Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:21:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  (Read 34029 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:48 AM

All the games for day 4 are wrapped up, early even! Many thanks to you all for that.

Day 4 results:

And Day 5 schedule:

The deadline to get these done is Sunday April 7th. Please continue to be awesome and get these done as soon as possible.

Here are the rankings after 4 match days.

40k Division:

Ulysees' spot in the playoffs seems safe enough but three points separates the next four places. Plenty of room for an upset and none of the chasers can be complacent.

Hail Caesar Division:

Haemish and Ramas have a nice lead at the top but again there are five teams in contention for four places and a couple of solid wins could put Jasper back in the running too to further complicate things.

Hordes Division:

Hordes looks a lot like 40k, Teleku looks set for a definite place with Luckton, drogg and Catfud sitting a few points clear of Failoff ignominy. Brocktoon and Willisterman can still get back in the race however.

Tamurkhan Division:

Much to everyone's surprise (not least my own), I'm running away with the lead and Lamaros is likewise almost untouchable. Only a two point spread between the third and sixth places though making this probably the most competitive division at the moment.

Stats from BBManager:

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:04:30 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:52:07 AM

I'm on holiday from now until Saturday the 6th of April.

So if the week can't be extended until that weekend then I'll forfeit my match against Drogg :(
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:16 AM

Ok, I extended it until the 7th which is the Sunday.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:52 AM

Considering Easter/Spring Break is hitting right in the middle of this period, I don't think an extension of time for anybody that needs it is out of order.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:29 AM

Falc at last we meet on the field of play! I am GMT+0 so you are an hour ahead of me, weeknights are normally ok but not until around 11pm your time so if that's too late I am on holiday from Friday until Monday this week and can play anytime until 6pm your time on those days so let me know when you will be free and we can get our match played.
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 11:34:02 AM

schpain/ChiefTripodBear, your who's who says you are GMT +10?  That'll be a little difficult to arrange...  I'm off work Friday/Monday, but I'm busy Sat/Sun, so the best time is probably 9AM-12PM GMT Friday, looks to be 7PM-10PM GMT+10?  Monday DST starts, so 9AM-1PM DST is 6PM-10PM GMT +10...

Or we can arrange something else :p
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:38:20 AM

Ruvaldt, MAKE YOUR TIME!!!!

I'm good any night this week but tonight after 7:30 pm CST and any day this weekend, though Saturday afternoon may be out.

Also, how did I get to have the most kills this season?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 12:10:07 PM

Also, how did I get to have the most kills this season?

The Presidents left a bit of a vacuum.

Weekends are best for me, any day.  I'm also free next Monday any time after 5:00pm CST.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40:19 PM

Quick reminder when calculating times to play. Daylight savings is an actual thing this weekend, and it doesn't happen everywhere.

Gruntle, I'm GMT till Sunday, then +1. Can do tomorrow night, or Thursday night, early Friday, next Thursday night, or Saturday 6th.

Let me know what works.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 01:51:50 PM

Sjofn, I'm out of town through the end of this week for spring break.  Might be possible to slip in a game, but this computer is dodgy.

How about next week?
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 01:52:46 PM

Celer,

I'm GMT, free tomorrow night, Thursday day and and Friday and Monday days. Any good?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47:59 PM

Proudft, I'm away for Easter so not likely to be around until Tuesday next week, unless somehow we sneak it in late my time.

Possibly the 6th or 7th on the weekend will be our best go.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:55:13 PM

I'm on California time, Satael, so I suspect the weekend will be our best bet. Prepare your quaint Finnish methods of mourning the dead!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 03:16:39 PM

Proudft, I'm away for Easter so not likely to be around until Tuesday next week, unless somehow we sneak it in late my time.

I'm usually on the computer 14 hours a day so just beep at me when you can. awesome, for real

I am probably not available that Apr 6-7 weekend, so we should try to get it done some weekday somehow.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 04:03:08 PM

Is it me, or is that Graveyard list the longest it's ever been? That is a lot of dead players for four weeks.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 04:27:34 PM

I'm on holiday from now until Saturday the 6th of April.

So if the week can't be extended until that weekend then I'll forfeit my match against Drogg :(
you're gonna wish you had forfeited when i'm through with you  Mob

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 05:01:16 PM

Ermine Vermin - 2
Nifty Helmets - 2

A strange game, in that Gruntle appeared to be trying to score touchdowns, and only managed to injure one rat (Don Manchego, thrower).

Gruntle had two long slow cage grinds, the Vermin responded with two instant scores from Cheddar Persille. The vermin did have a great cahnce for a bullshit midfield pickup out of nowhere, but the Parmigiano Pimpernel showed his inexperience and dropped the ball under pressure, the helmets recaged, and that was that.

The Helmets randomly put 150k into the kitty for a wizard, and against the better judgement of their coach the Vermin did the same with the resulting inducement money. Naturally the two wizards together achieved jack shit. Seriously, fuck all wizards.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:04:52 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:04 PM

Now seriously, this set of matches has been up for like 8 hours now, why haven't you all played?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 05:08:14 PM

What did the wizard do, fireball or lightning?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 05:12:59 PM

One of each.

THEY WERE BOTH TERRIBLE.

Edit:

I notice that my Vermin have now not only taken the lead as 'best punching bags' for conceding the most armour breaks as a team but also now have a clean sweep of leaderboard showing the top 3 individuals with most armour breaks.

We are the champions!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 05:17:15 PM by eldaec »

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 05:16:59 PM

One of each.

THEY WERE BOTH TERRIBLE.

Fireball on three helmets, stunned one, knocked another down but left the guy holding the ball standing (to then be stripped of the ball).
Lightning bolt on a gutter runner, fizzled.
Stomp on a gutter runner, stunned, got the goat sent off.
Gutter Runners were unstoppable!

But seriously, Eldaec was great, every set up except the very last, the game would give him 12 rats on the field, and in a sign of great sportsmanship, he'd stick one out of play.
He chose to receive on the first turn and 1-turn scored. I finally managed to respond on turn 8. Then went ahead on turn 16. And he easily one-turned again to tie the game.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:08:50 PM by Gruntle »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 05:19:49 PM

To be fair, my wizard sort of did what I intended, which was to thin out your numbers enough to blitz the ball carrier and run off cackling to the end zone.

However, I involved a thrower in the move to recover the ball, so naturally everything went to shit.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 06:16:01 PM

Quote from: avaia
I really hate those little motherfuckers!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 08:50:59 PM

Iain gonna have to postpone our game, will contact u next week. Sry

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 09:52:09 PM

Celer,

I'm GMT, free tomorrow night, Thursday day and and Friday and Monday days. Any good?

Sorry, the soonest I can play will be Monday evening my time (PDT, GMT-7).  I've got some family coming into town in a few hours.  I will check back in next week, I can usually do early morning games (starting 7am PDT) and next weekend should be wide open.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:18 PM

Is it me, or is that Graveyard list the longest it's ever been? That is a lot of dead players for four weeks.

One more orc added to the graveyard (and one was saved from that fate with a lucky apo roll). The game against Ingmar's necromantic ended in a 1-1 draw (failed gfi on the last turn cost me the win but then again my first td was done with 2 gfis while it was snowing).

edit:fixed a typo
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:39:51 PM by satael »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 11:30:23 PM

Satael and I fought to a bloody 1-1 tie.

I rarely do this, but:

NUFFLE

The game ended on me failing a blitz to stop Satael's scorer, who promptly fell on his ass in the end zone.

We both got an insane number of block successes (66% on 50 dice for him, 69% on 42 for me). I was an unfortunate 1/5 on picking the ball up, which delayed my score by 2 turns, which I feel ended up being highly significant. Satael's d6s were pretty normal, with that one GFI coming at just the worst possible time. On the other hand, his turn 8 TD was done with an agi 3 dodge and 2 GFIs in the snow, so NUFFFFFLE giveth and taketh away.

You get the match stats in French because NUFFFFFFFFLE

Vast Mountain Raiders (satael) | 1 - 1 | The Banned (Ingmar-f13)

Equipes

Vast Mountain Raiders  |  The Banned
Race : OrcNecromantic
TV : 14801450
Trésorerie : 30000120000
Relance : 33
Apothicaire : 10
Popularité : 65
Pom-pom girls : 00

Rapport de match

Vast Mountain Raiders  |  The Banned
Score : 11
Touchdowns infligés : 11
Touchdowns subis : 11
Passes : 00
Réceptions : 01
Interceptions : 00
Jets de blocages réussis : 66.00 % (33/50)69.05 % (29/42)
Turnovers sur jets de blocages : 2.00 % (1/50)9.52 % (4/42)
Mises à terre infligées : 106
KO infligés : 30
Blessés infligés : 24
Morts infligées : 01
Tackles infligés : 21
Yards gagnés en passe : 00
Yards gagnés en course : 7638
Possession de la balle (%) : 5528
Occupation de son terrain : 7128
Occupation du terrain adverse : 2871
Note du match: 14/20
Spectateurs: 18000
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:32:28 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:59 PM

failed gfi on the last turn cost me the win

Fuck. That was brutal. To have it happen two games in a row.  ACK!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:18 PM

His luck will turn and he will end up killing half my team, I can feel it already.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 11:43:12 PM

failed gfi on the last turn cost me the win

Fuck. That was brutal. To have it happen two games in a row.  ACK!

The failed GFI didn't bother me that much. I was alot more frustrated by the casulties I took (no KOs, all casulties) including losing my level 3 blitzer but luckily had enough to replace him.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

Celer,

Sorry, the soonest I can play will be Monday evening my time (PDT, GMT-7).  I've got some family coming into town in a few hours.  I will check back in next week, I can usually do early morning games (starting 7am PDT) and next weekend should be wide open.

Your Monday evening would be my early Tuesday morning right? Your 7am, will be my 2pm, so I'll be at work.

Next weekend is wide open, our clocks will change so think we'll be on GMT+1 by then. Bearing that in mind, when do you want to play?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 08:42:27 PM

schpain/ChiefTripodBear, your who's who says you are GMT +10?  That'll be a little difficult to arrange...  I'm off work Friday/Monday, but I'm busy Sat/Sun, so the best time is probably 9AM-12PM GMT Friday, looks to be 7PM-10PM GMT+10?  Monday DST starts, so 9AM-1PM DST is 6PM-10PM GMT +10...

Or we can arrange something else :p

Willister - add me on steam.  I'll be pretty free over easter, wife is 7 months preg so we ain't going anywhere.  7-10pm Friday is pretty much perfect bloodbowling time for me, but we'll see how my availability goes (i've probably already jinxed it).

*Should be working*
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:13 PM

avaia, when would you like your beating from my 6 orcish leftovers?  I'm in EST (NY USA). In preference order, I'm available:

Sunday evening: 7pm - 10pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 7pm - 10pm
Sunday the 7th: 11am to 10pm.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 09:14:00 PM

avaia, when would you like your beating from my 6 orcish leftovers?  I'm in EST (NY USA). In preference order, I'm available:

Sunday evening: 7pm - 10pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 7pm - 10pm
Sunday the 7th: 11am to 10pm.

I *might* be able to do this Sunday, we shall see.  If not, the second bunch should be entirely doable.  I will update when I know more.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 01:33:43 AM

Ulysees, I will be more than available over the weekend, so I'll keep my eyes on Steam and will look for you. Prepare to be blodged.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  
Jump to: