Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:38:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  (Read 34368 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #105 on: April 03, 2013, 08:37:23 AM

I second that emotion.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #106 on: April 03, 2013, 08:40:19 AM

Hey, at least I only got Stand Firm on my mino.  Rolled an 11, but saw no point in +AGI.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #107 on: April 03, 2013, 09:33:17 AM

My treeman is only 2 SPP's away from leveling up again.  I know the odds are tiny, but holy god would it be hilarious if he got +STR, and was able to 2D multi-block a line of of black orcs.   awesome, for real

He already has block and guard, so I guess the next best realistic skill choice in the strength tree would be Grab.  If he rolls doubles I guess.....tackle?  Pro might be nice considering how often he has to make rolls to not get rooted and to stand up.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #108 on: April 03, 2013, 11:40:40 AM

Pro.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #109 on: April 03, 2013, 12:09:36 PM

Yep, Pro. 

Grab is usually the best option for a normal roll because Treemen are so slow, and it's a good way to keep opponents' pieces closer to you/tied up.  The only other option would be stand firm.  Break tackle is nice, but he's probably not going to leave tackle zones very often, and you wouldn't get much use from it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:05 PM

Treeman comes with Stand Firm already.  Along with Think Skull and Mighty Blow. awesome, for real

I've seen it suggested elsewhere, but Break Tackle seems useless since he has a whopping 2 MV.  Also, his goal is to hit things, and he has such high strength/skill he can bash the shit out of anything in the game.  So if hes touching something, hes going to hit it instead of dodging away to try and charge something that has to be almost right next to him.  If more than one thing is touching him, that's why I gave him multi-block!

So yeah, pro it is it sounds like (or most likely Grab since I have shitty luck on rolling doubles for skills).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #111 on: April 03, 2013, 01:38:28 PM

I am so fucked for the next game. Rat Ogre and both Stormvermin miss next game. Down 1 gutter runner. This one game could very well mean I miss the playoffs.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #112 on: April 03, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

Wow.
This day seems to have just been a bloody mess for most games.
I blame mine on being foolish enough to play on the morning of April Fools day.  swamp poop

For anyone that didn't see Modern Angel's write up, Wrestlers 2 - 3 Power Team Volcano.

Game started with MA informing me that his minotaur had just picked up claw and proceeded to kill one of my ogres... that thankfully got revived by the apothecary to a groin strain.

Most of the game continued like this.
I have completely forgotten how to play this team with only 3 ogres and to make that worse, 2 of them are missing next game. (Which means starting at 4)

The turning point happened late in the game, where Nuffle realized that I was actually playing the game against someone.
Both of my points came from throwing snotlings. (Still my favourite part of this team)
This is less likely to happen be successful in future as my throwing snotling got a broken neck, which means he is at -2 av -1 dex and going to retire.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: April 04, 2013, 02:51:03 AM

Close game. Wizard did nothing. Bomber did nothing (2/8 KOs rolls sucked! Should have taken a Babe over the stupid Bomber for sure).

Proudft equalised on his last turn with a blitz knockdown, which bounced free, then picked it up in pouring rain, dodged twice (into TZ, then out), then made two GFIs. Then I failed the 2+ pass throw when I tried to 1TTD in the last turn of the game.

I was a little annoyed to not win! But no-one died or got injured (Troll regenerated a MNG), so I'll take it.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:55:42 AM by lamaros »
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #114 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:44 AM

When are you free this weekend Drogg you lizard!!  why so serious?
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: April 04, 2013, 08:52:21 AM

A late night game vs. lamaros ended in a tie.  I wish I could remember more of it.  I had one minor frenzy mistake in the first half while trying to corral that bombardier which got an extra guy accidentally involved, and two interface oops-oh-I-guess-I'm-dodging-now mistakes in the second that I blame on the late hour.

lamaros's ability to avoid death was quite impressive.  During the game it really seemed like I was batting him around, though looking at the stats I may have had a bad impression.  It rained for the entire game, which I am fairly sure was a big benefit to me, since his team actually might have passed the ball.

His inducements were basically wasted, thank god.  Having played a goblin team (Go Fighting Maroons!) I knew that bombardier might be an issue so I got people all up in his grill ASAP and w/secret weapon he was going to be gone sooner or later  (I hope he was cheap because of Secret Weapon).  And the fireball was a fizzle, only hitting one guy.   The wizard hanging around with a Poised Lightning Bolt for 13 turns did affect the way I was arranging my dudes, though, so that was perhaps not entirely a waste, but who can say.

An interesting game, though!  Underworld is weird, I look forward to my next game vs. them now that I sort of see what they do.  Frenzy 2Ds vs. goblins is fun.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: April 04, 2013, 11:33:27 AM

When are you free this weekend Drogg you lizard!!  why so serious?
whenever your heart desires!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? (more or less) i'll be on steam when i'm around.  look for me. probably starting 6 PMish tomorrow PDT.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #117 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:30 PM

Iain. I'm in deepshit.
my phone just got cut off.
the govt.
they're on to me.
i don't know if i can establish contact with you soon
i've only managed to get online at work where they can't find where i live
left u a pm
i'm trying to exfil into a better broadcast perimeter but intel sayz its only up by wedz my time.
that's pretty bad, yea
im going to see if HQ can spare me the key to the office
n let me play our game on saturday morning from my work laptop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: April 05, 2013, 02:20:37 AM

pika?

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: April 05, 2013, 02:23:17 AM

I am so fucked for the next game. Rat Ogre and both Stormvermin miss next game. Down 1 gutter runner. This one game could very well mean I miss the playoffs.

Skaven are never fucked, so long as one GR is standing you might score next turn.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: April 05, 2013, 07:25:08 AM

No idea when this was posted, so no idea when now is.

Everything that happens now, is happening now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We're 8 hours apart so let's say 1pm me (9pm you).  If I happen to be around earlier than that I'll try poking you on Steam.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 10:38:29 AM

Man, what the fuck is up with the dice this season? Seems like even our most level-headed players are declaring match after match to be Nufflefucks of the highest order, and our poor noobs are feeling it harder than anyone.

Anyway, I killed TWO of Fildrigar's Chaos Warriors by turn 5 and overall had 64% successful block rolls to his 35% on about the same number of dice. Score was 2-0 to me but considering how hard he made me work for them I take no pride in this victory.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: April 05, 2013, 02:52:49 PM

No idea when this was posted, so no idea when now is.

Everything that happens now, is happening now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We're 8 hours apart so let's say 1pm me (9pm you).  If I happen to be around earlier than that I'll try poking you on Steam.

Ok, I'll be around at 9pm, and potentially be around earlier. Chances are I'll be playing world of tanks via steam, so just poke me.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: April 05, 2013, 06:46:34 PM

pika?

pi, pika pi!

Will be playing Drogg this weekend YO
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: April 05, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

Man, what the fuck is up with the dice this season? Seems like even our most level-headed players are declaring match after match to be Nufflefucks of the highest order, and our poor noobs are feeling it harder than anyone.

Anyway, I killed TWO of Fildrigar's Chaos Warriors by turn 5 and overall had 64% successful block rolls to his 35% on about the same number of dice. Score was 2-0 to me but considering how hard he made me work for them I take no pride in this victory.

Oh man.

Fildregar is a good player. He really has had a poor run this season.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: April 06, 2013, 03:49:02 AM

On tabket widifi think iain is still not back yet but phone wont be up till next wed.  V.  Sorry

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #126 on: April 06, 2013, 03:49:42 AM

I am back. What is the earliest we can play?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: April 06, 2013, 04:37:51 AM

Man, what the fuck is up with the dice this season? Seems like even our most level-headed players are declaring match after match to be Nufflefucks of the highest order, and our poor noobs are feeling it harder than anyone

I'm not around to soak up the quantum awful on the dice so my shit dicerolling has exploded around the whole season. I was the unwitting guardian of the dice fail. You can thank me for bowing out later.

Hic sunt dracones.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: April 06, 2013, 04:38:34 AM

Will try to use nigbor pc tomoorw but takes timw to rdowmloar te bb client no pro,misw but will look for u when im ready

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: April 06, 2013, 04:13:10 PM

The Chemical Elvers win 2-0 over the Camp-town OrcBoyz!  The pair of +STR elves and an always-surprising amount of Guard allowed them to hold their own against the Orc attack.

The Orcs received and started pushing upfield, while the Elves sent a couple attackers through the line to get knocked around a bit.  Eventually one of the elf Blitzers got close enough to stand up, dodge, GFI/GFI Blitz and knock the ball loose.  It eventually ended up in the hands of a Thrower, and his newly-selected Block skill (and a fortuitous Really Stupid Troll) kept him upright long enough to skitter free and pass back upfield.  The Orcs had a nice 1D block (against a Blodger no less) to take the ball back, but the goblin had butterfingers and immediately dropped it.  Elves swarmed in to score the defensive TD on turn 8.

The second half went much better for the Orcs, as the elves had no end of troubles just trying to get some receivers downfield.  Then the unthinkable happened: as big mean nasties came into range, a Thrower actually fumbled a pass!  A sneaky goblin was able to get the ball, but could not get himself to safety as the elves revered field.  The goblin ended up squashed and the ball ended up passed over Orc heads.  Some more nice 1D blocks again almost saved the day, but the elves would not be denied and made it into the end zone again.  The orcs were also cruelly denied a 2-turn TD as the elves cowered in a corner; the turn-16 pass was completed, but the GFI into the end zone caused a face-plant.

This was a very good match, it really could have gone either way all the way up to the last TD.  The ball hit the turf many times, but that always seems to favor the elves.  Next week it's a battle for the top of the division against the undefeated Minizilla's, get your popcorn ready!

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: April 06, 2013, 11:02:12 PM

Can't complain about this match, it truly could have gone either way. the amount of block, guard, wrestle and two str 4 elves mad the Elf team very hard to bash and injuries and KOs were very low.

Celer played very well, but it nearly ended 1-0 to me in the first half and I nearly denied him a TD in the second, but whilst my rolls were generally good (especially 1D blocks) I kept failing key rolls (Agi 3 dodge into the open with a reroll, GFI etc) which denied me.

Was particularly annoyed when at turn 16 I actually managed a throw and got the ball within ranged on a TD and failed the final GFI.

Great game, next time I'll have more tackle and will have some Elves for breakfast :P

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #131 on: April 07, 2013, 06:31:04 AM

Last day is today and there are still three games outstanding. Hopefully my game with RK47 will happen this afternoon but we're also still waiting on Drogg v Catfud and Megrim v Danicia.

Please let me know what's happening with those if you can.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #132 on: April 07, 2013, 06:37:09 AM

Last day is today and there are still three games outstanding. Hopefully my game with RK47 will happen this afternoon but we're also still waiting on Drogg v Catfud and Megrim v Danicia.

Yeeeaaa... about that. Waiting on Danicia to respond.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: April 07, 2013, 06:48:42 AM

Scheduled for 7 hours now :D

Edit: Played and submitted!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:35:30 PM by Llyse »
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: April 07, 2013, 03:36:08 PM

2-1 alive not dead over HHB.  Lyse took out five saurii and my krox and i feebly did my best to slow him down, but for naught.  may nuffle have mercy on us  cry
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: April 07, 2013, 06:26:36 PM

iain sorry i cannot get to a pc yesterday.
but to day i can.
i will bring my laptop home and use the wifi from coffeebeans

will be available for match around 10 hours from time of posting

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #136 on: April 07, 2013, 07:11:01 PM

Alright, deadline is moved by one day. RK and I should get our game done later. I'll prod Danicia to contact Megrim and hopefully we can get that done too.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #137 on: April 08, 2013, 03:47:15 AM

RK47 and I played half a game today. I might have scored on the last turn of the half but we'll never know because the game ended there when RK forgot that laptops need electricity to work. As I had injured three of his players, killed a fourth and was merrily kicking the crap out of the remainder, I'm minded to let the default result stand unless RK47 has a good reason why not.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: April 08, 2013, 06:25:36 PM

Hey, just reached office.
Didn't think laptops would consume more juice when running games.
Was fully charged when I left office.
I'll bring the adapter home if it's possible for a rematch tonight.

aka

Yes, I don't want to default this match if possible and you had 2 G.Runners hurt and 1 KO.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:33:59 PM by rk47 »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #139 on: April 09, 2013, 05:46:44 AM

RK47 and I replayed our game. I thought I had a narrow 2-1 win in the bag despite having been on the wrong end of Nuffle all match but there was one more fuck you in store for me right at the end.

The first half was mostly a big scrum where the Knights managed to take a lot of rats off the pitch. Luckily most were only KOd but I used my apothecary fairly early to keep a Gutter Runner in the game and then Headsplitter was injured in a foul a few turns later. After a lot of to and fro, the Knights got their cage close enough, made a handoff and scored with two turns to go. I set up aggressively, pushed some guys down the pitch, made a pass in the sun and equalised on the last turn of the half.

The second half was pretty much more of the same, with their numerical and bash superiority, the Humans kept the rats down but couldn't stop another long run for the endzone and I took the lead on turn 10. The scrum continued and I managed to keep the Humans to their end of the pitch despite having fewer and fewer Skaven to do it with. At one point I had the ball and just needed to keep the Gutter Runner with the ball on his feet to take the game 3-1. The Humans got a bunch of chain blocks on him and eventually used the only reroll that they needed in the entire game to knock him down. Finally with two turns to go and the Human cage squashed up against the sidelines I managed to get a blitz on the ball carrier and got the ball free, I needed to make a 4+ pickup from a hot square and then make a couple of dodges but I fumbled the pickup and the crowd threw the ball back into the middle of my half within easy range of a couple of Human blitzers who had just finished a long fight with some Stormvermin. The only Skaven player in range was Secretly a Unicorn but he failed a whole bunch of Wild Animal rolls to blitz the guy with the ball. Throughout the game I failed 8 of 16 Wild Animal rolls, 12 of which were for Blitz or Block actions (so a 2+ roll).

Overall the dice were very much on the Human side. Their block and injury rolls were reliable and they rarely failed any actions - out of 23 D6 rolls, they managed a single roll of a 1 and only needed to use a single reroll in the entire match (which was to reroll a push on a Gutter Runner in scoring range with the ball). There were a lot of fouls too which all managed to break armour and didn't get any attention from the ref (we both had a bribe from a kickoff event) but every single foul resulted in at least a Stun.

It was an extremely frustrating game especially as the first time had gone so very differently.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 5: Nuffle's Alive!  
Jump to: