 PM

Lineman must've heard me bitching, and has not in fact gone up. Bought a fourth reroll because good lord do I need it. ><

Also I thought of a third thing, I would've double checked to make sure my kicking lineman wasn't mysteriously put on the fucking line, thus making it so my berserker had to kick off. And he naturally kicked off right into his GR's hands. Who was about three steps from the line.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 03, 2013, 03:14:55 AM

Watched the Ruvaldt v Haemish replay - HOLY FUCK.

Regarding the CD Minotaur double debate from a page back, I'd take Block, then Pro, then Tentacles, then Tackle, then Dodge. Hypothetically I'd consider Claw (if I had already taken Guard) after that.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 03, 2013, 05:11:21 AM

Man, fuck this game.

Zellar Dwellarz 0 - The First Ladies 3

From turn 1, NOTHING went my way. Rat Ogre out on a foul first fucking turn, never even got a chance to block, nagging injury. Dead high level gutter runner, multiple severe nagging injuries. I'm not even sure how many guys I'll have on the pitch for the next game. I think the points are set up so that I'll likely make the playoffs no matter what, I'm just not sure how much of my team will be there. Chaos Dwarfs are meant to fuck Skaven in the ass, and a-fucking they did go. It ended on a TD. My last turn was 1 guy left standing holding the ball and trying to get out of range of a blitz, failing to and losing the ball to a blitz.

I want to apologize to Ruvaldt for being a raging dickhole. I have no excuse other than the giant cock Nuffle was ramming up my ass all again.

Yeah, and then Your luck faded and half your side dies in one game...

I warned you! (Poor grammar and all).
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #103 on: April 03, 2013, 06:10:22 AM

My ball carrying centaur, Eleanor Roosevelt, is now STR5.  I also got a blocker with claw.  I prefer guard and mighty blow first, but you can't control when you get doubles.  Pretty fruitful level-ups.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #104 on: April 03, 2013, 06:42:15 AM

Mob

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  
Jump to: