Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes  (Read 49037 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: May 14, 2012, 08:48:59 AM

Feel free to cancel this topic if you consider it useless or want to create a more specific one.
-----------
Soo...Here in Europe (Italy, in my case) client installation is now unlocked. Installed the software (plus small patch, official digital download) without problems.

Version is 1.0.1.9558

Login screen
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:00:13 AM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:18 AM

Am installing/downloading here in the US as well.  So if you're reading this, jump on it.  You don't want to be trying to download whatever this update is tomorrow.

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:04 AM

Is there a way to install it now if you're waiting on a CE to arrive on the mail?
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:01:50 AM

Gamestop is doing a midnight release (along with Max Payne 3), so I am gonna buy a physical copy. I could use the points on my GS account  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:55 AM

If you've got an active Diablo3 acct. on battle.net you shouldn't have a problem installing with the setup files DLed through the linked installer on your acct.  Bear in mind, it DOES ask for an activation before installation.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:32 AM

Is there a way to install it now if you're waiting on a CE to arrive on the mail?

You might be able to get your hands on a copy of the installer from the link someone posted in the dead thread.  Or have someone there in Austin copy it to a thumb drive for you as it's 7gb.

Then again, Ghambit points out it needs an activation, which you won't have unless you ordered it directly from Blizzard.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:53 AM

http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/589acdb4-c660-318a-b993-01528fad7da6/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

Reddit thread has all the downloader versions found here if someone else has the same issue but wants something besides the US English version

Edit: as for needing activation - that is true, but may as well have it installed beforehand if possible to save time that could be spent playing once activation is possible for him (through guest pass of someone having a CE on hand earlier, or receiving his own copy).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:08:44 AM by Segoris »
ginandplatonic
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 09:17:15 AM

If I purchased the game through Battlenet, should I have already received an activation code?
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:14 AM

I believe digital purchases automatically have their key applied to your account, and you should just be able to download from your account page (in the Diablo 3 section, select your preferred client).

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 09:23:24 AM

If I purchased the game through Battlenet, should I have already received an activation code?

No, it just magically works. Look at your battle.net account, if it shows up under the games, it's already activated.

If you are receiving a 'insert disk' error, you need to re-run the downloader and you'll probably have to re-download the last 4 gigs or so. If you pre-downloaded it more than a day or two ago, this is pretty likely as they changed some installer bits.
ginandplatonic
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 09:31:46 AM

Great, thanks for the info! After running the Install it redirected my browser to my Battlenet page, asking for the activation key. In a panic I scoured every inch of every email I've received from Blizzard in the past month.

I've been actively anticipating this game for years, and as such I'm a nervous wreck. I'll be doing finger exercises at work today...the last thing I need is my mouse hand cramping up after I breeze through act 1 for the 18th time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:46 AM

Downloading installer now. Will just run it after I get my copy.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:34:31 AM

Keep in mind you can run it now if you want, you'll just have to wait to get the code in your box to apply to your account before you can actually login, but there is no downside to installing now, unless of course you just want to wait for whatever reason.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 09:38:04 AM

Keep in mind you can run it now if you want, you'll just have to wait to get the code in your box to apply to your account before you can actually login, but there is no downside to installing now, unless of course you just want to wait for whatever reason.

Yeah -- you don't have to login until the installation is complete -- it just prompts you to go to the website and activate *while* installing.  It'll install and patch just fine without requiring you to enter any account info.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:13 AM

No, it just magically works. Look at your battle.net account, if it shows up under the games, it's already activated.

If you are receiving a 'insert disk' error, you need to re-run the downloader and you'll probably have to re-download the last 4 gigs or so. If you pre-downloaded it more than a day or two ago, this is pretty likely as they changed some installer bits.

And here is an important information, for those who downloaded/are going to install the EU client (german and english) . Dunno if it applies to the U.S. version as well. Sorry if it was already posted in the locked thread, but I guess it's going to be useful.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/New_Downloaders_for_English_and_German-12_05_2012#blog

we became aware of an issue affecting the previously available German and EU English versions of the digital install downloader for Diablo III, which would not download all the necessary files. If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in these languages before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15

The post goes on with more important info and links, so be sure to read it all.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 09:43:15 AM

Exacty, or this happens:

Fine, then this:

And ultimately this:

Fock.

Now I have to redownload 15 GB before midnight. And that's because I wanted to be so ready for launch date and did the whole thing in advance on both computers.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:17 AM

Now I have to redownload 15 GB before midnight. And that's because I wanted to be so ready for launch date and did the whole thing in advance on both computers.

You shouldn't have to re-download the whole thing.  Just grab the new installer-downloader and point it at whereever you installed the previous version to.  It should verify the files and patch them, involving a much much much smaller download.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:51 AM

Yes, I read that after posting. I am trying. So far it's stuck on "initializing". I hope it'll work.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:36 AM

You guys are getting your files confused.  ANYONE can DL the downloader/installer with the provided link, but you wont be able to actually "install" the game unless you have an activated account and an internet connection.  Once you do the install you can recyclebin the setup.exe files and use the installed launcher/patcher.

Kinda screwy imo as unless you've purchased from Battle.net you're shit out of luck with installation until midnite (and installation is kinda slow since it optimizes, patches, etc.).

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 10:13:41 AM

The installer did not ask me for any credentials when I ran it -- it decrypted, installed, and patched, and the game launched.  The game then would not let me login because it's not midnight yet...
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 10:14:49 AM

I am installed and ready.  Bnet being down is the only thing holding me back.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 10:20:15 AM

http://us.media.battle.net.edgesuite.net/downloads/d3-installers/589acdb4-c660-318a-b993-01528fad7da6/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe

Reddit thread has all the downloader versions found here if someone else has the same issue but wants something besides the US English version
Thank you!
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 10:26:13 AM

The installer did not ask me for any credentials when I ran it -- it decrypted, installed, and patched, and the game launched.  The game then would not let me login because it's not midnight yet...

Did you have an active acct?  It asked me for a split second until I redirected to the battle.net acct. page and then it went through.  Weird.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 10:29:18 AM

I do have an active account (pre-ordered online), but it didn't seem like it did anything until I hit play, at which time it needed my credentials to tell me that it couldn't talk to battlenet.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 10:35:32 AM

I could have sworn when I ordered the CE from Amazon that they said they'd deliver it on the 14th.

Now it says the 15th, and I still haven't gotten confirmation of it being shipped.  swamp poop
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 10:42:37 AM

I ordered mine back in December and it says estimated delivery date of May 18th on mine Ohhhhh, I see.

Going to be standing in line at Fry's tonight... swamp poop
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:20 AM

I could have sworn when I ordered the CE from Amazon that they said they'd deliver it on the 14th.

Now it says the 15th, and I still haven't gotten confirmation of it being shipped.  swamp poop

You might still be okay -- I've had a few instances of launch day pre-orders where Amazon's order update/tracking system seems to have been backlogged and the ship notice didn't show up until after UPS has dropped the package off. 
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 10:54:47 AM

Amazon occasionally oversells.  Maybe they're scrambling to find enough. (kidding)

I have a CE on preorder myself that says "shipping soon" but they charged my card last night.  Check your CC and see if they billed you already, if not THEN I'd worry.

Based on shipping large quantities of drawings around the country with UPS I can say this.  If you did next-day delivery they have until 8pm tonight to get it to the shipper and you'll still get it sometime tomorrow before noon.  Shipping logistics blows my mind sometimes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 11:22:01 AM

You guys are getting your files confused.  ANYONE can DL the downloader/installer with the provided link, but you wont be able to actually "install" the game unless you have an activated account and an internet connection.  Once you do the install you can recyclebin the setup.exe files and use the installed launcher/patcher.

Kinda screwy imo as unless you've purchased from Battle.net you're shit out of luck with installation until midnite (and installation is kinda slow since it optimizes, patches, etc.).

When you install there are two windows, one is to just plain install and the other asks you to activate it. It installs fine without going to the activation section.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 11:43:03 AM

Amazon occasionally oversells.  Maybe they're scrambling to find enough. (kidding)

I have a CE on preorder myself that says "shipping soon" but they charged my card last night.  Check your CC and see if they billed you already, if not THEN I'd worry.

Based on shipping large quantities of drawings around the country with UPS I can say this.  If you did next-day delivery they have until 8pm tonight to get it to the shipper and you'll still get it sometime tomorrow before noon.  Shipping logistics blows my mind sometimes.
While I was reading this post, Amazon sent me a confirmation email saying my CE had been shipped.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:52 AM

Amazon billed me, and I'm just waiting. For most things like my WoW Expansions, Amazon always shipped them at 9PM and they got to my house when I got off work.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:46 AM

Having the stress test beta client installed help at all, downloadwise?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 12:08:58 PM

Having the stress test beta client installed help at all, downloadwise?

Nope. As usual with Blizzard...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 12:28:06 PM

Just got confirmation that it shipped. Supposed to come May 15.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:59 PM

I hate you people Ohhhhh, I see.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Purchase/Installation/Technical woes  
Jump to: