Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:36:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you like  (Read 123124 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #175 on: July 28, 2012, 10:46:50 PM

You can solo Hard quests in Transylvania with it.  Blows through 20k hp mobs in a couple rotations.  It's.. really, really broken.

edit: Looks like it must have been something special I did.  Doesn't work anymore after logging out for a while.  May be instance related.

edit: and.. it's recreateable.  Just not in the fashion that I thought.  Heh.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:16:51 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #176 on: July 29, 2012, 04:48:06 PM

Just a minor, minor quirk, but it made me snicker:

The Collector's minions at the ambush-quest set off their own mines. Stupid critters. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:37:40 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: July 30, 2012, 03:22:52 AM

The Amity House mission (Templar transition from Egypt to Transylvania). That is one seriously creepy mission awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #178 on: July 30, 2012, 06:41:02 AM

Sneaking into Blue Mt trailer park to buy a QL6 gun to use in Savage Coast, nice bump to dps, generally 100 dps more, regularly 200 (almost double). Some crazy crit led to a 1000 dps fight, might have been a bug in the dps meter, though.

Also, being able to take several mobs (whites and yellows) in Blue Mt with a character that's only partway into SC (like maybe 1/3 of the way). QL3 weapons and QL3.5 talies.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:14 AM

Sneaking into Blue Mt trailer park to buy a QL6 gun to use in Savage Coast, nice bump to dps, generally 100 dps more, regularly 200 (almost double). Some crazy crit led to a 1000 dps fight, might have been a bug in the dps meter, though.

Also, being able to take several mobs (whites and yellows) in Blue Mt with a character that's only partway into SC (like maybe 1/3 of the way). QL3 weapons and QL3.5 talies.

Hey, we need to group up sometime.  I'm about where you are progress-wise.  Was also thinking of bumping to QL6 since there's nothing to rape from the cabal-bank.  Is that QL6 socketed?  I'll save up some glyphs.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: July 30, 2012, 07:38:09 AM

Yeah, I put a hit glyph into it and then swapped a tali that had hit on it for a crit one to balance (my old pistols had crit).
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #181 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:54 AM

The weapons cost 50 tokens and you can buy very nice blue glyphs for 15 more from the same vendor.  There are only a couple glyphs to buy but they make good sense for anyone like +hit.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: July 30, 2012, 01:53:06 PM

Personally I'm addicted to +hit.  Nothing worse then building up 5 resources only to glance or get evaded.  So screw +crit.  If I want guaranteed crit I have abilities for that.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #183 on: July 30, 2012, 02:07:06 PM

The Amity House mission (Templar transition from Egypt to Transylvania). That is one seriously creepy mission awesome, for real

The Amity House mission is one of the better missions in the game. Makes me glad I went Templar.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #184 on: July 30, 2012, 02:08:58 PM

Do the missions start to vary between factions later? The one 'special' mission I've been given so far (parking garage) was almost identical to the one Sjofn did.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: July 30, 2012, 03:09:18 PM

So far it seems to me that they are different perspectives on the same events, so the missions are similar but different. 
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: July 30, 2012, 04:13:30 PM

The storyline transition missions between regions seem to be very different from what I can tell. The non-Templar ones I've heard people talk about sound nothing like the Templar ones I've done so far.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: July 30, 2012, 10:06:31 PM

Do the missions start to vary between factions later? The one 'special' mission I've been given so far (parking garage) was almost identical to the one Sjofn did.
The first mission is mostly a straightforward combat romp for templars/illuminati, but it's a stealth mission for dragon... and the story matches up pretty well for all 3 agents being there and 'doing stuff at the same time' (see also this thread). The second mission is almost the same for all cabals iirc, and the third one is similar to the first in that it takes place at the same location, but is "told" from different POVs / with different goals -- as Dragon I had to do infiltration-y stuff on a time limit (still had to fight quite a bit, but it wasn't the focus), while I assume the Illuminati and Templars have to do more combat stuff with very different goals.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:13:29 PM by Zetor »

Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: July 31, 2012, 07:47:44 AM

They actually managed to fix the custom chats.  Heart
Of course any other channel still loses it's sub when you zone but ah well, baby steps.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #189 on: July 31, 2012, 08:00:09 AM

They actually managed to fix the custom chats.  Heart
Of course any other channel still loses it's sub when you zone but ah well, baby steps.

I'll gladly take having to resubscribe if it means the goddamn F13 channel works.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #190 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:55 PM

Theodore Wicker's lecture of '77  awesome, for real

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #191 on: August 02, 2012, 03:23:42 PM

Game is really fun so long as you like awesome characters, mature themes, witty dialogue and a dark atmosphere.  If you're the type of person who smashes the space bar to skip all that you'll probably complain that the combat mechanics ruin everything.

I'm one of those people who hits the spacebar. I rewatch the animations in this one. Maybe it's just that in other games the "plot" sucks?

Some of it is just not being Generic Fantasy World #1723, but a lot of it is that the writing is solid and entertaining, the voice acting is good, and I love me some conspiracy theory filled lovecraftian insanity.  I tend to follow all the dialogue trees because it's just fun, and the vast majority of the characters are enjoyable to hear say the lines, instead of totally cringe-worthy like so many games (a lot of it's the writing, but the delivery is pretty good too).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: August 02, 2012, 03:34:13 PM

Really nit picky nit pick: they're monologue trees.  why so serious?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: August 02, 2012, 03:51:11 PM

I like that they fixed the scaled-up inventory. Stuff goes where I put it and I'm not limited to the middle 1/3 of the bag!
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: August 02, 2012, 04:07:18 PM

Really nit picky nit pick: they're monologue trees.  why so serious?

Nit picking the nit pick: there's only one path so they're not really trees  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: August 02, 2012, 04:08:00 PM

Monologue palm trees!

Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: August 03, 2012, 07:25:17 AM

As an Illuminati agent, I love how snarky my boss is.  Some samples follow (quest completion text from the early game, very minor spoilers):
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #197 on: August 03, 2012, 08:14:22 AM

ugh. Too much cynism! Glad I am Templar than...although even Richard Sonnac can be quite 'We are not in the buisness oft saving the world on a case by case basis' sometimes.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: August 03, 2012, 08:19:01 AM

Go Dragons. They are always sure that whatever you have done will help with understanding the pattern. Of course I'm not sure if the top guy is a 4 year old kid or one of the sweepers of the courtyard but hey whatever works. I even got a vacation!
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #199 on: August 03, 2012, 08:56:46 AM

I would like there to be a site where you can read all the factions responses.  The Dragon ones aren't funny.  I doubt the templar are either.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #200 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:27 AM

ugh. Too much cynism! Glad I am Templar than...although even Richard Sonnac can be quite 'We are not in the buisness oft saving the world on a case by case basis' sometimes.

Heh, templars. We have our opinions on them.

I think I've taken a screen shot of almost every response from Kirsten Geary.  She's just hilarious (and practical). Plus, you almost always get a fun fact in your response.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:02:58 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: August 03, 2012, 09:00:55 AM

Templar responses are often funny, but it's a dry humor.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: August 03, 2012, 09:01:43 AM

I can't recall a single funny Dragon response
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: August 03, 2012, 10:02:54 AM

Yeah, the dragons aren't funny so much as the "are you fucking kidding me" response to the world powers that are the illuminati and the templars.  Someone has to actually save the world, eh?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #204 on: August 03, 2012, 10:15:58 AM

Heh, templars. We have our opinions on them.

I think I've taken a screen shot of almost every response from Kirsten Geary.  She's just hilarious (and practical). Plus, you almost always get a fun fact in your response.
That's interesting because I'm sure one of the dragon responses also uses the "It would be like templars dancing" but with another for the illuminati.  Something like "It would be like making a templar dance or an illuminati talk while hooked up to a polygraph machine".
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #205 on: August 03, 2012, 03:02:11 PM

Templar responses are often funny, but it's a dry humor.

I agree, the Illuminati lady is too bitchy, but the dry humor that crops up from the Templar dude is just right. For me, anyway.

I agree that the Dragon responses are usually boring, though.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:58 AM

Nice Haunted Amusement Park in SC!

The solo instance boss battle () was pretty intense.  Took me a couple tries to actually take him down.

Also, I love the simplicity and flexibility of the inventory system. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:46:29 AM by Quinton »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #207 on: August 04, 2012, 11:05:30 AM

I agree, the Illuminati lady is too bitchy, but the dry humor that crops up from the Templar dude is just right. For me, anyway.
My favourite templar reply went something like

"that's impressive piece of world saving, well done. Look for more opportunities like that if you have some free time.

ps. when on assignment, you have no free time"
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #208 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:52 PM

Haha, yes, that was one of my favorites. <3

God Save the Horn Players
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #209 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:04 PM

Sonnac has tried to recruit me twice.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like  
Jump to: