Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Are you done? Why? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you done? Why?  (Read 106993 times)
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: December 14, 2012, 12:31:08 AM

I'd love a Diablo-alike that ramped down on the skill trees and action aspects and put in more roguelike or even Zeldalike stuff. I thought the secret rooms and puzzles in TL2 were great, and I want moar.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: December 14, 2012, 12:38:50 AM

I think D2 stopped wiping characters years and years ago.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: December 14, 2012, 01:06:04 AM

I think D2 stopped wiping characters years and years ago.

Nope.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: December 14, 2012, 05:15:00 AM

If that's true, then my account is broken. Just reinstalled and logged in, my characters are all there. They're all marked "expired", but that doesn't stop me from playing with them, which removes the expired tag.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #494 on: December 14, 2012, 11:00:07 AM

It looks like they don't necessarily automatically delete them after 90 days anymore, but an expired character could be deleted at any time, and if someone else uses the name it will delete it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: April 01, 2013, 03:07:12 PM

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: April 01, 2013, 03:52:53 PM

Diablo 3 on the PS3 eh?  I sure wish Blizzard would port this game to the PC.   awesome, for real

schild
Administrator

Reply #497 on: April 01, 2013, 10:46:49 PM

Will I be able to log into my BNet account and play my toons on PC and PS3? That's the only answer I've been looking for and can't find.

Looks like you can't. Balls. Guess I'll wait for the Vita / PS4 versions.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #498 on: April 02, 2013, 06:12:07 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #499 on: April 02, 2013, 06:32:11 AM

The console version of Diablo 3 isn't just competent, it's a remixed version of the original game, complete with rebalanced enemies, an improved economy, four player multiplayer on the same screen, no always-on connection requried, no game-killing real money auction house, and an inventory system that allows you to stay in the action while also swapping out your equipment for upgrades you find on the battlefield. Directly controlling your character also changes what was a click-fest into a more measured and intense action title.

I call bullshit on the improved economy. You can't know that in a game that's not live. I would like to see the inventory changes carry to the PC game instead of wading through constant white items. Removing the always online thing would be nice as well.

Calling the RMAH "game-killing" is sensationalist in my mind. The itemization is game-killing, not the trading interface.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: April 02, 2013, 06:55:53 AM

The removal of the AH constitutes a much better economy to me, and makes the game no longer pay2win.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: April 02, 2013, 07:08:59 AM

It says addition of Offline play, monkey.

In effect, PC users got a beta test while getting simultaneously reamed for real cash via the AH.

Nice.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #502 on: April 02, 2013, 07:39:06 AM

In effect, PC users got a beta test while getting simultaneously reamed for real cash via the AH.

Nice.

Woah woah woah. How exactly did the PC people get reamed by the RMAH? It's an optional thing you could completely ignore in favor the gold AH. We're not talking about a PVP game where you have to have a certain threshold of gear to compete.

I mean I'm all for reaming the game where it falls over (no offline play sans RMAH mode is a very legit gripe), but the people that hated RMAH didn't use it.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: April 02, 2013, 07:47:39 AM

Nice.

Woah woah woah. How exactly did the PC people get reamed by the RMAH? It's an optional thing you could completely ignore in favor the gold AH. We're not talking about a PVP game where you have to have a certain threshold of gear to compete.

I mean I'm all for reaming the game where it falls over (no offline play sans RMAH mode is a very legit gripe), but the people that hated RMAH didn't use it.

It seems like, insofar as the nonRM AH effected how they chose to do drop rates, the regular AH had a great deal more negative impact on the average player than the RMAH.  But as you said somewhere else, the itemization is the real problem.  The fact that most affixes are utterly useless is far and away more problematic than anything else. 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:32 AM

Nice.

Yeah, you're right.  But if you're actually tellling me that having a real AH and a Gold AH didn't have a knock on economic effect on prices for both, you really, really need to hang up your spreadsheet and retire.   why so serious?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #505 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:39 AM

Oh it certainly had an effect on items, but for the most part it created a situation where gear in the middle was easier to obtain.

As more and more got dumped on the AH, but BIS items got more expensive, while the middle items dropped to a couple of hundred thousand at best.

If anything it's creating a huge gap between what's awesome and what's just okay. For a regular player who just wants to play the game, that would be a good thing, since you can obtain your upgrades in the middle for cheap, and then focus on crafting the BoA items from the new recipes they put out without ever using the AH again.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: April 02, 2013, 08:44:11 AM

It is nice that you're all continuing to attempt to calm my irrational anger tho.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #507 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:55 AM

There's a company at steak.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #508 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:41 AM

I'm not calming anything.  I have recently given PC gaming another try, and look how it screwed me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
schild
Administrator

Reply #509 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:54 AM

I recently took another character to 60 actually and am working on a 3rd. For what it's worth, while I like what's happening with the PS3 version, I've realized I probably would not enjoy the inherent removal of a CLICK CLICK CLICK coming from the mouse. The only reason they have fewer, better items in the PS3 version is because it's probably obnoxious to pick a bunch of shit up. Less loot, despite quality, is never, ever good.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:39 AM

I recently took another character to 60 actually and am working on a 3rd. For what it's worth, while I like what's happening with the PS3 version, I've realized I probably would not enjoy the inherent removal of a CLICK CLICK CLICK coming from the mouse. The only reason they have fewer, better items in the PS3 version is because it's probably obnoxious to pick a bunch of shit up. Less loot, despite quality, is never, ever good.

Then you won't be happy that they've basically said they are doing the same thing in the PC version: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/

Less is More

Between Paragon levels, Nephalem Valor stacks, and all the other assorted buffs and bonuses, it's possible to find a tremendous amount of Rare items during any given play session. But the quality of these Rare items just isn't where it needs to be, so even though players see a lot of them, they no longer feel special. When you identify hundreds of Rares and only a small percentage are worth equipping or selling, those items become a burden rather than something to get excited about. "Great. Now I have to identify them all, read their stats, and I’m probably going to salvage all of them." I feel your pain.

We want to make it fun and rewarding to hunt down new items through play, and really instill the feeling that your next awesome item could come from anywhere, and is just around the corner. We need to get rid of some of the clutter first, so we plan to reduce the frequency at which Rare items drop down the road.
Before anyone panics and posts an angry comment in the forums, this doesn't mean we want players to earn even fewer good items. It just means we don't feel it's necessary to present the player with hundreds of bad Rares for every one that they might want. As an example, suppose items currently roll between 1-100 Intelligence. Now, imagine that we dropped 25% as many items, but the Intelligence range was instead somewhere around 75-100. In the end, you'd find fewer items, but more of the items you find would be worth equipping. That's our goal.

(On the topic of identifying hundreds of Rares, it's worth adding that while most of this blog is about overall item philosophy and our goals down the road, one of the short-term changes we're making is adding an "Identify All" option, which should be coming in 1.0.8.)

That being said, I think the majority of the info in that post is positive.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #511 on: April 02, 2013, 11:12:28 AM

I would not mind the white items in D3 except that they aren't even worth picking up to sell when you are level 1.  The have absolutely no function in the game whatsoever.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15:13 AM

Oh For Fucks Sake, Malakili, how can you keep posting stuff like that ?

"Shit Rares drop a lot and rather than change the way in which they drop, we're going to stop them dropping as much, but the ones that do will have MORE of the stat you don't want !!!"

Fucking CLOWNSHOES over there.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15:58 AM

Oh For Fucks Sake, Malakili, how can you keep posting stuff like that ?

"Shit Rares drop a lot and rather than change the way in which they drop, we're going to stop them dropping as much, but the ones that do will have MORE of the stat you don't want !!!"

Fucking CLOWNSHOES over there.

Yea, the itemization is bad.  I agree. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: April 02, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

I give up on understanding this thread.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: April 02, 2013, 11:17:10 AM

WHY DO YOU HATE ME WHEN I SHOW YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE ??!

EDIT :  Dear God, everything after

Farm Monsters, Not the Auction House

Is such utter bullshit, it's worth reading.  I mean, seriously, read it.  It's like 'Yeah, we fucked up and our design is bad, but we're utterly screwed now, what do we do, what do we do, what do we dooooooo ??"'

Making the butcher drop the butchers axe doesn't help when the AH is already flooded with 17 hundred different Butchers Axes, most of which have the wrong stats for your class.  Or any class.

Fuck me, the only way to help THAT situation would be to make gold showed in the millions from every mob and all that would do is make everything costs trillions on the AH.

Wow.  Just Wow.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:31:06 AM by Ironwood »

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #516 on: April 02, 2013, 02:13:48 PM

All these patches to undo everything they launched as and make it more like D2.

I'm looking forward to the first expansion.

Everything I wanted should be in by then.

Basically they need to increase the number of uniques by like 400 and make them available at low levels with game changing stats.

They say:

We want players to feel like entire new builds can open up if they get their hand on the right items. Glimmers of this idea are already in the game with The Three Hundredth Spear and Thing of the Deep. The plan is to embrace the idea and push them to more extremes. Potential future Legendary item ideas include a Voodoo Mask that increases pet damage, a Barbarian set that makes Call of the Ancients last until they die (after we give them full pet survivability), a Wizard Orb that allowed for two Hydras to be active at once, or the "Ethereal" boots idea I posted here.

We'll see.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:15:24 PM by MrHat »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #517 on: April 02, 2013, 02:45:16 PM

One idea they haven't done at all is adding items with cosmetic differences beyond the norm.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #518 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:13 PM

This is comical.  I'm wondering about what they could possibly do at this point: race cars, lasers, aeroplanes?  It's a duck blur.

I suppose I am glad that some of you are optimistic.  I plan to spend more time in Path of Exile.  Woo ooo.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #519 on: April 02, 2013, 04:00:37 PM

It's an utter farce.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: April 02, 2013, 08:12:24 PM

I'm not going to say it's aliens...
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:41 AM

The removal of the AH constitutes a much better economy to me, and makes the game no longer pay2win.

Well it moves the pay to win component back to ebay you mean.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: April 06, 2013, 04:36:20 PM

And reintroduces trade scamming.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:23 PM

And reintroduces trade scamming.

Bonus :)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: April 06, 2013, 09:36:01 PM

Where I can ignore it as an unintended consequence, instead of hearing it championed as a feature.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Are you done? Why?  
Jump to: