Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you like  (Read 122461 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 24, 2012, 07:22:59 AM

My Illuminati lady sets off my gaydar, I am not sure how I feel about that.
She should come have a drink with my Dragon lady. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Longstrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:45 AM

I like my running animation, assuming I didn't just finish a combat by casting a spell (then I run like a spaz).
Are you sprinting between combats? Hitting X to sprint should take you out of combat animations, though I have been bugged once where I was running with the sprint animations but hadn't holstered my pistols, which was pretty funny.

The tilde key (or whatever that key is called at the top left of the main keys on a keyboard) also sheathes your weapon.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #142 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:33 AM

I like my running animation, assuming I didn't just finish a combat by casting a spell (then I run like a spaz).
Are you sprinting between combats? Hitting X to sprint should take you out of combat animations, though I have been bugged once where I was running with the sprint animations but hadn't holstered my pistols, which was pretty funny.

I spent like 30 minutes running around last night with my gun on my back but my hands in the 'hold gun' position - sprinting, fighting, etc., nothing changed it til I changed zones.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 24, 2012, 11:00:48 AM

I do enjoy the little lore things out in the world. I think they need a slight tweak though - they should always unlock in order rather than having each one be a fixed chunk of the overall lore story. That would lead to a much more coherent experience on them.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #144 on: July 24, 2012, 11:12:15 AM

I totally agree on this last bit. The way it is now I force myself not to read it until I have them all. The way Ingmar proposes it would make it into a nice little story you have to fight to get the final lines.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: July 24, 2012, 11:28:55 AM

I like the lore things, which is another game in itself, but I would've liked to have that meta linked with Funcom points rather than small rewards (or no reward at all in some cases).  With FC points people will spend more time browsing the shop, and spend more money.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: July 24, 2012, 12:34:49 PM

"The Haunting" Quest, and everything that goes on in Franklin's Mansion. It's just fantastic. Also, that's a good example of a quest that (and I know I am in the minority here) would be totally not the same if you could duo it. Like the mine ones.

trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:32 PM

Love Franklin's Mansion.  Definitely some good stuff there, definitely the high point of Blue Mountain.  Did you know you an find all of the 13 cats she mentions owning?
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #148 on: July 24, 2012, 01:50:19 PM

My Illuminati lady sets off my gaydar, I am not sure how I feel about that.
She should come have a drink with my Dragon lady. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Maybe she will sometime! I hope your Dragon lady is into slack-jawed mutes with butch haircuts and sensible shoes. Who die a lot. A lot. Which reminds me of something I don't like, running my ass to my ghost, but I am too lazy to go post that in the things I don't like thread, and I don't feel like starting a debate about death penalties anyway.  Heart  It would bother me less if I didn't seem to have a knack for dying ten thousand miles away from the area's spawn point.

And I knew about the sprint thing (I didn't know about the tilde though!), but a) it takes a second to kick in and b) sometimes I'm just moving ten feet to the next mob anyway. B is when I notice the "lol spaz" thing most.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:20:20 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: July 24, 2012, 02:11:55 PM

You know what helps not to die? Duoing!  why so serious?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:23:02 PM by Falconeer »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #150 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:36 PM

Yes, but Ingmar likes to go into every building and into every corner of a map, while I do not. Plus he picked his quests in a completely different order than me.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: July 24, 2012, 02:31:57 PM

I think you two should meet up in a PvP zone and settle your differences there.

- Viin
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #152 on: July 24, 2012, 02:36:32 PM

I don't even want to think about PvPing in this game.  ACK!

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #153 on: July 25, 2012, 09:00:16 AM

Which reminds me of something I don't like, running my ass to my ghost, but I am too lazy to go post that in the things I don't like thread, and I don't feel like starting a debate about death penalties anyway.  Heart  It would bother me less if I didn't seem to have a knack for dying ten thousand miles away from the area's spawn point.
If i remember right, you can click on the shrubbery-like thing on the respawn spot and spawn back right there in your physical form. It doesn't help with the "running back ten thousand miles" part, but on the other hand solves the "as a ghost" part, if it happens to be a problem.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:25 AM

You are remembering right. You can rez at the Anima Well that you are sent to as a ghost. That is also the main way for travel. Use /reset and select the rez point you want, then rez at that anima well
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #155 on: July 25, 2012, 10:10:02 AM

Is it just my imagination or do you not get your run speed buff while dead?  You should also be able to climb up most any incline in ghost form, you can die in some places and just not know how to get back to your body, especially in the city of the sun god.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: July 25, 2012, 10:38:44 AM

Run Speed is not applied while dead, correct. And yes, CotSG sucks at times for where it spawns you.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #157 on: July 25, 2012, 11:55:53 AM

Which reminds me of something I don't like, running my ass to my ghost, but I am too lazy to go post that in the things I don't like thread, and I don't feel like starting a debate about death penalties anyway.  Heart  It would bother me less if I didn't seem to have a knack for dying ten thousand miles away from the area's spawn point.
If i remember right, you can click on the shrubbery-like thing on the respawn spot and spawn back right there in your physical form. It doesn't help with the "running back ten thousand miles" part, but on the other hand solves the "as a ghost" part, if it happens to be a problem.

It's less the "as a ghost" and more the "ten thousand miles," yeah. I have been spoiled by SWTOR's "spawn right here where you died" method.

Another thing I like! I don't have 3897562356236 abilities to keep track of at once. Hell, I don't just like this, I love this.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:45 AM

I like how when you die in a dungeon you're locked in an ethereal jail and can't run back during a bossfight.  However, you still CAN support the group with buffs, etc.  I literally saved a battle with mini-cthulhu in Polaris last night when I added +55% penetration from jail.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: July 26, 2012, 11:18:17 AM

I like pretty much all the monster models I've seen so far, they did a good job with those. Only exception would be the draugr, I've never really pictured them like that. Might just be a me thing.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: July 26, 2012, 06:08:30 PM

Cliche but I really love much of the quest design. All of the ones I've done had actual story to them to some degree, not just flavor text on a kill X of Y quest. There's plenty of kill/collect quests, but the wrapping obfuscates the mechanic. And while there's no real good/neutral/evil choices here, the storytelling feels much more immersive than SWTOR. I guess it's just the self consistency.

Or it could just be that I'm still, weeks in, surprised by how much I like a game I largely ignored and didnt really like at PAX.

Also, really enjoy the combat. It's not perfect, but especially my Blood/Ele build, it feels very fast and fluid in that not only do conditions change, but I'm not linked into exactly one play style.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #161 on: July 27, 2012, 02:21:56 AM

I am going to echo the monster models compliment. I don't know if I'd say I "like" them, because the vast majority creep me the fuck out (I am looking at you, moth-things). But it's in a good way, y'know?

I also like my Templar outfit.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: July 27, 2012, 08:24:53 AM

Main plot, main quest, "Dawning of an Endless Night". Final part. Literally, OMG.  awesome, for real

Go Norway.

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: July 27, 2012, 10:14:26 AM

The dialogs between Tibor and Luminiata in The Shadowy Forest:

Tibor:  Well, I've seen shapshifters.
Luminita:  No big deal, I've seen zombies, rotting zombies.
Tibor:  Oh! Cool- I mean pffft zombies. I've seen ghouls
Luminita:  Ghouls are ok, not as cool as revenants.
Tibor:  You've seen a revenant?
Luminita:  Sure, once from a distance, but still.
Tibor:  Oh yeah, well I've seen a scarecrow!
Luminita:  A scarecrow? What's so scary about a scarecrow?
Tibor:  A living scarecrow with buttons for eyes, and a chainsaw.
Luminita:  Oooh, I once saw a clown.
Tibor:  I don't like clowns.
Luminita:  Me neither. Especially when they have long teeth, and glowing red eyes, and big big knives and they're chasing you.
Tibor:  Let's talk about something else.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #164 on: July 27, 2012, 11:14:17 AM

Milosh: The burden of wearing my people's crown can be great.

- Your character looks up at the top of Milosh's head.

Milosh: Well, it's a metaphorical crown, you see.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: July 27, 2012, 01:34:19 PM

I like how after all my bitching about gimping myself build-wise, in 1 hr. of gametime I was back on track w/o re-rolling.  Actually, I'm probably better off now than before because my character is a bit more flexible.  I think a lot of this has to do with very useful bridge passives in the inner tree.  Even if you go mostly 1 focus, there's always something useful from a different weapon.

I LOVE the resource mechanic in how builders can generate for BOTH weapons.  This means skill cooldowns arent wasted by just standing around.  For instance I can cast elem TH after buildup and then insta-blast someone in the face with a 5-focus shotgun blast.

I LOVE the 'misc.' skill wheel.  It allows skills that'd normally be locked-up in some corner of the "tank tree" to be freely available to whomever.  The ones that aggro/wipe in particular.

I love how clothing isnt bound to abilities. So all my bitching about shitty illum outfits is pointless.  Just buy new shit!  Though... Dragon??  Wow. They're awesome.

And crank up the vid. settings and you'll be rewarded ala AoC.  Stunning visually, especially the higher-end clothing.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #166 on: July 27, 2012, 01:57:16 PM

Speaking of monster models, the fucking scarecrows holding the bunnies. Creepy as fuck.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #167 on: July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM

Speaking of monster models, the fucking scarecrows holding the bunnies. Creepy as fuck.

This. Those motherfuckers are just awesome. Like the revenants as well, and the Ur-Draug was just WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH.

brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: July 27, 2012, 02:25:16 PM

and dolls...

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: July 27, 2012, 04:21:42 PM

Spiky nude succubi like the one in Inferno that likes prickly beaches and nerve-rending.   Heart

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: July 27, 2012, 04:28:12 PM

I LOVE the 'misc.' skill wheel.  It allows skills that'd normally be locked-up in some corner of the "tank tree" to be freely available to whomever.  The ones that aggro/wipe in particular.
Damn, I keep forgetting about the Misc part!

On the monster riff: the ones that get me are the gaunt floaty witch thingies that attack the first base in BM. Every time I think I play too zoomed out so zoom in a bit... I zoom right back out again.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:35 AM

Just finished Solomon Island.  Enjoying the game more than ever.  I'm kinda in love with the setting.  I hope they can afford to keep producing content for this.  I remain astonished that this game ended up as entertaining and unique as it is. For me, at least.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #172 on: July 28, 2012, 10:34:01 AM

The grim reaper type model is fantastic.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #173 on: July 28, 2012, 05:39:58 PM

Well, found an interesting bug.  Seems that if you use the ability "Shotgun Turret" all of your attacks penetrate until you're out of combat.  Broken as hell. (reporting)

-Rasix
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: July 28, 2012, 09:29:39 PM

Hey that could be handy ..

- Viin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like  
Jump to: