Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  (Read 117032 times)
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 15, 2012, 11:52:01 AM

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:08:18 PM by sachiel »
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: November 15, 2012, 11:56:52 AM

Yea -- putting aside the gear angst, I'm really looking forward to this - especially since I get the idea that they'll be pumping out free dungeons / zones regularly. Maybe I'll get some mileage out of the Ele weapons I'm not too familiar with, too. (read: everything that's not the staff  awesome, for real)

If you aren't using daggers, you're not living. Best set ever.

The only depressing weapon Eles have is that focus offhand adds Meh durability at the cost of pretty much all your offensive power.

Yup, once you go daggers, you'll never go back to staff.  (Unless you're in a keep or possibly assaulting a keep.)  Otherwise, it's dance around more than a thief time, killing all the things like a boss while never dropping below 1/2 health, lol.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #107 on: November 15, 2012, 02:40:21 PM

WvW already has scaling.  Why not just cap the stats based on a ratio of your unmodified amount, and then it doesn't matter if you're level 2 or 80 in full Ascended...

People are freaking over nothing.

Why not do this indeed. Until they do, it isn't over nothing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: November 15, 2012, 03:57:30 PM

So does anyone want to get together and give a stab at the fractals once they go in?  I'm no longer feeling so attached to Gates of Madness, so I'm I'm willing to server hop if we want to try to get a group going.
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 15, 2012, 05:53:09 PM

So does anyone want to get together and give a stab at the fractals once they go in?  I'm no longer feeling so attached to Gates of Madness, so I'm I'm willing to server hop if we want to try to get a group going.
I'm all about it.  Let's go.  Can talk to Lanty and Vu and see what's up with them.  They're in Star, I'm in SLAP, but we all dungeon run together.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: November 15, 2012, 06:01:36 PM

Looks like infusions do, indeed, carry regular stats on them.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 15, 2012, 06:01:46 PM

I was about to say just hit me up whenever you need a fifth, and was about to log in to make sure I had you guys on my friends list, but holy mother of god, they just pushed out a large ass patch, above and beyond just the lost shores stuff.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-15
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 15, 2012, 07:59:44 PM

Lot's of people in general chat complaining about this one:

"Many skills, items, and traits were applying healing to an infinite amount of targets and have now been limited to 5 targets."

but really the better question is why it wasn't fixed much earlier.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 08:36:15 PM

I get it now, Support Guardians are supposed to just stay in Dungeons.
Cause healing 5 people with full health in a sea of 20 is a sound tactical move.

Shame, I was having fun last night in WvW, guess it's back to Grenadier.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 08:55:48 PM

There's a reason damage damage AoE's have a cap, if you didn't think healing was going to get one the mind boggles. You can't design a skill with that sort of scaling.

Though it does look like Guardians are getting PvP nerfs out of this patch. I haven't done enough PvP with my guardian to know if they deserve it.

- Simond
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 15, 2012, 09:37:12 PM

There isn't any way to do cross-server grouping, right (unless getting lucky with an overflow or something)? I'm an officer in my guild on Tarnished Coast, and it probably wouldn't look good if I xferred :p

e: wow, some awesome changes in those patch notes (more dungeon loot, better drops from veterans/champions, making the fire elemental in the asura starting zone a bit less  why so serious?, etc). Also, I think this change about loot in downlevelled areas is pretty awesome (no more Orr!):

OTOH, the massive evasive arcana nerf makes me a very sad panda.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:02:10 PM by Zetor »

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:33 PM

There isn't any way to do cross-server grouping, right (unless getting lucky with an overflow or something)? I'm an officer in my guild on Tarnished Coast, and it probably wouldn't look good if I xferred :p

Yeah, the cross server guesting still isn't in, and I'm still annoyed about that.

God, the sheer amount of stuff in this patch that has people upset is just staggering.  If this was a sub game, this patch would probably have killed the game.  As it is, I'm not sure.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #117 on: November 15, 2012, 09:56:53 PM

There's a reason damage damage AoE's have a cap, if you didn't think healing was going to get one the mind boggles. You can't design a skill with that sort of scaling.

Though it does look like Guardians are getting PvP nerfs out of this patch. I haven't done enough PvP with my guardian to know if they deserve it.

I'm not arguing against limitation of healing.
but the random targeting of buff and heals means the people who need it might not get it due to the wide buffing radius.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 15, 2012, 11:18:57 PM

Fixed a bug preventing melee attacks from hitting static objects in the world if the character was not moving. As an example, this should help players using melee in Ascalonian Catacombs to hit graveling burrows, amongst other offending objects.

Finally! awesome, for real
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 01:08:56 AM

I keep telling you guys you don't have to be on the same server to group up. Just get the invite on your friends list and zone into the instance.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:10 AM

See my post above. If we all joined bat country we could just form up from guild chat. Just have to be representing so we can chat. I'd be in for a fractal too.

Btw who can invite for bat country?
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: November 16, 2012, 07:24:04 AM

I keep telling you guys you don't have to be on the same server to group up. Just get the invite on your friends list and zone into the instance.

Phred beat me to it.  I did the MK dungeon with buddies from a different server.  Just invite and meet in instance.

If anyone needs an extra person at any time, give me a shout:  Science.6709  (80 necromancer)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #122 on: November 16, 2012, 08:19:12 AM

Have you seen the data mines on this shit? They are trying to out item grind WoW.  Far worse than I initial thought. I never would bought this game if they had this in the original design. Complete betrayal. The only thing that makes sense is that this forced on them by NCSoft. I will never buy another NCSoft game. WoW ruins everything.

"Me am play gods"
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:42 AM

See my post above. If we all joined bat country we could just form up from guild chat. Just have to be representing so we can chat. I'd be in for a fractal too.

Btw who can invite for bat country?

I can invite for BC and would love to hit the Fractals with you guys. Had no clue you could join up that easily.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:12 AM

Which datamines? I'm offended by the stats on infusions making the ilvl discrepancy even worse, but I haven't seen anything else offensive?

They actually made dungeons drop exotics, which is pretty awesome.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #125 on: November 16, 2012, 08:55:17 AM

Multi teirs of infusions that require gambling to get better tiers. The backpacks requiring several gifts. The ascended rank isn't a teir; it has at least 2 tiers of gear.

"Me am play gods"
sachiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: November 16, 2012, 09:07:42 AM

http://www.gw2db.com/items/trinkets/rings

I want a Solaria and Lunaria asap.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: November 16, 2012, 09:56:44 AM

I'm not seeing the multiple tiers of infusions yet, or actually the stat altering infusions actually being a thing (I saw the item code link, but there are dud item codes just like WoW), that gw2db link shows infusion just adding 5 agony resist and no stats.

I'm really curious what is actually in game and what the intent is.

edit: to be clear, this is the mined infusion data:

http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=infusion#t1:items

But the rings link shows infused items without the extra +5 stat, so I think the (infused) stuff is just botched item codes, and the +5 stat thing is legit.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:58:15 AM by kildorn »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: November 16, 2012, 09:57:46 AM

Phred beat me to it.  I did the MK dungeon with buddies from a different server.  Just invite and meet in instance.

If they finally fixed that, it's awesome, and I'm sorry for giving bad info then.  I still can't find any patch notes mentioning it though.  It used to break horribly unless everyone tried zoning into the dungeon from the same base zone or overflow, and I haven't tried in quite a while.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: November 16, 2012, 09:58:52 AM

Yeah, it's fixed now and I never saw any notes explaining it. But I've had no issues joining cross server dungeon runs for a month or so.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:58 AM

Yea, in that case I'm open for dungeon funsies as well. Zaphir.7210 (charname is Zaph)

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: November 16, 2012, 11:05:49 AM

I'm not seeing the multiple tiers of infusions yet, or actually the stat altering infusions actually being a thing (I saw the item code link, but there are dud item codes just like WoW), that gw2db link shows infusion just adding 5 agony resist and no stats.

I'm really curious what is actually in game and what the intent is.

edit: to be clear, this is the mined infusion data:

http://www.gw2db.com/search?search=infusion#t1:items

But the rings link shows infused items without the extra +5 stat, so I think the (infused) stuff is just botched item codes, and the +5 stat thing is legit.

I would be surprised if infusions didn't come in multiple qualities, other things that go into slots all do (runes, sigils, jewels).

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: November 16, 2012, 12:33:34 PM

Well this is fun, 30-60 second skill activation times, randomly teleporting about, about a minute to use a waypoint res (because no one can res).  swamp poop

I missed the Halloween thing, was it anything like this?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:37 PM

Halloween didn't have a big everyone-in-one-zone-all-at-once fight.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: November 16, 2012, 12:44:23 PM

Halloween was just a short cinematic then everyone broke into groups and went into an instance.  This was horrible.

I am the .00000001428%
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:29 PM

Halloween was just a short cinematic then everyone broke into groups and went into an instance.  This was horrible.

I finally managed to get to the Asura portals in LA and zoned to DR and back and everything was fine.  Guess I must have got put into a different overflow or something?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 01:36:26 PM

Took my lvl 8 Engi to LA.

Well this is fun, 30-60 second skill activation times, randomly teleporting about, about a minute to use a waypoint res (because no one can res).  swamp poop

Pretty much my experience.  Now that the invasion event is over, what do I do now?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 01:43:47 PM

I had more luck after I pushed past the zerg and started fighting mobs on the west side (everyone was clustered in the east side). Still had a lot of ability delay, but it was kinda borderline playable. Also turned off autoattack, since I wanted my one action per 2-3 seconds to mean something  why so serious?

There's a new investigation quest thing too, though (surprisingly?) bugged on the 4th or so step. Will play around with it tomorrow since they're hotfixing the dude... but for now, I must sleep!

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: November 16, 2012, 02:02:33 PM

Yay for timed events in a global game I guess since I get to sleep through whatever that was.

- Simond
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: November 16, 2012, 02:28:42 PM

Fractals are pretty fun. But for a kick in your nuts:

They don't count for dungeon completion for the monthly, and instead a new Fractals Completed is on the montly list <3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  
Jump to: