Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:06:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes  (Read 47904 times)
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: May 16, 2012, 03:36:52 AM

Are there different Login servers? Because thats where I did get my errors yesterday.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #176 on: May 16, 2012, 03:42:33 AM

Chat seems to have gone out this evening.

What determines who and how many are on your particular gen. chat btw?

No idea, I was trying to Party Chat with Ragnaros and I kept getting errors.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #177 on: May 16, 2012, 04:08:16 AM

Are there different Login servers? Because thats where I did get my errors yesterday.

I couldn't even connect to battlenet (first of the three login steps) on "Americas" around 10pm but "Europe" went right through the login process without a hitch.  Seems like each of the three regions has completely independent infrastructure.

EDIT: typo
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:37:09 AM by Quinton »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #178 on: May 16, 2012, 04:12:06 AM

I couldn't even connect to battlenet (first of the three login steps) on "Americas" around 10pm but "Europe" when right through the login process without a hitch.  Seems like each of the three regions has completely independent infrastructure.

Yep, should be like that (Paris Blizzard HQ for Europe). Europe login servers are under EXTREME load as well during primetime, anyway. Situation is basically the same, lots of bitching all around.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: May 16, 2012, 04:31:28 AM

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel yet for either region...i.e. is it getting better?  Was thinking of picking this up tonight.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #180 on: May 16, 2012, 05:25:31 AM

I got home at 7:00 EST and logged in.  Didn't have any Disconnects or hiccups from then until I logged-off at 11:30.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: May 16, 2012, 06:16:55 AM

Last night I got into one of those not processing the login things and after a few minutes I just bailed out and tried again and in I went. The client doesn't like bailing out of that though.

I also spent about half an hour clearing some gunk out of the video card, it's not where it should be, but is as good as I can do until I have time to take apart the case. It's got something jammed in there good.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #182 on: May 16, 2012, 06:19:23 AM

I had pretty hilarious lag at points. With the teleport-punch rune and lag I was able to punch people all over the screen without actually moving. Was kinda cool.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #183 on: May 16, 2012, 06:24:35 AM

I decided after reading the issues that taking the day off today was a bad idea.

I'm going to save my play time for tonight if it's back up and running.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: May 16, 2012, 06:25:40 AM

I decided after reading the issues that taking the day off today was a bad idea.

I'm going to save my play time for tonight if it's back up and running.

Bad move.  Seems all the tech problems are over and its monster slaying with clear skies.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #185 on: May 16, 2012, 06:33:45 AM

Given the amount of crap I have to take care of today, trust me, it wasn't really worth taking the chance.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:30 AM

I finally got on after my evening activities last night and found that the maintenance they did made the game go from unplayable to no issues.  Did they keep 20 servers offline just in case they could return them to the Big Box Server store if nobody logged in?  I imagined a comic strip with them looking all over for the issue and some guy back in the corner finds a cord that was never plugged in.

I played for several hours with no issues after that.  I only did solo.  I'll do some multi tonight, hopefully with some old friends I found out are playing through Facebook communications.  Now I get to try out the social network part of the game too.  We'll see...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #187 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:24 AM

Surely it's all those tens of thousands of people giving it low metacritic scores not logging in again.  "this isn't Diablo, the real Diablo successor is Torchilght!"

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:41 AM

Surely it's all those tens of thousands of people giving it low metacritic scores not logging in again.  "this isn't Diablo, the real Diablo successor is Torchilght!"

Fuck user scores on metacritic.  Its usually just a war between the fanboys giving the game a 10 and the "haters" giving it a 1.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #189 on: May 16, 2012, 09:14:09 AM

Fuck user scores on metacritic.  Its usually just a war between the fanboysdevelopers under fake names giving the game a 10 and the "haters" giving it a 1.
FTFY.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #190 on: May 16, 2012, 10:22:48 AM

Fuck user scores on metacritic.  Its usually just a war between the fanboys giving the game a 10 and the "haters" giving it a 1.

Well, yeah. That wasn't the joke, though.  Mob

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: May 16, 2012, 12:48:42 PM

I also spent about half an hour clearing some gunk out of the video card, it's not where it should be, but is as good as I can do until I have time to take apart the case. It's got something jammed in there good.

Get one of these to blow the dust out - I assure you that whatever it is won't be there for long.  :)

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: May 16, 2012, 12:56:50 PM

Ooooh, that's something for my "if I have money left over this fiscal year" list at work.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #193 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:33 PM

You just have to hope it doesn't blow the memory out of its sockets...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #194 on: May 16, 2012, 12:59:11 PM

Pfft.  Just use your Dyson.  awesome, for real

Not recommended, I've had the Dyson suck a decal off something from a foot away.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:18:05 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #195 on: May 16, 2012, 01:16:50 PM

That's awesome and makes better sense than continually buying compressed air.  Hmm...

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #196 on: May 16, 2012, 03:20:05 PM

Second round, I defeat the Mobile Authenticator.  Now to go play Portal 2.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: May 16, 2012, 03:27:00 PM

Got on last night at 6:30 est when they said it would be back up.  Played flawlessly for 3 hours then I logged.  Pretty damn good for opening day for the most anticipated game of the year.

Back on again today, no issues so far. 

Only one yellow, from the SK.  Haven't done MP yet, I shy.  *kicks pebble*
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: May 16, 2012, 04:23:27 PM

Got on last night at 6:30 est when they said it would be back up.  Played flawlessly for 3 hours then I logged.  Pretty damn good for opening day for the most anticipated game of the year.

Back on again today, no issues so far. 

Only one yellow, from the SK.  Haven't done MP yet, I shy.  *kicks pebble*

Oh, I really like MP. Especially when my Witch Doctor got really hard for a bit (just before I got my big tank pet). Even playing with a monk, I died about 4 times in 15 minutes. Kept getting one hit in the desert by nasties.

More stuff drops on MP and it's quick and fun and Diablolicious.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #199 on: May 16, 2012, 05:37:46 PM

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #200 on: May 16, 2012, 05:57:08 PM

Yesterday was rage.  Entirely my own fault.

I bought through Amazon because I had gift cards.  They shipped UPS, which is the only shipper that requires signature.  So I didn't get it.  Called Amazon and bitched them out for using a shit carrier for a release day delivery, ended up refunding the damn thing through them and buying it from Blizzard directly.  I think the moment I click "buy" on the page, the servers went down.  I was just defeated by that point.

It's silly in hindsight, but between work and school I don't get a lot of time to game.  I was really looking forward to it, but the cards were against me I suppose.  Hopefully servers stay up tonight after class. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #201 on: May 16, 2012, 06:31:27 PM

Heh this has fucked-up ALL of Blizzard's login servers.  You can't get in to WoW either.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: May 16, 2012, 06:32:58 PM

Yesterday was rage.  Entirely my own fault.

I bought through Amazon because I had gift cards.  They shipped UPS, which is the only shipper that requires signature.  So I didn't get it.  Called Amazon and bitched them out for using a shit carrier for a release day delivery, ended up refunding the damn thing through them and buying it from Blizzard directly.  I think the moment I click "buy" on the page, the servers went down.  I was just defeated by that point.

It's silly in hindsight, but between work and school I don't get a lot of time to game.  I was really looking forward to it, but the cards were against me I suppose.  Hopefully servers stay up tonight after class. 

My UPS guy didn't stick around for a signature. He just dropped it on the porch. Weird.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: May 16, 2012, 06:35:36 PM

They never want a signature here, but we live in the sticks. Chances of anyone nicking it are pretty minimal.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #204 on: May 16, 2012, 06:36:18 PM

My UPS guy didn't stick around for a signature. He just dropped it on the porch. Weird.

I normally go with UPS so I do not have to sign- unlike Fed Ex.  Odd.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #205 on: May 16, 2012, 06:38:01 PM

The signature thing is usually a checkbox option type thing I think. Don't check it next time.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #206 on: May 16, 2012, 06:40:16 PM

Ugh I just got kicked out.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: May 16, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

Ugh I just got kicked out.

They're updating the server, they said.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #208 on: May 16, 2012, 06:52:06 PM

NOOOOOOOO

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #209 on: May 16, 2012, 07:02:21 PM

NOOOOOOOO

ITS BACK UP!  RED TEAM GOOOOOOOOO

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes  
Jump to: