Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Planet Stronghold - Winter Wolves - PC/Mac 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planet Stronghold - Winter Wolves - PC/Mac  (Read 2788 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

on: April 07, 2012, 08:19:28 AM

You know the feeling when you're staring at something like this when you just opened the game?

Yeah, baby, grind your butt to my crotch.

What the shit is this? It all started from a joke in RPGCodex forum. I thought, 'Hey, this is a pretty Derp game, trying to rip off Mass Effect fanbase with some kinda visual novel engine.' (This is using Katawa Shoujo's Engine Renpy, BTW)

The plot is full of cliche. The characters remind me of Sunday Morning Cartoon specials. But ever since I got this game, I can't help but feel EXTREMELY sad. It's just impossible. But somehow, this game is more RPG than Mass Effect can ever hope to be.

Click on their website and you'll be assaulted with so much  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS you probably laugh till your eyesockets turn dry and you can't help but share the laughs with others, pointing fingers and calling this game what it is...some kinda of ....weaboo infested corner of the internet.

Fuck EA origins, we have the site of the year

But play a little longer...and something clicks together.

Turn based combat goodness. Dmg resistance, skills both combat and non combat.

Halp, too many numbers where's mah awesome button

And the skills do apply - giving choices pre-combat. Whether to negotiate, use explosives, or repairs to find ways to overcome challenges. It all works together, y'see!

Time limit quests - no HP regens and Choices & Consequences with variable endings.
Also, homosexual and lesbian romances. 1 each per gender. Take that Bioware. And best of all, no Origins.
So what are you waiting for? I'm a fanboy now.  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 02:54:38 PM

So what are you waiting for?

Steam sale, of course  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Seriously, though, I always do a bit of a double take when I see a PC game that's not on Steam (or at least a competing service, like GOG or something).  I can't imagine a programmer deciding not to publish on the platform that holds something like 90% of the PC market share.  I've seen no small number of indie devs gushing about their sales figures on Steam compared to things like XBL.  And having seen some of the turds that have passed through Steam, I can't imagine what you'd have to do to get blacklisted.  I'm not exactly up to date on this stuff, it just jumps out as weird whenever I see this kind of thing.  Like it's weird that there are PC games out there that I haven't heard anything about, considering how much time I spend reading about this stuff.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 03:47:25 PM

I thought PS was pretty decent when I played it a year ago or so.

The combat system is fun with the different resistances and the interface is useful for going between the weapons (and armor at the beginning) that you need to go through to match things up.  The overall story is cliche as you say, but I liked enough of the characters that I didn't mind it.

Also, with regards to Steam, my favorite of cliffski's games, Democracy 2, was "just not a good fit for distribution on Steam" according to Valve.  At the end of the day, that's who's deciding what's on there.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Planet Stronghold - Winter Wolves - PC/Mac  
Jump to: