Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  (Read 605805 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1960 on: July 23, 2016, 12:23:45 AM

Defenders is basically going to be Heroes for Hire, without the hire part.

But the hire part is the interesting part!

I'm really bummed about that. The concept of Heroes for Hire is so much more interesting than just another superhero team.

I would be interested in Cloak and Dagger for similar reasons, interesting concept you can do a lot with. But ABC Family lol.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1961 on: July 23, 2016, 11:05:32 AM

Soo, Hulk's gladiator armor from Thor: Ragnarok.   awesome, for real

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1962 on: July 23, 2016, 01:07:02 PM

Wow, that's pretty much direct from Planet Hulk. Cool.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #1963 on: July 23, 2016, 07:32:00 PM

Kurt Russell confirmed to be playing Star Lord's dad, Ego the Living Planet.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Also Brie Larson confirmed as Captain Marvel.   awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1964 on: July 25, 2016, 08:36:05 AM

That Jessie Graff chick from American Ninja Warrior should be Captain Marvel imo.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1965 on: July 25, 2016, 09:26:25 AM

She's much closer to how I envision Capt. Marvel, yes. Actual muscles.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1966 on: July 25, 2016, 09:41:55 AM

I only remember Brie Larson from Scott Pilgrim, and yeah... no, that is not what Carol Danvers looks like.

I am the .00000001428%
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1967 on: September 01, 2016, 08:18:14 AM

So uhh... Marvel to develop TV series based on the New Warriors with... Squirrel Girl.

On the one hand I kind of want to see them do Squirrel Girl. On the other hand, without this being attached to either a specific network or streaming service, I think the chances of it getting made are slim.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1968 on: September 01, 2016, 11:23:17 AM

I think it gets made, but:

* Half hour comedy.
* Primarily shopped to streaming.

That tells me that they do not think it is a YA show (it'd go to Freeform, ABC's Young Adult channel).  I don't see why they'd flood this into the market, now, unless it is something really different. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1969 on: September 04, 2016, 08:57:50 AM

I think it gets made, but:

* Half hour comedy.
* Primarily shopped to streaming.

That tells me that they do not think it is a YA show (it'd go to Freeform, ABC's Young Adult channel).  I don't see why they'd flood this into the market, now, unless it is something really different. 

Problem with genre bubbles is near the end when people start worrying about the burst.  They will start flooding super content while they still can do therwise those properties go unused.  The problem with that is the glut created by the panic only makes the bubble pop sooner.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1970 on: September 23, 2016, 07:44:17 AM

That Jessie Graff chick from American Ninja Warrior should be Captain Marvel imo.
Srsly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoBJ9l3jsQ
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1971 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:58 AM

First Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Teaser Trailer

Apparently not even the full first trailer.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #1972 on: October 19, 2016, 12:18:40 PM

Love Letters

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1973 on: November 15, 2016, 08:31:55 AM

So that Inhumans movie? It's dead. Deader than dead.

However, The Inhumans will live on as a TV series, premiering in September 2017. First two episodes will be shown in IMAX theaters for 2 weeks before it airs on TV.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1974 on: November 15, 2016, 08:40:04 AM

They won't even be mentioned in the movies then.

I am the .00000001428%
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1975 on: November 15, 2016, 08:47:30 AM

Again, a good thing.  I really prefer a world where there are only a few handfuls of powered beings running around, making them a big thing.  A universe with X-men and Inhumans where half of humanity is powered up just loses the fun.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1976 on: November 15, 2016, 08:59:06 AM

I think they're going to have a hard time keeping the Inhumans from looking cheap as all hell.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1977 on: November 15, 2016, 09:32:15 AM

Again, a good thing.  I really prefer a world where there are only a few handfuls of powered beings running around, making them a big thing.  A universe with X-men and Inhumans where half of humanity is powered up just loses the fun.

I prefer that too, but don't make a share universe and then completely half ass it.  They should have kept the tv shows separate from day 1.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1978 on: November 15, 2016, 09:40:07 AM

If they go modern x-men, I agree. Even the Fox movies have gotten stupid.

However, sticking with the iconic early x-men would be fine, though Fox is mangling the iconic stories already, so not sure how fertile that soil is after that mess.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1979 on: November 15, 2016, 01:19:29 PM

Against all reason, evidence and common sense, I'm going to hope that they align this new show with the movies better.  Realistically, if the movies do not note the existence of the Inhumans by Infinity War (Spider-man or Black Panther?), then we're really just calling the ABC shows fan fiction. 

Regardless, I think this is the final nail in Agents coffin.  The only question is whether ABC basically ignores the events of Agents and gives it only a handwave of attention, or if they try to 'transition' to the new show by laying groundwork for it in the back half of this season of Agents. 

At least this is going to be more of a 'comic' series than Agents has been.  At least, we hope it will be. 

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1980 on: November 15, 2016, 01:47:02 PM

The ABC shows have always been fanfiction and the problem is I dont think they stand up on their own like the netflix shows do.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #1981 on: November 16, 2016, 12:43:32 AM

Handwave it away as a side effect of Doc Strange fucking with the time-space continuum.   "I vaguely sort of remember that there used to be these Inhumans guys in our Temporal Branch, but nobody else seems to remember them so whatever."  Boom,  done.

Makes it entirely possible for some core plotlines of Agents to or other serieses to intersect with the movies, while still allowing  for divergences of others.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 12:45:04 AM by SurfD »

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1982 on: November 16, 2016, 02:28:02 AM

The shows were irreversibly fan fiction from the day CA2, a film about the collapse of SHIELD, made no attempt to acknowledge a show about SHIELD.

Personally if I were running any of these shows I'd stop inserting movie references because they serve to remind the viewer that this is fan fiction while adding nothing to the story at hand.

They make as much sense as referencing Donald Trump to show how topical they are.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1983 on: November 16, 2016, 09:54:52 AM

I think they're going to have a hard time keeping the Inhumans from looking cheap as all hell.

They're actually doing a decent job at making Ghost Rider's effects look nice on SHIELD currently. Way better then I expected.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1984 on: November 16, 2016, 01:40:30 PM

The shows were irreversibly fan fiction from the day CA2, a film about the collapse of SHIELD, made no attempt to acknowledge a show about SHIELD.
Up to Cap 2, the show was about one of many teams within SHIELD.  I was fine with there being no reference to that one team, even if it was one of the "best" teams. 

After that point, when we started to see huge developments on the show have no impact on the movies, is when things fell off the truck for me.  Civil War was the point when it was ridiculously off the track.  No reference to the Inhumans appearing all across the globe was the final straw.  Even a vague reference to "the growing number of powered individuals" would have handled it - but instead the movies just gave a giant bird to the TV series.  They could have worked something into the film with a month before release with no real substantial impact on the story, but that tied everything together.

I am going to irrationally hope they do better with Inhumans (and the future of Netflix shows, especially if Disney buys Netflix like rumors are indicating), but I know it is irrational at this point.  I still believe that Joss Whedon's original plan for MAoS paved a way for the show and movies to react and interact, but we're miles from that path.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1985 on: November 17, 2016, 09:03:48 AM

The more I think of this the more it seems less like fan-fiction but rather what comics have always done, have alternate lines.  Just like spectacular/amazing/ultimate spiderman, you have movie/tv/netflix marvel.  They may all be the same universe just all slightly alternate versions of it.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1986 on: November 17, 2016, 09:17:47 AM

I'm OK with fan fiction, as long as it's decent. AoS issue has been it has been very inconsistent on that regard.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1987 on: November 21, 2016, 08:10:51 PM

Per multiple sources, this new TV series is not going to replace the movie that they have in the queue. Further, they're only green-lighting eight episodes right now. Further, the theatrical version of episodes 1 and 2 will not include everything they'll show on tv.

Weird.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:23:34 AM by jgsugden »

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1988 on: June 09, 2017, 11:49:13 PM

So this happened.

I like it a lot.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1989 on: June 10, 2017, 03:59:08 AM

Wife said she's not feeling the hype like she did for the others.  After giving her some shit (it's because he's black!) we concluded it's because Panther is even less well known than Dr Strange.

The trailer looks great and I know it won't be a flop but I wonder how it's going to do compared to the others.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1990 on: June 10, 2017, 07:39:19 PM

I really love the Black Panther teaser. Like tons and tons.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1991 on: June 10, 2017, 09:36:16 PM

Yeah, I'm in that boat. It looks like they got the character right and the surroundings of both Wakanda and his adversaries are suitably odd-looking.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1992 on: June 26, 2017, 12:41:25 PM

Dates as I know them that are coming up in the next year - 10 to 13 MCU opportunities in the next year, roughly.

7/7 Spider-man Homecoming
8/18 The Defenders (Netflix)
9/1 Inhumans in Theaters (and 9/29 Inhumans on TV) (ABC)
11/3 Thor Ragnarock
11/17 The Punisher (Netlfix - estimated date - should get official date soon - my birdie told me the Friday before Thanksgiving week)
11/21 Runaways
11/24 Agents of Shield: Season 5 (ABC - could be later, but they are indicating it kicks off right after Inhumans)

2/??? Jessica Jones 2 (Estimated as 9 or 10 months after start of filming - could be as late as May)
2/26 Black Panther
5/4 Infinity War
7/6 Ant-man and Wasp

Other things that likely fit into the first half of 2018, but dates technically TBD:

Daredevil 3 (Netflix - guessing before end of July, but could be as late as September - or 4ish months after Jessica Jones 2).
Cloak and Dagger (Freeform - filming already done - originally scheduled for Fall 2017 - Freeform likes January releases),

Also:
Luke Cage Season 2 - (Netflix - Filming began in June so there is a chance we could see it in summer 2018 as the norm for these is 10 to 13 months from start of film to premiere, but squeezing it in with everything else seems unlikely - probably held to late 2018).
New ABC Series from John Ridley -  Nothing concrete, but Sub-mariner is a leading thought
New Warriors - (Freeform - date TBD, but unlikely before summer 2018)
Damage Control - Likely dead, but never pronounced.  Paul Lee keeps the rumors alive.  Given that Spider-man Homecoming introduced them, likely dead.
Agent Carter - Rumors of a revival miniseries for a summer showing are likely just rumors - however, may get wrapped up in a few episodes of MAoS.  
New ABC Series discussed by Paul Lee - When discussing Damage Control, Paul Lee said a second 'comedy' was in development - unlikely to develop at this point - leading theory was "Bob, Agent of Hydra".

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:35:18 AM by jgsugden »

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1993 on: July 10, 2017, 03:31:53 PM

We don't really have a catchall MCU thread for the TV stuff so I'll just mention it here, but Milana Vayntrub has been cast as Squirrel Girl in the New Warriors series pretty much ensuring that I'll have to give it at least a couple episodes to hook me. Also Derek Theler has been cast as Mister Immortal, making this sound as much a Great Lakes Avengers show as it is the New Warriors. The rest of the cast consists of:

Jeremy Tardy (Dear White People) as the powerless Night Thrasher; Calum Worthy (Austin & Ally) as kinetic energy-thrower Speedball; Matthew Moy (2 Broke Girls) as Microbe, who can talk to germs; and Kate Comer (The Comeback) as low-level telekinetic lesbian Debrii.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1994 on: July 11, 2017, 01:07:04 AM

Oh God, Yeah, count me in. I LOVE her.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 71 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Marvel Universe (Thar be spoilers ahead.)  
Jump to: